Is this a thread we can share our Letterboxd accounts in?
Anyways, I didn't know this thread was here. Movies are my biggest passion, so I'll try and be activeish here.
Is this a thread we can share our Letterboxd accounts in?
Anyways, I didn't know this thread was here. Movies are my biggest passion, so I'll try and be activeish here.
Been meaning to ask this as well, haven't been as active here as of late cause I started leaving a review for everything I watch on letterboxd, on my third year doing that.
I work at a movie theater. Minecraft is wild. Kids singing, dancing, and clapping at the end every showing (also the Suits trend is back like it's 2022 all over again).
Been meaning to ask this as well, haven't been as active here as of late cause I started leaving a review for everything I watch on letterboxd, on my third year doing that.
I work at a movie theater. Minecraft is wild. Kids singing, dancing, and clapping at the end every showing (also the Suits trend is back like it's 2022 all over again).
So wild.
I went with my gf and her son on Friday. He loved it, but ngl I thought it was so awful and had one of the worst theatre experiences of my life. Feels like theatre ettiquite is dead. All the pre-teens screaming, and clapping at every scene, and moms refusing to bring out their babies when crying. Was not great lol. Really wanted to like it too.
Absolutely amazing and totally worth of experiencing in the teather.
Just every aspect of the film was near perfect, but especially the characters and the music were sublime. That one scene (won't spoil anything) is already a classic that will be a film school study staple for decades for sure.
I recommend going in as blindly as possible. I only saw the original trailer, which didn't really reveal anything about the story, but was still extremely captivating. And I'm happy everything came to me as a surprise. (Probably good to be aware that it is an R rated film though)
Best new film I've seen since Everything Everywhere All at Once.
Do not read if you have not seen it:
The possibility that the best film of 2025 could be a horror musical definitely wasn't on my bingo card, but I'm glad it happened
Caught the chinese movie Blades of the Guardians here.
It was really good and managed to avoid using magic which made it incredibly refreshing. I wish there was more sword fighting movies, the desert environment felt unique too and the character writing and acting was awesome.
The Monkey was here to greet all of his friends ... but there is no Oscar Contest. Where there is such ugliness in the world, should not a handsome monkey be allowed to correctly predict documentary shorts and stuff??? The Monkey will ponder and try to understand ... but he will send love to all regardless.
The Monkey was here to greet all of his friends ... but there is no Oscar Contest. Where there is such ugliness in the world, should not a handsome monkey be allowed to correctly predict documentary shorts and stuff??? The Monkey will ponder and try to understand ... but he will send love to all regardless.