Games Mafia Game 96 - Civilization XCVI - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
@Shad I think two killing parties is certainly a possibility and I think that would mean each killing party killed someone on the continent they weren't on, but there's also a number of other possibilities that could result in a player's death and we're close to catching mafia powerhouse, janitor, on Laurasia. So, we should explore all angles, but focus votes in on elimating the janitor.

When it comes to who to vote up today, I think the change in killers may be indicative that we were getting close on D2 and that implicates both Brandish and Imperium.

When trying to pick between the two I think it's important to note anc compare the number of scenarios in which argument for guilt works: A weird and under-explained vote by a possible mafia, Imperium in this case, could make sense as being either to save possible mafia teammate, Brandish in this case, or just because both of the two top lynch contenders are townie and the mafia just threw a vote on one those townies make sure that ONE of them would die, however, it does NOT make sense for a mafia member to save someone who is a townie.

In other words, Brandish being killed doesn't necessarily do much to confirm or deny Imperium being guilty since a guilty party would have motivation to kill Sakura, a townie, regardless. However, Imperium turning up guilty HEAVILY implicates Brandish since Imperium saved him.

So, we can be more sure about Brandish after lynching Imperium than we can be about Imperium after lynching Brandish.


As for Marm, another notable suspect. She's hard to read, but I'm inclined to believe the vanilla townie claim as there were things that implied the possibility early on.

Lastly, I think it's a decent case that a mafia member would be less likely to go for a final role like badass cowboy, however, badass cowboy is NOT the last role in that branch of the civics tree: Vigilante is the last civic on that branch that ability is notably more effective in the hands of a mafia since they generally know their team at the start and don't have to guess as much with that EXTRA kill ability. Still, this worth noting, but James and Gajeel aren't notably suspicious atm.

Anyhow, I'll hold off on voting until later in the phase, but my vote will more than likely be going on Imperium.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Did you notice that Digital Dude voted for Brandish two days in a row?
He's probably just set on him. It's not a bizarre occurrence. If he's a real traitor, then he's going to witness his teammate get lynched in front of him and lose even more hope. A win for us.
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
He's probably just set on him. It's not a bizarre occurrence. If he's a real traitor, then he's going to witness his teammate get lynched in front of him and lose even more hope. A win for us.
Okay, good point. Yet when they voted right off the bat for SonofDaws, that was out of the blue for sure. I wonder why? Is he a good player or something? They don't really show up much here.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Could be a fluke, may be that they are. You've got a reason to be sus of them, is there any way they could be innocent though? I get this weird feeling someone is being sneaky and setting things up.
Brandish / Marm / James / Impreium
One of these 4 is a janitor, so that 25% guilty each.
Then increase and decrease the % based on their contributions both good and bad.
Then hope for the best and chop their head, and then get depressed for 2 days after seeing the result.

The sneaky feeling is coming from the right continent, they just got 5 days of peace to mangle between us (gain trust).
But if we have masons, it may not be a good idea to shake things up too much so I don't mind not worrying about them since I will be long dead by the time we are done with this civil war.

But I'm very sleepy so I will answer your other questions tomorrow, I left a question for DD about his D2 vote were he just switched his vote from brandish without any warning, just because that what we are doing...
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Okay, good point. Yet when they voted right off the bat for SonofDaws, that was out of the blue for sure. I wonder why? Is he a good player or something? They don't really show up much here.
Actually digitaldude only voted for Brandish once no? Day 2, votekill.

I was the one who voted for SonOfDaws with digital the first day. I believe you're mixing up names, or perhaps I'm just confused.

Ask Daws himself if he's a good player 😁
 

Slaynoir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
276
Age
34
Country
United States
Actually digitaldude only voted for Brandish once no? Day 2, votekill.

I was the one who voted for SonOfDaws with digital the first day. I believe you're mixing up names, or perhaps I'm just confused.

Ask Daws himself if he's a good player 😁
idk I'm getting kind of fried lol But I'm eager to see what happens. I need to put together a list of sus. :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Are both townies for sure(?)

Gajeel
Shad

(seeing if I ain't naive detective!)

Top priority candidates (no order)

Marmalade
Brandish
Imp
Digital Dude
James

Who to look into innocence wise? Hmm...then there is the high chance I'll be offed tonight. So there's that to consider. Would any of the civic branches be of any use to me right now? There is the possibility of Shad protecting me but...I don't want to take any chances...I'm not interested in being DED so soon ya know? I was thinking of maybe maybe Hider? Is it possible I could get a double buff? Someone else may have to die though...oh man, this is getting intense for me.


Note to everyone:

Oh. Hey guys. You may want to consider this: what if Imp chose Vengeful townie? Someone is really gonna get ded if they did. I feel like Brandish might too after all this talk of lynching either one. So be careful. If either one of them gets lynched today, not only will I possibly die but so too will Shad AND another person on top of that. I'd be very wary now that I noticed this. Be prepared to lose many Townies if that's the case. Just putting it out there. I'm really concerned for everyone. Who knows who they'll target next.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Plus the person I hide behind may get killed, so that would total four townies I think? I also consider that. That's a heck of a lot of people to die over two people that may or may not be mafia. I hope whatever the choice is worth it. :eek
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
What have you been up to the last night/s? @Belserion
Attempting to infect Sam with my virus but I see it wasn't needed. I was practically convinced he was the janitor. Escort is the next best thing to be rid of.

Ngl this page catch triggered me a bit mostly because if some of you are actually townies the absolute waste of roles the past 2 nights is ridiculous. The irony of you saying this without adding yourself to the list as well....

Oh boy...probably not in the position to say this given my performance thus far but why does it feel like this Town is throwing the game on purpose?

Det coming out with 2 Innocent results, A Doc is dead, and apparently a Bodyguard just came out as well promising to protect the already doomed Detective...

For christs sake.
I'll admit to having a pretty bad day so my mood might not be the best to analyse the thread atm. I'll be around pretty much all day tomorrow though. I'm sorry if I sound snappish.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
However, some lying about health townie can get caught via a sickly action as Brandish looks to have been, a person can't fake getting NVD on the bottom path, and a person that gets the sickly role can only prove it by giving up their action, perhaps even their janitor kill, to act like they don't have an ability stronger than sickly.
I went for the Healthy Townie. I did it with about 30mins but Evil confirmed/accepted the request for study.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hmm nah.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lynch Imperium. Samuel saved him yesterday. Then Lynch Brandish. Imperium saved him the first day.
And lynch GB, he started saving me first. Oh wait...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't like how brandish disappeared from the thread with Imperium after that close call.
Ah, what?
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,904
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
I do agree with Daws by the way, while we know for sure the Janitor is in the group of people mentioned before - we really shouldn’t focus on just that.
There are more mafia out there, don’t think it’s a bad idea to look around and see all options.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
vote kill brandish
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I do agree with Daws by the way, while we know for sure the Janitor is in the group of people mentioned before - we really shouldn’t focus on just that.
There are more mafia out there, don’t think it’s a bad idea to look around and see all options.
Yeah you would agree....JANITOR?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I do agree with Daws by the way, while we know for sure the Janitor is in the group of people mentioned before - we really shouldn’t focus on just that.
There are more mafia out there, don’t think it’s a bad idea to look around and see all options.
Why aren't you tunneling? lol
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,904
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Meh, Asako didnt decide to drop dead on her own.
But whatever, you do you haha, just an observation :3
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Daws voted GB so it was GB with 1 vote ahead of Imp, I wasnt 100% sure when day phase was ending but in the other timer 30secs were left and I needed to use the bathroom at that time so I just put a vote on GB since I wasnt sure enough that imp was mafia to tie the votes. Why did you change from brandish to GB?
I don't get it, nobody forced you to go for brandish at the beginning of the day. You decided that on your own.

I spent all day considering people then switched to GB when he had 0 votes to put pressure on him.

I have 50 posts discussing every one in that continent before I switched my vote and let you all decide between the 3/4 top suspect.

You only switched because you saw GB took the lead.
Why not just stay on brandish? You didn't give a good reason, and seeing how you are asking me why I switched on GB, that means you didn't read the conversation about him, so even less reason to switch.

Just wierd that your vote can move without reason.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And good morning, I'm on sick leave so I will be here until end of the day 😷
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top