Games Top Ten Game - Interim Round 105: Top 10 Hottest video games female characters

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,250
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Schedule

Current :

Interim Round 105
Hottest Female Video Game Characters
Host: @Erinyes

On Hold :
Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel
Host: zimbardo

Note: The schedule could still be changed/re-arranged depending on the hosts' availability.



Host:
@Erinyes

🎨
Artist Characters

👾
Badass Video Game Characters

🍕
Slice of Life Anime/Manga/LN

Host:
@Purity of Magi
🏜
Magi Characters
🧙‍♀️
Whey They Cry Characters

⛓
Chainsaw Man Characters
Host: @Gajeel

🏐
Haikyuu Characters
Host: @Holt

🎮
Video Game Characters [Remake]
Host: @Sky

👨
Dads/Father Figures
Host: @z.5

🎵
'Big 3' Music Rounds
Host: @Xadyu

🐼
Anime Pandas
Host: @Copy Panda

Tokyo Revengers Characters
Host: @Hermit

Interim Rounds
#01: Animated Shows Host: @Faust
#02: Animes Host: @Faust
#03: Music Bands/Groups Host: @Faust
#04: Music Duos Host: @Faust
#05: Music Artists Host: @Faust
#06: Anime OPs Host: @Faust
#07: Anime EDs Host: @Faust
#08: Anime OSTs Host: @Faust
#09: Anime Fights Host: @Faust
#10: Anime Groups Host: @Faust
#11: Anime Moves Host: @Faust
#12: Anime Duos Host: @Faust
#13: Anime Movies Host: @Faust
#14: Manga Series Host: @Faust
#15: Music Videos Host: @Faust
#16: Animated Movies Host: @Faust
#17: Video Games Host: @Faust
#18: Mangakas Host: @Faust
#19: Manga Characters Who Lived Up to the Hype Host: @Faust
#20: Most Sad Anime Moments Host: @Faust
#21: Anime Senseis Host: @Faust
#22: Video Game Duos Host: @Faust
#23: Anime Leaders Host: @Faust
#24: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Swordwielders Host: @Faust
#25: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Marks(wo)men Host: @Faust
#26: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Athletes Host: @Faust
#27: Video Game Villains Host: @Faust
#28: Animated (Non-Anime) Villains Host: @Faust
#29: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Villains Host: @Faust
#30: Underappreciated Anime Series Host: @Faust
#31: Underappreciated Animated Films Host: @Faust
#32: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Rivals/Archnemeses Host: @Faust
#33: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Romantic Pairings Host: @Faust
#34: Anime/Manga/Light Novel featuring Physical/Mental Disablities/Illness Host: @Faust
#35: Anime Full Soundtrack Host: @Faust
#36: Super Smash Bros. Fighter Suggestions Host: @Faust
#37: Animals Host: zimbardo
#38: Sci-Fi Movies Host: @Faust
#39: Type-Moon Characters Host: @Faust
#40: Countries with Best Cuisine Host: zimbardo
#41: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Characters That You Want To See Go All Out Host: @Faust
#42: Animal Crossing New Horizons Villagers Host: @Ustegius
#43: Dragon Ball Characters Host: @Faust
#44: One Piece Characters Host: @Faust
#45: Naruto Characters Host: @syx
#46: Bleach Characters Host: zimbardo
#47: Female Lead Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Brandish μ
#48: Parents/Guardians [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#49: Fullmetal Alchemist Characters Host: @Purity of Magi
#50: Boku no Hero Academia Characters Host: @Hermit
#51: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Characters Host @GrySun
#52: Secondary Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @revo
#53: Best Story Arcs [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#54: Kimetsu no Yaiba Characters Host: @revo
#55: Anime Hair Host: @Evil3ye
#56: Gintama Characters Host: @Gryffindor
#57: Black Clover Characters Host: @Juviii
#58: Tensais Host: @Erinyes
#59: Waifus Host: @SirSamuel016
#60: Manga Artworks Host: @revo
#61: Hunter x Hunter Characters Host: @Nii
#62: Yū Yū Hakusho Characters Host: @Faust
#63: Pokémon Host: @Evil3ye
#64: Inspiring Characters Host: @desin24
#65: Shokugeki no Sōma Characters Host: @Tatsumaki
#66: Shingeki no Kyojin Characters Host: @Farfalla
#67: Stylish Characters Host: @Erinyes
#68: Husbandos Host: @revo
#69: Fairy Tail Characters Host: @Brandish μ
#70: Dr. Stone Characters Host: @Hermit
#71: Jujutsu Kaisen Characters Host: @Nii
#72: Romantic Scenes in Manga(wha) Host: @Erinyes
#73: Brawlers Host: @Faust
#74: Anime OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#75: Video Game+Visual Novel OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#76: Badass Male Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#77: Badass Female Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#78: Nanatsu no Taizai Characters - Host: @Hermit
#79: Manga/LN/VN That Need An Anime - Host: @Brandish μ
#80: Eurovision 2022 - Host: @Riku
#81: Female Mangaka - Host: @Erinyes
#82: Fate Characters - Host: @Nii
#83: Best Character Designs (Male) - Host: @Erinyes
#84: Best Character Designs (Female) - Host: @Erinyes
#85: Annoying Characters - Host: @Evil3ye
#86: Voice Actors (Seiyū) - Host: @Farfalla
#87: Video Game Character Designs (Male) - Host @Erinyes
#88: Video Game Character Designs (Female) - Host @Erinyes
#89: Eurovision 2023 - Host: @Riku
#90: Feel Good Slices of Life Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @Erinyes
#91: Kingdom Characters - Host: @MArGi
#92: Anime OPs (Remake) - Host; @Erinyes

ON HOLD
#??: Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @z.5
#??: Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs)
For rounds hosted by @BluePegasus Go here
For rounds hosted by @Xadyu Go here
For rounds hosted by zimbardo Go here

Hosting Priority List and Window of Availability

Video games in terms of story
Villains you wish had won [Anime/Manga/LN/VN]


I've made a thread to alert people when new rounds are starting, when lists are to be sent, when the number 1 has been released, etc.

I hope that it is a useful tool for you lot.

Please watch the thread and, if hosting, post messages to alert people to anything useful within the game
:verily

1K page celebration post [courtesy of Valhalla777]
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Rank #2

110 points



Gilgamesh
King of Heroes/The Oldest King
(Fate/Zero + Fate/Stay Night + Fate/Hollow Ataraxia + Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya + Fate/Extra CCC + Fate/Strange Fake + Fate/Grand Order)
@BD_Beno (9) @Rikudou King (9) @revo (9) @Belserion (9) @GB (8) @Valhalla (8) @MarmaladeSky (8) @Demonspeed (8) @Purity of Magi (7) @Seven777 (7) @syx (6) @Nii (6) @Juviii (5) @Shad (5) @Asako (4) @Evil3ye (2) @SirSamuel016 (HM) @Gajeel (HM) @lakhan220 (HM)



Gilgamesh would be furious that no one gave him 10 points :lmao But while he may not be anyone's absolute fav here, he's clearly loved by many. Which is kinda fascinating, considering how much he behaves like a dick in both Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night. As I said before, I wasn't really a Gilgamesh fan initially. He's at his absolute worst in FSN because he got corrupted by the Grail mud, but even in F/Z he's incredibly haughty and arrogant, to the point where he doesn't seem sympathetic at all. What he does have even early on is class and coolness. There's no denying that his powers are just a treat and insanely cool, and he does radicate charisma, just in a very different way than Iskandar. So you know shit is going down when he appears.



Still, at this point I wouldn't have put him on my Top 10, not anywhere close lol. I actually saw him next in Hollow Ataraxia and Kaleid, where he mostly appears as a child version of himself. I found him much more likeable there, and it helped a lot that young Gil actually frowned at and is kinda embarrassed how his adult self turned out lol. So it's a bit of a reverse Shirou/Archer situation :XD He's basically a mellowed down version of adult Gilgamesh: Still a little arrogant, but much more easygoing and accepting of others.



Buuut at that point I was more like Kid Gilgamesh >>> Gilgamesh. I've talked a bit about this with Marmy already, but basically I grew to like him the more I saw of him. And it helps immensely that he gets the most screentime of any Servant by far, outside of maybe Saber/Artoria. In Extra CCC and Strange Fake he's not so different from his usual self. but easily a lot more complex than just a cocky, arrogant king. People can actually earn his respect for real, and his arrogance often is actually funny and not something that makes you shake your head. Basically he takes himself a little bit seriously, and isn't quite as extreme and onesided as he's portrayed in Zero and Stay Night.

And then there's ofc him in Fate/Grand Order. I used two pics because some people actually pointed out Caster Gilgamesh especially, where he's way more of an actual ruler and takes up responsibility for his subjects. You can see that he treated the people of his time much more respectfully in general. To some extent I can actually understand why he would view today's humans in a much less favorable light.

That being said, he's basically a character you need to see a lot of to truly appreciate. He's much more complex than he seems at first, and has a bunch of redeeming traits if you look closer. Won't deny the fact that he can be (and is at times) an absolute asshole though, lol. Makes it quite satisfying to see him lose, like in this famous battle : D



Anyway, I'm sure many people are glad he isn't in first place :amuse You almost made it Gil, but not quite. But before you take a look at the very surprising number 1 (:rolleyes:), here's some pics:
















Rank #1

136 points



Tohsaka Rin
Tsundere/Magus
(Fate/Stay Night + Fate/Hollow Ataraxia + Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya + Fate/Extra (CCC) + Today's Menu for the Emiya Family)
@Jammin (10) @Copy Panda (10) @Evil3ye (10) @Demonspeed (10) @Valhalla (9) @Juviii (9) @Kiki (9) @BD_Beno (8) @MArGi (8) @Belserion (8) @MarmaladeSky (7) @SirSamuel016 (6) @Gladiolus (6) @Shad (6) @Seven777 (5) @Rikudou King (4) @Gajeel (3) @revo (3) @Sky (3) @GrySun (1) @Nii (1)



Fate's 2nd poster girl and probably the favourite Fate character for most ever since the UBW anime. Just like with Gilgamesh, she appears in real lot of Fate works, but unlike him she's pretty much been very popular since the beginning. From many japanese polls I know that Saber is more popular over there, but here in the west it's easily Rin.

So why is that? On the surface she is your relatively typical tsundere, but she does kind of hit the perfect mix. I know many call her the "perfect tsundere", a character who's a bit feisty but also cute. And in general I agree. She's a strong and independent woman who you can both banter and cuddle with. Someone you know you can rely on, but also someone who wants to rely on you sometimes - what's not to like about that? She hits a lot of the waifu traits, that's for sure :3



As for me, my opinion about her is that she's a really good character. I could've put her higher on my list too on another day, though there's also a chance I wouldn't put her on my list at all. The reason being that I often prefer multi-faceted characters with different sides to them, characters who are a little harder to figure out or have a unique mindset. Rin doesn't reallly have any of that. She's cool, she's cute, she's likeable, but uniqueness isn't really her strength. It's pretty easy to understand her, and she mostly is your typical tsundere... "just" a really good one.

So I won't deny that I feel she's kind of overrated. There, I said it :p Think I made it quite clear I still think she's among Fate's best characters, though, I just don't find her as outstanding as a lot of other peeps.



I think her biggest strength is that she's very hard to dislike. You very rarely have someone like syx who's not a fan of her at all, but as usual you won't ever have a character EVERYONE likes, and that's fair in my eyes. Maybe this here will convince the few people who didn't vote for her (though I think most are people who just don't know Fate lol):



Aaaaaand that's it! There's more I could talk about, for example how she managed to make do by her own after losing her parents, or how she still looks out for Sakura in her own way, or how she's capable of making a hard choice when she has to... But I'll leave that to Copy Panda, Jammin and Co., wouldn't be fun if there's nothing else to talk about :hee

Ofc you will also get a bunch of pictures, so here:




















I'm not completely done yet, though. I'll try to make an epilogue post later today, where I will talk a bit about the last Fate series on the list, together with some other interesting data. Have fun discussing the final ranking until then, hope you enjoyed it :blush​
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I never got the Gilgamesh appeal, never seemed like his character develops at all. Just a haughty „better than u all mongrels“ on repeat.

Would you say Rin is overall the Fate fandom‘s favorite character, or just here?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
thxs so much @Nii for hosting, that was a nice top, thxs for all the efforts you put into it, you re truly a walking Fate encyclopedia :teehee I still know close to nothing about Fate :gwah , and seeing the number of games, novels, manga, animes, scared me :arf
@Copy Panda Rin won ? :fan I cant believe Abigail didnt make it into top 10, so disappointing ! :arf



the queen <3












 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I never got the Gilgamesh appeal, never seemed like his character develops at all. Just a haughty „better than u all mongrels“ on repeat.

Would you say Rin is overall the Fate fandom‘s favorite character, or just here?
I actually don't remember why I gave him points so can't really answer this question.

It seems we fate noobs influenced the top 10 a lot, iconic Fate/Zero characters made it to the top.

I still know close to nothing about Fate :gwah , and seeing the number of games, novels, manga, animes, scared me :arf
Yep, not gonna even ask where to start, looks like a dangerous rabbit hole to go down into xD

~
Good job @Nii can't wait to see this huge wall of texts down in the mafia game section!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
a bit surprised gil is this high.

yay rin best girl #1
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm not completely done yet, though. I'll try to make an epilogue post later today, where I will talk a bit about the last Fate series on the list, together with some other interesting data. Have fun discussing the final ranking until then, hope you enjoyed it :blush
:hurr
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Of course, was it ever in doubt?




Rin is the best part of most anime she's in. And when it comes to Fate she finds a way to be in most of them. She is the best. But we don't really need to say it because everybody knows it. She will win every one of these because of course she will, and rightly so; and it's adorable that anybody would think for a second otherwise.



Rin is Rin. Whatever argument you make after that point is invalid.


--------------------------


Gil undeniably possesses a lot of charsima. Still, I think he's way too high. He's got no business being above Artoria and I think even he would acknowledge that...




​
However, I do think he's quite good and a large reason for that is the unconventional way you get to know his character in Fate. Especially if you know the story of Gilgamesh. In Fate/Stay Night he's sort of a middle aged version of himself. A narcissistic asshole. which is accurate to his story during his quest for immortality. Then later in Babylonia you get introduced to a more mature workaholic Gil. Which is pretty accurate to the character after he abandoned his search for immortality in favor of building his kingdom. It's a character arc experienced in the weirdest way possible. The most interesting to me is the hyper responsible version from Babylonia. But pretty much no matter at what point he is, you can't deny his charisma. He is one charismatic jackass.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Musashi in the Waifu Wars 2021 had something to say about that :kappa
Rin isn't too bothered gazing smugly at her trophy case wondering how she's going to fit another trophy in there.




Although I just got past Musashi's part in FGO Olympus...

 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,804
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Rin isn't too bothered gazing smugly at her trophy case wondering how she's going to fit another trophy in there.

Plenty of room given its empty :kappa

Although I just got past Musashi's part in FGO Olympus...
That's why she's the GOAT, THE GOAT!
 

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Rin with her third trophy in the rankings. Most wins on the forum. Pandu must be proud


Very very predictable win, but i guess its deserved.

Great work and effort @Nii really nice ranking accompanied by interesting commentary about each character :verily
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well you're right with a lot of things. There's some stuff I wanna point out, though.

1. The Visual Novel being a very different experience is something I've pointed out multiple times too, even in the Top 10 game so far. You're meant to experience these routes after each other, see the development of characters and/or new sides to them. So an anime-only guy will have a very different experience than a Visual Novel reader. I still think it's fair to compare the routes though - you can argue you have a more objective/more detailed view when you have the VN experience, but an anime-only can do the same and it's perfectly valid.

2. Clearly, UBW and HF have an advantage over the Fate route bc they don't need to introduce all the basic lore, characters, etc. but it's a fact almost all VN readers either have UBW or HF as their favourites. They get compared all the time, and it's perfectly legit in my eyes. You put a strong emphasis on the "these are heroine routes" but in the end that's only a secondary aspect in FSN. For example UBW is much more about Shirou/Archer than it is about Rin.

3. Not sure how you get the idea that fans are in denial of it's eroge roots. Don't think there are many of those, tbh. Yes the original had sex scenes, but as I wrote before, each route has like 2 or 3 sex scenes, each around I would guess 5 minutes long. So that's what? Not even an hour in a story that's 60 hours long. They make up like 1,6% of the whole VN (probably less). It's literally almost nothing, and was just part of the usual marketing for most VNs back in the day. So if anything, focusing on this aspect so much is weird. They're almost all inconsequential, have lulzy stuff, and even the author himself admitted that he was forced to add these even though he didn't want to. Heck he didn't even write them, which explains a lot :XD They're not considered canon at this point, and it only makes sense. They exist yes, and if you prefer rather reading them all the power to you, but for the majority of people they're not a selling point but something to frown at, which is why it's important to explain how little they actual matter, both in content and length, and that there's a canon version out there that has all of them replaced.

4. Heavens Feel also isn't very complicated or has a lot of weird Fate lore. What would you consider more weird: How Mordred was created, or how the Holy Grail came to be corrupted? Heavens Feel has a lot of the essential basics behind everything involving the Holy Grail War, to the point where it plays a huge part in a lot of spin-offs. That's not weird Fate lore, that's important Fate lore. It's true Fate has a lot of weird stuff, but it's actually a lot more prevalent when it comes up with strange explanation why x Servant is female or just a book or whatever. So this is something where I entirely disagree with you.

5. In the end it comes down to personal enjoyment I think. You prefer the more epic clash of Servants, where these grander than life figures are the main focus and kind of dictate the story. Me, I like when it gets more personal and gritty, even better when the "normal" human Masters get a lot of attention too because they're part of the equation. There's a lot of raw emotions and fascinating ideas there you can't get with the more shounen aspects of Fate: I like it so much because it has both.

That's my stance on the matter, but I wrote a lot more than I thought I would xD Let me just add that it's okay we disagree on these things. No hard feelings from my side, just my honest opinion.
I always love hearing your thoughts on Fate Nii even if they differ from my own. I'm more than happy to admit it's a franchise you know infinitely better than I do. :hee

While I feel you deserve to have the last word on it, seeing as I'm sure you're a bit tired of doing wordy posts by this point, I hope you'll permit one point of clarification...:sweatdrop

With regards to the "denial of the it's eroge roots". What I mean when I say that specifically is the perception among Fate fans that it "Isn't really an eroge." Showcased in your own comments on the matter. The belief that Fate/Stay Night is inherently different from it's contemporaries. This is just fundamentally not true. I can point to a dozen eroge with the same sort of runtimes, the same sort of story to lewd content balance. And a lot of them take themselves as seriously as Fate does if not more so. So in that sense I don't think it's "different" in the way Fate fans often like to say that it is.

The importance of sexual content wasn't the point I was trying to making either it's the nature of plot structure and characterstics come from it's genre. The three routes of fate are not three separate stories. They're three stories but they were deliberately told in the way they were and in the order they were because of the format they were written for.

And the Fate canon discussion is best avoided don't you think? Fate/Zero is not canon relative to Fate/Stay Night's universe but is canon in it's parallel universe. That is the tip of an iceberg I don't go anywhere near.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Rin is my favorite character by far. I think mostly because she always makes me happy when she is on screen. Wether she is happy, mad, trying to be pragmatic etc. I find that there is a good amount of balance in all her actions, which is delivered very well and I am more invested when she is involved most of the time.

Before the latter half of the 2nd HF movie for example in my eyes Rin was stealing the show so hard compared to her sister. The "Sakura eating candies scenes" was one of my favorite part of the movies but the Rin x Sakura moment in the 3rd one was definitely my favorite. TBH I felt a bit conflicted after this too because a part of me found the fact that she didn't die lame. But I was mostly relieved :catshrug .

I like her a lot but the Ishtar in the FGO anime has some really cringe moments it feels like they tried too hard with her. Also I guess it's because I don't know much about Magic and stuff but I don't get how she is praised as a Mage because I remember her mostly throwing jewels and using some kind of Magic Gun technique which never really did much? But she does a lot compared to several Masters.

She is also clearly the prettiest of the three heroines :heh.


I never got the Gilgamesh appeal, never seemed like his character develops at all. Just a haughty „better than u all mongrels“ on repeat.

Would you say Rin is overall the Fate fandom‘s favorite character, or just here?
I said it before but I only grew to like Gil because of FGO and Prillya. In FSN he is kinda annoying because he acts as if he is the best ever but underperforms (almost?) all the time. In Fate/Zero I don't remember him doing much besides trying to corrupt Kirei. Plus I hate his design(Golden Armor with stupid spiky hair).

The Shota Gil in Prillya is awesome! Before Nii told me to revise my list I had the two Gils in it.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Rin is my favorite character by far. I think mostly because she always makes me happy when she is on screen. Wether she is happy, mad, trying to be pragmatic etc. I find that there is a good amount of balance in all her actions, which is delivered very well and I am more invested when she is involved most of the time.

Before the latter half of the 2nd HF movie for example in my eyes Rin was stealing the show so hard compared to her. The "Sakura eating candies scenes" was one of my favorite part of the movies but the Rin x Sakura moment in the 3rd one was definitely my favorite. TBH I felt a bit conflicted after this too because a part of me found the fact that she didn't die lame. But I was mostly relieved :catshrug .

I like her a lot but the Ishtar in the FGO anime has some really cringe moments it feels like they tried too hard with her. Also I guess it's because I don't know much about Magic and stuff but I don't get how she is praised as a Mage because I remember her mostly throwing jewels and using some kind of Magic Gun technique which never really did much? But she does a lot compared to several Masters.

She is also clearly the prettiest of the three heroines :heh.
It occurs to me you may not be aware of a running joke with Rin that I think Ishtar was a reference to. Because I think it was introduced in Hollow Ataraxia as I recall and I'm not sure how far it went beyond that, @Nii probably knows.

Rin's magic works off expensive gems, which get destroyed, so she's eternally and comically in debt.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
@Nii That was a nice presentation. I could feel your love for the franchise. Even made me want to rewatch some series/episodes and to know more about world building etc. I will read Red Line for sure one day but I wish I could forget that FGO design of Okita :twitch . One day maybe I'll contact you for the VN too.

Tsukihime as well because Melty Blood made me interested.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,773
Gender
Female
Country
China
I LOVE RIN-CHAN

thank you for this round @Nii (and arts by Truudj)! nice presentation and i liked the interludes that gave a lil background on the various source materials and also very nice that rin won ofc
 
Top