Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
  • Sam: I am not feeling well.
  • Mafia players: Let's lynch him!
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,892
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Tbh, thats the noble thing to do. Let him have a stress free week :nod
(Or one could reason distraction is welcome haha)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

(Sams distraction from rl I mean~)
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
We are 31 so 8 Mafias or 2 Teams of four? With that mechanic a TP is unlikely.
Given the hosts we got 10-12 mafias seem more likely. I wouldn't even put 14 mafias past those hosts...

If the game was smaller, would think a bunch of actual SS roles hidden under the mechanic But game too big for that.

I think EH and Gry could both be right. Combo of illusion mechanic and protecting roles. Max post count by players.
A game with a bunch of SS roles would have been pretty cool. Maybe an idea for a future game.

There's no Shapeshifter last time I played. When did that role get introduced?
My last game was 6 years ago. Wow, time flies desu ne?

Wait, are people referring to Shapeshifter when they said 'SS.' I thought they are referring to the Saint Seiya game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Is that a co-host that only counts votes?
It got introduce in the great "1000 suggested roles by James Rye which made Evil cry and develop a role suggestion trauma" era. Good times.

Jesus christ, that Hardy play again. Either silly slip up wearing team mate's avatar, or annoying troll attempt. Both options very cringe and anti-town, inclined to be punished by votes.
So why doesn't Hardy got any votes then if such a slip-up happened?

Hardy is wearing gry's avy, maybe it a host mistake, I don't imagine the rule man (the guy who spends day 1 telling us how to play properly) would be trolling.
Ah man, I should have used that excuse back then when I mistakenly took Gry's avi.

A Mafia genuinely used his buddy's avy instead of his own once. I think it was James or Holt.

Hardy sometimes did this on purpose later IIRC.
Was me, got me and Gry lynched one after another. If it happened again with Hardy then man, poor Gry, so unlucky that every Mafia buddy wants his avi. xD

Votekill Equaling Heaven for now.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
James, can i ask why you're putting EH on the chopping block, giving him a second vote? Any reasons to be suspicious that I might have missed?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Nii thoughts on Sakura?
have to wonder why you're singling me out there, do you see me as sus yourself?

edit typo
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
@GrySun ignore my prev comment, didn't notice Nii mentioned vandred in hid prev post
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
James, can i ask why you're putting EH on the chopping block, giving him a second vote? Any reasons to be suspicious that I might have missed?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



have to wonder why you're singling me out there, do you see me as sus yourself?

edit typo
Mostly Shobu's reasoning that EH was coding to other Mafias to take a chill pill and not draw too much attention to themselves. That and I am curious to see who outta a 4 tie-way gets the dreaded 3rd vote especially since we still got like over a dozen or so left.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Mostly Shobu's reasoning that EH was coding to other Mafias to take a chill pill and not draw too much attention to themselves. That and I am curious to see who outta a 4 tie-way gets the dreaded 3rd vote especially since we still got like over a dozen or so left.
hmmm i didn't notice that, is there a specific post where he mentioned that? There's no 4 tie atm, Sam has 3 votes i think
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
I've also suggested to the hosts that, if possible, they try and replace me with a substitute as I can't be around for a while. I'm not doing great, and I need to step away and address IRL stuff that's spiralled out of control.
All jokes aside,

do take care of ya sam, and I am really sorry for your loss >:
If you do step away, just remember, you don't need to rush and handle everything at once, take your time and go through it step by step.

Hope all will be well soon
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
That and I am curious to see who outta a 4 tie-way gets the dreaded 3rd vote especially since we still got like over a dozen or so left.
Sam locked which changes everything, I'm not sure what to expect next now.



Roughly 5 hours left. Don't forget to vote
Yes yes I know, be back in 1h for real.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Where is Daws? He might not be a fan of Day 1, but to not have any posts with 4 hours left is something I have never seen from him. Perhaps, he thought it was a 24 hours phase?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, back. I read everything during the flight (left the 10 pages open in 10 tabs lol, that was some good idea to manage the turbulence stress as well) but couldn't like the avatar appreciation posts *fu Mocker Poo btw*, so feel hugged just in case ç.ç

Ok, about the golden land, there's not much to go thru about it yet, yes, but worth mentioning that with 3 in there I think people can start using its perks alrdy (if they'd feel like it and agree on something). As it was said alrdy, we'll have hints about the illusions for roles that usually count on a host feedback (that will help people more individually than not - which doesn't apply to my role btw - unless mafia) and once/if we get many illusions in the game, another evidence the golden land people can work with later on is odd results from lynches (as in a top voted person that doesn't die, ties that get solved without extra interventions, etc - those indicate there are illusions among the voters since illusion votes don't count).

About antagonists, so far I'm leaning towards the idea of this game having 1 or 2 big mafia parties, just so they could make use of the golden land as well, yikes (this comes from believing maybe the hosts would think that's spicy lmao). Also I'm not so sure we could have an SS - the win condition is clear yeah, but the unknown mech illusions could hinder a real SS considerably.

There are some people I feel like not pushing a lot for now, based on hints, and others I didn't feel that good about their stances, and I'm still not a real fan of ones that refuse to give any piece of hint, as always. There's always something minor you can use as a hint that allows people to tackle your claims later on, in spite of your concerns, that's also strategical and a part of the charm for me (yeah, emphasis on for me). I might be wrong, but the sensation (cause I didn't double check that) I have is that ones that hold on on sharing hints and claim are more often scum than not. I guess giving a pass on hints and random annoying placeholder votes that turn day lynches a real lambdadelta roulette are becoming more and more of a thing, sadly '-'
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ideally we‘d all agree on a person to lynch rather than the usual bunch of ties.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though I haven‘t had much time to make a case, I have noticed a couple of people I‘d push for a lynch. But may require more time than I have to work with.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Back, placeholder votekill Hardy
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
hmmm i didn't notice that, is there a specific post where he mentioned that? There's no 4 tie atm, Sam has 3 votes i think
I was only looking at the upper vote count, so I didn't notice that Sam got 3 votes already.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Short day would’ve been my undoing. The game is still quite overwhelming at this stage so I don’t have much to say. It feels much less chaotic for a D1 given the size. I appreciate that.

only thing that really stood out to me was Lambu’s strong thoughts about the game setup (especially on scum side).

Anyway, not sure about the plausibility of an SS. Feels like they’d just get hindered, and considering the likelihood of two rather big mafia teams, plus the golden land votes, it really feels like they’d be at quite the disadvantage. Hosts mentioned SS illusions would theoretically be different from Mechanic illusions.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Anyway if you are scum and you have 4 partners now you know there are 3 mafia parties :heh
Shouldn't it be 3 partners? 🤔

4 partners implies one team of 5. 3 teams of 5 would be 15 Scum, and that seems like too much?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
So far I'll vote Faust. It was the one that stood out the most to me as someone that is around and is attentive to details but was 0% engaged in the game per se. So maybe someone that is trying to be participative but watching where he's stepping first? Idk but I think it's the one that felt more passive and maybe careful to me so far. Another person I didn't rly like is top voted, but I feel like I could be misremembering the things I'm having an issue with regarding that person.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Personally I would have said I'm totally cool with either Sakura, Sam or Vand being kill, as there's not much to go by. Though I think to have seen some oddities already. Not sure that enough for a lynch as of now.

Fun fact, he was mafia that time. That didn't get him lynched iirc, but was still quite fun and bold of him to do it while being literal mafia.
Does that not concern you? If it's a slip up you're not looking that great either. As James said, if Hardy dies as Mafia, you're pretty much dead meat next. I would be at least a little bit more agitated about it, if I were you.

Besides that not much going on, kinda the usual for a D1 game. Good to see some things didn't change : D So far my gut feeling tells me either Vandred or Samuel. Thin for now I will votekill SirSamuel, because I know Vandred can be a real asset if he's townie.
Bit suspicious vote, not gonna lie. Are you team Vand or team Sakura maybe? Perhaps latter, since you didn't mention only her of the top three with two votes.

Sam said something about a strong role. Does that make you want to change your vote?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top