Games Mafia Game 90: Guilty Gear -Strive- END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,658
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Do we kill samuel for posting strange hmmm.
Interesting how Gry and Panda planted the seeds of me supposedly posting strange and now more people like yourself are biting that carrot they dangled :hmm
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Interesting how Gry and Panda planted the seeds of me supposedly posting strange and now more people like yourself are biting that carrot they dangled :hmm
Didn‘t you plant it first with your words? I‘m just seeing bad grass growing there 🤔
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,658
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Didn‘t you plant it first with your words? I‘m just seeing bad grass growing there 🤔
Hahaha that's cute, I say my role is interesting after a bunch of active claims and that makes me sus? C'mon Gry, you can do better than that.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
@Lady pompom what are your thoughts on people so far? And @Holt since you remarked how slow the game is, any other thing on your mind besides Gry's hint?
Not much to go, but most people gave some hint at least, would question more the quiet ones. Aside that, I am not surprised we have passive claims with so many active ones claimed, possibly one of the sides has mafia mingling into town. I am still not sure about mechanics, will need a couple more readings to get the gist of it.

That said, Votekill Vandred me and rival finally meet in yet another game? he gets my vote 1st day!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sorry, meant passive claim* (not plural), bugged somehow.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Not much to go, but most people gave some hint at least, would question more the quiet ones. Aside that, I am not surprised we have passive claims with so many active ones claimed, possibly one of the sides has mafia mingling into town. I am still not sure about mechanics, will need a couple more readings to get the gist of it.

That said, Votekill Vandred me and rival finally meet in yet another game? he gets my vote 1st day!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sorry, meant passive claim* (not plural), bugged somehow.
It's just that you're quiet yourself c.c and even tho you fixed "passives" to "passive", your comment was on either the "passives" or the active having mafia among them. Kinda makes less sense with "passive", no? Also Marm was the third to claim before the active fest, so idk your comment seemed a bit empty to me (hate pushing your buttons lol)
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
I imagine there to be a rock-paper-scissors kind of dynamic at play (psych beats insta, cancel beats psych, insta beats cancel), so one has to more or less anticipate what they're going to get hit with. Tho if I'm reading the rules correctly, starting night 2, the first power is not going to be very useful.

Since you gain 25% tension every turn (and one stockpile 50% by n2, but then expend 30), mafia (or anyone really) can keep using 'cancel' to make sure their jutsu connects. Starting night 2 everyone has enough tension pent up to use 'cancel' till like night 6 (assuming you use it every turn and don't use any other jutsu). In other words, (kill) actions cancel lands on psych are guaranteed to hit (since psych cancels out eventual protection from the doc too, I think). I don't think using the insta jutsu is as beneficial as using cancel (given the existence of psyche I wonder if there's a doctor in the game, actually).

Those are some random thoughts on the system; though I don't know the comp, for now, I think the cheap usage of 'cancel' privileges non-towns

As for players, I think I'll habitually favour Gry and Farf till I can't. I think there should be a couple of passives whose powers still trigger on hit (cancel doesn't cancel out a role, so it could hit BP, Bomb, Avenger, have at it). Marms claiming passive (though voluntarily) is a bit of a staple but for now, I think it fits. Erin called me 'panda boy' instead of the usual panda kun which possibly means she's planning revenge on me for the last game. Sam's overtly friendly and un-obnoxious behaviour is sus but it's possible that's because he wants us to vote his waifu. Van and Shad went missing which is worrying. Demon and Pom claimed to have roles they had, and Demon, in particular, is playing reserved but he could be holding sth spicy.

idk who to vote for yet
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Holtie being the active one that needed "some push" to do so.
I didn't need a push though? You asked I responded. Don't think anyone else asked prior to that. I typically wait till someone asks unless I'm the one questioning (in which case, it's only right)

@Lady pompom what are your thoughts on people so far? And @Holt since you remarked how slow the game is, any other thing on your mind besides Gry's hint?
Mostly similar to yours. Only Gry's made me raise an eye but apparently, he's been doing that for a couple of games now and I just didn't notice. I guess it's partly due to the fact that he's not targeted that early as often anymore.

Votekill Asako (random)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Not much to go, but most people gave some hint at least, would question more the quiet ones. Aside that, I am not surprised we have passive claims with so many active ones claimed, possibly one of the sides has mafia mingling into town. I am still not sure about mechanics, will need a couple more readings to get the gist of it.

That said, Votekill Vandred me and rival finally meet in yet another game? he gets my vote 1st day!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sorry, meant passive claim* (not plural), bugged somehow.
Would you actually lynch your rival asap tho? I like to keep my rival around as long as possible.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I‘m no Traitor or anything mean this time, so no need to punish me for last game :verily
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I imagine there to be a rock-paper-scissors kind of dynamic at play (psych beats insta, cancel beats psych, insta beats cancel), so one has to more or less anticipate what they're going to get hit with. Tho if I'm reading the rules correctly, starting night 2, the first power is not going to be very useful.

Since you gain 25% tension every turn (and one stockpile 50% by n2, but then expend 30), mafia (or anyone really) can keep using 'cancel' to make sure their jutsu connects. Starting night 2 everyone has enough tension pent up to use 'cancel' till like night 6 (assuming you use it every turn and don't use any other jutsu). In other words, (kill) actions cancel lands on psych are guaranteed to hit (since psych cancels out eventual protection from the doc too, I think). I don't think using the insta jutsu is as beneficial as using cancel (given the existence of psyche I wonder if there's a doctor in the game, actually).

Those are some random thoughts on the system; though I don't know the comp, for now, I think the cheap usage of 'cancel' privileges non-towns

As for players, I think I'll habitually favour Gry and Farf till I can't. I think there should be a couple of passives whose powers still trigger on hit (cancel doesn't cancel out a role, so it could hit BP, Bomb, Avenger, have at it). Marms claiming passive (though voluntarily) is a bit of a staple but for now, I think it fits. Erin called me 'panda boy' instead of the usual panda kun which possibly means she's planning revenge on me for the last game. Sam's overtly friendly and un-obnoxious behaviour is sus but it's possible that's because he wants us to vote his waifu. Van and Shad went missing which is worrying. Demon and Pom claimed to have roles they had, and Demon, in particular, is playing reserved but he could be holding sth spicy.

idk who to vote for yet
I got Sam as overly defensive instead of friendly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I didn't need a push though? You asked I responded. Don't think anyone else asked prior to that. I typically wait till someone asks unless I'm the one questioning (in which case, it's only right)
But why do you always prefer to wait if you'll easily give the hint?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,658
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sam's overtly friendly and un-obnoxious behaviour is sus but it's possible that's because he wants us to vote his waifu
Ya got me, I don't want to lose to the Pigeon in round 1 :XD


If any of you think that smile is beautiful like I do, give it some support by voting for Musashi here.



Yes, I have no shame. I'm a cunt after all :cheez

I'm finding it hard to trust anyone at the moment though, you all seem a bit off to me minus maybe Marm who hinted something different (passive) :arf
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,892
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Work has freed me once again, I’ll catch up when I get home
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
In that case:

Votekill Digitaldude!
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Thanks god only 5 pages to read!

Since "active" or "never had it before" don't mean much, I'll say my role is active and I never had it before :lambirb
I'm passive.

I don't care much about Day 1, last game I died for participating in it >.<
on that note:

VoteKIll pompom
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
Van and Shad both were afk and returned around the same time ka
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Van and Shad both were afk and returned around the same time ka
We weren't gonna tell everybody yet, but since you find out already, there is no point hiding it any further.

Me and van are a thing :toc
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
My reappearance was actually sandwiched between Marm's and Shad's, with my post being 14 minutes after Marm's and 15 minutes before Shad's. Guess the whole team is burned now :emocat
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top