Why should I calm down? James clearly admits that he isn't giving effort to this game because he finds it boring because of vanilla role. That's disrespectful of others who want to play this seriously. I'm not going to calm down on James. Maybe as a mafia suspect, but not as player in this game. Those excuses are just not good, they are selfish. Most of us are not native english speakers, most of us have vanilla roles, most of us would have other nice games to play, like Horizon 2. He signed up to play and then doesn't because he didn't get a fun role. Bohoo, now let's all calm down and respect each other. Fuck that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
He seems to be playing now though, so that's good. I think this is the first time I see him actually analysing people instead of whining or discussing mechanics.
I don't wanna re-quote discussions I missed, but this part.. James seriously you heavily dropped in my eyes as a player and I understand Riku's frustration. I never thought you like mafia game only for the roles. Vanilla games are plenty fun too, just may seem more frustrating because we look at even the tiniest action or post and go on that rather than who hinted/which roles make sense, it's very different but the general goal is the same, finding who is dishonest. You not paying much attention to the game, not because you're busy but because you don't like being roleless, is kinda insulting and I thought you're more the hardcore mafia fan and not so basic to be role addicted. This is why we can't have nice things.
You two really want to piss me off, do you?True enough. I still not like I'm but on same line with James. James is the one who actively hurts the game just because he didn't get an active role, and my only sin is getting pissed that behaviour.
You guys totally ignore the part where I wrote that this game needed an investigative role whenever it was det or spy for town to be a fair game. I had plenty of games where I was "into the game" despite having a passive role or a plain townie role but I could be so because there were hints to go around with, actions to be checked, results to be compared with.
We got nothing like that in this game.
All you guys talk about is "analyzing players" and their post but that is psychological BS, BS as in anyone can interpretate anything they want with those posts. That's how Shad made up everything in his mind, but nobody agreed with him because they "saw things differently" which then caused the whole shitshow which caused a lot of people to vote for Shad because it was convenient to get of toxic players instead of doing something that is more logical. We got no logic in this game, just guts and feelings.
Also you two aren't any better in your behavior than I am!
Nowhere in the rules is it stated that you have to play "seriously" because that word can mean a lot of different things for many people. All it says is that you post three times, vote at least once and not to be a dick to others. And there are a hundred games with dozens of people who posted 3 posts per day, voted once and lived like the late game because nobody cared about them and ripped the "serious" players apart. Are those players also "not serious"?
So why the hell do you two compare your idea of "serious playing" with mine? Why do you belittle me for something I can chose myself? It shouldn't matter to you if I find this game "boring" because I expected a more "epic" game for the 100th game and am disappointed about the size of the player pool and that there are no mechanics except a poll with an app that gives you track of vote changes. I shouldn't have to live up to your own "standards", so leave me out of them and stop insulting me!
.
i did wrote all my thoughts before going to work. But I will catch up asap and check if there are players who give me a different vibe this phase.