I make so many wild guessing predictions I may have lol.
I'm a timeline nerd so whenever I see the narrator say "X Years Ago..." my first instinct is to fly over to a wiki timeline to see what was going on that number of years ago. There aren't a lot of characters we care about that were alive and active a hundred years ago- Kureha just happens to be on that list. Also Clover was born two years after this flashback, neat.
Speaking of timeline shenanigans, lots of interesting stuff around this period, including this sequence of events:
127 years ago: Saul is born
113 years ago: Caramel had started her slaving operation
109 years ago: the Giant Pirate rampage
102 years ago: Dory and Brogy begin their duel on Little Garden
100 years ago: Caramel sets up the Sheeps House in Elbaf.
Considering this timing... was Saul one of the children sold to the WG????? Saul would be 27 by the time the Sheeps House opens up, very much still a kid for giants. It's possible he was the very first one sold, a giant who's also a D would definitely give Caramel all the good graces she could ever have with the WG. Anyways, incoming hot young Caramel at some point I suppose. She was born around the same time as Kureha lol.
Also at some point in this series of events, Morley is captured and creates Impel Down lv 5.5. Was she on the Giant Pirates crew? So much interesting stuff could be weaved into this flashback