Games Mafia Game 90: Guilty Gear -Strive- END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Wait witch was removed ?
Naniiii
Gues please when there a known role removed could you announce it in the normal thread (i rarely check the new role one considering it basically james secret spam thread)


Btw what's the problem with hinting active and never had it before ?
We always did this, plus it's more for later
We can't hint sth clear D1, that's only make it easier to minpoint N1 kill for mafias
Better blend in for D1 when we don't have any info =3=
Plus D1 is random anyways so giving a lot of info is more a chackle for townie than beneficial, at least how i see it
Roles need to be used
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then again some games I'm like
Well i want to reveal D1 :XD
Mood man
Good hints aren't supposed to make mafia pinpoint your role on D1, they're meant to provide as specific a reference as possible for when you eventually reveal. "Active" leaves a poll of 30-something roles, "had it/never had it" possibly even more. The earlier they provide something limiting, the harder it will be for mafia to work around with their claims.

The fact that we always go for active/passive hints anyway isn't exactly a good excuse to keep it up =3=
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Was more surprised if it was some weird premature mason reveal instead of thinking a scum Shad was throwing on his second post, but it doesn't matter anyway.
...or maybe it was simply a joke about the fact we supposedly coordinated our posts somehow '3'
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
The fact that we always go for active/passive hints anyway isn't exactly a good excuse to keep it up =3=
Tch, =3=
Too bad I'm lazy most of the time
Tho for this game I'm not too worried as i have a lazy hint ready that give more info :XD
Not now tho is my point....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Still I'm surprised juviii hinted this game considering she usually doesn't hint D1.... Ever
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Just for the sake of being argumentative, I disagree about the active hints holding little value. With reveal, false active role claims can either stand out or become very limited due to overlaps.

And I'll agree with Koko, I'm not used to Van and Juvs providing much, but at least Van elaborated some more and didn't leave it fully open. So I'll votekill Juvs for now.

Not a fan of how Bia wrote that last post but don't wanna stack a second vote on her, and also don't like Sam, imo he was quite defensive, but I'm not super fine with Pandu eiher mostly 'cause I didn't see Sam being friendly at all so idk if he sounded pushy on Sam 'cause Gry started something.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Our mafia team is found out, obviously. What else did you think I'd be talking about? '3'

Now, as for more serious business. On the matter of hints, my more useful version would be that the role fits my avy characters in a couple of ways (from what I've read about them). Trust me that you'll see it when you see it.

The first thing I found it a bit funny would be des pointing out that the "had it before" hints don't mean much, while his only hint was "active", which also means little. Especially if you're not new to turning that hint around because baiting.

The second would be Juvs saying:



When the previous hint was that the role is not Witch? That'd be like me "hinting" I'm not Barkeeper :lambirb
I wasn't saying that my hint means much. It's D1 after all and everybody should make hints to limit mafia in the roles they could possibly claim later on. I was just thinking that "had the role before" limits future options for mafia to lie about less if the person has 30+ games while active/passive claims lock future role hints into one of these two categories. On the other hand the "had role before" actually helped get someone in a game lately due to Evil's lists so I guess I was a bit too harsh dismissing it right away.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Tch, =3=
Too bad I'm lazy most of the time
Tho for this game I'm not too worried as i have a lazy hint ready that give more info :XD
Not now tho is my point....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Still I'm surprised juviii hinted this game considering she usually doesn't hint D1.... Ever
Eeehhh..... alright then _3_


Just for the sake of being argumentative, I disagree about the active hints holding little value. With reveal, false active role claims can either stand out or become very limited due to overlaps.
I'd still feel more comfortable if it weren't the whole playerlist who hinted like that... but not much more that can be done at this point, I guess.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I wasn't saying that my hint means much. It's D1 after all and everybody should make hints to limit mafia in the roles they could possibly claim later on. I was just thinking that "had the role before" limits future options for mafia to lie about less if the person has 30+ games while active/passive claims lock future role hints into one of these two categories. On the other hand the "had role before" actually helped get someone in a game lately due to Evil's lists so I guess I was a bit too harsh dismissing it right away.
It does only if you keep that info in an excel sheet, for me hints like had this role before are impolite to say the least, if you want to do that, add a list of roles you had before so that the information is complete.

At this point people like DD are just talking to 2-3 people in this game.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Just posting here an updated votecount 'cause I'm particularly not suspicious of Asako or Vandred, in case others feel the same or different:


Asako >>> x2 ( Holt [ #88 ] , Sam [ #120] )

Vandred >>> x2 ( Demonspeed [ #58 ], Bia [ #84 ] )

MarmaladeSky >>> x1 ( Digitaldude [#3] )

Copy Panda >>> x1 ( Erinyes [#34] )

SirSamuel016 >>> x1 ( Asako [ #54 ] )

Demonspeed >>> x1 ( GrySun [ #67 ] )

Digitaldude >>> x1 ( Juvs [ #94 ] )

LadyPom >>> x1 ( Shad [ #97 ] )

Juvs >>> x1 ( [YO JAJAJA #125] )


Kinda dislike lazy voting as well. Better be wrong but onto something.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I wasn't saying that my hint means much. It's D1 after all and everybody should make hints to limit mafia in the roles they could possibly claim later on. I was just thinking that "had the role before" limits future options for mafia to lie about less if the person has 30+ games while active/passive claims lock future role hints into one of these two categories. On the other hand the "had role before" actually helped get someone in a game lately due to Evil's lists so I guess I was a bit too harsh dismissing it right away.
My point was that active/passive doesn't limit one too much either. Last two games I played, you hinted passive and revealed Det, DD hinted active and revealed Bulletproof. Coincidentally, I was mafia and hinted "had it before", then claimed something I never had and only the Traitor happened to notice :lambirb
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Tch, =3=
Too bad I'm lazy most of the time
Tho for this game I'm not too worried as i have a lazy hint ready that give more info :XD
Not now tho is my point....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Still I'm surprised juviii hinted this game considering she usually doesn't hint D1.... Ever
My heart was broken. I was ready to cosplay my witch avy with a witch role and not only I didn't get it (or anything that I would like), now I was also spanked by the sudden reveal that witch was gone forever.
... It's a cruel world we live in :feelsbadman
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Just posting here an updated votecount 'cause I'm particularly not suspicious of Asako or Vandred, in case others feel the same or different:


Asako >>> x2 ( Holt [ #88 ] , Sam [ #120] )

Vandred >>> x2 ( Demonspeed [ #58 ], Bia [ #84 ] )

MarmaladeSky >>> x1 ( Digitaldude [#3] )

Copy Panda >>> x1 ( Erinyes [#34] )

SirSamuel016 >>> x1 ( Asako [ #54 ] )

Demonspeed >>> x1 ( GrySun [ #67 ] )

Digitaldude >>> x1 ( Juvs [ #94 ] )

LadyPom >>> x1 ( Shad [ #97 ] )

Juvs >>> x1 ( [YO JAJAJA #125] )


Kinda dislike lazy voting as well. Better be wrong but onto something.
Funny how the three top voted people are the ones I'd be least inclined to lynch at the moment :cookiestare
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,896
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Because I don't want to vote last minute.

Votekill Gry
I'm salty about last game :hmph Give me a reason to trust you again.

In all seriousness, I'll change that if things change in the remaining time of this dayphase. I don't like voting for someone (and potentionally killing them) for no reason.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,606
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
My heart was broken. I was ready to cosplay my witch avy with a witch role and not only I didn't get it (or anything that I would like), now I was also spanked by the sudden reveal that witch was gone forever.
... It's a cruel world we live in :feelsbadman
What are the odds to get Witch, even if it was still ingame? 1/60something?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,679
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Would you elaborate on those?
Asako is someone I can't make heads or tails of, but to me something feels off.

DigitalDude is probably the one I feel like switching my vote to the most, the way he's played so far and talked to specific people while just posting one-liners and then lurking seems sus to me. It is also a bit like DD to do that but I don't trust him currently.

GrySun I also feel off about, seems a bit keen to control the flow of the game and direct attention like he's calling the shots; Panda and DD seem to follow somewhat :hmm

Erin feels like she's deliberately laying low and not saying much apart from the hint list to keep up a townie facade.

@SirSamuel016 if you're gonna like the post showing you're still following, can you please answer to what I asked before: why you suspect those people as well? :bored
Sorry I took long typing this, I'm everywhere after falling over in the bathroom and hurting my knee again :(
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
What are the odds to get Witch, even if it was still ingame? 1/60something?
Bruh, it was a joke. But I actually thought it would be cool if I'd get it. :XD
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,896
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
So do you want to give us a hint besides being not a witch? :D (it was cute I'll give you that haha).
(If you already did, I missed it I think)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top