cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well they're not wrong! Overhaul and Stain are really cool. Can't wait to see them again in the story!
I'm curious about them, if they will still be "evil". Stain might start killing villains since technically all the heroes left right now would/should be worthy. Overhaul is a hard one to figured out without more information. He might have had a change of heart being locked up and effectively powerless.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I gotta wonder what stain will do going forward. Realistically speaking his main beef with society was the semantics of the word hero. As in, he perceived a lot of the people in the hero profession not being real heroes. However one of the consequences of the recent villain wars is that a lot of heroes have resigned from their job. Basically the herd was thinned... with presumably the "fake" heroes being the ones to quit while the ones that remain are the ones with real resolve. meaning that there isn't much for him to do against current heroes in general. Now, these are the possibilities I see stain-wise:

1.- He will go the way many other BNHA villains have gone and become an evil cackling maniac that just murders for shits and giggles. Which will result in him targeting the remaining heroes who are just out there straight up helping desperate people.

2.- He will find that he doesn't have much to do nowadays and just.. stop. Existencial crisis maybe? In this scenario he perhaps becomes a sort of anti hero and targets the cackling maniacs that escaped from tartarus. Of course, this is stain we are talking about so he would be out to straight up murder villains in spite of the fact that his quirk, if successfully used at all, negates the necessity to kill anyone.

3.- He will target the heroes who resigned. This is pretty similar to the first scenario. As in, "fake" heroes resigning is not good enough, they have to DIE.
 

avietar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
I'm curious about them, if they will still be "evil". Stain might start killing villains since technically all the heroes left right now would/should be worthy. Overhaul is a hard one to figured out without more information. He might have had a change of heart being locked up and effectively powerless.
I gotta wonder what stain will do going forward. Realistically speaking his main beef with society was the semantics of the word hero. As in, he perceived a lot of the people in the hero profession not being real heroes. However one of the consequences of the recent villain wars is that a lot of heroes have resigned from their job. Basically the herd was thinned... with presumably the "fake" heroes being the ones to quit while the ones that remain are the ones with real resolve. meaning that there isn't much for him to do against current heroes in general. Now, these are the possibilities I see stain-wise:

1.- He will go the way many other BNHA villains have gone and become an evil cackling maniac that just murders for shits and giggles. Which will result in him targeting the remaining heroes who are just out there straight up helping desperate people.

2.- He will find that he doesn't have much to do nowadays and just.. stop. Existencial crisis maybe? In this scenario he perhaps becomes a sort of anti hero and targets the cackling maniacs that escaped from tartarus. Of course, this is stain we are talking about so he would be out to straight up murder villains in spite of the fact that his quirk, if successfully used at all, negates the necessity to kill anyone.

3.- He will target the heroes who resigned. This is pretty similar to the first scenario. As in, "fake" heroes resigning is not good enough, they have to DIE.
I think Stain is going to be an anti-hero. To be perfectly honest, his assessment of hero society wasn't wrong. The way he acted on his beliefs was wrong, but the word hero having lost its meaning? Yeah, correct. But in a way, his actions were the catalyst of the change society has gone through. Because of Stain, people like Dabi, Toga, and Spinner were inspired to join the League. That put everything into motion.

So now all the fakes are weeded out, and all the heroes that are left standing are heroes in every sense of the word: they don't care about money or fame, and they won't back down in the face of great adversary. They are the real deal. This is what Stain wanted, so it makes no sense to go after the remaining heroes.

However, we must take into consideration that Stain revels in killing and violence, so he might have used his creed as an excuse to do how he pleased.

But I don't think that's the way his character will unfold. He's a stone cold killer, but I think he really does believe in his creed. Also, having him become an anti-hero would be a great way to show nuance to his character. It would also allow Izuku and him to work together in future battles. How amazing would it be if Stain would team up with Izuku and having HIM (of all people!) be the one to pull Izuku out of his darkness?

Overhaul... I have a feeling he's going to be important for several reasons. First of all, his quirk won't go to waste. Second, Overhaul is someone who knows how to make quirk destroying bullets, and that is very valuable information for both the heroes and the villains alike. Third, I think Overhaul's belief that quirks are a curse, not a blessing, is going to be very important and find traction. All in all, I think Overhaul's character is going to tie in to the series' end-- whether it's by destroying quirks like AFO / OFA, or by ridding the world of quirks in general.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think Stain is going to be an anti-hero. To be perfectly honest, his assessment of hero society wasn't wrong. The way he acted on his beliefs was wrong, but the word hero having lost its meaning? Yeah, correct. But in a way, his actions were the catalyst of the change society has gone through. Because of Stain, people like Dabi, Toga, and Spinner were inspired to join the League. That put everything into motion.

So now all the fakes are weeded out, and all the heroes that are left standing are heroes in every sense of the word: they don't care about money or fame, and they won't back down in the face of great adversary. They are the real deal. This is what Stain wanted, so it makes no sense to go after the remaining heroes.

However, we must take into consideration that Stain revels in killing and violence, so he might have used his creed as an excuse to do how he pleased.

But I don't think that's the way his character will unfold. He's a stone cold killer, but I think he really does believe in his creed. Also, having him become an anti-hero would be a great way to show nuance to his character. It would also allow Izuku and him to work together in future battles. How amazing would it be if Stain would team up with Izuku and having HIM (of all people!) be the one to pull Izuku out of his darkness?

Overhaul... I have a feeling he's going to be important for several reasons. First of all, his quirk won't go to waste. Second, Overhaul is someone who knows how to make quirk destroying bullets, and that is very valuable information for both the heroes and the villains alike. Third, I think Overhaul's belief that quirks are a curse, not a blessing, is going to be very important and find traction. All in all, I think Overhaul's character is going to tie in to the series' end-- whether it's by destroying quirks like AFO / OFA, or by ridding the world of quirks in general.
That is, IF izuku is in some darkness. He has gone rogue to some extent and is probably doing vigililante work (which I maintain should be a form of villainy that should carry actual jail time as punishment) but it's too soon to say if he has fallen into something like that. His character could still be essentially the same, except it now resides outside of polite society (assuming he has no adult backing). I don't think stain as an active anti hero is THAT interesting but it is the most logical scenario. It'd make more sense if deku is the one that cleanses stain of his darkness tbh. Not that I would be too invested in the serie's whiniest semantics nazi realizing that butchering people who are doing their day jobs is wrong. I'd be happier if deku confronts stain and actually beats him. Stain is a comparatively weak enemy but he is without a doubt absurdly skilled... Defeating him would require a fair bit of finese on deku's part.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
I gotta wonder what stain will do going forward. Realistically speaking his main beef with society was the semantics of the word hero. As in, he perceived a lot of the people in the hero profession not being real heroes. However one of the consequences of the recent villain wars is that a lot of heroes have resigned from their job. Basically the herd was thinned... with presumably the "fake" heroes being the ones to quit while the ones that remain are the ones with real resolve. meaning that there isn't much for him to do against current heroes in general. Now, these are the possibilities I see stain-wise:

1.- He will go the way many other BNHA villains have gone and become an evil cackling maniac that just murders for shits and giggles. Which will result in him targeting the remaining heroes who are just out there straight up helping desperate people.

2.- He will find that he doesn't have much to do nowadays and just.. stop. Existencial crisis maybe? In this scenario he perhaps becomes a sort of anti hero and targets the cackling maniacs that escaped from tartarus. Of course, this is stain we are talking about so he would be out to straight up murder villains in spite of the fact that his quirk, if successfully used at all, negates the necessity to kill anyone.

3.- He will target the heroes who resigned. This is pretty similar to the first scenario. As in, "fake" heroes resigning is not good enough, they have to DIE.
I wonder though, whether Stain will actually consider the remaining heroes "heroes". Stain's problems with heroes had a lot to do with their character, and how they acted(particularly in their final moments). I think he may attack more villains, but I could still see him target heroes whom he sees as unworthy if they don't comply with his moral code of what a hero should be.
 

cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder though, whether Stain will actually consider the remaining heroes "heroes". Stain's problems with heroes had a lot to do with their character, and how they acted(particularly in their final moments). I think he may attack more villains, but I could still see him target heroes whom he sees as unworthy if they don't comply with his moral code of what a hero should be.
I wonder how Stain scales in 1 vs 1 fights in the current MHA landscape. I mean he was able to defeat 40 + pro heroes and kill 17 of them. I wonder how he'd fair against Ida now since he's so much faster.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
I wonder how Stain scales in 1 vs 1 fights in the current MHA landscape. I mean he was able to defeat 40 + pro heroes and kill 17 of them. I wonder how he'd fair against Ida now since he's so much faster.
Even they admit they got lucky against Stain last time, and were able to beat him because he wasn't really trying to kill two out of three of them. I think that Stain would still be really strong in a one on one situation.

I think it could go either way, even if Iida has become a lot faster than even Gran Torino.

Even though Deku at 5%, and Shoto and Iida were able to relatively keep up with Stain back then, it was heavily emphasized that Stain was either being a dumbass or holding back, so I'd imagine he'd still be really strong in a fight where he intended to kill.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I wonder though, whether Stain will actually consider the remaining heroes "heroes". Stain's problems with heroes had a lot to do with their character, and how they acted(particularly in their final moments). I think he may attack more villains, but I could still see him target heroes whom he sees as unworthy if they don't comply with his moral code of what a hero should be.
It's likely that there will be some whom he doesn't see as worthy though even then it's a reasonably safe assumption that the herd has been culled. Even the chapter that announced the retirements had some comments about those who remained implying they were truly heroic and whatnot. Even if he objects to heroes as an institution, the majority of the remaining ones should be able to pass stain's remarkably effective smell test.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wonder how Stain scales in 1 vs 1 fights in the current MHA landscape. I mean he was able to defeat 40 + pro heroes and kill 17 of them. I wonder how he'd fair against Ida now since he's so much faster.
Personally I think that stain will be effective against anything below an allmight level threat that doesn't hard counter him. Say, I don't think he can do shit against endeavor in a straight fight. Otherwise he is probably up there with top ranks. His quirk is actually weak but stain ultimately is an absurdly skilled combatant who has the tools to make his quirk worth something.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
It's likely that there will be some whom he doesn't see as worthy though even then it's a reasonably safe assumption that the herd has been culled. Even the chapter that announced the retirements had some comments about those who remained implying they were truly heroic and whatnot. Even if he objects to heroes as an institution, the majority of the remaining ones should be able to pass stain's remarkably effective smell test.
This is true, but I think Stain's test is more stringent than you think. Like, even acting heroically wasn't enough to be called a hero in his eyes. The only hero he actually considered legit was literally just all might. He considered everyone else to be fakers.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
This is true, but I think Stain's test is more stringent than you think. Like, even acting heroically wasn't enough to be called a hero in his eyes. The only hero he actually considered legit was literally just all might. He considered everyone else to be fakers.
There isn't really a test. So far how this has worked is that he sort of looks at the people he is fighting and he "knows" the real heroes from the fakes with extraordinary accuracy. Which is more or less what happened with deku and todoroki iirc. Iida wasn't deemed worthy at the time.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
There isn't really a test. So far how this has worked is that he sort of looks at the people he is fighting and he "knows" the real heroes from the fakes with extraordinary accuracy. Which is more or less what happened with deku and todoroki iirc. Iida wasn't deemed worthy at the time.
Yeah, that's true, but I wonder if that's the case for others. I wonder what his attitude towards Endeavour will be for example. Like, I think it would be interesting to see how he responds to seeing Endeavour pretty much accept all blame and responsibility.

But its also worth considering Endeavour's dark past.

I could easily see it going either way.
 

avietar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
2,066
Age
34
Country
Netherlands
An encounter I am also holding out for is Stain meeting Toga and Dabi. Especially Dabi. It would be hilarious if Stain deemed Dabi unworthy.
Though I don't think it would bother Dabi that much, because he isn't really a fanboy. He has his own goals and ambitions that were added onto Stain's ideology. He says he 'will make Stain's will a reality' but actually he does his own thing.
 

cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
An encounter I am also holding out for is Stain meeting Toga and Dabi. Especially Dabi. It would be hilarious if Stain deemed Dabi unworthy.
Though I don't think it would bother Dabi that much, because he isn't really a fanboy. He has his own goals and ambitions that were added onto Stain's ideology. He says he 'will make Stain's will a reality' but actually he does his own thing.
Dabi is an extremist of Stain's ideology. Stain believes that true heroes exist, albeit rare while Dabi doesn't. As well as Dabi is willing to go much further to accomplish his goals. I would be surprised if they got along.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, that's true, but I wonder if that's the case for others. I wonder what his attitude towards Endeavour will be for example. Like, I think it would be interesting to see how he responds to seeing Endeavour pretty much accept all blame and responsibility.

But its also worth considering Endeavour's dark past.

I could easily see it going either way.
I wouldn't expect endeavor to pass stain's smell test. Perhaps even now. As competent as endeavor is, he has never been in it to simply help people. He has been in it for the glory. Endeavor sort of grew into the job as he became number 1 but even then he has been haunted by his past. In the end part of the issue here is that to stain being a hero is more than a day job.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dabi is an extremist of Stain's ideology. Stain believes that true heroes exist, albeit rare while Dabi doesn't. As well as Dabi is willing to go much further to accomplish his goals. I would be surprised if they got along.
Add to that, dabi murders people with far less discretion than stain. Anyone is essentially a target as dabi killing more people ultimately hurts endeavor. Stain's entire thing to me remains entirely silly (he is just a crybaby semantics nazi) but he did save deku's life back in the day. Such a thing would be beyond dabi. I agree in that they shouldn't look eye to eye, at least after stain realizes what dabi is about.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
Stain's entire thing to me remains entirely silly (he is just a crybaby semantics nazi) but he did save deku's life back in the day.
Stain is wrong, but I think a big part of his character is that he doesn't kill willy nilly. He has to have conviction and reasons for killing someone.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Stain is wrong, but I think a big part of his character is that he doesn't kill willy nilly. He has to have conviction and reasons for killing someone.
I mean, sure? Though I will make a point: Stain as he has been presented so far is still pretty fucking evil. Setting aside that his ideology is just plain stupid (objecting to hero being a job) his targets aren't criminals or evil doers of any kind. He targets heroes... Basically ordinary people doing their day jobs. Stain at best sick and at worst a monster. Stain being better than dabi on a technicality doesn't really matter. Whatever point stain could possibly have is essentially lost in the mountain of corpses he has left in his onslaught.
 

JazzMazz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
2,542
Country
Australia
I mean, sure? Though I will make a point: Stain as he has been presented so far is still pretty fucking evil. Setting aside that his ideology is just plain stupid (objecting to hero being a job) his targets aren't criminals or evil doers of any kind. He targets heroes... Basically ordinary people doing their day jobs. Stain at best sick and at worst a monster. Stain being better than dabi on a technicality doesn't really matter. Whatever point stain could possibly have is essentially lost in the mountain of corpses he has left in his onslaught.
True, he does target heroes, but its not like his adverse to killing villains, who also totally disgust him.

Stain is insane, but he kills with a motive and after making a judgement call about whether someone should die or not.
 
Top