Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,834
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Pity something couldn't be worked out between Suns and Ayton. Never good to go into the season with a disgruntled player in your team; especially one whose seeing all his peers get paid this off-season.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gonna see how well he does without the pressure of being Klay 2.0. Interested to see how he links up with Lamelo especially.

Lamelo..... Damn you bob.
Not sure on his ceiling but aiming to be a second Klay is maybe a lot; we'll see.

LOL I mean, you know what to do if you want him right? :wowsoBOB
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Suns tank for years to get Ayton. Just to let him walk lol. Dude is so gone
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unless cap increase a lot next year and they room to give him the max
--- Double Post Merged, ---

They paid bridges and cp3 at the detriment of Ayton. Not sure if that was the smartest choice
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Not sure on his ceiling but aiming to be a second Klay is maybe a lot; we'll see.
Klay -2.0 :kappa
--- Double Post Merged, ---

LOL I mean, you know what to do if you want him right? :wowsoBOB
Imma laugh so hard when bels pick him and he give her negative score :lmao
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Pity something couldn't be worked out between Suns and Ayton. Never good to go into the season with a disgruntled player in your team; especially one whose seeing all his peers get paid this off-season.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Not sure on his ceiling but aiming to be a second Klay is maybe a lot; we'll see.

LOL I mean, you know what to do if you want him right? :wowsoBOB
Yeah, especially coming from anchoring the defense in a Finals run.

You're the number one pick and you see 4 other players getting paid as much as possible... And you don't, even after growing so much. Surely stings.

I still think that, as an individual player, he isn't worth it. But you HAVE to pay the guy given the circumstances.

Obviously he can't just walk and they'll match the max that (probably) OKC and SAS (among others) will throw at him, but it's just really poor treatment.

I reckon their biggest fear, as any big, is his health (missed a bunch of games because of his ankle) but damn.
Depends on me needing it to beat your ass or not.

Rookie extension deadline today btw. Ayton didn't get paid. Bridges at 90/4 is really sweet though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

JJJ got 105/4 LOL
--- Double Post Merged, ---

From Reddit.

Current Extensions:

Luka Doncic: Five years, $207,060,000

Trae Young: Five years, $172,500,000

SGA: Five years, $172,500,000

Michael Porter Jr.: Five years, $172,500,000

Mikal Bridges: Four years, $90,000,000

Wendell Carter Jr.: Four years, $50,000,000

Robert Williams: Four years, $48,000,000

With the addition of Jaren Jackson Jr. (Four years, $105,000,000) the rookie extension totals for the 2018 draft have reached $1.016 billion.

[Marc Stein]

It's Extension Deadline Day for the NBA's Class of 2018. Top contenders for new deals before 6PM ET horn:

1. Ayton (PHX)
2. Jackson Jr. (MEM)

3. Sexton (CLE)
4. Bridges (CHA)
5. DiVincenzo (MIL)
6. Walker (SAS)
7. Huerter (ATL)
8. Shamet (PHX)
Huerter 65/4, Shamet 43/4 (LOL WTF).

The rest (and Bagley) will be RFAs
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,034
Reaction score
6,634
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Champions: Los Angeles Lakers
MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
ROTY: Cade Cunningham
COTY: Frank Vogel
Most improved: Jarrett Jackson, Jr.
Sixth Man: Derrick Rose
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
They paid bridges and cp3 at the detriment of Ayton. Not sure if that was the smartest choice
I mean, they went overboard with CP3 (though... That was the only way to keep him) but the Bridges deal was really good imo. It's not one or the other.

Giving Shamet all that money for no reason tho lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Most improved: Jarrett Jackson, Jr.
This one intrigues me a bit. He's going to be paid 25+m a year so his talent is already really valued despite missing almost the entirety of last season... And yet you can argue he can easily be seen as most impeoved because he played so little games and minutes '-'

Unfair either way I think, lol
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,034
Reaction score
6,634
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
This one intrigues me a bit. He's going to be paid 25+m a year so his talent is already really valued despite missing almost the entirety of last season... And yet you can argue he can easily be seen as most impeoved because he played so little games and minutes '-'

Unfair either way I think, lol
He was priced on potential more than anything else, so, he can jump the statsheet and make some wave.
For me, most improved is always a weird one, because it's way too circumstantial.
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Whose y’all fav team?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Spurs but like any person with good taste I'm more of a "anyone but the Lakers" fan
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,834
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Btw ya'll gonna rotate the first week or take a wait and see stance to assess your roster?
I've got @Belserion week 1 so the gloves will be off; one of the best teams last year so I'll show her the respect she deserves by not playing around :kappa
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,293
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
They lowered Trae's salary because of his hairline :(
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Whose y’all fav team?
Heat. You know already
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've got @Belserion week 1 so the gloves will be off; one of the best teams last year so I'll show her the respect she deserves by not playing around :kappa
After all this grand talk. You better win lmao
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Coach of the year?
No one in particular, unfortunately.

Pity something couldn't be worked out between Suns and Ayton. Never good to go into the season with a disgruntled player in your team; especially one whose seeing all his peers get paid this off-season.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Not sure on his ceiling but aiming to be a second Klay is maybe a lot; we'll see.

LOL I mean, you know what to do if you want him right? :wowsoBOB
I definitely get from a team perspective on holding him out, but they do need to find some way around it that’s fair for everyone. I don’t think he’d just bail on the team though, at least not while CP3’s there. He likes playing with him, and arguably owes him a fair bit. I think he’s going to ride out his contract and see what happens.

Speaking of Klay 2.0..... Huerter got his payday. To outsiders, they might think he hasn’t warranted an extension, especially after that lofty billing for him. But I think the Hawks FO know something we don’t and I have a sneaking suspicion he just might have a breakout year. If I could nominate two players at once, I’d vote him and Poole for MIP.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

Beautiful work
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Suns tank for years to get Ayton. Just to let him walk lol. Dude is so gone
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 11:51 PM, Original Post Date: Yesterday at 11:51 PM ---
Unless cap increase a lot next year and they room to give him the max
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 11:52 PM ---
They paid bridges and cp3 at the detriment of Ayton. Not sure if that was the smartest choice
I think they're banking on no other team wanting to waste their offer sheet on him (I only a handful of teams will have the cap space) and maybe them offering him less than what they would do if he signed before his rookie deal was over. It's just all really slimey to me, I don't like it.

I also think they don't see him as a max guy unfortunately. Bigs tend to peak sooner and he did some injury issues early on, but I'm not sure how severe it was :hmm.

Bridges is a good 3 and D player and I agree it's a lot that they're paying him. He's also still young and they don't want to risk him walking, and going out trying to get someone older and wasting time working out a fit. For me, if they were going to be paying Bridges that much, they should've given Ayton his money. So that you're going into the season with all your top stars on the same page. For the sake of their season, I hope Ayton will just stay professional about it and doesn't try to do not anything to jeopardise the team out on the floor.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Speaking of Klay 2.0..... Huerter got his payday. To outsiders, they might think he hasn’t warranted an extension, especially after that lofty billing for him. But I think the Hawks FO know something we don’t and I have a sneaking suspicion he just might have a breakout year. If I could nominate two players at once, I’d vote him and Poole for MIP.
I get that feeling too. He's definitely got room to grow and they have a good base of young players, that if they can keep that core, they could be a really good team for a number of years. So with Huerter, you've got him, Collins and Young on long term contracts. Reddish and Hunter's contracts are up next season so if they can resign those two; that's a good foundation.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I also think they don't see him as a max guy unfortunately. Bigs tend to peak sooner and he did some injury issues early on, but I'm not sure how severe it was :hmm.
I’m kind of in the same boat. I think the Suns want to try and see more of what Ayton has to offer, and if he can stay consistent and show that his production last season wasn’t a fluke. Ayton’s a good player, but he’s nowhere near Trae or Luka’s tier (if he got the ring last year, he could be somewhat in the mix, but only as the No.3 guy from his draft). Is he a player worth shelling out money for? Sure. But a max contract? Not really.

I get that feeling too. He's definitely got room to grow and they have a good base of young players, that if they can keep that core, they could be a really good team for a number of years. So with Huerter, you've got him, Collins and Young on long term contracts. Reddish and Hunter's contracts are up next season so if they can resign those two; that's a good foundation
If he becomes even capable of doing half of what Klay’s done, the Hawks FO are going to look like big galaxy brain geniuses. Fitting, since Schlenk (the GM) is a Warriors Alumni.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This is what Ben should've been doing from the start. If you really want out, being away isn't the solution because you're not a distraction. Coming back and being a nuisance, now THAT'LL get you somewhere. Taking a page out of the James Harden playbook.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think they're banking on no other team wanting to waste their offer sheet on him (I only a handful of teams will have the cap space) and maybe them offering him less than what they would do if he signed before his rookie deal was over. It's just all really slimey to me, I don't like it.

I also think they don't see him as a max guy unfortunately.
Not really, they are just being "cheap". Instead of offering him 173/4+1 they tried to get him on a shorter deal. As it didn't work they'll just match whoever throws the max at him which will be considerably smaller (128/3+1 at worst).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've been cursed and so will you

 
Last edited:
Top