Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
How did you feel about the whole Kaido & Luffy glowing and flying like super saiyans? As much as I've enjoyed the new episodes and their budgets this type of stuff has been off putting.
Yeah I didn’t like that. It literally looked like a DBZ fight scene with the constant flying and clashing with different coloured auras.
But because the ep as a whole was really good I didn’t get too annoyed by it. I also wasn’t mad at them adding scenes from the opening (kid and law throwing Luffy towards kaido).
Judging by the preview for the next ep we’re gonna a lot more random coloured auras looool
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now that Greenbull is revealed, aside from Vegapunk there are no other high-profile reveals left, right?

Rocks comes to mind, but we have seen him in a silhouette, Vegapink has never been properly shown.
Not a reveal, but the story I want more than anything is....

WTF WAS HE?!

He's the true hero of the story, and we don't even know his name.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Not a reveal, but the story I want more than anything is....

WTF WAS HE?!

He's the true hero of the story, and we don't even know his name.
I'm pretty sure that's anime only so... the mystery will never be unveiled.
 

shailks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
1,546
Gender
Male
Country
India
Not a reveal, but the story I want more than anything is....

WTF WAS HE?!

He's the true hero of the story, and we don't even know his name.
His name is Eichiro Oda, legend has it that he was there collecting material for a manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Any other manga that is as entertaining as this? Used to hear about Toriko some years ago. Is it still good? I also gave My hero academia (anime), was good in the beginning but i got tired of it. Have already finished Naruto, Fairy tail, bleach, liar game, reborn, death note and full metal alchemist and i am waiting for HxH, attack on titan and berserk to conclude before i restart them.
 
Last edited:

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any other manga that is as entertaining as this? Used to hear about Toriko some years ago. Is it still good? I also gave My hero academia (anime), was good in the beginning but i got tired of it. Have already finished Naruto, Fairy tail, bleach, liar game, reborn, death note and full metal alchemist and i am waiting for HxH, attack on titan and berserk to conclude before i restart them.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Has some of the best villains in any series, ever. It's been on-going since 1987, and the power vector (their equivalent of Haki / Power Level / Chakra or whatever) is one of the most creative I've ever seen.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
His name is Eichiro Oda, legend has it that he was there collecting material for a manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Any other manga that is as entertaining as this? Used to hear about Toriko some years ago. Is it still good? I also gave My hero academia (anime), was good in the beginning but i got tired of it. Have already finished Naruto, Fairy tail, bleach, liar game, reborn, death note and full metal alchemist and i am waiting for HxH, attack on titan and berserk to conclude before i restart them.
I didn't liked the second half of Attack on Titan. You may skip it.

Recently I read Bakuman. While not a battle manga, it was amazing.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
His name is Eichiro Oda, legend has it that he was there collecting material for a manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Any other manga that is as entertaining as this? Used to hear about Toriko some years ago. Is it still good? I also gave My hero academia (anime), was good in the beginning but i got tired of it. Have already finished Naruto, Fairy tail, bleach, liar game, reborn, death note and full metal alchemist and i am waiting for HxH, attack on titan and berserk to conclude before i restart them.
Toriko finished years ago but yeah it's worth a read. Check out Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter. Watch the anime for both of these 2 but read manga for Toriko.
 
Last edited:

shailks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
1,546
Gender
Male
Country
India
thanks guys, adding them all to my list.
 

Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Random thought: It kinda disappoints me how unpopular/underrated Franky is.
He’s super clutch and always gets his job done which is very impressive (to me). On Wano he defeated his opponent without getting too damaged and if it wasn’t for him Zoro would probably be done for. His overall performance on dressrosa was also good. He’s like the weird, badass, reliable uncle lol

(when I say unpopular I’m referring to him being the least popular SH in the recent poll)
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Random thought: It kinda disappoints me how unpopular/underrated Franky is.
He’s super clutch and always gets his job done which is very impressive (to me). On Wano he defeated his opponent without getting too damaged and if it wasn’t for him Zoro would probably be done for. His overall performance on dressrosa was also good. He’s like the weird, badass, reliable uncle lol

(when I say unpopular I’m referring to him being the least popular SH in the recent poll)
Man that says a lot that he's the lowest. I guess people really care about fan service more than how effective the characters are.
 

Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Man that says a lot that he's the lowest. I guess people really care about fan service more than how effective the characters are.
100% agree
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Random thought: It kinda disappoints me how unpopular/underrated Franky is.
He’s super clutch and always gets his job done which is very impressive (to me). On Wano he defeated his opponent without getting too damaged and if it wasn’t for him Zoro would probably be done for. His overall performance on dressrosa was also good. He’s like the weird, badass, reliable uncle lol

(when I say unpopular I’m referring to him being the least popular SH in the recent poll)
New World Franky is one of the most underrated characters in the series. When Doflamingo sent assassins to Punk Hazard to fetch Caesar, Franky solo'd them with ease.

Franky turns down the Mera Mera no Mi and encourages Luffy to take it as it'd be his only chance:


His duel with Senior Pink is one of the most respectable moments in OP, and he even comments that they should have a drink in the future if they cross paths:


His speech about saving the Tontatta and Kyros was one of the best scenes in that entire arc.

Dude destroyed the fucking blueprints to an Ancient Weapon knowing the destruction it could cause in the wrong hands.

Franky finding Caribou in the barrel on the Thousand Sunny was one of the most peak comedy moments in the history of OP.

He's the only one in the crew who technically met Oden, and he even turned down Oden's offer to put in a good word with the Pirate King, Roger. Franky could have technically already gone to Laugh Tale if he'd taken this offer:


I'd argue that him and Brook are the best post-TS characters in terms of how useful they've been to the crew relative to their actual strength level.

Bonus: Franky changed the SMILE Factory manager's heart with a simple kiss. One of the best scenes in Dressrosa. The hard-boiled fight is one of the most awesome scenes in the anime. His defeat of Senior Pink was absolutely epic, and his post-battle dialogue is close to Luffy's final scene with Katakuri. Oda took a largely unpopular character at the time (Senior Pink) and gave him a back-story that made him empathetic and likeable, as well as a personality that showed respect and honor in a fight. He also had Franky's energy mirror this so well. One of my favorite scenes in OP.

Look at how similar the ending is to Luffy vs Katakuri (animated):
Franky


Luffy


It's a crime that he's not more popular.
 

Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
New World Franky is one of the most underrated characters in the series. When Doflamingo sent assassins to Punk Hazard to fetch Caesar, Franky solo'd them with ease.

Franky turns down the Mera Mera no Mi and encourages Luffy to take it as it'd be his only chance:


His duel with Senior Pink is one of the most respectable moments in OP, and he even comments that they should have a drink in the future if they cross paths:


His speech about saving the Tontatta and Kyros was one of the best scenes in that entire arc.

Dude destroyed the fucking blueprints to an Ancient Weapon knowing the destruction it could cause in the wrong hands.

Franky finding Caribou in the barrel on the Thousand Sunny was one of the most peak comedy moments in the history of OP.

He's the only one in the crew who technically met Oden, and he even turned down Oden's offer to put in a good word with the Pirate King, Roger. Franky could have technically already gone to Laugh Tale if he'd taken this offer:


I'd argue that him and Brook are the best post-TS characters in terms of how useful they've been to the crew relative to their actual strength level.

Bonus: Franky changed the SMILE Factory manager's heart with a simple kiss. One of the best scenes in Dressrosa. The hard-boiled fight is one of the most awesome scenes in the anime. His defeat of Senior Pink was absolutely epic, and his post-battle dialogue is close to Luffy's final scene with Katakuri. Oda took a largely unpopular character at the time (Senior Pink) and gave him a back-story that made him empathetic and likeable, as well as a personality that showed respect and honor in a fight. He also had Franky's energy mirror this so well. One of my favorite scenes in OP.

Look at how similar the ending is to Luffy vs Katakuri (animated):
Franky


Luffy


It's a crime that he's not more popular.
You’ve literally made my day with this post LOL thank you
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New World Franky is one of the most underrated characters in the series. When Doflamingo sent assassins to Punk Hazard to fetch Caesar, Franky solo'd them with ease.

Franky turns down the Mera Mera no Mi and encourages Luffy to take it as it'd be his only chance:


His duel with Senior Pink is one of the most respectable moments in OP, and he even comments that they should have a drink in the future if they cross paths:


His speech about saving the Tontatta and Kyros was one of the best scenes in that entire arc.

Dude destroyed the fucking blueprints to an Ancient Weapon knowing the destruction it could cause in the wrong hands.

Franky finding Caribou in the barrel on the Thousand Sunny was one of the most peak comedy moments in the history of OP.

He's the only one in the crew who technically met Oden, and he even turned down Oden's offer to put in a good word with the Pirate King, Roger. Franky could have technically already gone to Laugh Tale if he'd taken this offer:


I'd argue that him and Brook are the best post-TS characters in terms of how useful they've been to the crew relative to their actual strength level.

Bonus: Franky changed the SMILE Factory manager's heart with a simple kiss. One of the best scenes in Dressrosa. The hard-boiled fight is one of the most awesome scenes in the anime. His defeat of Senior Pink was absolutely epic, and his post-battle dialogue is close to Luffy's final scene with Katakuri. Oda took a largely unpopular character at the time (Senior Pink) and gave him a back-story that made him empathetic and likeable, as well as a personality that showed respect and honor in a fight. He also had Franky's energy mirror this so well. One of my favorite scenes in OP.

Look at how similar the ending is to Luffy vs Katakuri (animated):
Franky


Luffy


It's a crime that he's not more popular.
This was a great post! Franky has done an amazing job post time skip. Glad to see him getting some love. Also the scene you linked with Caribou made me realize Oda started using the term "monster trio" in OP lol
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This was a great post! Franky has done an amazing job post time skip. Glad to see him getting some love. Also the scene you linked with Caribou made me realize Oda started using the term "monster trio" in OP lol
Wait. It wasn't used before? I have the feeling I've been hearing and using "Monster Trio" since way before the timeskip and I thought it always came from the manga.
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait. It wasn't used before? I have the feeling I've been hearing and using "Monster Trio" since way before the timeskip and I thought it always came from the manga.
Hm I don't actually know so I'll look it up. Oddly enough this is a topic of debate on the internet...but seems like the answer is no this wasn't the first time it was used. The first instance is in Thriller Bark by Nami. Fan translations said Monster Trio but Viz did not and called them the "three strongest".

What I thought was the first time is actually the second time. That's why I got surprised and thought whoa Oda used it now too since I've been reading it in the fandom for years too.
 

electricmastro

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
4,769
Reaction score
3,643
Age
30
Country
United States
Hm I don't actually know so I'll look it up. Oddly enough this is a topic of debate on the internet...but seems like the answer is no this wasn't the first time it was used. The first instance is in Thriller Bark by Nami. Fan translations said Monster Trio but Viz did not and called them the "three strongest".

What I thought was the first time is actually the second time. That's why I got surprised and thought whoa Oda used it now too since I've been reading it in the fandom for years too.
Monster Trio tends to be brought up more on other sites basically from people defending their favorites. I've even seen it used to downplay other characters like Jinbe and Yamato, as if they're fearful that their favorites like Zoro and Sanji are at risk of being less relevant because of Jinbe and Yamato "taking their place." I don't really see people arguing about it on mangahelpers though. Mangahelpers seems to take a more "academic" approach in analyzing manga, rather than the more rambunctious sports fan-like one. Haha.
 

I Am Atomic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
3,208
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I mean even before Monster trio, they were called the legendary....
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Imagine if Oda ended One Piece like how HBO ended Game of Thrones.

  • Joyboy never brought up or mentioned again.
  • Luffy ends up with Alvida and they are exiled to an abandoned Fishman Island to raise Surume together
  • The Tenryuubito die of old age
  • Void Century never explained
  • Shanks murdered by Beckman before Luffy can reunite with him
  • Hawkeye is killed before Zoro can have a rematch with him
  • Hack from the Revolutionary Army replaces Im as King of the World, because who has a better story than Hack?
 
Top