Not bloodthirsty but I like to have that option. I don't think I have ever had these roles before too besides maybe Badass Cowboy(or perhaps it was only because of a game mechanic)
G'day cunts! What a lovely theme and I really like the use of AI for these avatars, they're all pretty fitting
Demon looked a bit odd making that bid in the thread, the mech clearly stated bids need to be done via PM and I'm not sure if I would signal bidding intentions today just to be safe from giving mafia a good option for a kill
I don't really think his open Bid is Alignment Indicative, plus even if people discussed there bids here, we won't know if they are being truthful at the time they post the message, or if they change etc... so I think it doesn't matter too much.
Some people could say 1 thing and suggest a bid of y, but actually select something else and a bid of x.
It doesn't really matter, the goals the same, find Mafia, end the game.
You have a point that it mightn't be alignment indicative but I do find it odd that someone like him who is usually on top of things would fumble like that.
So quick catching up while walking, James reasoning is quack, Van explained it pretty well. Mafia Demon is generally max apathetic to any accusations or pressure so that bothers me, but James looks worse as in trying to drum up a lynch while seemingly not understanding the mechanic well at the time.
My vote atm is between Baka for similarly flimsy Demon reasoning but even flimsier than James, and Sam for doing the classic mafia „oh this guy that has most votes is an interesting person to vote on wink wink“
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Liking/green so far: Vand, Pigeon
--- Double Post Merged, ---
That said if Demon is scum my other reads fall apart, unless it‘s a 2 mafia team game. Hm. I feel like we havent had those in a while and maybe the hosts went for more scum teams.
Hmm, I wonder what the hosts cooked for the mafia mech wise. Most of the Evas are town -relevant, and the others revolve around trading/investigating/stealing MHT? This feels way too passive scum wise so I doubt mafia started out vanilla as well. Haven’t thought too much about what Eva to bid on but I’ll likely go low. I can’t quite get myself to analyze too deeply so early.
People of interest to me rn are James, Demon and Van. Demon is…demon. Stating his bid in thread feels intentional, and seems more in line with what scum Demon would do. Then again, he’s pretty much always scum. James dropping walls on why that was sus is also interesting but also doesn’t feel too out of character. Van debating James was fair but my initial thoughts was that it seemed more like covering for Demon. The issue isn’t that Demon would need said cover but having been on a team with Van recently, this feels like him exercising plausibly deniability. Basically, regardless of Demon, James alignment, it felt like Van took advantage of the situation to “contribute”. Might be harsh analysis but that’s just my initial thought
Hmm, I wonder what the hosts cooked for the mafia mech wise. Most of the Evas are town -relevant, and the others revolve around trading/investigating/stealing MHT? This feels way too passive scum wise so I doubt mafia started out vanilla as well. Haven’t thought too much about what Eva to bid on but I’ll likely go low. I can’t quite get myself to analyze too deeply so early.
People of interest to me rn are James, Demon and Van. Demon is…demon. Stating his bid in thread feels intentional, and seems more in line with what scum Demon would do. Then again, he’s pretty much always scum. James dropping walls on why that was sus is also interesting but also doesn’t feel too out of character. Van debating James was fair but my initial thoughts was that it seemed more like covering for Demon. The issue isn’t that Demon would need said cover but having been on a team with Van recently, this feels like him exercising plausibly deniability. Basically, regardless of Demon, James alignment, it felt like Van took advantage of the situation to “contribute”. Might be harsh analysis but that’s just my initial thought
Don't see how this game could be balanced if Mafia doesn't have the same handicap. If they have roles + Eva list they can bid simply to stop Town from getting specific roles.
It seems to suggest that mafias are also all vanilla with only access to townie roles, so 9 EVAs for 19 players means only half are going to have roles on N1, everyone else will be roleless.
At least the kills are going to be the classical "you dead bc you're a good player" without the phoniness hiding the motives behind a role claim 🫠
Im not too sure about the "be careful Jinx not to them mafia what you want" threat tbh, seems to be like a lost cause from mafia perspective, since the robots are all reusable
You sure you don't mean vote out Townies?
--- Double Post Merged, Today at 2:22 AM, Original Post Date: Today at 2:21 AM ---
The less Townies there are, the more likely we will eventually remove all the Mafia.
We have the
-"don't put a mafia target on your head bc of the role claim" faction, (no)
-"let's cumbaya my lord & make a plan" faction, (yes)
-"don't make a plan, bc it's just transparent for mafia" faction, (no)
-and "full transparency/demon" faction (yes)
Think I'll place myself more on the no spectrum as of right now, as in whats the point, it only benefits mafia. You?
Don't see how this game could be balanced if Mafia doesn't have the same handicap. If they have roles + Eva list they can bid simply to stop Town from getting specific roles.
Thats something couple of people picked up on, apparently, such as James and dislexic pigeon? Catching up caught myself more than one time on the note to reread the OP, didn't get it on the first or second read.
Hmm, I wonder what the hosts cooked for the mafia mech wise. Most of the Evas are town -relevant, and the others revolve around trading/investigating/stealing MHT? This feels way too passive scum wise so I doubt mafia started out vanilla as well.