Chapter Tower of God Chapter 514 Spoilers & Discussion

The one waiting is...

  • The Lo Po Bia Head

    Votes: 44 53.7%
  • Adori

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Another Lo Po Bia

    Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Another Family Head

    Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Some strong Shinheuh

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Rachel

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Yama's dad

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Maschenny

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Someone else

    Votes: 4 4.9%

  • Total voters
    82
  • Poll closed .

Jyu viole grace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2021
Messages
359
Reaction score
2,807
Age
24
Gender
Male
Country
India
English translated chapter ----
I know it's written chapter 513 but it's chapter 514,chack it out
 

Anzere1stclass

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
1,247
Reaction score
1,774
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
Chapter 262 Hoaqin said he "received" the soul absorbing spell from the ancient demon himself. Now this chapter is saying Vicente is the one find the book containing that spell first??? Or at least he studied the book much more than Hoaqin did?
It's stated that Hoaquin was the one who made a contract with the demon and had received the books then he pretended to have found that book some where and told about it's to his siblings david,Vicente, albeda,anna and their studied that books together it's possible that Vicente also had meet the demon in his dream but unlike Hoaquin he didn't make a contract or had made one but it's Hoaquin who got the control over white
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, it makes a lot of sense to bam be passed out. bam literally used the 2 thorns and more power than ever right after he was nearly killed, using the power of souls in an absurd way and the power of the sun that no one understands. It was always said how dangerous it was for him to exaggerate the use of thorns. He used too much power at once, burning a lot of souls too, and then absorbed more power. He literally fought at equal and even above white, and not long ago he could barely withstand kallavan attacks. A lot of you complain that he is too weak, when he displays a power up like that, because he had the side effects of using so much power with his body overloaded? Even when this issue of overloading has been discussed so many times? Bam is not supposed to be perfect and a god. the story is pretty much about that: about someone who isn't like a god and doesn't want to be one, but who ended up carrying responsibilities and powers he never wanted, just to protect the people and his life. he's not a fighting god protagonist, he's someone flawed, and that's just what makes tog interesting. It's the way SIU writes and has always written, but no one has to like it. Just go read another type of story, there is no lack of solo levelling-like characters for you to read. I don't understand the people who come here every week to talk bad about tog. Not talking about people who is criticizing something they didn't like about the chapter, that's normal, but there are people who literally show up here every week just to talk trash about tog and siu. Just stop reading, its better for everyone.
Bam say he wants to become a god like being though
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Looks to me she is just messing around than saying it as matter of fact.
I think she was just bragging in front of Yuri with a lot of exaggeration. Maschenny is not the pinnacle of the tower, it's Phantaminum lol.
I don't think Maschenny was just boasting. She describes the Great Warriors as people not even she can handle. This means that excluding them, there's virtually no one else above her.

When Maschenny says she's "like the pinnacle of the Tower" compared to Yuri, I think it means exactly that. She's someone at a place far higher than Yuri.

And no, I don't think Maschenny's an immature brat like Yuri that spouts nonsense.


I don't understand what you meant here?
Jinsung warned Baam about the person waiting for him behind the Third Wall:


Maschenny is shown to be waiting for Baam behind the Third Wall:



Jinsung's warning was also a reply to Maschenny wondering aloud if Baam can satisfy her.


It's pretty straightforward. You'd have to tunnel vision on Jinsung hyping Maschenny so strongly and insist that he can't possibly regard Maschenny so highly to conclude that it's definitely not Maschenny.
 
Last edited:

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
As has so often been the case in S3, SIU has a lot of promising pieces assembled, but whether he does something cool with them remains to be seen.

I really hope the giant snake is what Jinsung is talking about, because it'd really tie things together. On the one hand, Baam fighting the giant snake would be a direct visual reference to how SIU represented Enryu fighting the administrator—very much an "I have arrived" moment, if it happens. On the other hand, Baam fighting-and-defeating the giant snake would be Baam doing what Cha, Dowon, etc., never could—thereby perhaps fully converting them to his cause.

If SIU wants to really go all in on callbacks he'll perhaps have Baam allow himself to be eaten and then fight his way out from there...just saying.

I also think we have some interesting possibilities now that (a) Vicente is in charge of White, (b) Baam is in some kind of coma, and (c) Ascensio is on the scene. In theory this is a good setup to elaborate on how spells work, because if Ascensio is here then we're one degree of separation from that Gogo-the-Mimic MagiKuhn guy—just a hunch. Maybe Vicente needs some tips to solidify/fix the spell creating White, maybe Baam needs magical help to fully integrate what he took from White and it's beyond Vicente's knowledge...something.

Of course in practice we're now overdue for a month or so of focus on Doom, Yama, and Yas.
 

PlotArmouredTitan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
3,460
Age
27
Country
Nigeria
He didn't even tell Baam about Prince and Akraptor's death. The truth is that A.A. treats Baam like a baby now. He is like an overprotective parent who doesn't want his kid to be hurt. But that's impossible when they are climbing the Tower and Baam is an Irregular.

One of the reasons I didn't want Yuri and Evan to climb with Baam and co before was this, because they would "baby" him and his friends, but even Yuri didn't go that far, she knew he'd have to suffer during his climb.

Nowadays, the way A.A. treats Baam is so annoying. It's like Baam isn't allowed to be hurt or suffer. It's fine to worry about your friends but he is going to far. It doesn't make sense at all.

This will definitely be addressed later but it is incredibly lame of A.A.
Baam also plays his part by acting like a baby too sometimes so he shares some of the blame.


Here's to hoping the "Dark change" actually shakes things up a bit.


Also, reading a few chapters again, I came across this funny panel.





Now if you ever feel stupid, remember Khell tried to fight Big Z with numbers :nah
 
Last edited:

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
I wouldn't rule out completely the possibility of her being the one but Jinsung is really high tier and while i can see Maschenny being stronger or even much stronger than him, i wouldn't expect him to refer to her in that manner. I think Jinsung considers very few people "higher beings".
Oh well. I always expected SIU to hype up Maschenny before her fight with Baam. It appears to me that perhaps he's chosen Jinsung to take that role.


Of course in practice we're now overdue for a month or so of focus on Doom, Yama, and Yas.
Nah, I'm expecting that Yama vs Yasratcha will be completely sidelined for the rest of this mini arc.
 

Merrie

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2021
Messages
141
Reaction score
428
Country
Philippines
I want some maturity for Bam as well, I think it's time he become more direct and assertive. Both of them actually.

The thing is they have so bad communication. Bam trusts Khun so much, Khun is protective and devotes most of his efforts too much. But Khun doesn't trust Bam enough to let him have his own way/to the point he takes away his agency because he thinks it would be best. I feel like Bam does kind of take Khun's presence for granted (like with Hwaryun but they are less than friends), no objection or question about his plans or actions, questionable as they might be. And in turn, I feel like Khun takes Bam's kindness or silence for granted. Granted, we don't know if they're aware or not. But the one sided devotion and trust with overfamiliarity as its foundation can create a really imbalanced relationship. Communication and trust is two-way. Sometimes it feels like Khun's under Bam than a friend, sometimes it feels like Bam is being played by Khun.

I'm much more concerned about friends or relationships where they don't fight which is a bit of the Issue I have with them. It's just my interpretation, not to prefer one character over another because I think Khun is still in the wrong even if he may have good intentions as it was a huge breach of trust.
 
Last edited:

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I’m not surprised maschenny like raw things like that
Can you imagine the drive she's facing with a biological clock that's been ticking for thousands of years? (hell, time slows for rankers so she's probably still fertile)

She wants irregular babies so bad it's almost enough to make one cause mayhem in the tower. It's like Jinsung said - rankers' bodies don't age but their brains start to go crazy.

I'm not sure we're even joking here anymore...
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Everyone but @Jammin disagrees, but I'll make the simplest possible explanation for "The One in the High Place" being Maschenny:

Jinsung warns Baam about the person waiting for him behind the Third Wall:


Behind the Third Wall:


Waiting for Baam:



Lord Lo Po Bia and/or Adori simply do not satisfy the primary criteria of "waiting for Baam behind the Third Wall". Meanwhile, we are shown a character that actually is waiting for Baam behind the Third Wall.
 

Vali x lucifer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
5,706
Age
28
Country
Italy
Can you imagine the drive she's facing with a biological clock that's been ticking for thousands of years? (hell, time slows for rankers so she's probably still fertile)

She wants irregular babies so bad it's almost enough to make one cause mayhem in the tower. It's like Jinsung said - rankers' bodies don't age but their brains start to go crazy.

I'm not sure we're even joking here anymore...
We need an 18+ ToG visual novel obviously, SIU would make bank i am sure.
 

AM21

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
145
Reaction score
172
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I want some maturity for Bam as well, I think it's time he become more direct and assertive. Both of them actually.

The thing is they have so bad communication. Bam trusts Khun so much, Khun is protective and devotes most of his efforts too much. But Khun doesn't trust Bam enough to let him have his own way/to the point he takes away his agency because he thinks it would be best. I feel like Bam does kind of take Khun's presence for granted (like with Hwaryun but they are less than friends), no objection or question about his plans or actions, questionable as they might be. And in turn, I feel like Khun takes Bam's kindness or silence for granted. Granted, we don't know if they're aware or not. But the one sided devotion and trust with overfamiliarity as its foundation can create a really imbalanced relationship. Communication and trust is two-way. Sometimes it feels like Khun's under Bam than a friend, sometimes it feels like Bam is being played by Khun.

I'm much more concerned about friends or relationships where they don't fight which is a bit of the Issue I have with them. It's just my interpretation, not to prefer one character over another because I think Khun is still in the wrong even if he may have good intentions as it was a huge breach of trust.
I feel like it’d the opposite with Khun actually, sure his done stuff behind Bams back but when Bams actually said I want to do this Khun always agrees with him and always sides with him even if he disagrees personally.
Bam is the one leading things here after all, his the one who decided to try and help Dang Dang, and who decided to start this war over his master, not Khun.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Khun actually disagree and stick to his decision since, the name station? Where he mainly disagreed with Bams opinion on being a “god”

To be honest with their realtionship to me it’s Khun who needs to stick up for himself more and learn when to put his foot down, his Bams friend not his subordinate yet it feels like a master/subordinate realtionship sometimes for me the way Khun always agrees with Bam and never actually says no and sticks with it.

Like yes Khuns lied but it’s not like he did it with bad intentions and he did have the correct assessment of Bam.

I don’t like the idea of Bam being even more “we’re doing it my way” when his being stubborn or wants something as his already like that with Khun.

For me it’s not Bam who needs to be more assertive in their realtionship, it’s Khun.
 

lianecel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2020
Messages
1,048
Reaction score
1,347
Age
29
Country
Indonesia
??? None of Baam's friends are keeping up with him.



Most of Baam's friends in S1 are very talented but yes not like Enne or Adori. Though TBH we don't know much about these two's beginnings.
Yo not everyone is a talented monster (even tho compared to irregular they ar still a big)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think Maschenny was just boasting. She describes the Great Warriors as people not even she can handle. This means that excluding them, there's virtually no one else above her.

When Maschenny says she's "like the pinnacle of the Tower" compared to Yuri, I think it means exactly that. She's someone at a place far higher than Yuri.

And no, I don't think Maschenny's an immature brat like Yuri that spouts nonsense.



Jinsung warned Baam about the person waiting for him behind the Third Wall:


Maschenny is shown to be waiting for Baam behind the Third Wall:



Jinsung's warning was also a reply to Maschenny wondering aloud if Baam can satisfy her.


It's pretty straightforward. You'd have to tunnel vision on Jinsung hyping Maschenny so strongly and insist that he can't possibly regard Maschenny so highly to conclude that it's definitely not Maschenny.
And why would jinsung reffers mas as "greater existence" when he literally aint afraid at all to mas??

Do u think mas is the only person in 3rd wall?? Lmao cant u see those big ass snake?? Atleast 8th son of lopobia is right there, ofc there is also another big shot,
I know u r simping over mas, but please be realistic
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
I think it's way too early in the arc for Lord Lo Po Bia to show up already.

There's still a fuck ton of unresolved plot lines in the Cat Tower alone:
  1. Cheonhee vs Ha Satcha
  2. Chad Commander (and co?) vs Hybrider
  3. Dowon and Karaka vs Fucile
  4. Dowon and Karaka heading to their respective fields
  5. McCage's POV (down lighthouses, search for the Hybrider, perhaps someone kills him)
  6. The Control Room and the Crab game
  7. Maschenny's last minion (and their mission)
  8. The escape of the hostages
  9. Cha heading to the field
  10. Whatever Mule Love is up to

And then there are other major battles that will take several chapters each:
  1. Kallavan and Co vs Lyborick
  2. Evankhell's mission
  3. Yama vs Yasratcha
  4. Maschenny's challenge for Baam
  5. Vs the 8th Son of Lo Po Bia

And still other plots like:
  • Stealing what Maschenny wants from the Frozen Waterfall
  • Maschenny's request for AA

I think there's way too much left in the arc for Lord Lo Po Bia or Adori to show up now to confront Baam.


@Shadowlord123.
 
Last edited:

Vali x lucifer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
5,706
Age
28
Country
Italy
Everyone but @Jammin disagrees, but I'll make the simplest possible explanation for "The One in the High Place" being Maschenny:

Jinsung warns Baam about the person waiting for him behind the Third Wall:


Behind the Third Wall:


Waiting for Baam:



Lord Lo Po Bia and/or Adori simply do not satisfy the primary criteria of "waiting for Baam behind the Third Wall". Meanwhile, we are shown a character that actually is waiting for Baam behind the Third Wall.
What about Le Snek and his owner ? Also with the regular snake guy here with Hwaryun i wonder what's he gonna do, is the Captain here already ? I am sure Lord LPB has a plan to deal somehow with Baam without having to disgrace himself fighting him.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,437
Gender
Male
Country
France
Added a poll.

Baam also plays his part by acting like a baby too sometimes so he shares some of the blame.


Here's to hoping the "Dark change" actually shakes things up a bit.


Also, reading a few chapters again, I came across this funny panel.





Now if you ever feel stupid, remember Khell tried to fight Big Z with numbers :nah
I actually liked this moment. It's just Baam being honest with his friend. A.A. however isn't able to say the truth about their dead friends because it would hurt him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think it's way too early in the arc for Lord Lo Po Bia to show up already.

There's still a fuck ton of unresolved plot lines in the Cat Tower alone:
  1. Cheonhee vs Ha Satcha
  2. Chad Commander (and co?) vs Hybrider
  3. Dowon and Karaka vs Fucile
  4. Dowon and Karaka heading to their respective fields
  5. McCage's POV (down lighthouses, search for the Hybrider, perhaps someone kills him)
  6. The Control Room and the Crab game
  7. Maschenny's last minion (and their mission)
  8. The escape of the hostages
  9. Cha heading to the field
  10. Whatever Mule Love is up to

And then there are other major battles that will take several chapters each:
  1. Kallavan and Co vs Lyborick
  2. Evankhell's mission
  3. Yama vs Yasratcha
  4. Maschenny's challenge for Baam
  5. Vs the 8th Son of Lo Po Bia

And still other plots like stealing what Maschenny wants from the Frozen Waterfall.

I think there's way too much left in the arc for Lord Lo Po Bia or Adori to show up now to confront Baam.


@Shadowlord123.
I think we'll simply see the other battles for a good while.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone but @Jammin disagrees, but I'll make the simplest possible explanation for "The One in the High Place" being Maschenny:
I'm more than willing acknowledge I don't know. My read on that scene also certainly was that Jinsung was talking about Maschenny. But I'm not really going to argue the case that he was either. It's perfectly plausible that he wasn't IMO.

We'll find out soon enough one way or the other.
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Chapter 262 Hoaqin said he "received" the soul absorbing spell from the ancient demon himself. Now this chapter is saying Vicente is the one find the book containing that spell first??? Or at least he studied the book much more than Hoaqin did?
It would seem that Hoaqin had the demon inside him all along, the last 2 flashbacks talked about the never ending thirst for Hoaqin. I believe Vicente came up with the plan/spell for them all to combine and Vicente was planning to be in control from the start with all his mid exercises!!! But he never anticipated that an ancient demon was associated with Hoaqin giving Hoaqin the power to consume control!!!

But now the demon or most of it is in Baam!!!
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think we'll simply see the other battles for a good while.
I suspect a lot of that is going to get skipped. Given how much is there I feel like he's either going to rapid fire jump through the resolutions to everything and show the result after the fights are done. Or just skip it.

The Yas VS Yama and Doom fight is the only one I think will get major time devoted too.

I bet that wasn't his plan but pacing wise doing all that properly would just take to long. Especially given how much time he burned on this battle with White. The end of this chapter with it's focus on Maschenny and Jinsung made me think SIU is getting a bit eager to get to whatever that part is.
 

O_n_Sly

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
8,957
Reaction score
6,035
Country
United States
Watch out for Vincente, he admitted he’d lose but also claimed it would take a while! Even AA acknowledged his smarts!

Like a wise Predacon once said “Treachery sharpens the wits”
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For all we know it could have been Vicente who summoned the demon into Hoaqin’s dream that night long ago! The only thing that does not add up is that Anna is the sorcerer not Vicente, so she might be involved as well!
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,437
Gender
Male
Country
France
I suspect a lot of that is going to get skipped. Given how much is there I feel like he's either going to rapid fire jump through the resolutions to everything and show the result after the fights are done. Or just skip it.

The Yas VS Yama and Doom fight is the only one I think will get major time devoted too.

I bet that wasn't his plan but pacing wise doing all that properly would just take to long. Especially given how much time he burned on this battle with White. The end of this chapter with it's focus on Maschenny and Jinsung made me think SIU is getting a bit eager to get to whatever that part is.
You think Kallavan VS Lyborick will be skipped as well?
 

lazybum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2021
Messages
953
Reaction score
2,927
Age
34
Country
France
Jinsung can't be possibly referring to Mascheny as the being above "us". He wasn't scared of Mas back when she confronted him with an army to warn him of Bam being in danger. Another comment of Mas illustrating she's either equal or inferior to Jinsung is when she speared him from behind, she said she's starting to be able to pierce him. It would be weird that Jinsung to consider Mascheny as an existence above him.

If Jinsung is really worried about Bam meeting Mas, he would have said "Bam don't come, Mascheny is too much for you to handle right now" or something to that effect, much like how he tried to stop Bam from meeting Hoaqin in the hell train.

Mascheny and a LPB branch leader are waiting in the "central floating ship" (Ch.485), but it won't take much effort for someone greater to immediately be there, ie the LPB FH. There's a reason that the story mention the nest is connected to LPB's flagship, and it can be applied to this case.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You think Kallavan VS Lyborick will be skipped as well?
There's not much storywise involving those two, in the same way as Yama & brothers and their father. Can be safely skipped if SIU is pressed for time. Also it can keep Lyborick's abilities hidden, as I find unlikely Kallavan to win. Lyborick is too sure of himself to not have a plan to deal with Kallavan IMO.
 
Top