Games Mafia Game 127 - Neon Genesis Omongelion - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
How was mafia DD in games you played with him or saw him play? Here he‘s usually all over the place, often voting teammates as well, making it difficult to learn much from his interactions or votes.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Why ask those 4 in particular? And do you have any thoughts of your own or are you just a medium?
I haven't really played more than 1 Game against Mafia!DD, and even that was the last MangaHelpers Game that was a Toss of a Coin between Neutral or Mafia Win with me having 0 Chance to win for Town.

DD's posting this game, was very similar to the last MangaHelpers game for sure, but he does have a tendency to go anonymous.

On Mafia Universe, I watched one of his Mafia Gamed, and honestly he collapse under pressure quite a lot, to the point where he Fake Claimed Day 1, which drew a PR Counter-Claim, but it wasn't enough to stop him getting Lynched, effectively clearing the other person and making them a must kill for Mafia.

I generally get the feeling DD is a much better Town Player than he is Mafia, which is the inverse of me as it happens.

I'm generally terrible as Town, and tend to control from the shadows as Mafia.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,393
Gender
Male
Country
France
The difference between Holt and Evil to me is that Evil sounded more reasonable overall. Both ended up voting Pom and yesterday the James vote from Evil felt really random. Holt locked on Baka, but did he really think it would succeed? He is confirmed Town now, but still.

Don‘t think it‘s a strat worth going for, for mafia, to steal and kill same night, if it‘s both priority 3 which it should be. Hm.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



What was your issue with Holt?
Why not. They just need to make the right decisions.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Honestly don't know how you can suspect Holt but not Evil. I think they have been pretty similar overall.
I evaluated the Holt vote against day 1 voting which includes an opinion of Evil at the time, which is in that post I quoted to GrySun.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

D1 felt good about Holt generally
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Redid my bid. My bid was mid-ish.

I'm more observing for now as I am at a Christmas party, so just saying these things:

~ Demon's public bid didn't strike me red, but do note that some have felt how he's reacted to the reactions of his actions to be mafia demon behaviour
~ In a sense it is more odd how James/Baka reacted, as has been pointed out, but again they didn't strike me red
~ Jinx and Holt feels the most town to me, similar to what Evil wrote. Similarly Evil I feel I can trust for now
~ pls no lovers...
^D1 me
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
To people who played on other sites. Are these rush of votes common there as well?
Sadly, Yes.

They are commonly referred to as CFD's or FD's.

CFD = Chinese Fire Drill (Random Normally Mass Manic Vote Switches in Last Hour)

For Obvious Reasons, it's more appropriate to just consider them RFD's (Random Fire Drills).

Town Players tend to Switch Votes with no concern for how it may look, how they might be portrayed by a switch or whether they need to self-pres.

Mafia Players tend to use more Common Sense to emulate the response you were "expect" from a Townie, but the sad fact is, Townies can do Batshit Stuff and be Town, where as Mafia can use the wrong word or term of phrase and be outed/caught off something so minuscule it rarely matters in the game.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I have returned from the hospital, took a bit longer than expected but all went okay :)

Mafia is probably Evil, Desin, Marm and Pigeon?
--- Double Post Merged, 42 minutes ago ---
I forgot James. Either Marm or James.
Reasoning for suspecting that group?

Not quite sure, Jinx is giving me the jeebies. Looking heavily for cultist mech owner yesterday, maybe concluded it was Van and took him out, or even stole his mind points to boot him out.
You think she'd coordinate a Van kill after he prevented her from realising her mason kink?

I don't think Evil is mafia but then again been wrong so far. Might actually help me green eye some of you others if he's lynched.
You must have a $12 price tag because you seem like a Woolworths Country Style Cooked Chook atm. I'd like to hear some reasoning for this.

Hard for me to roll on you coz I've been missing in action and coz I'll look like a prick for saying this but these are the type of excuses I look for in mafia Sam. And just after you were not killed.
Pot meet kettle
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
WHAT THE FRIG IS GOING ON, WHO IS BEING SAVED WHO IS BEING KILLED there are too many trains
Glad that Lawl hit a Baller Shot on DD, as otherwise I would have tunneled DD to oblivion for this post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He is townie
This feels like DD trying to project spew, rather than fact.

Reminder that Baka is still a decent vote.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I evaluated the Holt vote against day 1 voting which includes an opinion of Evil at the time, which is in that post I quoted to GrySun.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

D1 felt good about Holt generally
--- Double Post Merged, ---



^D1 me
Despite all those quotes and posts, I still dont understand where your opinions of Evil and Holt diverged, and what one did or didn‘t do to become more/less trusted than the other.
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone link me the Day 2 ending Vote Sheet thingy?

Struggling to find it 😂 I can only see Day 1 & Day 3
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Sadly, Yes.

They are commonly referred to as CFD's or FD's.

CFD = Chinese Fire Drill (Random Normally Mass Manic Vote Switches in Last Hour)

For Obvious Reasons, it's more appropriate to just consider them RFD's (Random Fire Drills).

Town Players tend to Switch Votes with no concern for how it may look, how they might be portrayed by a switch or whether they need to self-pres.

Mafia Players tend to use more Common Sense to emulate the response you were "expect" from a Townie, but the sad fact is, Townies can do Batshit Stuff and be Town, where as Mafia can use the wrong word or term of phrase and be outed/caught off something so minuscule it rarely matters in the game.
Wouldn‘t those miniscule mafia slipups be indistinguishable from town players doing weird things? Or are the mafia ones always more miniscule?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Days Passed
🤖 Angels Slain 👼
Voting Day 1 / End of Day 1
Voting Day 2 / End of Day 2
Voting Day 3 / End of Day 3
Voting Day 4 / End of Day 4
​
@AnimePigeon refer to this, at the bottom of the opening post.
Here the first post of the game is often updated with useful links.
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn‘t those miniscule mafia slipups be indistinguishable from town players doing weird things? Or are the mafia ones always more miniscule?
The Mafia Slip-ups are normally very small but all it takes is someone to misinterpret a post as TMI and your done for.
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
We have DD Dead & Confirmed Mafia, so starting there might be the best way to try and see if there is anyone that we can link with DD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

DD, James & Baka voting Demonspeed Day 1

We now know and have confirmed DD Mafia & Lawl, Pom, Holt, Vandred Townie
Today I think we vote Baka and we get a Mafia gone.

Baka & DD seem tied imo via voting.

DD said Baka is Townie, yet voted them...
𓆩✧𓆪 Day 2 Voting/Duration 𓆩✧𓆪

Voting 17/17
Holt x4
- (Baka #563, Demon #631/#741, Bran #681/#752, Jinx #688, Sam #762)
Evil x3
- (Gry #590/#744, Baka #608, Misha #693)
James x3
- (Erin #564, Evil #682, Marm #684)
Baka 2x - (DD #521/#761, Holt #584/ #723)
Desin x2
- (Pigeon #578, Tatsu #632)
Gry x2
- (Evil #603, James #650, Desin #743)
Jinx x1
- (Van #754)



Ps.: After Day 1, we'll spoiler images in the OP to improve the navigation.


DAY DURATION
☆⋆。𖦹°‧★
--- Double Post Merged, ---

He is townie
Hmm - maybe he did mean Holt, but this feels like it more like Spewing Town Baka when they are Mafia, knowing if DD flips, it would give Baka some credibility space.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I guess Van's remark about you was spot on then :heh.
You'll have to flip me to see ;)
--- Double Post Merged, ---

ok i'm back to thinking desin and DD have to be traitors... or direct mafia, can't understand this logic sorry.
This post feels very convenient...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am not sure I understand. You have people in Town Lean-Null-Mafia Lean but you vote for someone in Null?
To clear this up, I put Desin in my Mafia Leans with Baka, but I duplicated the line when I went between tabs and it got messed up.

Will be doing another one today to reflect my current headspace.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I think it‘s interesting that Baka is going through a gauntlet of sorts, having a different person fight her every day. She‘s winning the gauntlet so far.

That said mr bird, DD later did clarify he meant Holt. Who was in the end town. So DD was pushing for lynching Baka over Holt who was town. Votes were close enough so thats a dangerous game to play with a teammate.

Keep in mind that DD was not really distrusted at that point either, and had no way of knowing he‘d be killed anytime soon.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I have returned from the hospital, took a bit longer than expected but all went okay :)
That's good to hear

Despite all those quotes and posts, I still dont understand where your opinions of Evil and Holt diverged, and what one did or didn‘t do to become more/less trusted than the other.
Yea I write walls always

Holt had the worst vote of the lot on D1. That's the point of divergence you're seeking
 

AnimePigeon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
549
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
That's good to hear



Yea I write walls always

Holt had the worst vote of the lot on D1. That's the point of divergence you're seeking
It's actually baffling that the Day 1 Vote wasn't one of Holt, Desin or Demonspeed - not that I particularly wanted any of those people to flip.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What made it worse than Evil‘s?
This

Didn't see the pom train in its glory I guess my vibe read on her two posts at the time was a bad move but I see Holt's vote fairly questionable when it didn't seem he was onto her but maybe he felt the vibe similarly (of pompom) hence the vote. Would he call this type of attention to himself as mafia? Idk. Evil also locked late on pompom without obviously saving but could it be a subtle save? I do recall him sussing pom tho so there's that.
It's funner answering this way
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
@Lawl Po Bia YOU BEAUTIFUL BANSHEE YOU! GG

Having said that, i have a busy day today at work and will rejoin a bit later in the evening
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
lawl is very clutch as banshee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's actually baffling that the Day 1 Vote wasn't one of Holt, Desin or Demonspeed - not that I particularly wanted any of those people to flip.
Yea when I went to bed that day thought we would see dead dead demon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top