Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.
It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.
For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.
As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:
Shanks v Mihawk
Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
Zoro > Luffy
Zoro v Sanji
Is Smoker a top 30 character?
Mihawk's rank within the story
Law having CoC currently.
Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.
If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.
This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
So you're claiming that because Pre TS Luffy trespassed 3 WG facilities of the most guarded, he is stronger than Page One? Then that automatically makes Pre TS Luffy stronger than 90% of the OP World. LMAO. This is why I can't take you seriously anymore.
No, I already gave my argumentation in the inital reply to the person why questioned me.
Asura is confirmed to be CoC related, which is pretty much also what downed Page One in the end. I also listed Zoro's absurd stamina. It would be a tough fight, but I have no doubt he would win, Page One isn't Oars or Kuma either. If Zoro can win against Page One, so could Luffy, Lucci, Law or Kid.
Yeah I am not denying Vergo > Punk hazard Sanji. But I am saying Pre-Onigashima Raid Suit Sanji > Page One > Vergo.
You are aware that Oda got inspiration from Dragon ball, so if you see some DB plot elements, especially in power levels, its because the author wanted it that way.
Oda later clarified he wanted to go beyond what Dragon Ball could do, also the powerscaling doesn't work like Dragon Ball at all, it never did. Oda introduces the top end pretty much in the first story saga, not just the characters, also the features: cutting down massive fleets (Mihawk), shrugging of damage like nothing (Garp), stopping the forces of nature (Dragon) or of course Conqueror's Haki (Shanks). He only ever fleshes out from that point until everything is pretty much set with the Marineford arc.
If you could pick a character from Marineford who is closest to Page One, who would that be?
Yes you're confusing, out of wack, list places the "big fat lizard" under Pre Timeskip characters such as Pre TS Zolo with Shusui. Then you yourself confirmed that.
So yes you are making unbelievable claims with no substantial evidence from the manga that Pre TS Luffy > Page One.
I feel like I am arguing with Nik or Moe over here. Making no sense whatsoever.
He has been shown as somewhat clumsy and doesn't manage to take out anyone after a long chase, then he gets trolled hard by Big Mom. The entire protrayal is somewhat cartoonish, especially considering the nature of the character as a fat crocodilish lizard. Like when he clungs onto the Koma Inu and they hit him in the head with their weapons in meele, and sure it doesn't affect him, but it certainly looked dumb.
How is that weird? Oda could have given Page One anything, pull up a dinosaur quirk, make him a CoA master or have him use a trick weapon, he did neither. Page One snaps with his mouth in full zoan and attacks with his claws in hybrid, no further specialties, no Rokushiki, nothing.
?
Sasaki was mocking Page One, but he's very arrogant while Page One is laid back
But it goes along with all other information we have available, like the bounties, or his part of the fight being mostly comic relief. I have honestly never suspected anyone would assume anything but Page One being the weakest Tobi Roppo.
Page One being pathetic only proves he deserved to be a Tobiroppo......
You'll have to read that fight again. Vergo even asks "lol why you not dodge", and later it is revealed, Smoker intended to win Law's heart back, in which he succeeded.
The only reason Smoker had to resort to just taking Vergo's hits is because he couldn't beat Vergo. Otherwise it makes no sense since Smoker could have just beaten Vergo up and taken the heart back after. The fact that Smoker had to let himself get beat up to take the heart back shows he wasn't a match for Vergo. In both physical strength and haki he was outmatched.
No, I already gave my argumentation in the inital reply to the person why questioned me.
Asura is confirmed to be CoC related, which is pretty much also what downed Page One in the end. I also listed Zoro's absurd stamina. It would be a tough fight, but I have no doubt he would win, Page One isn't Oars or Kuma either. If Zoro can win against Page One, so could Luffy, Lucci, Law or Kid.
Yeah but Page One isn't stronger than Vergo.
Oda later clarified he wanted to go beyond what Dragon Ball could do, also the powerscaling doesn't work like Dragon Ball at all, it never did. Oda introduces the top end pretty much in the first story saga, not just the characters, also the features: cutting down massive fleets (Mihawk), shrugging of damage like nothing (Garp), stopping the forces of nature (Dragon) or of course Conqueror's Haki (Shanks). He only ever fleshes out from that point until everything is pretty much set with the Marineford arc.
If you could pick a character from Marineford who is closest to Page One, who would that be?
I gave lots of substantial claims from the Manga, and the confusion is caused mostly from yourself from only ever halfway reading through my posts.
You literally call Page one a "big fat lizard" and a "squirrel" when he is a dinosaur. Those are insults. If I called you "fat" in a derogatory manner, that would be an insult. How old are you? I feel like I am talking to a 13 year old here.
I am obviously not the only one who is confused by your ridiculously long list. Somebody else pointed it out and you felt like you were being bullied. LMAO can you believe that? You felt like you were being bullied by a person who made an observation about your confusing list AND you also felt that the people who liked their post about your list, were bullying you too.
You act like a victim of bullying because somebody didn't like/understand your long list, but yet fail to see how calling Page One a "big fat lizard" or "squirrel" is an insult. LMAO. Seriously how old are you?
Now you're stating that Ashura is CoC related, with no factual evidence. Maybe it was during Onigashima/rooftop but how can you prove it was during Enies Lobby? And then how can you prove that Enies Lobby Zolo's Ashura attack can take down Page One? Maybe during rooftop Zolo did release some ACoC through his attacks, we then saw how he obtained it and used it on King. But to claim he had it back in Enies Lobby, when Oda probably did not even think about it. It Makes no sense. Zolo didn't even have CoA but you're claiming he used ACoC through Ashura. WTF.
Please provide proof if not don't bring it up.
You don't think Page One is stronger than Vergo due to Pre TS characters being able to "Defeat" him, with no actual evidence.
While I think Page One is stronger than him and gave you great evidence through Sanji's development of strength and comparing their fights.
You also think because Page One doesn't use a sword or Roshiki techniques he is weaker than the rest of Flying 6. LMAO. I guess Ulti is weak too, also Oven, or basically any character who doesn't use any of that.
Sasaki and WW were captains of previous crews, they have an arrogant manner about them as you see they do not even respect the All Stars and talk back to King. That is why their bounties are higher than P1.
And actually, Page One has shown better feats than Sasaki.
Finally, a character from MF that is relatively close to Page One would be any of the Vice Admirals. Also the White Beard division commanders except Marco, Jozu, Ace, and Vista.
Heck I would argue that Dressrosa Post TS Gear 2 Luffy would high diff Page One.
The only reason Smoker had to resort to just taking Vergo's hits is because he couldn't beat Vergo. Otherwise it makes no sense since Smoker could have just beaten Vergo up and taken the heart back after. The fact that Smoker had to let himself get beat up to take the heart back shows he wasn't a match for Vergo. In both physical strength and haki he was outmatched.
1. If Smoker was soo much weaker than Vergo, why didn't Vergo knock him out with all the hits he delivered?
2. Had Smoker just fought Vergo and got anywhere close to victory or to the point Vergo would realize he is after the heart, Vergo would likely have crushed the heart. Or at least Smoker would think Vergo would do that because he doesn't know they want Law's fruit. Smoker wouldn't allow that, he is a moralist and was indebted to Law.
3. Smoker had a strategy, which he carried out and it ensured victory.
4. Had he not used this strategy and instead dogded like suggested, he wouldn't even have been hit nearly as often, leading to a vastly different perception of the fight.
5. Lastly, despite Vergo having the upper hand, Smoker still exchanged blows with him ever so often. Nothing in the fight suggested a high difference between the two combattants. High difference is portrayed way different in One Piece and typically results in one of the combattants being absolutely flabbergasted. Think Big Mom vs Queen as a recent example from Wano arc. Sometimes it is played up with false delusion, like Scabbards vs Kaido, first they apparently beat him, next Kiku loses her arm. It is always made very very clear whenever there is a high difference in strenght, and Smoker vs Vergo, especially given the circumstances, but even without them, does not fullfil that criteria at all.
You literally call Page one a "big fat lizard" and a "squirrel" when he is a dinosaur. Those are insults. If I called you "fat" in a derogatory manner, that would be an insult. How old are you? I feel like I am talking to a 13 year old here.
Cool, that means I am your senpai, since thinking that fictive Manga characters can even be insulted...What is Page One feeling right now? Absolutely nothing, because he is not real.
What does saurus mean? Hint: It means lizard.
The squirrel was sarcasm, because you cannot accept the fact that a Spinosaurus is a big, fat, lizard.
If I go to the Zoo and tell a zookeeper "Oh that's a big fat elephant over there", do you think he would reply with "Stop hurting his feelings", or rather with "Oh yeah, that's a bull" or "This one likes eating a little too much hehe", if he can even hear out the fat as a singularity, because in combination with "big", it gives and association of height and width, befitting to many animals that are bigger and broader than humans.
Now you're stating that Ashura is CoC related, with no factual evidence. Maybe it was during Onigashima/rooftop but how can you prove it was during Enies Lobby? And then how can you prove that Enies Lobby Zolo's Ashura attack can take down Page One? Maybe during rooftop Zolo did release some ACoC through his attacks, we then saw how he obtained it and used it on King. But to claim he had it back in Enies Lobby, when Oda probably did not even think about it. It Makes no sense. Zolo didn't even have CoA but you're claiming he used ACoC through Ashura. WTF.
Please provide proof if not don't bring it up.
What? We didn't have any explanation wtf is going on with Zoro, now we finally got one and it doesn't count? Vicre cards also pretty much imply his CoA jorney started in Alabasta. They also retconned all of the CP9 to Haki users (pre skip), except Lucci, in whose case they later clarified via online errata that he also had it pre skip.
You don't think Page One is stronger than Vergo due to Pre TS characters being able to "Defeat" him, with no actual evidence.
While I think Page One is stronger than him and gave you great evidence through Sanji's development of strength and comparing their fights.
I am the one who provided lenghty posts of evidence here, which you just simply ignored for some reason. None of your replies full of headcanon is responding to anything I'vre wrote, while I replied to anything you've wrote, can't you see what's going on here? It is not an argumentation, it is entirely one sided and entirely on my side because no one aside from Fox666 even bothers to spin up an argumentation, and in his case it was partially a misunderstanding, while his analysis of Hody Jones which I didn't even consider (good find!) pretty much backs up my placement of Hody in the Tierlist.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Speaking of Smoker, there's something that also is never considered, and its the rain in Alabasta arc. First, what was Smoker's idea here? Cooling off the rebels? That's pretentious. It's not that it does not rain in Alubarna. It only rains in Alubarna. Rain drops cannot stop a war. More likely he was helping the Pirates by weakening Crocodile.
Smoker is smart, unlike most other characters in the series.
Speaking of Smoker, there's something that also is never considered, and its the rain in Alabasta arc. First, what was Smoker's idea here? Cooling off the rebels? That's pretentious. It's not that it does not rain in Alubarna. It only rains in Alubarna. Rain drops cannot stop a war. More likely he was helping the Pirates by weakening Crocodile.
Smoker is smart, unlike most other characters in the series.
1. If Smoker was soo much weaker than Vergo, why didn't Vergo knock him out with all the hits he delivered?
2. Had Smoker just fought Vergo and got anywhere close to victory or to the point Vergo would realize he is after the heart, Vergo would likely have crushed the heart. Or at least Smoker would think Vergo would do that because he doesn't know they want Law's fruit. Smoker wouldn't allow that, he is a moralist and was indebted to Law.
3. Smoker had a strategy, which he carried out and it ensured victory.
4. Had he not used this strategy and instead dogded like suggested, he wouldn't even have been hit nearly as often, leading to a vastly different perception of the fight.
5. Lastly, despite Vergo having the upper hand, Smoker still exchanged blows with him ever so often. Nothing in the fight suggested a high difference between the two combattants. High difference is portrayed way different in One Piece and typically results in one of the combattants being absolutely flabbergasted. Think Big Mom vs Queen as a recent example from Wano arc. Sometimes it is played up with false delusion, like Scabbards vs Kaido, first they apparently beat him, next Kiku loses her arm. It is always made very very clear whenever there is a high difference in strenght, and Smoker vs Vergo, especially given the circumstances, but even without them, does not fullfil that criteria at all.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Cool, that means I am your senpai, since thinking that fictive Manga characters can even be insulted...What is Page One feeling right now? Absolutely nothing, because he is not real.
What does saurus mean? Hint: It means lizard.
The squirrel was sarcasm, because you cannot accept the fact that a Spinosaurus is a big, fat, lizard.
If I go to the Zoo and tell a zookeeper "Oh that's a big fat elephant over there", do you think he would reply with "Stop hurting his feelings", or rather with "Oh yeah, that's a bull" or "This one likes eating a little too much hehe", if he can even hear out the fat as a singularity, because in combination with "big", it gives and association of height and width, befitting to many animals that are bigger and broader than humans.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
What? We didn't have any explanation wtf is going on with Zoro, now we finally got one and it doesn't count? Vicre cards also pretty much imply his CoA jorney started in Alabasta. They also retconned all of the CP9 to Haki users (pre skip), except Lucci, in whose case they later clarified via online errata that he also had it pre skip.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I am the one who provided lenghty posts of evidence here, which you just simply ignored for some reason. None of your replies full of headcanon is responding to anything I'vre wrote, while I replied to anything you've wrote, can't you see what's going on here? It is not an argumentation, it is entirely one sided and entirely on my side because no one aside from Fox666 even bothers to spin up an argumentation, and in his case it was partially a misunderstanding, while his analysis of Hody Jones which I didn't even consider (good find!) pretty much backs up my placement of Hody in the Tierlist.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Speaking of Smoker, there's something that also is never considered, and its the rain in Alabasta arc. First, what was Smoker's idea here? Cooling off the rebels? That's pretentious. It's not that it does not rain in Alubarna. It only rains in Alubarna. Rain drops cannot stop a war. More likely he was helping the Pirates by weakening Crocodile.
Smoker is smart, unlike most other characters in the series.
I think what is meant by evidence is a quote, image or anything of the sort directly from the manga. You posting your opinion doesn't qualify as evidence I'm afraid.
1. If Smoker was soo much weaker than Vergo, why didn't Vergo knock him out with all the hits he delivered?
2. Had Smoker just fought Vergo and got anywhere close to victory or to the point Vergo would realize he is after the heart, Vergo would likely have crushed the heart. Or at least Smoker would think Vergo would do that because he doesn't know they want Law's fruit. Smoker wouldn't allow that, he is a moralist and was indebted to Law.
3. Smoker had a strategy, which he carried out and it ensured victory.
4. Had he not used this strategy and instead dogded like suggested, he wouldn't even have been hit nearly as often, leading to a vastly different perception of the fight.
5. Lastly, despite Vergo having the upper hand, Smoker still exchanged blows with him ever so often. Nothing in the fight suggested a high difference between the two combattants. High difference is portrayed way different in One Piece and typically results in one of the combattants being absolutely flabbergasted. Think Big Mom vs Queen as a recent example from Wano arc. Sometimes it is played up with false delusion, like Scabbards vs Kaido, first they apparently beat him, next Kiku loses her arm. It is always made very very clear whenever there is a high difference in strenght, and Smoker vs Vergo, especially given the circumstances, but even without them, does not fullfil that criteria at all.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Cool, that means I am your senpai, since thinking that fictive Manga characters can even be insulted...What is Page One feeling right now? Absolutely nothing, because he is not real.
What does saurus mean? Hint: It means lizard.
The squirrel was sarcasm, because you cannot accept the fact that a Spinosaurus is a big, fat, lizard.
If I go to the Zoo and tell a zookeeper "Oh that's a big fat elephant over there", do you think he would reply with "Stop hurting his feelings", or rather with "Oh yeah, that's a bull" or "This one likes eating a little too much hehe", if he can even hear out the fat as a singularity, because in combination with "big", it gives and association of height and width, befitting to many animals that are bigger and broader than humans.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
What? We didn't have any explanation wtf is going on with Zoro, now we finally got one and it doesn't count? Vicre cards also pretty much imply his CoA jorney started in Alabasta. They also retconned all of the CP9 to Haki users (pre skip), except Lucci, in whose case they later clarified via online errata that he also had it pre skip.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I am the one who provided lenghty posts of evidence here, which you just simply ignored for some reason. None of your replies full of headcanon is responding to anything I'vre wrote, while I replied to anything you've wrote, can't you see what's going on here? It is not an argumentation, it is entirely one sided and entirely on my side because no one aside from Fox666 even bothers to spin up an argumentation, and in his case it was partially a misunderstanding, while his analysis of Hody Jones which I didn't even consider (good find!) pretty much backs up my placement of Hody in the Tierlist.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Speaking of Smoker, there's something that also is never considered, and its the rain in Alabasta arc. First, what was Smoker's idea here? Cooling off the rebels? That's pretentious. It's not that it does not rain in Alubarna. It only rains in Alubarna. Rain drops cannot stop a war. More likely he was helping the Pirates by weakening Crocodile.
Smoker is smart, unlike most other characters in the series.
You really have no actual evidence only your opinion.
I was calling you out on getting your feelings hurt because somebody and others by liking association, called your list confusing.
I don't get why the Page One hate, I guess you probably hate all big fat lizards, therefore Sasaki, Kaido, Queen, etc. Weird but okay.
Really weird that you rank specifically a member of the Yonko top crew members as weak as somebody in the Paradise/Pre Timeskip. But from your recent arguments I have concluded that you're misguided as ever.
Now you're going of that Zolo had CoA since Alabasta. Holy mother of god. You're boasts are as ridiculous as Moe's and Nik's were.
The only reason nobody else has jumped into this discussion is because nobody else cares about anything other than Yonko, Admirals, Mihawk, Luffy Akainu Zolo rankings. Sadly.
1. If Smoker was soo much weaker than Vergo, why didn't Vergo knock him out with all the hits he delivered?
2. Had Smoker just fought Vergo and got anywhere close to victory or to the point Vergo would realize he is after the heart, Vergo would likely have crushed the heart. Or at least Smoker would think Vergo would do that because he doesn't know they want Law's fruit. Smoker wouldn't allow that, he is a moralist and was indebted to Law.
3. Smoker had a strategy, which he carried out and it ensured victory.
4. Had he not used this strategy and instead dogded like suggested, he wouldn't even have been hit nearly as often, leading to a vastly different perception of the fight.
5. Lastly, despite Vergo having the upper hand, Smoker still exchanged blows with him ever so often. Nothing in the fight suggested a high difference between the two combattants. High difference is portrayed way different in One Piece and typically results in one of the combattants being absolutely flabbergasted. Think Big Mom vs Queen as a recent example from Wano arc. Sometimes it is played up with false delusion, like Scabbards vs Kaido, first they apparently beat him, next Kiku loses her arm. It is always made very very clear whenever there is a high difference in strenght, and Smoker vs Vergo, especially given the circumstances, but even without them, does not fullfil that criteria at all.
I think we may just have differing opinions of what could have happened in that fight but I think the bigger difference is what you would make as two different tiers vs what I would make as two different tiers.
If I take what you said as fact (I don't necessarily agree since Vergo didn't go full haki mode) then what you are saying is that Vergo mid diffs Smoker. To me if a person can mid diff someone they are on a different tier from each other. So in this case I'd put Vergo in a tier above Smoker since it wouldn't be a challenge for Vergo to take out Smoker. Its in this same vein that people make the YC1, YC2, YC3 tiers since relatively speaking these characters would mid diff the person below them. You are trying to make the gap between all tiers relatively the same e.g. you want all people in Tier 1 to be able to defeat all people in Tier 2 without it being much effort. I however think of this in a more real life sports fashion where the gap between individuals is not large but definitive. For example in basketball MJ is considered a GOAT but that doesn't mean the gap between him and other great players like Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Iverson, Magic, Bird, etc is so huge that they'd never be able to take a game from him but more that he is clearly a better player and would win more times than they would.
I think what is meant by evidence is a quote, image or anything of the sort directly from the manga. You posting your opinion doesn't qualify as evidence I'm afraid.
Naah you can't be serious. I'll mention the moments in the plot, everyone knows themselves where they can find the chapters online and can just look it up themselves.
Takes literally 5 minutes and is going to take more influence than anything I've post. The Vergo vs Smoker here in question is at the climax of Punk Hazard arc, which wasn't very long, I am sure everyone can find it.
I am not going to post links to online Edited Manga sides or upload pirated images, sorry.
Might be in current times people expect to have anything served on a silver plate, but in a board about a specific Manga, I can at least expect the people there to have read the Manga.
Naah you can't be serious. I'll mention the moments in the plot, everyone knows themselves where they can find the chapters online and can just look it up themselves.
Takes literally 5 minutes and is going to take more influence than anything I've post. The Vergo vs Smoker here in question is at the climax of Punk Hazard arc, which wasn't very long, I am sure everyone can find it.
I am not going to post links to online Edited Manga sides or upload pirated images, sorry.
Might be in current times people expect to have anything served on a silver plate, but in a board about a specific Manga, I can at least expect the people there to have read the Manga.
Then you're just wasting everyone else's time, just call it an opinion and move on, don't try and pass it off as facts without visual evidence or a reference to a chapter/page.
Then you're just wasting everyone else's time, just call it an opinion and move on, don't try and pass it off as facts without visual evidence or a reference to a chapter/page.
Asking for evidence or reference and declining to bring any sound suspicious. I guess he has never written a research paper before in school. They literally teach you to list references in high school. Imagine writing a school paper and telling your teacher to look up the articles themselves, LMAO.
I think that is a huge problem here in this thread, where people are too lazy to back up their claims with actual evidence, pushing it onto the readers. It does not take much time to look up a chapter and page and either list it or screenshot/upload an image of the page.
Then you're just wasting everyone else's time, just call it an opinion and move on, don't try and pass it off as facts without visual evidence or a reference to a chapter/page.
Again, this cannot be taken serious.
Everyone here has read the Manga, everyone knows what happened in the Manga.
What happens inside the Manga is fact, I don't need to source anything because everyone here should be 100% aware of the content inside the source material, and in case one isn't, how can he even feel obliged to debate other people about it, that's silly.
This isn't scientific essays for a japonics professor who is himself completely unaware about the content his student is writing about.
The last time I presented YOU with a source you only even checked it out on the third attempt (the interview about Oda not liking men wearing white, remember?). That was you wasting my time, and multiple times.
You also didn't bother asking anyone here in this monstrous tread to do the same, it is just me. In combination with my previous experience with providing you with sources, this does not feel right at all.
Asking for evidence or reference and declining to bring any sound suspicious. I guess he has never written a research paper before in school. They literally teach you to list references in high school. Imagine writing a school paper and telling your teacher to look up the articles themselves, LMAO.
Again, this cannot be taken serious.
Everyone here has read the Manga, everyone knows what happened in the Manga.
What happens inside the Manga is fact, I don't need to source anything because everyone here should be 100% aware of the content inside the source material, and in case one isn't, how can he even feel obliged to debate other people about it, that's silly.
This isn't scientific essays for a japonics professor who is himself completely unaware about the content his student is writing about.
The last time I presented YOU with a source you only even checked it out on the third attempt (the interview about Oda not liking men wearing white, remember?). That was you wasting my time, and multiple times.
You also didn't bother asking anyone here in this monstrous tread to do the same, it is just me. In combination with my previous experience with providing you with sources, this does not feel right at all.
I'll bring you the evidence once I get home. Let's end this, you get every panel Smoker vs Vergo.
Again, this cannot be taken serious.
Everyone here has read the Manga, everyone knows what happened in the Manga.
What happens inside the Manga is fact, I don't need to source anything because everyone here should be 100% aware of the content inside the source material, and in case one isn't, how can he even feel obliged to debate other people about it, that's silly.
This isn't scientific essays for a japonics professor who is himself completely unaware about the content his student is writing about.
The last time I presented YOU with a source you only even checked it out on the third attempt (the interview about Oda not liking men wearing white, remember?). That was you wasting my time, and multiple times.
You also didn't bother asking anyone here in this monstrous tread to do the same, it is just me. In combination with my previous experience with providing you with sources, this does not feel right at all.
I'll bring you the evidence once I get home. Let's end this, you get every panel Smoker vs Vergo.
Don't cry because you're being asked to provide evidence for your claims. That is how the adult world works.
There is a difference in common knowledge versus an opinion. For example, if I said White Beard was the World's strongest man, it is common knowledge in this thread and in the world of OP. I wouldn't necessarily need to provide proof for this since people have read the manga, but in case for the people who have forgotten or still need to see the proof, I am not going to call them lazy and tell them to read the manga. This manga is 1000+ chapters long, they would have to start from the beginning. Therefore, I will research the chapter and page and even panel (if i am generous), and provide it to them, (just like in-text citations on a research paper).
But after reading your arguments, I don't think you have written a simple research paper in your life. While this is a manga thread. we don't expect essays here with full references, we do ask for evidence of a claim you are making, especially one that is really debatable.
I am not the one asking the Smoker vs Vergo proof. I am asking about Pre Timeskip characters such as Zolo > Page One. Also where exactly does it state that Zolo had ACoC back in Alabasta or used it with Ashura during Enies Lobby.
Naah you can't be serious. I'll mention the moments in the plot, everyone knows themselves where they can find the chapters online and can just look it up themselves.
Takes literally 5 minutes and is going to take more influence than anything I've post. The Vergo vs Smoker here in question is at the climax of Punk Hazard arc, which wasn't very long, I am sure everyone can find it.
I am not going to post links to online Edited Manga sides or upload pirated images, sorry.
Might be in current times people expect to have anything served on a silver plate, but in a board about a specific Manga, I can at least expect the people there to have read the Manga.
Dude this is akin to a scholar writing a paper full of assertions but having 0 citations to back it up. You can't argue something and say the responsibility is on the reader to find the evidence. No one will take you seriously at that point.
You also didn't bother asking anyone here in this monstrous tread to do the same, it is just me. In combination with my previous experience with providing you with sources, this does not feel right at all.
Most people in this thread generally say "i think", "in my opinion", etc for a lot of the assertions regarding power level. If you make a claim of fact then the evidence should be required to back it up.
Any Smoker v Vergo material you bring won't show your claim as fact that they are in the same tier. This all started since others disagreed with your tier list. The tier list is all opinion and nothing more on everyones part.
Imagine writing some kind of mathematical publication and instead of writing any detailed proofs with steps, you just throw your assumption up, and are like, "You all learned adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. So I don't need to show you how I got this. Just accept it."
Imagine writing some kind of mathematical publication and instead of writing any detailed proofs with steps, you just throw your assumption up, and are like, "You all learned adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. So I don't need to show you how I got this. Just accept it."
Dude, I even wrote why this cannot be compared to that scenario.
No one here ever does anything like that. You just have a personal problem with me, I am not dumb and have long since noticed how you are picking on my postings. The same goes for quite a chunk of other users. It is very unfriendly behavior.
Dude this is akin to a scholar writing a paper full of assertions but having 0 citations to back it up. You can't argue something and say the responsibility is on the reader to find the evidence. No one will take you seriously at that point.
Dude, I even wrote why this cannot be compared to that scenario.
No one here ever does anything like that. You just have a personal problem with me, I am not dumb and have long since noticed how you are picking on my postings. The same goes for quite a chunk of other users. It is very unfriendly behavior.
Youll now get every panel smoker vs Vergo, wait a minute.