That's a pretty big assumption. Loosing balance is not something that tells us all that much. It's not like rankers are trip-proof.
- A Ranker is very unlikely to be so clumsy as to nearly fall from a spike.
- A Ranker could have just levitated and wouldn't have needed to balance on the spike in the first place.
The big assumption is assuming that a Ranker would be clumsy and incapable of flight.
Welp, if ran's final goal is to murder mascheny then I would argue that shows a fair bit of animosity on his end.
Not really. Here's what SIU said:
SIU said:
Ran had a battle against Maschenny when he was young.
She said he will be a good warrior.
He have decided killing her would be his last goal if he becomes a ranker.
Source
Killing Maschenny is not something that Ran actively seeks or even cares about. It will be the final goal that he'll adopt for himself if he completes the Tower.
He's not actively pursuing Maschenny's death the way AA is actively climbing the Tower to dethrone Eduan.
It's really just: "if I become a Ranker, then I guess I'll hunt my sister".
It's true we don't have further context on this but if his objective was simply to defeat her then there wouldn't be a need to kill her.
This is not true at all. When Zahard tried to spare Maschenny after Lecalicus, she was
insulted by the gesture and insisted that they fight until her death:
Zahard acknowledged the insult and showed her his respect by resolving himself to kill her:
If Ran ever defeated Maschenny in combat, and tried to spare her life, she would be deeply offended by the gesture. She'd probably insist that he kill her (as she did to Zahard).
The idea is that the only way to show respect to your opponent as a combatant is to face them with both your lives on the line. This isn't a sentiment unique to Maschenny either. Even when Shilial wanted to fuck around with Hatsu in a play fight, she insisted that they still put their lives on the line:
As someone who was trained how to fight by Maschenny, Ran would probably have adopted this philosophy.
I will also add that mascheny is a cold hearted sadistic and remorseless bitch who is probably easy to hate just in general.
Asensio wants to know your location.
We know the way the khun kids are treated as they grow is far from kind... Being trained by mascheny can't be better than that.
Not Ran. Ran had a very rosy childhood per SIU. He was raised as the New Ace of the Khun Family, and with a golden spoon "bedazzled with real diamonds":
SIU said:
Q5. What does Khun (Aguero) and Ran think of each other?
A: I actually wanted to originally draw it as a behind-the-scenes story, but since they haven't met because they're on separate floors, it's still a (tn: spoilerwise?) sensitive topic qq.
I know a lot of you want to see it, but I can only give this story once Ran reaches Khun's floor, but in that regard I also feel pent up because I get a lot of questions about this.
If I give a sneak peek, while Ran was raised as new ace of the family he was raised as a spoiled kid of sorts, while Khun was slightly more abandoned....
He was raised toughly with little attention so he climbed to become someone great.
From Ran's perspective Khun looks very skilled/competant so he thought it would be fun to climb with him, and Khun happened to find this out about Ran so he snatched him right up.
They're both gold spooned, but Ran is gold spooned bedazzled with real diamonds, while Khun is also like that but without it having been noticed
Source
Ran had a very spoiled childhood.
Also note that Ran's current reason for climbing the Tower is to have fun climbing with AA.