Also need to consider that if somehow two scum are paired in the list, they can just lie. Imo, it’s worth noting that the mechanic would be more helpful in potentially finding scum (via flipped weapons) than confirmations. Nonetheless, I agree that orderly swapping in pairs is best.
I'll place my votekill on shinobi for now, random among the ones I have nothing on. Might change in my break time.
I dont like the idea of swapping with Marm at all but, again, if everyone else agrees to that then so be it, I will accept a possibly lame destiny.
For Shad I would be more enthusiastic, but still feels like such a trashy way of solving the puzzle, feels like the situation of Claymore game in a sense.
Alright, I went through a bunch of possible outcomes to the pairing system. I assumed six people for the scum, but a slight variation to those numbers will not alter the outcomes significantly. I also disregarded kills, blocks and uncooperative townies, since this is a look at how it would work ideally. But even then, the general system would not be unaffected as long as most townies follow the plan.
All the scum are lined up perfectly. We know all of them by D2, we go through the motions and lynch them one by one until we win by D7 while blocking and prosecuting them or whatever.
All the scum are lined up perfectly, but in their favour. We will have no swap at all on D2, so we reshuffle in order to pair everyone with a different player so that all the scum will inevitably end up with a townie. Then we go through the motions and win around D8.
Two mafias are paired together, the others are with townies. Even though we get a good four of them on D2, we still shouldn't stop reshuffling to be sure.
Four mafias are paired together, which doesn't change much, but more importantly, the first reshuffle pairs up scum with scum again. Reshuffling again solves the situation, but it's not enough to give for granted that we'll have found everyone with the third night of reshuffling - especially considering outside disruption like mafia blocks and kills.
All things considered it does look like the system gives the town a strong advantage, and in optimal conditions (which the scum have no way to influence at the moment, and even in later nights they will need to keep themselves anonymous to one another so there's no way to exploit this for them) it can turn the game into a near-unwinnable situation for mafia, but there are still ways for them to prevent it being an autopilot win for town.
The universal downside, of course, is that all the current townies will have to agree to take the chance of swapping into the most-likely losing team, with no way out of a lynch even if their team somehow makes it in the end. Most likely, one or more townies will also end up TP, meaning instant lynch. Some current mafias may remain unnoticed until D4 by masterfully (and very luckily) managing to throw a wrench in the plan, but unless they're hardcore tryharders, it will most likely be a frustrating attempt at outlasting all their fellow teammates without being able to cooperate for more than one or two nights, anonymously, before they become town and try to figure out who the others were...
I think that’s the problem. We won’t be learning anything next day. Hosts must have compensated in some way for scums. If they are all traitors with perhaps one real mafia, then we’re confirming traitors (green weapon) while the ‘’third party players aka traitors’’ also get a needed headstart by avoiding lynching. That’s just a thought tho, but no way the plan will work as expected. Just remains to know how the hosts dealt with the mafia member in this theory...
One real mafia with a lot of traitors would render the concealed identity mechanics largely irrelevant, because only the original mafia would be "safe" while they know all the people they recruited. I don't think it's likely, but I do wonder what I'm missing about the mafia chances in this game.
Idk what you refer to, Saint Seiya had nothing like that where I could choose anything.
The main thing is keeping it nice and orderly. If everyone chaotically picks, we can have triangles or even squares where people pick same person and it shuffles so much to the point we can‘t tell anymore who had what and who to trust.
This is MG. You know things won't be nice and orderly after the NP. Maybe it wasn't the Saint Seiya game but you made a promise to a player (Asako?) that you would help him/her if your plan were to fail or something and after it happened you obviously didn't. I think it was Saint Seiya but I might be wrong. It was the game where you ended up becoming Juviii's lover late game, right?
I'm busy right now but gotta say that there is no agreement on this topic, people are choosing their partners to swap with and I would really like to trade with you.
Let just confirm so that we can be added to the list and let others find partners?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sorry busy at work not reading other posts right now
We would need a host confirm for that but honestly as host I would only notify the player if something actually happened that changed to the prior state of the role, no in-between night positions.
but you made a promise to a player (Asako?) that you would help him/her if your plan were to fail or something and after it happened you obviously didn't.
I think it would be fine if at least everyone agreed to swap and picked their own targets. But when everything is decided like this? No. I don't like what you said about swapping with Asako too if she ends up unlucky (I know you would never do that). You didn't in the Saint Seiya game or something?
Also, following this plan and allowing a Mafia/TP to get an easy win N1 would piss me off.