OK, well, how do you explain Kallavan working with the enemy (of Zahard for poop's sake)? That seems to go against his ethos, no? Because his PERSONAL loss of his men is being valued more than his loyalty to Zahard here. Which means his Zahard fanaticism isn't unshakable. I forgot about the arm, but the point stands that Zahard is going against the Z army. A true loyalist would see the big picture of sacrificing even his own men in an effort to please daddy Zahard.
Oh I agree that Kallavan helping Bam is very much against his belief, I was merely correcting that small detail about the arm thing. I also agree that people sometimes go against their belief, if there's a cause for it.
And, as for Yama... he seemed to move on really quickly from Doom's very recent murder (as with Paul) of many dogkin. I mean, Doom was seen as a defacto enemy of Yama/Baam... until he wasn't.
Because of the situation, it "can't be helped" I guess. Paul has every right to be angry at Yama for imprisoning their brother Doom and fought for his freedom. Doom also has every right to fight against Yama after awakening, for his life at least. The canine people are Yama's subordinates, so they are enemies to Doom and to Paul and get pulled into the brothers' conflict.
You'd say Yas has every right to do the same and you'd be right. The difference is Doom didn't have time to do anything "cowardly" using the canine people against Yama, whereas Yas did, he used the canine people as shield and killed the canine people for mostly nothing. You can even say Yas become a bigger target than Doom.
Same for how everyone just glosses over White's atrocities, and so on.
Bam was against getting White's help in the last station, but end up not doing anything about it, I agree. Some don't mind like Khun and the FUG people in general. Endorsi wouldn't, and so on and so forth. I think Bam and Wangnan are the one who want to uphold the moral, others are accepting "they gotta do what they gotta do" to climb, see what I mean?
FUG is a collection of convenience, and Baam has sold his soul repeatedly. I don't see him stopping now by adding Yas (or Yas being accepted on a temporary agreement like Kallavan as an ally). And I don't see Kallavan being 100% beholden to Zahard. Hell, he daydreams about Baam...
Well I don't know Yama about Yas, it can go either way, we will see.