- Joined
- Apr 11, 2016
- Messages
- 2,423
- Reaction score
- 3,510
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Didn’t see a thread for this when I looked. It definitely has my attention 5 chapters in.
I didn’t see the memes but don’t let them put you off to what I think is going to be a very solid mangaThe memes put me off of reading this, but I decided to finally check it out and it's pretty good so far.
What do you mean ?We're going to move this topic around, because it's very still.
Comment on the spoilers and the chapter of the week, for example.What do you mean ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Do you mean, a dedicated section? I think it's too early. Not even Chainsaw Man has it.Comment on the spoilers and the chapter of the week, for example.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The manga is safe for now, and also the reprints are better than expected.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's pretty clear that Kagurabachi is popular, the problem is that Toc's current rankings are low.Kagurabachi will definitely be a case to study in the future, as long as I can remember I have never seen a new manga spark so many discussions on the internet.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
x.com
x.com
Kagurabachi was featured in the "Manganuma" TV program presented by Kawashima & Yamauchi's in Japan.
Kagurabachi is one of Animate Bookstore's 2024 recommendations and had a brief summary featured on TV with Volume 1:
"Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono-sensei. It's about a boy named Chihiro whose father is killed, and then he seeks revenge.
But when that comic was released, it was insanely popular. It was so popular that the comics were sold out in an instant.
So, not just because I like it, but also because it's been recommended by other customers, I thought I'd introduce it."
Then, in Kawashima & Yamauchi's comments, they say that they happened to have lunch with someone from Shueisha and that the comment was "(...) they said they wanted Kagurabachi to carry the next generation of Jump."
And then they conclude by highlighting Kagurabachi as the next ace in the program!
--- Double Post Merged, ---
As you say, it's currently like the sixth best-selling series in Jump. I doubt it.And once again kagurabachi was at the bottom of TOC again, it's not possible that Nakano will cancel the manga even though it sells a lot.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yura implies that focusing on the temple means avoiding the use of the trump card. If the trump card is Samura, then I believe the focus on the temple really was in an attempt to kill Uruha, without Samura's help.I think it’d be more along the lines that the Hishaku didn’t tell their grunts about Samura’s allegiance, and only the bigwigs or people important to the plan know about it. Most of them were probably fighting at the temple with the genuine assumption that their mission was to kill Samura, and Yura knew that they wouldn’t be capable of killing him, or knew about Hakuri’s ability to retrieve the blade, so they baited Hakuri into prioritizing Tobimune over Kumeyuri by putting Samura under more pressure while still making sure Uruha either died on the way to or was there at the temple to be taken out so they could make use of Kumeyuri. Either way Yura seems like the kind of 200IQ character who would be making big plays like that, judging by how he was at the Rakuzaichi.
The reason that I believe it partially is because I don't think they'd call someone so "uncontrollable" a trump card, instead of a 'last resort'. Trump card, IMO, seems to be something that is certain to be successful, but with some minor setbacks -- if it leads to huge setbacks, I'd call it differently.My take is that Samura is not actually on the Hishaku's side either. He's a third party acting within his own interests, that is, to kill the sword bearers. He definitely ratted out Kunishige's location to the Hishaku that led to the assassination, and it's probably because he sees Kunishige as a guilty party given that he created those things. And it's probably the only way to off Kunishige given that Shiba was around to protect him. A likely plan was that Samura would distract Shiba by inviting him out for tea while the Hishaku carried out the assassination. Still, I don't see someone who winces at the idea of a young man dying for his sake to be fully onboard with the Hishaku.
According to Yura, Hiruhiko was given full control over their forces, and he used all of them to attack Samura's temple. Yura also added that Hiruhiko seemed hesitant to use their 'trump card'.
![]()
I considered that their trump card was a person or a weapon that could match an enchanted blade, but it's also highly likely that it was Samura all along. The trump card Yura's talking about is simply handing over Tobimune to Samura. If we go by the assumption that Samura's acting on his own accord, that makes him a complete wild card for the Hishaku. A powerful tool and ally to their cause, but one they have zero control over. If that's the case, it makes sense that Hiruhiko was hesitant to use it. Yes, they gain a powerful 'ally' who will kill the sword bearers as they want, but this ally isn't on their side either, and would just as easily kill them as well. A double edged sword, but a true trump card that shifts the tides in their favor.
Hiruhiko's play was perhaps to hopefully take down two swordbearers in the attack, and that would give them full control over Tobimune and Kumeyuri. That would be the best possible plan. The second best was that Samura receives Tobimune and takes out Uruha of his own will, but leaves Tobimune in the hands of someone too powerful for the Hishaku to kill or control.
I was also expecting for Uruha to get te blade and Samura to sacrifice himself so the people at the temple could escape; never crosssed my mind the last development and he being actually a traitor.Which one is getting their blade Uruha or Samura.
My money is on Uruha