Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,443
Reaction score
39,325
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

1. No fights or personal insults.
2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of annoying or starting heated discussions, if i notice it, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comment will be deleted.
4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't relate about anime & manga outside the thread.
5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
7. No self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
8. Fanart posts just for the sake of posting is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post
9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
~ Shinuki


I hope everybody read these rules and follow it without problem, the comment will soon be sticked at the top of the thread to be visible in every page, so if any doubt about what to avoid doing, just check it, also if i feel like any new rule has to be added in the future, i will do. Thanks!

Obs: Rules about fanart edited!
 
Last edited:

TheRealTravisty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,324
Age
39
Country
Canada
I forgot to do my votes for the week. I'm going to try and write up my reasonings for this year now that I'm on a laptop again...

1. Undead Unluck
Kubo Tite would be proud. In all seriousness, this is a very interesting development, although it leaves me questions about Loop 100 when Fuuko got an artificial heart due to the incident with Ruin. I also love that Sean got to redeem himself for the past loop and unknowingly came up with the solution. Man, he's come so far.

2. Me & Roboco
I had to. Even if nothing much happened and this was earlier than I'd expected, I'm happy that Roboco ended up parodying my favourite Jump series. (When's the cover reference?) It's also interesting that the English translators for Roboco decided to leave the kanji for the negations but the translators for Undead Unluck erase them.

3. Sakamoto Days
Shin's development and reasoning make a ton of sense, and I really like the direction his character is heading down. With that old gambler showing up, I wonder what's going to happen next.

4. Mission Yozakura Family
Honestly, if Sakamoto Days hadn't been so good, I would've put this in third place. The reason why I rank this so highly is that we FINALLY got to see Futaba's Blooming, and it's beautiful. Yup, that's it.

5. Kagurabachi
Samura's presence keeps raising the series higher for me. He's such a fantastic character. Why are Shounen Jump's blind traitor characters always so cool?
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,079
Reaction score
1,979
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oricon is every Thursday. This week covered Nov 24 - Dec 01. This upcoming Thursday will have the Dec 4 releases.
I see, thanks for the info! I sometimes get really lost at it 😭
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,403
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Plan A is so good, easily my OP of the year
I think nothing is better than Dandanda op this year. And I'm not talking only of the op, the whole manga is Op. Elusive Samurai is mid, both the manga and the anime, and I can't understand how it managed to survive till now
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
3,840
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
I think nothing is better than Dandanda op this year. And I'm not talking only of the op, the whole manga is Op. Elusive Samurai is mid, both the manga and the anime, and I can't understand how it managed to survive till now
Haha, I think we're total opposites in that regard. Creepy Nuts OPs are just wayyyy too repetive for my liking. God knows how BBBB had the effect it did. I couldn't listen to it for more than two minutes before I felt I was going insane, same with Otonoke.

I'm weirdly fond of TES, and if nothing else it got a stellar adaptation so even detached from the source material you can at least watch and appreciate the art direction... if you're into kinda stuff, anyway. It's definetly a cut above what most series get. I'd kill for Cloverworks to pick up my favourite.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,358
Age
27
Country
Italy
Kagurabachi volume 1 has been the most sold manga volume in the USA market last November.

Amazing achievement here, but I can't say I'm overly surprised
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,358
Age
27
Country
Italy
Elusive Samurai is mid, both the manga and the anime, and I can't understand how it managed to survive till now
It's a series by a big veteran author which sold really really well for its first volumes (it decreased over time, but that's besides the point) and the anime did a good job boosting it, just not making it mainstream or anything.

As for quality, Elusam is just a big acquired taste. It's very unique, has an "historical" approach to pacing and narration and Matsui has a specific style to him. I disagree on it being mid, but it's an understandable opinion.
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,180
Reaction score
3,389
Age
26
Country
United States
Haha, I think we're total opposites in that regard. Creepy Nuts OPs are just wayyyy too repetive for my liking. God knows how BBBB had the effect it did. I couldn't listen to it for more than two minutes before I felt I was going insane, same with Otonoke.

I'm weirdly fond of TES, and if nothing else it got a stellar adaptation so even detached from the source material you can at least watch and appreciate the art direction... if you're into kinda stuff, anyway. It's definetly a cut above what most series get. I'd kill for Cloverworks to pick up my favourite.
I quite liked BBBB, but I think the Dandadan OP is w/e aside from the art direction. Tbf, it's probably just bias on my part since I quite like Mashle and detest almost every bit of Dandadan, aside from the art and animation.

I think nothing is better than Dandanda op this year. And I'm not talking only of the op, the whole manga is Op. Elusive Samurai is mid, both the manga and the anime, and I can't understand how it managed to survive till now
See, how you probably feel about EluSam is how I feel about Dandadan. I think Dandadan is awful source material made watchable by a great production. EluSam has been one of my favorites for a while, with the adaptation taking it to new heights for me. It's all taste, EluSam has a more narrow appeal is all.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,358
Age
27
Country
Italy
I think Dandadan is awful source material made watchable by a great production
Ok glad I'm not the only one that doesn't feel crazy about Dandadan lol

I wanted to try it again to see if I was missing something, but for the first read to me it was just an amazing artbook with some funny moments and that was that
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Kagurabachi has been announced in Spain by Planeta Comic!!

At least! I wonder what did they mean with "special surprises"

Now Nue's Exorcist is the only pre-2024 title to be licensed here
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
-Kagurabachi volume 1 the most sold manga in the entire month of November in USA
-It continues over Blue Box in both new volume and backlog in Japan, and BB has had a good anime boost
-Licensed in both Spain and Brazil
-Anime by Cygames "announced"
-Another cover last issue

This is being a crazy week
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top