Discussion The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread

Your favourite Celestial Star Dress

  • Aquarius

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Leo

    Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Sagitarius

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Aries

    Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Gemini

    Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Scorpio

    Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Virgo

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Taurus

    Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Cancer

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Capricorn

    Votes: 5 6.9%

  • Total voters
    72

LuckSlayer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
535
Country
Dominican Republic
I prefer to believe in my fantasy kkkkkkkkkkkk.

But I've seen this argument many times, but I find the two designs different. And this one in the photo doesn't remember the colors of Capricorn.
But the actual dress doesn't match Capricorn colors either xd
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion but while Stardress is pretty I wish Lucy instead of getting Stardress simply spent her time with her spirits deepening her bond and learning their specific magics like how Duke learn Diver and simply combined the magics to develop new techniques.

Like spending time with Gemini learning transformation and copy magic and spending time with Leo learning light magic. Then eventually creating a technique combining both magics in which case she can transform herself into light which in turns allows her to make herself invisible, glamour herself, flight and enhanced speed.
 

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
Unpopular opinion but while Stardress is pretty I wish Lucy instead of getting Stardress simply spent her time with her spirits deepening her bond and learning their specific magics like how Duke learn Diver and simply combined the magics to develop new techniques.

Like spending time with Gemini learning transformation and copy magic and spending time with Leo learning light magic. Then eventually creating a technique combining both magics in which case she can transform herself into light which in turns allows her to make herself invisible, glamour herself, flight and enhanced speed.
I was a big fan of the spirits being Lucy's main source of power, but I think at this stage of the manga that's impossible. And the Star Dress Mix grew in my conception.

I am very much looking forward to the combination of Taurus + Cancer. If I'm not mistaken, Taurus's ax is capable of absorbing magic and releasing it. Combining this ability with Cancer's Scissors can generate a very interesting ability.

Maybe a giant Scissors capable of cutting magic? In addition, this SD Mix could grant two very relevant stats for short range: Strength and Speed.

I have a lot of bets on this Star Dress combination. For visualization purposes, I like to think of Gwen from League of Legends and Sheele from Akame Ga Kill.
 

kian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
617
Reaction score
1,336
Gender
Male
Country
Dragonstone
Feels like Lucy’s magic is more Star Dress than actual Celestial magic in the 100yq.

Appreciate it’s a new powerup but feel like she’s losing the most important part of her magic which was the actual celestials and her interaction.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
which might be a sign for her own mini arc in the future. I suspect there will be something between her and her spirits. maybe she will be able to wear Stardress mix while summoning two spirits of the stardress mix at the same time?
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
which might be a sign for her own mini arc in the future. I suspect there will be something between her and her spirits. maybe she will be able to wear Stardress mix while summoning two spirits of the stardress mix at the same time?
She can already summon 2 spirits and wear stardress mix. She did the first time we saw Stardress mix when she summoned Leo and Virgo and went Leo x Virgo form in Aldoron arc.
 
Last edited:

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
Given the amount of Star Dress Mix combinations, I hardly see the spirits getting any focus on evolving their powers. Yukino was a good way to develop their capabilities, but Mashima decided to take the easier route. He gave Star Dress to Yukino...

I think the spirits will only be relevant if the Gold Dragon God is a spirit.
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
which might be a sign for her own mini arc in the future. I suspect there will be something between her and her spirits. maybe she will be able to wear Stardress mix while summoning two spirits of the stardress mix at the same time?
She already did that the first time she used star dress mix :derp

But I’m hoping to see her spirits become stronger. It’ll be weird how it was pointed they’re suppose to become stronger once Lucy makes herself so in the last arc yet nothing would done about it. I saw that moment as a foreshadow
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
She can already summon 2 spirits and wear stardress mix. She did the first time we saw Stardress mix when she summoned Leo and Virgo and went Leo x Virgo form in Aldoron arc.
She already did that the first time she used star dress mix :derp

But I’m hoping to see her spirits become stronger. It’ll be weird how it was pointed they’re suppose to become stronger once Lucy makes herself so in the last arc yet nothing would done about it. I saw that moment as a foreshadow
no i mean like not exhausting, but casually and stronger. did she already do that too? i forget tbh
 

Asorx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
563
Reaction score
1,193
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
In the last arc in 100 years quest, I want to know what magic Capricorn has. All we know is that he is good at hand-to-hand combat and nothing else.

What kind of magic do you think he uses? I think some kind of absorption magic or neturalization of magic. However, it would be pointless if he could cancel the magic, because Lucy could have used it so many times, but she didn't.
 

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
In the last arc in 100 years quest, I want to know what magic Capricorn has. All we know is that he is good at hand-to-hand combat and nothing else.

What kind of magic do you think he uses? I think some kind of absorption magic or neturalization of magic. However, it would be pointless if he could cancel the magic, because Lucy could have used it so many times, but she didn't.
I think this Star Dress's only ability is the magical glasses that prevent the wearer from being controlled by hypnosis magic.
--

Rooting for Lucy to use the Taurus Mix.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't know why Lucy couldn't summon Aquarius after Tartarous. Gemini had already mimicked her during the GMG and has a version of the Aquarius key that can summon her. Thus, all Lucy had to do was summon Gemini and have him transform into the saved copy of her and then summon Aquarius.


Also Just reread her fight with Vidaldus and was extremely disappointed that despite Lucy having a spirit that could have easily dealt with dudes hair she acted as though she had no way to deal with him. Same with having a Spirit to deal with Juvia. Yes she summoned Aquarius in the end but she acted like she was at a disadvantage when in all truth she had power to counter both of these opponents at some point.
 
Last edited:

Garmadooon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
691
Reaction score
1,235
Age
21
Country
France
I don't know why Lucy couldn't summon Aquarius after Tartarous. Gemini had already mimicked her during the GMG and has a version of the Aquarius key that can summon her. Thus, all Lucy had to do was summon Gemini and have him transform into the saved copy of her and then summon Aquarius.


Also Just reread her fight with Vidaldus and was extremely disappointed that despite Lucy having a spirit that could have easily dealt with dudes hair she acted as though she had no way to deal with him. Same with having a Spirit to deal with Juvia. Yes she summoned Aquarius in the end but she acted like she was at a disadvantage when in all truth she had power to counter both of these opponents at some point.
Because Lucy is constantly portrayed as someone who doesn't have confidence in herself when it comes to fighting. We saw it with Mimi when she was beaten by her in the first round. She is more focused on thinking of a strategy to defeat the enemy than trying to destroy the enemy with her best spells. We also saw it with Kyria, if she had more confidence, she could have used Gottfried from the start without outside help.

But at the same time it doesn't bother me. She may be fodder for Fairy Tail's high tiers but her fights are the most realistic and least faked of the main team. Her Magic is underrated and very versatile and that's why her fights are more pleasant to watch than her teammates.
 

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
It seems like Mashima is preparing for Aquarius' return, but I'm a little worried about it.

We know that Lucy's spirits are very weak and they don't evolve according to her power level. And in the Elentir arc, Mimi mentions that the spirits are weak because Lucy is weak, she can't maximize the spirits' powers.

Lucy seemed surprised by all of this, showing ignorance (it doesn't make any sense, since Lucy was aware of this at the beginning of the manga) of this information. So there is a possibility that Mashima is preparing Lucy to learn a spell (something like the Star Dress) that maximizes the power of the spirits, making Aquarius' return special.

I thought about this because there is no point in Aquarius returning to Lucy's hands and continue so weak (Mimi easily dealt with Aquarius' magic). It would have no emotion and Aquarius herself is irrelevant, since Lucy has her Star Dress.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I know I said this before, but I hate how Hiro Mashima handled Stardress mix. Not only shouldn't it be magically consuming given it is only a portion of the spirits power, but the purpose shouldn't have been about big flashy attacks but versatility and adaptability. So, something like Aries x Aquarius would give Lucy the ability to absorb moisture at 100% versus the normal level of 30%. So, while the functionality of the wool increases, the power needed to use the power shouldn't. So Aries form versus Aries x Aquarius form should actually cost the same amount of magic with the only difference being the forms attributes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I do wonder if Lucy should experience "Celestialfication" the same way Devil slayers and Dragon slayers experince Demonfication and Dragonfication. The way the power is acquired is very similar. Which is transforming the power of another species into your own power. Should she not be turning into a celestial spirit?

This could have been something fun to explore with Lucy.
 

Garmadooon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
691
Reaction score
1,235
Age
21
Country
France
I voted for Sagittarius SD in the poll but I really need to see back the Scorpio SD. This dress gives her great flight potential and combat speed and she can attack from multiple angles as seen in her skirmish against Brandish. We only have it in combination with Aquarius against a Metro golem but I want to see this Star Dress solo.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
changed my vote to capricorn. after watching recent 100yq episode (lucy vs whiteout lisanna) it grew on me.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Couldn't the spirits learn the same technique as Lucy by transforming other spirits power into dresses/Forms? We know spirits can transform power to each other, as Leo did to Capricorn. Also, it would, in theory, be more effective because one star dress form would still give them access to two powers, and two star dress forms would give them access to three forms.

Leo goes into Virgo form, or Virgo goes into Leo form, and both can access the Lion Maiden spell.
 

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
So who do you think Lucy will invoke Mercphobia against?

An important point I wanted to address is that Lucy has magical power to open the gate of Mercphobia, a Dragon God, not just any dragon. This means that she has a huge amount of magical power, but Lucy herself seems to doubt this, despite Mercphobia being sure she can do it.

But if Lucy possesses so much magical power why isn't this reflected in the power level of her spirits? We've had Mimi's statements about summons being only as strong as the summoner in previous arcs and recently Mashima expanded the lore of Summoning Magic, so I feel like he's slowly developing this concept.

Perhaps Lucy doesn't understand how powerful she is (she has learned a lot against her enemies on the 100-year quest) or doesn't know how to affect the power level of her spirits.

I hope Mashima continues to develop Summoning Magic and that he gives good explanations when Lucy tries to summon Mercphobia.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
So who do you think Lucy will invoke Mercphobia against?

An important point I wanted to address is that Lucy has magical power to open the gate of Mercphobia, a Dragon God, not just any dragon. This means that she has a huge amount of magical power, but Lucy herself seems to doubt this, despite Mercphobia being sure she can do it.

But if Lucy possesses so much magical power why isn't this reflected in the power level of her spirits? We've had Mimi's statements about summons being only as strong as the summoner in previous arcs and recently Mashima expanded the lore of Summoning Magic, so I feel like he's slowly developing this concept.

Perhaps Lucy doesn't understand how powerful she is (she has learned a lot against her enemies on the 100-year quest) or doesn't know how to affect the power level of her spirits.

I hope Mashima continues to develop Summoning Magic and that he gives good explanations when Lucy tries to summon Mercphobia.
So far, Lucy’s limit is to using 2-3 spirits at once+High-Level spell. The way I understood Mercphobia’s words, he simply meant that Lucy has great affinity with him. Affinity=/=high level magical power. As it is, Lucy probably only fulfills the bare minimum requirement to summon him. And whenever she chooses to do so, she needs to make it count, because at her level, she can only get off probably one shot against her opponent before exhausting herself.
 
Top