Games Mafia Game 87 - Baccano! - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@GrySun @gnut @SirSamuel016 @desin24 @Raven @Gajeel and Minaa!

Do you agree that the first 4 Elixirs should all be passed once before used?

Consider that the people with the highest chance to get them are passive / vanilla roles, while a detective woudn't be able to get it.
I think this is done on porpose to encourage them to pass it.

Passing it has the potential of confirming the sender or the receiver or both depending on what happens next.

There is a lot of scenarios as an example:
if somebody dies as Immortal but no one claims they gave them an elixir, they are probably mafia.
If somebody claims they gave them the Elixir, he will tie his claim with them and if one is exposed both will be exposed.
Idk...cause like discussed I'm not worried about using mechanic now...let yall deal wit dat.
Sorry...Im stubborn like that xD
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
As Orgz once said, we‘ll burn that bridge when we get to it. :cookiehand
I would rather cross it but ok, I'm getting used to people not following town plans even if they are town, last game PTSD.

Are you town?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
But mafia could pass among each other, that doesn't clear nor incriminate them (say you passed it to a mafia cause you simply don't know and the mafia dies - doesn't mean you're mafia). Someone confirming they got the elixir from X doesn't make the person town either. If you pass it, you take another round before someone can use the action/effect as well. Just don't see a lot of benefit in that per se, I guess it should be up to one' strategy for now. Unless I'm missing things...
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Their playstyle or not, I would like to see more activity out of those who have been quiet; @Seraph for one strikes me as just plain lurking with a thanks for the avatar and lets have fun post, and then a hint about having his role previously. Anything more you might want to contribute mate?
Nothing you wouldn't learn through backreading.

Seraph has been playing this way ever since last year, there's nothing weird about it.
Thank you for noticing and pointing this out.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But mafia could pass among each other, that doesn't clear nor incriminate them (say you passed it to a mafia cause you simply don't know and the mafia dies - doesn't mean you're mafia). Someone confirming they got the elixir from X doesn't make the person town either. If you pass it, you take another round before someone can use the action/effect as well. Just don't see a lot of benefit in that per se, I guess it should be up to one' strategy for now. Unless I'm missing things...
Yeah...its day 1 and they making plays lol

:catshrug
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Thank you for noticing and pointing this out.
:rofl
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I would rather cross it but ok, I'm getting used to people not following town plans even if they are town, last game PTSD.

Are you town?
Of course I am. Didn‘t you see I wasn‘t even nominated in the Best Mafia category?

I‘m trying to say that it‘s too early to think of what to do with elixirs as that will need 3 night phases.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Of course I am. Didn‘t you see I wasn‘t even nominated in the Best Mafia category?

I‘m trying to say that it‘s too early to think of what to do with elixirs as that will need 3 night phases.
What you think about Gaj saying Seraph is a silent lurker for over a year????:toc
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe last 2 games he played he's been conservative...but other than that seraph has been quite vocal player no?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
What you think about Gaj saying Seraph is a silent lurker for over a year????:toc
I was exaggerating by saying a year, but he has definitely been playing this way for quite a while now.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
But mafia could pass among each other, that doesn't clear nor incriminate them (say you passed it to a mafia cause you simply don't know and the mafia dies - doesn't mean you're mafia). Someone confirming they got the elixir from X doesn't make the person town either. If you pass it, you take another round before someone can use the action/effect as well. Just don't see a lot of benefit in that per se, I guess it should be up to one' strategy for now. Unless I'm missing things...
Yes it is not that easy xD

A best case scenario is a townie passing it to another townie, if the second townie confirms himself, he will automatically confirm the sender, since a mafia would never pass it to a non mafia.

If the sender made a mistake and passed it to a mafia, then it doesn't innocent nor condemns them just for doing that, it will depend on the context until that point, did he have a good reason to trust him? did they not expect him to get killed at night by another killing party so they never bothered to claim earlier?

If town has more chance of getting the Elixir then this is probably a bad idea, since passing it increases the risk of a mafia getting it.
If all factions have the same chance of getting an Elexir, then if Town forces the elixir to be passed before used, it will force the 3 other factions to claim who they passed it to, which will force them to tie their claim to another person in their faction.

I have to check to see if mafia will go for Elixirs or TR or both in the first night.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was exaggerating by saying a year, but he has definitely been playing this way for quite a while now.
Smh...i dont think so
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm passive, lot of elixir talk understandably but my brain has shut down for the night...well morning
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Couple things yall should remember....
Lambu naming Lala and demon as suspects....one if not both are his team if he's mafia.
Gaj standing up for seraph being a conservative player.
My 2 cents
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Gry...got a feeling bout you
With all this stuff coming out...think you would be a little more objective instead of agreeable
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Yes it is not that easy xD

A best case scenario is a townie passing it to another townie, if the second townie confirms himself, he will automatically confirm the sender, since a mafia would never pass it to a non mafia.

If the sender made a mistake and passed it to a mafia, then it doesn't innocent nor condemns them just for doing that, it will depend on the context until that point, did he have a good reason to trust him? did they not expect him to get killed at night by another killing party so they never bothered to claim earlier?

If town has more chance of getting the Elixir then this is probably a bad idea, since passing it increases the risk of a mafia getting it.
If all factions have the same chance of getting an Elexir, then if Town forces the elixir to be passed before used, it will force the 3 other factions to claim who they passed it to, which will force them to tie their claim to another person in their faction.

I have to check to see if mafia will go for Elixirs or TR or both in the first night.
Also it is confirmed we have Masons, I'm not sure how it works, does the game starts with a few people already in the masonry? or is it just a recruiter that starts alone?

Either way if the elixir is with a mason, they can probably pass it safely, to another mason, which increases the chance of Elixirs being passed successfully by town.

Mafia can also account for all of this, they can make plays but I won't write my thoughts on that.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I missed old policedog Greg

Votekill Gajeel notice this
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Also Gry...got a feeling bout you
With all this stuff coming out...think you would be a little more objective instead of agreeable
I didn't want to mention it yet because I wanted to see how it would pan out but he has been acting very aloof all game thus far
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I missed old policedog Greg

Votekill Gajeel notice this
Wondering where you were...can I trust you this game nephew.
Not feeling good about our butterfly
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Yes it is not that easy xD

A best case scenario is a townie passing it to another townie, if the second townie confirms himself, he will automatically confirm the sender, since a mafia would never pass it to a non mafia.

If the sender made a mistake and passed it to a mafia, then it doesn't innocent nor condemns them just for doing that, it will depend on the context until that point, did he have a good reason to trust him? did they not expect him to get killed at night by another killing party so they never bothered to claim earlier?

If town has more chance of getting the Elixir then this is probably a bad idea, since passing it increases the risk of a mafia getting it.
If all factions have the same chance of getting an Elexir, then if Town forces the elixir to be passed before used, it will force the 3 other factions to claim who they passed it to, which will force them to tie their claim to another person in their faction.

I have to check to see if mafia will go for Elixirs or TR or both in the first night.
Hard to know towns odds since we dunno the comp, as in dunno how many people will be willing to farm the elixirs. But yeah in spite of an attempt to coordinate, I agree that later on if some confirmed townie confirms an elixir sender, I can't imagine that person being scum either. Keeping the elixirs within the mafia/mentor (wtv could be there) seems much better for them than building credibility by passing. Quite of a specific scenario tho.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Wondering where you were...can I trust you this game nephew.
Not feeling good about our butterfly
Idk I think she has been fairly analytical so far. I just didn't like the "Oh Greg cmon" but wouldn't build a case from it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top