Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,164
Reaction score
4,674
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Watched the Substance

The Substance was inspired by episode 4 "The Outside" of Guillermo Del Toro's, Cabinet of Curiosities.

If anyone's interested in the origins story, they can check it out.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Is this a thread we can share our Letterboxd accounts in?
Anyways, I didn't know this thread was here. Movies are my biggest passion, so I'll try and be activeish here.
 

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Is this a thread we can share our Letterboxd accounts in?
Anyways, I didn't know this thread was here. Movies are my biggest passion, so I'll try and be activeish here.
Been meaning to ask this as well, haven't been as active here as of late cause I started leaving a review for everything I watch on letterboxd, on my third year doing that.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I work at a movie theater. Minecraft is wild. Kids singing, dancing, and clapping at the end every showing (also the Suits trend is back like it's 2022 all over again).
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Been meaning to ask this as well, haven't been as active here as of late cause I started leaving a review for everything I watch on letterboxd, on my third year doing that.
Well, if so.
‎Wyld Violet’s profile • Letterboxd
Feel free to follow me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I work at a movie theater. Minecraft is wild. Kids singing, dancing, and clapping at the end every showing (also the Suits trend is back like it's 2022 all over again).
So wild.
I went with my gf and her son on Friday. He loved it, but ngl I thought it was so awful and had one of the worst theatre experiences of my life. Feels like theatre ettiquite is dead. All the pre-teens screaming, and clapping at every scene, and moms refusing to bring out their babies when crying. Was not great lol. Really wanted to like it too.
 

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
You've probably heard/read enough about it already, but "Sinners" is absolutely worth the praise and should be experienced on the big screen.

I might go see it a 2nd time on Imax, which I've only done once before for Dune 2.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
You've probably heard/read enough about it already, but "Sinners" is absolutely worth the praise and should be experienced on the big screen.

I might go see it a 2nd time on Imax, which I've only done once before for Dune 2.
Saw it yesterday as well.

Absolutely amazing and totally worth of experiencing in the teather.

Just every aspect of the film was near perfect, but especially the characters and the music were sublime. That one scene (won't spoil anything) is already a classic that will be a film school study staple for decades for sure.

I recommend going in as blindly as possible. I only saw the original trailer, which didn't really reveal anything about the story, but was still extremely captivating. And I'm happy everything came to me as a surprise. (Probably good to be aware that it is an R rated film though)

Best new film I've seen since Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Do not read if you have not seen it:

The possibility that the best film of 2025 could be a horror musical definitely wasn't on my bingo card, but I'm glad it happened
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Paul Thomas Anderson's One Battle After Another is freakin' fantastic!

VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,164
Reaction score
4,674
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Caught the chinese movie Blades of the Guardians here.

It was really good and managed to avoid using magic which made it incredibly refreshing. I wish there was more sword fighting movies, the desert environment felt unique too and the character writing and acting was awesome.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Where is Oscar Prediction thread for this year @Riku?
 

George Monkey

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
44
Age
41
Country
United States
The Monkey was here to greet all of his friends ... but there is no Oscar Contest. Where there is such ugliness in the world, should not a handsome monkey be allowed to correctly predict documentary shorts and stuff??? The Monkey will ponder and try to understand ... but he will send love to all regardless.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
The Monkey was here to greet all of his friends ... but there is no Oscar Contest. Where there is such ugliness in the world, should not a handsome monkey be allowed to correctly predict documentary shorts and stuff??? The Monkey will ponder and try to understand ... but he will send love to all regardless.
I just made the survey, I'll make a thread next :nod
 
Top