Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,661
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,661
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
For the record your position wasn't defendable and that was a big mistake that I failed to properly capitalize on. But nvm.
Nah, I stand behind it. Banshee is too conditional to be called a good role. It pretty much low tier in beginning of the game that maybe gets bit better as game progresses, but does not guarantee to be useful at all. You're still wrong, but nvm.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
็ฅžใฎใ”ใจใ— / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Finished most of what I need to do. Going to catch up now.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
What question
I'm wondering why you think DD's random vote is weird.

From my perspective, DD has shown that he will do that every game, what made you use DD as an example of suspicious activity?
The reason that it is because he voted randomly doesn't make sense because it is DD (and it is not even locked, DD last game switched his vote at the end of D1 as town), so they must be something else making you say these things, my guess is throwing shade, only reason I'm not certain is because last time you described your play style early game and it could also explain it, but I will keep that to my self.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I didn't want to say it because I don't want you to kill me, but I can't lie to you after being so sweet, I'm a Gemini :story

~
Please town don't let this S tier players ignored if they survive the next 3 nights.
I listed them in Tier of priority night kills in my opinion for mafia.

S tier: Hardy, Evil3Eye, Gry
A tier: Juvii, Erinyes, Asako..

Few games ago SonOfDaws won as mafia because the remaining players didn't ask the simple question: How the fuck is he still alive by D6?
Also that idea that mafia would let an S tier play for 6 days because they are trying to set him up... that just dumb get them.
This is awful metagaming I'm not even sure if I should address it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm wondering why you think DD's random vote is weird.

From my perspective, DD has shown that he will do that every game, what made you use DD as an example of suspicious activity?
The reason that it is because he voted randomly doesn't make sense because it is DD (and it is not even locked, DD last game switched his vote at the end of D1 as town), so they must be something else making you say these things, my guess is throwing shade, only reason I'm not certain is because last time you described your play style early game and it could also explain it, but I will keep that to my self.
Was hoping to send a message to randommers. It didn't work.
 

MArGi

MH Senpai
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
3,125
Country
France
Probably 5, could be 6 or 7 but I removed them from my memory xD
Why do you think Mafia sees you more as a Lynch target rather than a Nightkill target?
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,634
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
If there are 3 votes, each pick has a 1 in 3 chance of happening. This applies to signs, as well as eventual voting over sign effects
So more like a 66%-33% odds then in my example, alright makes sense.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
From my perspective, DD has shown that he will do that every game, what made you use DD as an example of suspicious activity?
The reason that it is because he voted randomly doesn't make sense because it is DD (and it is not even locked, DD last game switched his vote at the end of D1 as town), so they must be something else making you say these things, my guess is throwing shade, only reason I'm not certain is because last time you described your play style early game and it could also explain it, but I will keep that to my self.
Why are you defending DD? He thought Farfalla had suspiciously little posts.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
@Evil3ye what was the reason behind your vote?

I know marma's a placeholder, dd's random and I know Gry is sus of Juviii.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,718
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
well i'd say we have a fuck tone not a fair few :))) so you're still wrong. all who claimed except 1, claimed active.
Tad weird you think a typical Australian phrase I used is dead wrong when I wasn't counting how many active claims there were among what I'd read, and after Equaling randomly decided to say I was lying too. You in kahoots with him?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
That doesnt mean anything.
digi, why you so quiet and reserved, when you're ususally so loud and AAAHHH :heh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Evil3ye you never asked me anything about my role or did i missed the post ?
in any case


I will later.
It wasn't me, I asked demon. I noticed that when you posted your list someone (mary?) asked, if you yourself gave a hint, which wasn't addressed further by you.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Why do you think Mafia sees you more as a Lynch target rather than a Nightkill target?
Because i'm not good, but it did happen once that I got Night killed but it was because I was extremely confirmed and mafia couldn't get more important targets because they had an immortal juice.

So if Mafia actually kills me N1, I think I will be happy with my performance this game xD
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Tad weird you think a typical Australian phrase I used is dead wrong when I wasn't counting how many active claims there were among what I'd read, and after Equaling randomly decided to say I was lying too. You in kahoots with him?
rly, not even with all those posts with lists of role hints me, evil and erin keep posting???? Tad weird of you Sam

yes, we're lovers didn't you read? And Shad's our threesome already added and the triangle of love completed โ™ฅ
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Here is the recap so far, please let me know if any hint/info is missing, i will fix that for next update !


Hints and claims

I. MarmaladeSky as Shiryu -> she already had the role before, and is not mad about it ( #55 )
II. Scary Noona as Camus -> It's an active role she already had the role before (#63 )
III. Hardy as Dohko
IV. Desin24 as Shion -> got an active role (#66)
V. James Rye as Aldebaran -> his role fits his Avatar pretty well /said it's a night role and " his role is cool, befitting of a manly man such as himself". (#15 / #44)
VI. Asako as Shaka
VII. EvilEye as Mu -> he has a night role he never got before (#20)
VIII. Equaling Heaven as Aiolia
IX. Brandish as Sisyphus
X. SirSamuel016 as Defteros
XI. Juviii as Deathmask
II. Demonspeed as Saga
XIII. Margi as Hasgard
XIV. Avietar as Manigoldo -> active night role ( #41)
XV. Maryxxi as Shura - has a night role she s not sure but seemingly active ? ( #153)
XVI. Shad as Asmita -> he has an active role. in context mac vs pc he is pc ( Scavenger hint) (#64 )
XVII. DigitalDude as ElCid -> has an active role (#145)
XVIII. Tatsumaki as Aphrodite
XIX. Gajeel as Milo -> has a passive role ( #93)
XX. GrySun as Aiolos -> has an active role ( #140)
XXI. Erinyes as Kardia ->




Day actions
D1

D2

D3

Night Actions
N1

N2

N3
Yeah when i refresh some posts dont appear, and i see them when i refresh again, it might be due to my connexion, or maybe mozilla is messing with me. maybe i should try F5 instead of Mozilla board for refreshing.
You didnt hint any roles erinyes hmmm
Sorry, it was brought up by digital dude at least once (can't look further now)
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
digi, why you so quiet and reserved, when you're ususally so loud and AAAHHH :heh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



It wasn't me, I asked demon. I noticed that when you posted your list someone (mary?) asked, if you yourself gave a hint, which wasn't addressed further by you.
This is every game now. I need to start collecting these posts.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
This is every game now. I need to start collecting these posts.
I know, hence I added the trolly emoji. But I did note you're less inquisitive nontheless, which also very much so reflected on the post count.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Why are you defending DD? He thought Farfalla had suspiciously little posts.
Not defending him. (Who would defend DD day 1 xD)

That a different point you are making. (And funny ๐Ÿคฃ)

Hardy's point is exclusivity about DD throwing his vote.

Not defending DD, more like giving extra attention to some players that deserve it.

When gry accused juvii everybody started asking him questions. What different about what hardy did?

Hardy said it was because of the use of random chan when I asked him (if I understood what he said properly) but I don't think that a good enough explanation, since nobody else questioned DD's vote, it makes hardy look isolated in that.

Just something I'm thinking about, I'm looking forward to hearing more from hardy in the next few days.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Can

Hardy said it was because of the use of random chan when I asked him (if I understood what he said properly) but I don't think that a good enough explanation, since nobody else questioned DD's vote, it makes hardy look isolated in that.
I went over this last game at the end of day one. I do not understand how is it normal to just randomise your vote away, even more if it's selecting among those with no votes (as you did?).

You have only two votes, what does it even achieve? I think meme/joke/revenge votes at least have some logic and do leave a tiny bit of trace but this? It's actively anti town. And yet a good bunch of players do it regardless of faction leaving scum a very nice exit.

It's tiring to go behind people and telling them "no you are playing wrong" especially because I end up just being an asshole which is a fucking awful feeling so that's probably as far as I'll go on this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top