Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Always been a fan of Yakuza, i might look into that one.

For Cyberpunk it's not just the bug, i truly feel like the game is incomplete (rushed release) and gonna be lot better in a year. Once i play a game, i can't play it again. so i'd rather wait and get the best out of it
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
23,503
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Always been a fan of Yakuza, i might look into that one.

For Cyberpunk it's not just the bug, i truly feel like the game is incomplete (rushed release) and gonna be lot better in a year. Once i play a game, i can't play it again. so i'd rather wait and get the best out of it
Yeah, I can't say enough good things about the new Yakuza. I actually liked Ichiban more than Kiriyu. And his overall story is something I liked better too. The dragon quest nods are also pretty great and how his obsession with those games plays into him as a character.

The only knocks I have on it are a few very late game boss fights that were a bit overtuned. Specifically in the area of boss HP combined with damage resistances. Those fights take far too long. But there are only a couple of those.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Managed to roll credits on Cyberpunk 2077 now, a couple times..

My spoiler free review as one of the seemingly few people who got to play it in a form that was relatively bug free. Great game and beautiful game. The world design and the writing of the characters and quests were great. I actually grew to like the combat system and driving and everything too. There are some issues with the item mechanics like crafting and loot and such. And there were some immersion features I was expecting to be there that aren't. Specifically, love interest variety, purchasable apartments, plastic surgery stuff, that sort of thing.

Doesn't have a particularly strong final act either IMO. I've seen multiple endings at this point. And the ones I've seen weren't as good as I think they rest of the story is. Which maybe has to do more with how strong the middle part of the game is but regardless of the reason it felt just a little bit weaker than the rest. Which is not how you want to end your game, honestly. At least I don't think so.

Overall, I think it's absolutely an A+ game.

It's not Witcher 3 level though. Not to me anyway. The way it handles it's quests and the way it builds it's world, characters, and how it blends those two things into quests is just terrific. In most ways, it is the game I had hoped it would be. I'm walking away quite satisfied.
 
Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Got my xbox series x today
:bob
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Managed to roll credits on Cyberpunk 2077 now, a couple times..

My spoiler free review as one of the seemingly few people who got to play it in a form that was relatively bug free. Great game and beautiful game. The world design and the writing of of the characters and quests were great. I actually grew to like the combat system and driving and everything too. There are some issues with the item mechanics like crafting and loot and such. And there were some immersion features I was expecting to be there that aren't. Specifically, love interest variety, purchasable apartments, plastic surgery stuff, that sort of thing.

Doesn't have a particularly strong final act either IMO. I've seen multiple endings at this point. And the ones I've seen weren't as good as I think they rest of the story is. Which maybe has to do more with how strong the middle part of the game is but regardless of the reason it felt just a little bit weaker than the rest. Which is not how you want to end your game, honestly. At least I don't think so.

Overall, I think it's absolutely an A+ game.

It's not Witcher 3 level though. Not to me anyway. The way it handles it's quests and the way it builds it's world, characters, and how it blends those two things into quests is just terrific. In most ways, it is the game I had hoped it would be. I'm walking away quite satisfied.
I think the fact that you can't alter your appearance after creating your character but you can replace your entire skeleton or central nervous system via cyberware is very clearly them running out of time to implement it.

What system specs were you running with? I have a GTX 1080 and play at 1440p and the game struggles to maintain 60 fps even on mostly medium settings. That sort of thing is less important in story-based games like this, but still feels kinda meh if you want a smoother experience. The game doesn't look bad on low/medium settings but not at the kind of fidelity you see the game advertised. Obviously no Raytracing or DLSS to take advantage of since my card isn't a 20 or 30 series.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
23,503
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the fact that you can't alter your appearance after creating your character but you can replace your entire skeleton or central nervous system via cyberware is very clearly them running out of time to implement it.

What system specs were you running with? I have a GTX 1080 and play at 1440p and the game struggles to maintain 60 fps even on mostly medium settings. That sort of thing is less important in story-based games like this, but still feels kinda meh if you want a smoother experience. The game doesn't look bad on low/medium settings but not at the kind of fidelity you see the game advertised. Obviously no Raytracing or DLSS to take advantage of since my card isn't a 20 or 30 series.
I ran it on a Nvidia 2060 KO with Ray Tracing enabled but Ray Traced Reflections off, that looked prettier but the cost of 15 fps was too much for me. And DLSS set to quality. I ran it at 1080p. Performance was typically about 50 fps, I think. Some drops probably when panning the camera while driving in 3rd person in some dense downtown locations but other than that performance felt good.

Ideally, I think I'd want something in the 2070 or better range to get the full 60 while making things look fully good. And DLSS helps a ton with performance.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And, yeah, there were a couple things I assumed weren't there because the higherups kicked the game out the door. The plastic surgery seems like one of those things. I bet they wanted to put immersion stuff in there too. Considering how many cars you can buy but can't actually do much with besides drive them to missions which in no way involve cars... :neutral
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Everytime there is a new gen, some publishers trying to sell the same game twice. This time since new console are backward compatibles, the strats around is new content (GTA 5) , ultimate edition (Control) or a remake nobody asked for(Spiderman). Kinda disgusted by Control dev saying only the ultimate edition gonna get optimized for the new gen :bnah
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

that been said i'm playing AC Valhalla atm. the game is gorgeous in 4k HDR.
A screenshot i took from my xbox yesterday. I'm playing in performance mode ( 60 fps)



Still early in the game but i'm liking it more than Odyssey so far
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
or a remake nobody asked for(Spiderman).
Iirc the upgrade is free. It's not rly a remake just a performance boost.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Iirc the upgrade is free. It's not rly a remake just a performance boost.
so people who bought the game on ps4, don't need to buy it again to get the remake again? its not just a performance boost, they changed the character model and all. fans where mad at this :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
so people who bought the game on ps4, don't need to buy it again to get the remake again? its not just a performance boost, they changed the character model and all. fans where mad at this :lmao
What are you talking about, Miles Morales? It's a new short game that used the original game's resources, like Uncharted Lost Legacy. It's not a full price game either.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh that. I didn't like the new model but it hardly deserves an outrage. It was prolly done so he looks more relatable to Tom Holland
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
What are you talking about, Miles Morales? It's a new short game that used the original game's resources, like Uncharted Lost Legacy. It's not a full price game either.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh that. I didn't like the new model but it hardly deserves an outrage. It was prolly done so he looks more relatable to Tom Holland
Not talking about miles morales but the ps5 version of spiderman a.k.a the optimized version. ps4 version run on backward compatibility on the ps5, it's not optimized.

yep they're selling again, only way to get the remaster is to buy it with miles morales
--- Double Post Merged, ---

No wonder they did a remaster nobody asked for, all strats are good to sell again :lmao
making people pay for an update would violate xbox and ps policies so they need to re-release it under a new edition or bundle to re-sell the upgraded version.
It's true that optimizing the game for the new gen is not free work but that's bs for people who already bought the game full price to have to rebuy it full price again
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Hm ok you are right, I got them mixed up.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
what ya'll playing atm?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
23,503
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Rimworld.

It's fantastic.
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,190
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
asked the same thing in FF,,, no success.... trying my luck here now

is the secret of mana remake worth a playthrough? thanks for ratings on the game in advance :^_^
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
asked the same thing in FF,,, no success.... trying my luck here now

is the secret of mana remake worth a playthrough? thanks for ratings on the game in advance :^_^
I was interested in picking it up on PC but the reviews look pretty poor. Seems to be a half-assed effort with bugs. But that could just be a PC thing, no clue.
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,190
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I was interested in picking it up on PC but the reviews look pretty poor. Seems to be a half-assed effort with bugs. But that could just be a PC thing, no clue.
Thx :hug
Ps 4 for me... the snes game is an all time classic for me so i was always hoping for a great remake. If you say half assed I ll just try to lend it from somewhere.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Thx :hug
Ps 4 for me... the snes game is an all time classic for me so i was always hoping for a great remake. If you say half assed I ll just try to lend it from somewhere.
Could be worth it if you can get it cheap, but for me it's $40 regularly which even as a remake doesn't seem worth it if it seems to have so many issues.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Rimworld.

It's fantastic.
checked a bit, looked interesting. that been said it's $35 on steam, i find it too expensive for an indie that came out in 2016
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Could be worth it if you can get it cheap, but for me it's $40 regularly which even as a remake doesn't seem worth it if it seems to have so many issues.
lol that remind me i was interested in collection of mana on switch https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/collection-of-mana-switch/
but i felt like 40 bucks to play very old games wasn't worth it.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Still playing Assassin creed valhalla (game is super long ) and some Forza horizon 4.

Forza horizon 4 should come to steam in March, fantastic game. If you like casual racing genre, i definitely recommend that one. The best racing game out there imo.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

while AC Valhalla is super fun, it kinda reminded me why i'm not fond of open world anymore. Past mid game, it really give you the "too long, i wanna get done with it but don't wanna drop halfway" feeling. Imma stick to 20h long semi linear games for a while after this.

yakuza 0 to 6 smiling at me in the corner :plot
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
23,503
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
checked a bit, looked interesting. that been said it's $35 on steam, i find it too expensive for an indie that came out in 2016
I would say it's the best game of it's type I've ever played. So the price to me is more than worth it.
 
Top