Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,083
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

1. No fights or personal insults.
2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of annoying or starting heated discussions, if i notice it, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comment will be deleted.
4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't relate about anime & manga outside the thread.
5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
7. No self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
8. Fanart posts just for the sake of posting is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post
9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
~ Shinuki


I hope everybody read these rules and follow it without problem, the comment will soon be sticked at the top of the thread to be visible in every page, so if any doubt about what to avoid doing, just check it, also if i feel like any new rule has to be added in the future, i will do. Thanks!

Obs: Rules about fanart edited!
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
To this, I would say a lot of what you said is something you made up on your own. None of this is really in the text, and is subject to your interpretation. I could attempt to make Hakutaku interesting by saying there is a possibility of a government illuminati organization clamping down on aspiring indie devs in order to continue releasing AAA titles... It doesn't add anything since none of the text is in there and because I completely made it up.




To this...

...

I concede.



But to this, I'd like to probe. Tell me on this substance you see. It might open my eyes and change my interpretation.
I don't think I made it up on my own. It seems pretty clear by the panelwork those characters are in, and things said by them that there's something up with them. The emphasis of Ichi being stated to being the only male witch seems to imply there is something more there as well.
 

nemu asahi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
586
Reaction score
633
Age
43
Country
France
75 Kagurabachi 4
76 Empyreal Cabinet, an exorcist series in jump+,
78 Kagurabachi 1

LIke Phantom Busters (which is 10th) another missed opportunity for Weekly Shonen Jump where incredibly well performing exorcist series are serialized elsewhere.

Editor in Chief must be kicking himself over these missed opportunities
Maybe he never had the chance to see it? Like an editor of SQ got first in touch with (scouted) the author and they worked together from that point on the manga, not the author making the manga and then meeting a lot of editors to get her manga published...
 

KyuKyu555

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Messages
332
Reaction score
195
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
My choice for Issue #1 of 2025:

1. One Piece 1132
2. Undead Unluck 233
3. Witch Watch 181

4. Sakamoto Days 192
5. Blue Box 175
6. Ichi the Witch 13
7. Me & Roboco 212
8. Syd Craft: Love is a Mystery 3
9. Hunter x Hunter 409
10. Akane-banashi 137
11. Mission: Yozakura Family 253
12. Ruri Dragon 25
13. Astro Royale 32
14. Hima-Ten! 21
15. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 23
16. Shinobi Undercover 12
17. Hakutaku 11
18. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 41

Sorry for being sooooo late.😅

Also I feel a bit iffy about the placement of 13-17🤔🧐
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There were a lot of good chapters this week🙂
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
3,385
Age
26
Country
United States
To this, I would say a lot of what you said is something you made up on your own. None of this is really in the text, and is subject to your interpretation. I could attempt to make Hakutaku interesting by saying there is a possibility of a government illuminati organization clamping down on aspiring indie devs in order to continue releasing AAA titles... It doesn't add anything since none of the text is in there and because I completely made it up.
Shame, that's the most interesting sentence I've heard with the word Hakutaku in it. I swear, you know you've screwed up as a flop when even the discourse around it is boring, even Shadow Eliminators got some decent discussion. Speaking of which, apparently that GIGA one-shot he did is really horny. So looking forward to that getting translated.


Shinobi Undercover released its cv, and it's doing decently well, 40K views in 2 days is much better than what Kiyoshi was doing and a decent bit better than what Hima-ten was doing, they both got viewership boosts after v1 and are around 70K after 1-2 months, but around this time Hima-ten was at 30K and Kiyoshi was at 15K. Obviously, you can't take too much stock in this, but I am rooting for this series.
 

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
703
Reaction score
1,894
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
I can't disagree with how shallow Ichi feels initially, like it reminds me a ton of early Iruma where the pacing is kinda just slow and doesn't really grab you but you can see it's building to something as chapters go on. Iruma was a very good binge for me and I will give Nishi every bit of deserved goodwill from it and the mafia spin-off (has no right to be this good either) so I'm just letting a lot of my apparent criticism about Ichi's supposedness shallowness slide because I'm yet to be disappointed by Nishi Osamu's ability to deliver something substantial and interesting over time. Next chapter will be the big tell though, as it seems we're getting a lot of important things with a potential villain + cover issue attention.


Hell, imma keep it real I gave Kagurabachi less grace at this point in time and now I can't stop glazing the series to no end as it only got better with time, and that's with a new author. I'm more ok with having Ichi continue as is because of the established quantity I am familiar with and can safely bet it's going to be the hit Jump is looking for with 2024's new series.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hell, imma keep it real I gave Kagurabachi less grace at this point in time and now I can't stop glazing the series to no end as it only got better with time, and that's with a new author. I'm more ok with having Ichi continue as is because of the established quantity I am familiar with and can safely bet it's going to be the hit Jump is looking for with 2024's new series.
Imma keep it real with ya. I liked Kagurabachi for what it set out to be. However, I eventually lost interest in it pretty fast. No thanks to Hokazono trying desperately to catch readers‘ eyes while (almost) completely ignoring character work. I mean, I get why, but unfortunately, he really lost me with the all-too-serious approach to the story. It’s why I’ve dropped it, and I likely will have a very hard time being convinced to get back into it.

If I had to compare the series, it would be similar to…..Goblin Slayer. The latter however, immediately interested me in the MC, because just as you finish the first chapter, the audience is given a clear indication what’s underneath the mask, and everyone is made curious.

Chihiro…..is not that.
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
4,805
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Imma keep it real with ya. I liked Kagurabachi for what it set out to be. However, I eventually lost interest in it pretty fast. No thanks to Hokazono trying desperately to catch readers‘ eyes while (almost) completely ignoring character work. I mean, I get why, but unfortunately, he really lost me with the all-too-serious approach to the story. It’s why I’ve dropped it, and I likely will have a very hard time being convinced to get back into it.

If I had to compare the series, it would be similar to…..Goblin Slayer. The latter however, immediately interested me in the MC, because just as you finish the first chapter, the audience is given a clear indication what’s underneath the mask, and everyone is made curious.

Chihiro…..is not that.
Time to start a Kagurabachi discourse to discredit your opinion because yours is wrong and mine is correct!

*insert wall of text here*

So basically you are a doodoohead and I am the smart!
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,976
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shoseki Ranking Top 500
1. My Hero Academia #42
3. Kagurabachi #5
4. Blue Box #18
8. The Elusive Samurai #18
15. Mission: Yozakura Family #27
17. Nue's Exorcist #7
25. Astro Royale #3
I know that it doesnt matter, but what was astro’s first ranking at shoseki for volume 2
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Time to start a Kagurabachi discourse to discredit your opinion because yours is wrong and mine is correct!

*insert wall of text here*

So basically you are a doodoohead and I am the smart!
Seriously? As if it’s not enough you’re Malay, and I’m Indo….

Fine. Come at me bro. :cookiefinger
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,459
Reaction score
3,338
Age
27
Country
Italy
Time to start a Kagurabachi discourse to discredit your opinion because yours is wrong and mine is correct!

*insert wall of text here*

So basically you are a doodoohead and I am the smart!
So, in conclusion, Nue better
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
3,448
Country
United Nations
I like how Ichi's world is more fantastical and not overly focused on structures and lore. It's not telling me there are amazing creatures and places that I'll be able to see after some exam arc and 50 chapters of build up, we actually get to see these things from the start.
 

Dogmagril

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
207
Reaction score
437
Age
21
Country
United States
So is there any youtubers who do videos on jumpy you guys watch that you reccomend?

Trentinart's History of Shonen Jump is real good, real informative about a bunch of seires, half which is next to impossible to find or read. Manga Crash is pretty good too

I know there is an YouTube series similar to it but I forgot the name and is in French and i can't not speak French and YouTube subtitles are real finnicky.


I love to find new youtubers with actual informative content than an anime recap.

Podcasts and/or blogs you reccomend would be cool too.
 

nemu asahi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
586
Reaction score
633
Age
43
Country
France
Imma keep it real with ya. I liked Kagurabachi for what it set out to be. However, I eventually lost interest in it pretty fast. No thanks to Hokazono trying desperately to catch readers‘ eyes while (almost) completely ignoring character work. I mean, I get why, but unfortunately, he really lost me with the all-too-serious approach to the story. It’s why I’ve dropped it, and I likely will have a very hard time being convinced to get back into it.
I could have written that. I feel the same. I need more than cool characters and cool action to get emotionally involved in a story...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So is there any youtubers who do videos on jumpy you guys watch that you reccomend?

Trentinart's History of Shonen Jump is real good, real informative about a bunch of seires, half which is next to impossible to find or read. Manga Crash is pretty good too

I know there is an YouTube series similar to it but I forgot the name and is in French and i can't not speak French and YouTube subtitles are real finnicky.


I love to find new youtubers with actual informative content than an anime recap.

Podcasts and/or blogs you reccomend would be cool too.
I have a good one but in Japanese, and without subs (I think), but it's a good one, with analysis in depth. カズガタリ - YouTube

I have a Japanese guy too who explains Japanese taxes and how to get taxes exemptions so simply than even I can understand. Tell me if you need it. :derp
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
So is there any youtubers who do videos on jumpy you guys watch that you reccomend?

Trentinart's History of Shonen Jump is real good, real informative about a bunch of seires, half which is next to impossible to find or read. Manga Crash is pretty good too

I know there is an YouTube series similar to it but I forgot the name and is in French and i can't not speak French and YouTube subtitles are real finnicky.


I love to find new youtubers with actual informative content than an anime recap.

Podcasts and/or blogs you reccomend would be cool too.
These are more for fun listen/watch to put in the background while you doing other things


Uncensored animepodcast (recently on hiatus, still wishing them coming back)

Life with anime podcast

Shonen pulse

[These 2 do more than just jump magazines read]

Unmasked man

Broken ronin (this one also do live stream)

For informative, unmasked man is the only closest one in the list


Edited: more

The weekly manga podcast

Sufferents
 
Last edited:

TheRealTravisty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,324
Age
39
Country
Canada
So is there any youtubers who do videos on jumpy you guys watch that you reccomend?

Trentinart's History of Shonen Jump is real good, real informative about a bunch of seires, half which is next to impossible to find or read. Manga Crash is pretty good too

I know there is an YouTube series similar to it but I forgot the name and is in French and i can't not speak French and YouTube subtitles are real finnicky.


I love to find new youtubers with actual informative content than an anime recap.

Podcasts and/or blogs you reccomend would be cool too.
Weekly Manga Recap is one of my favourites!

If JCB were still around I’m sure he could recommend a ton. I’ll look into the ones posted here too. I could use more podcasts during my commute.
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
775
Reaction score
1,235
Age
25
Country
United States
I’m liking how disagreeing yet civil the past page or so of Ichi discourse and such is… I’d chime in myself but I’m chronically bad at disliking things unless it actively goes against my tastes so I just eat up all the series most of the time, haha.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
So is there any youtubers who do videos on jumpy you guys watch that you reccomend?

Trentinart's History of Shonen Jump is real good, real informative about a bunch of seires, half which is next to impossible to find or read. Manga Crash is pretty good too

I know there is an YouTube series similar to it but I forgot the name and is in French and i can't not speak French and YouTube subtitles are real finnicky.


I love to find new youtubers with actual informative content than an anime recap.

Podcasts and/or blogs you reccomend would be cool too.
Youtuber similar to trentin & crash


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top