Spoiler One Piece Spoiler Hints Discussion

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,540
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's not a matter of races. It's a matter of places.
It's the time in Elbaph Vs. the time in the human world (or anywhere besides Elbaph and maybe the little Garden).
In Elbaph, the time goes by slowly and even a human is impacted by it. Gaban thought 3 or 4 years has been since Roger's death while for Shanks it was a decade.
We have also Imu who thinks the knights are late when it wasn't that long since their arrival.
Not to mention the warning at the beginning of the arc against staying too long in Elbaph.
I'm assuming if a giant spent much time outside of Elbaph, he will age faster compared to a giant who hasn't been outside for a long period. Dorry and Brogy are looking younger than Saul🙄
But what are you saying?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's also possible the time curse of Elbaf is built into giant lineage, and it's not something they have to be there for. IE maybe people from 3000 years ago settled this magical land that gigantified them, and part of that process was adapting to a different time flow. I'm wildly spitballing, but I don't want to *not* have it written down publicly just in case lol

I wouldn't have thought about this until the whole "they mature 3x as slowly, same as they age" thing. If it was just a mundane biological difference, they should still mature at a faster rate than 3x as slow. The amount of external life experience they get isn't somehow also slowed down, a 27 year old Collun has still gone through 27 years of experience... as a child.

There's some magical mystery going on with giants that isn't just their big size and strength. "Ancient giants", this age/maturity thing, Elbaf having giant flora and fauna, buccaneers being connected to them somehow. Actually pretty jazzed to figure out this mystery
Uh, do you know that the guanti lives outsider of Elbaph, yes?
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Uh, do you know that the guanti lives outsider of Elbaph, yes?
...Gloves? I assume you meant giants? Uh, yes? Literally my first sentence says what I meant about exactly this (?)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Definitely not! I mean in the sense that they will argue and argue and defend that character to death. They have blocked me because I shot down their "Yamato is the next Straw Hat" theory. I think it's Vivi (who is technically a Straw Hat anyways) and Loki has been the most recent to be asked lol.

Anyways, wise choice and that brings up the question.

When will Luffy see the "X" on Vivi's hand? She is to be tied back into the story soon!!
Oh I know what you meant I was just being cheeky. Lol I wish this site had a block function, there's only "ignore".

It's hard to imagine Vivi as we knew her being on the crew and not instantly being a liability. Maybe she got stronger over the timeskip and we just haven't seen it but yeesh the gap in power between Alabasta and Elbaf is insane. I doubt it's going to happen but Vivi with the Paw Paw would be baller.
 

Kuroiyaiba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
2,491
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
In the Vicre Cards it says she was born in Drum.

I don't think the princess seen in this chapter will have a role.
My problem with Vivre Cards is I miss them out ocassionally. Anyway thanks for telling me that should rule out her being a princess. And well I‘m not to serious on the princess call, guess this was only supposed to be a short shocking moment.
But as Kureha did live for quire a while, her making an appearance in someone‘s flashback would not be too surprising IMO.
 

electricmastro

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
4,769
Reaction score
3,643
Age
30
Country
United States
My problem with Vivre Cards is I miss them out ocassionally. Anyway thanks for telling me that should rule out her being a princess. And well I‘m not to serious on the princess call, guess this was only supposed to be a short shocking moment.
But as Kureha did live for quire a while, her making an appearance in someone‘s flashback would not be too surprising IMO.
Only if it's relevant. Would depend on how much Kureha affiliated herself with Giants.
 

Kuroiyaiba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
2,491
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I say the princess might be relevant.
I wonder if one of these is about Wano, or if the baby hint was.
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,540
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
In another gif you can see a newborn baby, so I imagine that in this chapter we will see the meeting with Hajdurin's mother (who let's remember is a giantess not from Elbaf)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I would say that this page should disprove any story about time passing differently in Elbaf, since Pimo and Karsee clearly say that Dori and Brogi have been missing from Elabf for forty years in Linlin's time and they talk about going to get them within ten years.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I legitimately cannot wait for it to be revealed that time flows the same on Elbaf as it does everywhere else.
The flashback takes place 14 years ago. Since the timescale according to narration is 3x, it means that we're looking at 3-4 years passing in "Elbaf time."
Does Gaban look 4 years younger? Or does he look a decade younger? (to be fair, sometimes you cant trust manga aging)
Yeah. I cannot wait. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But man, I'm going to love it if I'm not.

Hints wise, I saw evil stepmother, and the birth of a child, so I guess that's covering the wives of the king.
But not only that, as mentioned, if time passed differently in Elabf, Oimo and Karsee certainly wouldn't have missed the long absence of their captains, right?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm assuming if a giant spent much time outside of Elbaph, he will age faster compared to a giant who hasn't been outside for a long period. Dorry and Brogy are looking younger than Saul
It doesn't seem so to me, honestly.
 

marco1701

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
125
Reaction score
75
Age
49
Country
Italy
He said it in Robin's flashback? Glancing over just now I only know he was born in South Blue from the vivrecard
Yeah, just when they met, in chapter 392.

He said there are several races of giants, and he's from one different from Elbaf's.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,540
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
There are several tribes of giants in One Piece.

Morley, Wold and Sauro were born in other Sea.

Even Odr was born in North Blue
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yeah, just when they met, in chapter 392.

He said there are several races of giants, and he's from one different from Elbaf's.


I'd really like a deeper dig on this translation, because if I had a nickel for everyone who despised their homeland for ideological reasons-

Though now that this arc has made it clear there are other nations of giants, now I'm potentially more interested in if Saul came from one of these non-Warland nations, or if he was born and also raised in the South Blue. Seems conspicuous we just got that distinction that the Warland Kingdom is just colloquially called Elbaf, but Elbaf is the name of the island and presumably has other giant nations
 

marco1701

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
125
Reaction score
75
Age
49
Country
Italy


I'd really like a deeper dig on this translation, because if I had a nickel for everyone who despised their homeland for ideological reasons-
"Don't lump me in with savages LIKE THE ELBAPH"

Here in your translation he is clearly stating that he is not one of them, not that he's a gentle Elbaf. Crystal clear.
Other translations mention other races as "gentler", but in all Saul is intended as not from Elbaf.
 

Baes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
341
Reaction score
320
Age
28
Country
Brazil
It was said He was 45 years in Elbaf calendar which is 15 years human calendar.
Yes. He was 45 when he became king.

It is not said that the flashback of chapter 1152 is happening at this time
 

wing_gundam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
878
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's not a matter of races. It's a matter of places.
It's the time in Elbaph Vs. the time in the human world (or anywhere besides Elbaph and maybe the little Garden).
In Elbaph, the time goes by slowly and even a human is impacted by it. Gaban thought 3 or 4 years has been since Roger's death while for Shanks it was a decade.
We have also Imu who thinks the knights are late when it wasn't that long since their arrival.
Not to mention the warning at the beginning of the arc against staying too long in Elbaph.
I'm assuming if a giant spent much time outside of Elbaph, he will age faster compared to a giant who hasn't been outside for a long period. Dorry and Brogy are looking younger than Saul🙄
That time slows down is a theory, not proven, and unfortunately you picked the worst example. Dorry and Broggy have been fighting in Little Garden for like 100 year.

Per the Semi official timeline,
- D&B were born 160 years ago,
- Saul 127.
- They've been fighting for 102 years outside of Elbaph.
- Saul has only been on Elbaph for 22 years.

And you're saying that time moves more slowly there? That they are younger looking than Saul? You've unfortunately argued against yourself on this one. Though Saul was burned by the Buster Call, obviously.

Kashi and Oimo are also close to Dorry and Brogy's age and spent at least 50 years away from Elbaph.

I think Gaban is just a red herring. Dude was sleeping with his dream girl... no wonder time moved more slowly :3c
 

Kuroiyaiba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
2,491
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So we have 2 infant hints and this one:
So I take it that Loki has special eyes. Maybe CoC related.
 

Sr.Enissay

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
508
Reaction score
535
Country
Morocco
That time slows down is a theory, not proven, and unfortunately you picked the worst example. Dorry and Broggy have been fighting in Little Garden for like 100 year.

Per the Semi official timeline,
- D&B were born 160 years ago,
- Saul 127. shq,,ss

- Saul has only been on Elbaph for 22 yearsthe time in the human world (or anywhere besides Elbaph and maybe the little Garden).
886
And you're saying that time moves more eslowly there? That they are younger looking than hhhhhhSaul? You've unfortunately argued against yourself on this one. Though Saul was burned by the Buster Call, obviously.ĥhĥ
o
Kashi and Oimo are also close to Dorry and Brogy's age and spent at least 50 years away from Elbaph.

I think Gaban is just a red herring. Dude was sleeping with his dream girl... no wonder time moved more slowly :3c
I said "the time in the human world (or anywhere besides Elbaph and maybe the little Garden)".
It's my assumption because Little Garden looks more like Elbaph than an ordinary island.

So, how you explain Saul's looking compared to the elder giants pirates?! Surely being a navy is a stressful job and would made people age faster🙄
Ok, Gaban was emerging himself in pleasures and forgot his sense of time. But how you can explain Imu's anger towards the Holy Knights?!
the warning at the beginning of the arc?!
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
"Don't lump me in with savages LIKE THE ELBAPH"

Here in your translation he is clearly stating that he is not one of them, not that he's a gentle Elbaf. Crystal clear.
Other translations mention other races as "gentler", but in all Saul is intended as not from Elbaf.
lol did you read anything I said

it can just as easily be read as "don't associate me with the savages of elbaf" as it can be read "I'm not from elbaf". In fact, the former is a lot more likely than the latter. "Clearly".
 

marco1701

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
125
Reaction score
75
Age
49
Country
Italy
lol did you read anything I said

it can just as easily be read as "don't associate me with the savages of elbaf" as it can be read "I'm not from elbaf". In fact, the former is a lot more likely than the latter. "Clearly".
I don't read the former even with a lot of stretching. English isn't my native language, so maybe I'm translating wrongly.

But for me, if I write "savage like the Elbaf", it means that I consider the Elbaf people as savages, nothing more nothing less.
And the next sentences by Saul reenforce my opinion.
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't read the former even with a lot of stretching. English isn't my native language, so maybe I'm translating wrongly.
Okay??? Weird to come in hot with "IT'S CLEAR CRYSTAL CLEAR" and then concede english isn't your native language right after
 

marco1701

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
125
Reaction score
75
Age
49
Country
Italy
Okay??? Weird to come in hot with "IT'S CLEAR CRYSTAL CLEAR" and then concede english isn't your native language right after
Weird for you to quote only that sentence, and not the following, as if I was admitting something. I didn't change my mind, because the other balloons from Saul says the same, that he is not from Elbaf.
In the italian translation (that I read many years ago) it was clear, I always remembered him as from another giant race, and nothing I read in these days made me change my mind.
 
Top