Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 210 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that has to do more with his magic's type: the Hero type as was explained earlier. Also, if what you said about the necessity of "those specific things in that moment" is true, then why didn't Percy teleport himself & Donny when Pellegarde was about to crash them? Teleportation was a necessity in that moment, and it was what Sin did afterall.
Possible, though that seem more like a guess at that point. And if Percival's power relies upon others having faith in him, then it wouldn't have worked then because Donny was specifically doubting that Percival could do anything against Pellegarde.

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Possible, though that seem more like a guess at that point. And if Percival's power relies upon others having faith in him, then it wouldn't have worked then because Donny was specifically doubting that Percival could do anything against Pellegarde.
Yes, they rely upon others' hope for now in other to "power-up". He will probably learn to do it by himself later on while believing in himself or having hope himself.

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think the power-up feature of Percy's magic is kinda similar to Sunshine. Their sets of abilities remain the same but their power-level rises depending on "Hope" & "Sun" respectively. Percival doesn't get brand new "abilities" for any situation just because people believe in him. Proof? alright, when Ironside destroyed the ground under Percy & his friends, his magic didn't give him the ability to fly per se, instead he managed to manipulate his golems and made them have wings. That green energy/matter is apparently the physical manifestation of his magic, whereas as "Hope" acts as the essence or conceptual manifestation in that regard.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
But isn't the name of his magic literally "Hope" tho?

No, I don't think that he will lose it obviously as each power-up via "Hope", he conserves that power-up at will like how we saw after his fight with Talisker, he manifested that giant hand again at will against Ironside on his own.

I think the "Hope" concept is just for the power-up mechanism which is better than Nakama power IMO.

His power reminds me of a character in Bleach called Mask the Masculine, but we are at the very beginning of the sequel, there is obviously more to his magic that we don't know yet which Nakaba will progressively explore. In each arc, there is a new surprise or twist to Percival's magic.

Merlin will probably like Percival as she loves unusual and rare specimens.

Now, with this new power-up, he and his golems can fly, his magical cap can make wings and extend itself, only the Helmet's ability remains.
I think you are reading too much into this/taking this too litterally. He gave it a name himself in the spur of the moment and he was motivated by them indeed, the Golems represent Percival gradually regaining his vitality and eventually getting stronger. It doesn't mean that his Magic works via hope and it's still power of trust/friendship, because their words motivated him. In the end, hope or whatever is an emotion.

Percival himself discovered his Magic recently, he has control issues. It's his 5th serious battle or something. It's a typical moment where the MC uses fancy words in the face of adversity.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I think you are reading too much into this. He gave it a name himself in the spur of the moment and he was motivated by them indeed, the Golems represent Percival gradually regaining his vitality and eventually getting stronger. It doesn't mean that his Magic works via hope and it's still power of trust/friendship, because their words motivated him. In the end, hope or whatever is an emotion.

Percival himself discovered his Magic recently, he has control issues. It's his 5th serious battle or something. It's a typical moment where the MC uses fancy words in the face of adversity.
You could be right yeah, we will see in the next chapter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think the power-up feature of Percy's magic is kinda similar to Sunshine. Their sets of abilities remain the same but their power-level rises depending on "Hope" & "Sun" respectively. Percival doesn't get brand new "abilities" for any situation just because people believe in him. Proof? alright, when Ironside destroyed the ground under Percy & his friends, his magic didn't give him the ability to fly per se, instead he managed to manipulate his golems and made them have wings. That green energy/matter is apparently the physical manifestation of his magic, whereas as "Hope" acts as the essence or conceptual manifestation in that regard.
It is too soon to say that for now IMO.

But regarding this chapter, his magic literally revived from the dead, he wasn't breathing nor having any heartbeat because Ironside pierced his heart, even the latter confirmed this time that he was dead.

That is beyond what he showed earlier which was just healing and regeneration.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Man leave Sunshine alone please, let that shit rest in peace knowing and seeing it for over 200 chapters I don't think even if it features in the sequel it won't have as much hype since we all know what it is and how it works

Regarding percival's magic I'll wait for future chapters to come for the final conclusion

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
But regarding this chapter, his magic literally revived from the dead, he wasn't breathing nor having any heartbeat because Ironside pierced his heart, even the latter confirmed this time that he was dead.
It's too soon to confirm that. Percy said: "In the darkness, I heard you all calling me". I guess he was near death, that's why he was still able to hear his friends and because in NNT universe, dead souls go to the Capital of the Dead which is a "bright" and "shiny" place, not a "Dark" one.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
It's too soon to confirm that. Percy said: "In the darkness, I heard you all calling me". I guess he was near death, that's why he was still able to hear his friends and because in NNT universe, dead souls go to the Capital of the Dead which is a "bright" and "shiny" place, not a "Dark" one.
Probably Percival was Somewhat still conscious at some level

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
It's probably the potion that was able to bring back 1 golem and with everyone believing in Perc his magic started to increase.
Without the revival potion Perc would have died.

HereNThere

Movin' on up like George and Weezy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry to say, but the chapter was clearly framing it as hope-fueled resurrection.

Ironside called his death and then later confirmed that he was definitely sure he was gone. He failed to kill him the first time, so we can trust he made sure he properly did the deed this time.

Nasiens and Anna clearly believed he had died. Nasiens used the potion, but being the Doogie Howser that he is, in his heart of hearts, he knew Percy was gone. Which is why, after Anna did the mouth-to-mouth transfer and noted the lack of swallowing, Nasiens finally called Percy's death.

This brings us to Ol' Donny. The only one still ignorant of what was going on. The chapter juxtaposed Donny's belief in Percy with the manifestation of the Golem in a single page. There was no struggle to manifest with the other two, there was no hint of this with them. It was all on Donny. And even after, the series once again reiterates using both Nasiens or Anna and Ironside as mouthpieces to say that, yeah, the kid was dead.

And then that single spark of hope was all that was needed for Nasiens and Anna to regain the hope they initially lost, literally using their bodies to protect that small inkling. And now it's here, and only here, where I'll say the potion came into play and not anytime before. When Donny finally arrived at the scene, there is a slight twitch coming from Percival, indicating that he's now capable of movement. If the potion was indeed still in his mouth, that's the time for him to swallow and increase his vitality to awaken him before he was fully healed by his own Golems.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Kinda wish that Nassiens(?) was the one to do the mouth-to-mouth, and not the girl.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry to say, but the chapter was clearly framing it as hope-fueled resurrection.

Ironside called his death and then later confirmed that he was definitely sure he was gone. He failed to kill him the first time, so we can trust he made sure he properly did the deed this time.

Nasiens and Anna clearly believed he had died. Nasiens used the potion, but being the Doogie Howser that he is, in his heart of hearts, he knew Percy was gone. Which is why, after Anna did the mouth-to-mouth transfer and noted the lack of swallowing, Nasiens finally called Percy's death.

This brings us to Ol' Donny. The only one still ignorant of what was going on. The chapter juxtaposed Donny's belief in Percy with the manifestation of the Golem in a single page. There was no struggle to manifest with the other two, there was no hint of this with them. It was all on Donny. And even after, the series once again reiterates using both Nasiens or Anna and Ironside as mouthpieces to say that, yeah, the kid was dead.

And then that single spark of hope was all that was needed for Nasiens and Anna to regain the hope they initially lost, literally using their bodies to protect that small inkling. And now it's here, and only here, where I'll say the potion came into play and not anytime before. When Donny finally arrived at the scene, there is a slight twitch coming from Percival, indicating that he's now capable of movement. If the potion was indeed still in his mouth, that's the time for him to swallow and increase his vitality to awaken him before he was fully healed by his own Golems.
I think Percival was probably dead on the outside but he was still somewhat conscious in his innermost soul/world

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
He was literally breathless and his heart stopped beating, both Nascien and Ironside confirmed that he was dead buddy.

Ironside explicitly stated last time that he should have checked his pulse before leaving, this time he did it, he didn't make the same mistake twice.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
The second volume just came out. Here's the Imgur link to the extras.

TL:
Pic 2:
I can't... shove all of my hair
in the... helmet!!

Pic 4:
Title: "Four Knights of the Apocalypse" character design I
Before Percival was born.
Bubble: Oooh.
Box: Regarding Percival's design, he was more troublesome to draw than Meliodas the main character of my previous work "Seven Deadly Sins." I've decided that he is 16 years old, however he came out either as a very normal(?) 16-year-old boy or as a mob character...
After having the idea of having him wear the helmet(!), I found it fairly quickly to remember as it's close to its current appearance. Regarding the rejected storyboard ideas, they gave me more troubles as I kept straying off like having Pelliot (Katts's friend) be the Holy Knight in chapter 1 or Ironside be defeated in chapter 1. (laughs)

Pic 5:
Title: High!! High!! Percival (3)
Ababah... abah abaaaaaah?
Daaaaah dehdehdeh!!:

Mah!
That's right. This is an arrow for the bow. We use them to hunt for food.

Abaaaah baaaah.
I see, I see, you'd rather have some rock bird for dinner?

Mh.
Mh.

SFX: Shake shake shake shake

...you pooped on me?
I guess I've still got a long ways to go too.

End.

The third volume will be released on September 17th.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
All the Proto-Percivals look way too smug but I like the one in the middle.

HereNThere

Movin' on up like George and Weezy
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
All the Proto-Percivals look way too smug but I like the one in the middle.
Lol, that's the smuggest looking one of all. I like the middle one and the one on the right.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really like the bottom left design.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Lol, that's the smuggest looking one of all. I like the middle one and the one on the right.
It's not that I dislike smug looks but I think that they don't fit his character.

Bottom left, right and top right look too much like DQ characters IMO.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
All these Percival prototype designs for some reason remind me of Link from Ocarina of Time.