Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Pedroland17

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Age
29
Country
Brazil
Okay, I’m almost finished with Kiyoshi, and I have to say I’m completely sold on what the manga is trying to do. It feels like watching a teenager who grew up obsessed with manga finally get the chance to tell his own story and put everything he loves onto the page. I can see a lot of One Piece in it, but also influences from many other great works. It’s really a celebration of references and just a very fun read. I hope the author keeps growing as an artist and, with time, can lean even more into his own personal creative voice.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
3,847
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
These redraws look pretty great imo.
Was looking through them myself earlier, and these are insane





Very happy Hokazono seems to have gotten into a better place with the schedule starting PT2 cause that was such a bummer to see play out in real time :sweatdrop
 

Satuuuuuuurn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2023
Messages
50
Reaction score
77
Age
22
Country
United States
I like Kiyoshi a lot but something that sticks out a bit is how sidelined Akari is, she’s introduced as Kiyoshi’s partner but she really hasn’t done anything. Jack Joe and Nehan kind of upstaged her during the black parade hopefully they remember she exists after the current arc
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Alright, here are my 10 artists I want to see return soon. Now keep in mind, I will number them but it will serve as not a rank nor any order whether serialization debut, age, or veteran status. It is to remind myself of the 10 I have answered.

1) Shuichi Aso (The Disastrous Life of Sakki K)-I really need his humor, and the time is right for his return.

2) Kentaro Hidano (Ziga, Super Smartphone)-After getting some work and doing well with that Kaiju no.8 spinoff, his return is a must.

3) Natsuki Hokami (Hell Warden Higuma)-He did a Demon Slayer spinoff and a recent one-shot for the Future Project last year, with that amount of improvement, I want him to come back and succeed.

4) Minya Hiraga (Neru: Way of the Martial Artist)-I can see them returning, but I need to read their most recent one-shot. I like their art, but the writing is a different story.

5) Tadaichi Nakama (Tokyo Demon Bride Story)-After the praise from what I heard of their recent one-shot, I am backing this one due to a friend.

6) Daisuke Enoshima (Fabricant 100)-My most guilty pleasure author I really want back. Even though he hasn’t done a one-shot after the series was cancelled, I still have trust in him, but he needs more refinement in some areas of his writing and planning.

7) Shun Numa (Samon the Summoner, Super Psychic Policeman Chojo)-With the anime on the way, might be worth it for a comeback to engage with the new fandom.

8) Omusuke Kobayashi (Psych House)-With the recent one-shot, they are determined to return to Jump.

9) Yoshihiko Hayashi (MamaYuyu)-Not the highest on the list for me, but is possible if they really want to return.

10) Kento Terasaka (Beast Children, Green Green Greens)-I really really want to see them return. However my concern is if it’s too soon or he needs time to bake any new ideas.

Those are my personal 10. But for some, there are those I have no faith in, but others I do see potential. Even if some I am skeptical, I at least see where the fandom comes from. I may not be a fan of those few, but if there are any waves in that space regarding social media posts and one-shot releases, might as well be prepared.
Yeah it's more than time for Hokami to return to Jump, it's been 7 years since Higuma and after the success with Kimetsu Gakuen he already has a recognized name.

Too soon for Numa, getting anime doesn't really help, Ayashimon completely flopped in the rankings with a Jigokuraku anime in production lol

Numa could do a short Chojo revival on J+ when the anime starts broadcasting.


How's the JP reception? It is all that matters
A bit mixed but not nearly as cameron try to make it looks, i can check now on J+ comments and most of the top comments are positive, but there are the ones that says the humor is outdated or not as sharp as Gintama.

Hitsuji Gondaira (Mission: Yozakura Family) has provided some assistance with Hitoner Chapter 3.

Hitoner is made by Tomohiro Yagi, who was the longest serving assistant on Mission: Yozakura Family from Volume 1 to at least Volume 21.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Reading hitoner made me curious what exactly went wrong with red sprite and iron knight.
There's some very clever ideas in there in hitoner.

Don't know where i can read this 2 though.
Oh cool to see Gondaira helping a former assistant, and about about both Yagi former series, they were just boring & generic shounen, the same ones you see every year on Jump, the Yagi from Hitoner is nothing like the Yagi from these two former series, the guy really evolved with all the time out of the spotlight.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,028
Reaction score
2,453
Age
35
Country
Avatar
I’ve already gave my 10, what is everyone else’s?
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
I liked this much better than last week. The first 10-11 chapters were all really good.

Votes:
1) KGB
2) Akane
3) Dr
4) Shinobi
5) WW


KGB: I didn't think "Let's drop a meteor on him" was one of the options, but here we are. Truly outstanding teamwork.

Akane: Very strong chapter. I'm glad we finally got too see a good bit of story instead of just comments on her performance. I'm a bit worried about her out-of-body experience though, that stuff doesn't usually happen to people who are completely healthy. I hope she's not overexerting herself again.

Dr: I cried. Granted, I was already emotional, but it still means they did something right.

Shinobi: The guy reminds me of Asuka from Asuka's Verdict. One is a hero protagonist and the other is a villain, but they are both trying to do what's right. They just have a very, eh, literal idea of what right is (as in, they took their parents' words literally and haven't been able to evolve their morality beyond that). I have a weakness for bad guys who are more misguided than evil, so I'm happy with this.

WW: Well, that backfired spectacularly. There goes the ship. At least Inuyasha seems to be doing better.

Drawn: That.. frontfired?.. spectacularly. I like that they're going out on missions rather than staying cooped up in their own school/gym all the time. That parallel talking scene (and the resolution) was very well done. And we got ourselves a mirror rival too! Fun.

OP: It's too bad the Five Bootlickers aren't there to see their god get beat up. I know he ain't winning, but that's still pretty damn impressive.

Alien: ... Not the way I expected this to go when I predicted Little Mei would be fighting the aliens, but I'll count it as a win regardless. I like the new pace, and I like how they made it work without the story feeling overly rushed (even though it probably is).

Roku: I thought she would be my least favourite character, but that was pretty interesting and cute. (And Glass Mask is indeed a great manga.)

BB: They finally wrote a sports chapter. That was a good rally. Too bad that last match point was a lot harder to follow.

Kiyoshi: I'm kind of surprised demons reproduce the same way. These Sakamoto stories sure are popular nowadays, huh? Though I still don't understand how all three kids turned out that way if that's how they grew up. (I wonder if that exorcist was Shishido. It would explain a lot.)

Ichi: It doesn't feel like much of a betrayal if we barely know the character. If there is a second accomplice, it's probably one of those who were with the Magikeepers at the time of the accident, since that's a great alibi (and if there isn't a second one, I wonder why they choose to play their trump card now and what traitor girl is getting out of it, because she seemed way too happy to throw it all away).

Roboco: That... was actually a pretty clever solution for Roboco.

Kinato: I'm so glad SOMEONE called him out on his reckless behaviour (though I really don't understand why she waited three days to heal him. Or to ask about Jien. Or how both Linae and Zeo managed to miss the fact that they were in the same room for 72 hours). And the rival hero actually did something impressive. Would've been nice if he did it on screen.

Destroyerz: Why did they spend so much time reiterating and overexplaining everything that happened in the first chapter? This isn't a sequel where you need to get the newcomers up to speed, it's the one chance you get to convince people your series is worth sticking around for. I don't think repeating the same plot points is the best way to do that (but what do I know, I'm not a manga veteran. Perhaps there are people who like reading the same story with different jokes).
(I know you need some kind of recap, but both other new series did it in one page.)
(Calling dibs on that other kid was the former demon king.)


And I still don't see how the magikeepers don't contradict all the stuff in Ichi before about Ichi and Gokuraku being so special and unusual, but I like the evil witch, keep the evil witch around for a long time.
Ichi is special because he's the only man who has magic.
Gokuraku doesn't have magic, but he's a genius when it comes to body modifications.
The Magikeepers don't have magic, but they can use magic items (which makes them somewhat special because the average man can't do this, according to the graph in chapter 5).

Drawn to the Flame: I'm sorry maybe it's mangaplus screwing me over but am I seeing things or is the alley-oop where one panel is the wrap-around lob and other the dunk not on the same double page? What's going on lol.
It's MangaPlus. The English version splits up all double pages for some reason.

Roku: Fine chapter in terms of what happens, I thought the science club would have a greater role honestly, seeing how the author bothered making little pfps for their group chat in chapter 1. And they clearly do have designs that mean they are important, but the way they are introduced, eh, not a fan.
We haven't met the science club yet. Those guys are from the occult club (the ones the science club made a bet with).

Sachiko, who the chapter obviously focuses on, makes no sense to me in terms of being a realistic girl that could've existed IRL, she has very set in time kinda interests, she doesn't know about Glass Mask (1976), Is pretty clearly meant to be a Sukeban (Very 1970's coded) Is familiar enough with TVs to be able to recognize a flat screen as the evolution of the CRT (let's say the TV market boomed in Japan after the '64 Tokyo Olympics, add roughly 5 years so that she's familiar with it as an idea + making sure her family could have one even if not early adopters) That girl has to have died between 1972 and 1975. And I don't know if the author's ever going to drop exact dates but I feel like he could write himself into an anachronism here if he's just doing a 1970's Japanese highschool girl. Overall the chapter was okay, I like the turn it took with Sachiko. 6.5.
She was shocked by the 'naked men' in Dragon Ball. It think it's fair to assume she wasn't following the manga market that closely if half-naked fighters are a new concept to her.

Drawn to the Fire
I know almost anything can be "shonen-ified" by just having some kid scream" I'm gonna go for it RAAAH" while competitive knitting or whatever,
Now I want to see a manga about the Heavy Metal Knitting World Championship.

And no, I didn't make that up.
Heavy Metal Knitting

UNDERDOCTOR
Also whats with that Haiji flashback " there’s someone i promised to heal" what are you doing Tanimoto you should’ve put this in ages ago. What do you mean this is our first glimpse into Haji's past and his motivation to become a doctor? This one page is way more compelling than just "gotta get more money to fight niche diseases” from a story standpoint,like who does that,why here and not before that would've worked way better no? The author can write it just seems like he cant order the story , at least to me. Please just 1 multi chapter arc no more one and done cases just pick an idea and run dude cmon.
They already told us in chapter 3 that he was investigating rare diseases so he could wake up and cure his friend though.
 

ZodiacofDarkness

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2025
Messages
100
Reaction score
133
Age
26
Country
Australia
Hitsuji Gondaira (Mission: Yozakura Family) has provided some assistance with Hitoner Chapter 3.

Hitoner is made by Tomohiro Yagi, who was the longest serving assistant on Mission: Yozakura Family from Volume 1 to at least Volume 21.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Reading hitoner made me curious what exactly went wrong with red sprite and iron knight.
There's some very clever ideas in there in hitoner.

Don't know where i can read this 2 though.
I thought that said Toshinori Yagi for a second.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
1,654
Age
36
Country
Australia
I really need to stop myself from reading some of these conversations when I’m an anime-only for JJK… sure I’ve heard all the big spoilers at this point but there’s still lots of little things I didn’t know that sneak their way in.

Regarding the discourse of how we talk about how a character was handled, I do think the internet has been onto something by using the term “stocks” to represent their investment in a character. We invest emotionally in certain characters to a level, and then if the author pays that off we reap the rewards, whereas if the character gets sidelined or robbed of a moment it feels like a personal robbery from ourselves. I could see this matching how people get invested in the careers of sports teams/players/wrestlers.

I do think at a certain point we want to make sure not to over-invest though. I’ve gotten a lot of value out of being able to laugh when something doesn’t go quite how I or how the community would’ve wanted, and I think that’s something people use a lot as well as a coping mechanism. People crack jokes and laugh about Megumi being a bum not because they hate him, but because there was some investment made in him that failed to make returns, and so the ones who invested choose to either channel their emotions into frustration and be perpetually upset, or choose to turn the scenario into a joke to introduce levity into the strong emotions and allow it to not weigh on their heart.

Only personal example I can think of is how in One Piece, I kinda wanted Lilith to have a big emotional moment-conclusion at the end of Egghead where she’d be the only one left and begin to forge her own identity as the new Vegapunk and join the crew. While we did get a brief emotional scene, it was more played for comedy, with her going back to normal right after (reasonably so, given her understanding of what actually happened). At this point in the story, rather than Lilith setting sail and becoming her own person, she is instead sitting in the background of the arc trying to rebuild the Stella and will certainly not be doing much else in the story.

I could choose to be frustrated about how the character of Lilith wasn’t handled the way I would’ve liked to see, but I would prefer to crack jokes about Lilith doing nothing and getting sidelined and just move on (admittedly this is easier when there are some logical structures in place justifying the behavior, but doesn’t change my desire for something more emotional).

In short, I encourage the whimsy of the clowning and agenda-posting that gets done to characters (meme agenda, not toxic agenda) inasmuch as it allows us to take a step back and keep having fun even when things don’t go our way. At the end of the day it’s still evident we care about the characters through our continued discussion of them.
Disagree. A lot of it came from genuine hatred, not just whimsy. And many are malicious deliberate misinformation spreading that hinders any genuine conversations.

I have been in the manga community for decades now, and i can surely say the way younger people engage is a lot more toxic now.

And let's clown the fictional character as if he's a real person with agency instead of 100% result of gege's pen, amirite? And before people say insulting the character is insulting the author, no it is not. The way people talk about that character vs other mishandled characters are night and day. People would have thought the guy personally killed their granma or something lol.

Besides the clowning was not what I was mainly talking about. I was talking about objectively baffling and questionable writing decisions that the gege did, which was very evident even in OG jjk (and this is not just about certain character, btw). This is something that many gege gaggers just refuse to understand, because apparently their god can never do wrong and they shot down any objective criticism.

And to be clear, my comments are not fueled by "oh you just mad that your fav got shafted". You know, shutting down criticism reductively like that is pretty infantile. Objectively gege did has made dozens of very questionable decisions : military arc, inclusion of amai in penultimate chapter, simple domain lore, fortnite lobby debate post shinjuku battle, the way 236 was handled, etc

But anyway perhaps it is best to not continue the discussion. I am not interested in going in circles and i have said what need to be said.

(And as i said. The mute user button is free lol. My MH life is wonderful after i muted some users here months ago xD)
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jesus Christ, the first volume of "One Piece Chopper's" which is just a compilation of 1 page cute comics of Chopper doing stuff in real life from Twitter sold 282k copies in just f@cking 4 days! It sold more than the last Spy x Family volume with 3 days (224k) :SOON

01. One Piece Chopper’s #1 (282,490)

If anyone is curious about the Twitter account: https://x.com/choppers_op
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,098
Reaction score
901
Country
United States
Disagree. A lot of it came from genuine hatred, not just whimsy. And many are malicious deliberate misinformation spreading that hinders any genuine conversations.

I have been in the manga community for decades now, and i can surely say the way younger people engage is a lot more toxic now.

And let's clown the fictional character as if he's a real person with agency instead of 100% result of gege's pen, amirite? And before people say insulting the character is insulting the author, no it is not. The way people talk about that character vs other mishandled characters are night and day. People would have thought the guy personally killed their granma or something lol.

Besides the clowning was not what I was mainly talking about. I was talking about objectively baffling and questionable writing decisions that the gege did, which was very evident even in OG jjk (and this is not just about certain character, btw). This is something that many gege gaggers just refuse to understand, because apparently their god can never do wrong and they shot down any objective criticism.

And to be clear, my comments are not fueled by "oh you just mad that your fav got shafted". You know, shutting down criticism reductively like that is pretty infantile. Objectively gege did has made dozens of very questionable decisions : military arc, inclusion of amai in penultimate chapter, simple domain lore, fortnite lobby debate post shinjuku battle, the way 236 was handled, etc

But anyway perhaps it is best to not continue the discussion. I am not interested in going in circles and i have said what need to be said.

(And as i said. The mute user button is free lol. My MH life is wonderful after i muted some users here months ago xD)
Eh the amai stuff was just random epilogue stuff for a character he liked. That whole chapter is just little flashes of epilogue, a page or two before that we get a moment with charles, the manga guy lol. Its really not worth harping on just him, that chapter gives moments to like most of the culling games side characters, and not really the mcs. I get disliking a lot of this stuff (personally I like most of the stuff you listed, barring the military plotline, which I don't think even the biggest of fans defend, like even gege admitted it was underwritten). But also I don't really think you can file all of them under questionable? Only really the simple domain stuff imo, as like yeah, love it or hate it, it was a big old exposition dump for an irrelevant topic at the end of the series lol.
All this to say, 236 peak, that page turn is just something else in the physical volume. I get the hate, but I was a fan when I first read the chapter, and I'm surprised that it of all chapters was the straw that broke the camel's back for so many people.

Ah shoot just read that last bit. Sorry, you can ignore this 😭
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
I really need to stop myself from reading some of these conversations when I’m an anime-only for JJK… sure I’ve heard all the big spoilers at this point but there’s still lots of little things I didn’t know that sneak their way in.

Regarding the discourse of how we talk about how a character was handled, I do think the internet has been onto something by using the term “stocks” to represent their investment in a character. We invest emotionally in certain characters to a level, and then if the author pays that off we reap the rewards, whereas if the character gets sidelined or robbed of a moment it feels like a personal robbery from ourselves. I could see this matching how people get invested in the careers of sports teams/players/wrestlers.

I do think at a certain point we want to make sure not to over-invest though. I’ve gotten a lot of value out of being able to laugh when something doesn’t go quite how I or how the community would’ve wanted, and I think that’s something people use a lot as well as a coping mechanism. People crack jokes and laugh about Megumi being a bum not because they hate him, but because there was some investment made in him that failed to make returns, and so the ones who invested choose to either channel their emotions into frustration and be perpetually upset, or choose to turn the scenario into a joke to introduce levity into the strong emotions and allow it to not weigh on their heart.

Only personal example I can think of is how in One Piece, I kinda wanted Lilith to have a big emotional moment-conclusion at the end of Egghead where she’d be the only one left and begin to forge her own identity as the new Vegapunk and join the crew. While we did get a brief emotional scene, it was more played for comedy, with her going back to normal right after (reasonably so, given her understanding of what actually happened). At this point in the story, rather than Lilith setting sail and becoming her own person, she is instead sitting in the background of the arc trying to rebuild the Stella and will certainly not be doing much else in the story.

I could choose to be frustrated about how the character of Lilith wasn’t handled the way I would’ve liked to see, but I would prefer to crack jokes about Lilith doing nothing and getting sidelined and just move on (admittedly this is easier when there are some logical structures in place justifying the behavior, but doesn’t change my desire for something more emotional).

In short, I encourage the whimsy of the clowning and agenda-posting that gets done to characters (meme agenda, not toxic agenda) inasmuch as it allows us to take a step back and keep having fun even when things don’t go our way. At the end of the day it’s still evident we care about the characters through our continued discussion of them.
Last post about this megumi thing from me.

I disagree with this. The fraud slander has gone way past being just a harmless meme, it gets to a point where a significant portion of the JJK community legitimately believe this notion and treat it as fact that megumi has always been a terrible character.
What makes it worse is that Gege has done nothing but fan the flames to that perception by ending up reinforcing that criticism in jjk modulo.

I don’t need him to be the strongest character, and I don’t need him dominating the spotlight either. He could have very off stayed weak, frail, or even dead and still feel as meaningful as the story as treats him.
But that's not the case with what happen in modulo. He feels completely absent.

He’s missing from narrative beats where his perspective should be essential yet the story constantly skirts around actually acknowledging it. Yuji’s new character arc revolves around the accumulation of loss, with the implication that Megumi's death acted as the tipping point, the connection is there yet Gege writes around it like it’s not worth addressing. The story deliberately avoids framing Yuji around him and treats megumi as an afterthought.

To rub salt in the wounds, Gege teased the appearance of “that character” in the final volume of modulo. Only for it to be Todo. And sure, people will say it’s on me for assuming it’d be Megumi but when every other major character gets at least some kind of acknowledgment or a cameo, his complete absence just stands out even more.

No rough sketches, no supplementary material, no extra notes, no acknowledgment. Nothing. But hey, new material for these chucklefucks to spam an already tired joke all over the internet.
You can't even have a proper discussion centering around him anymore without clowns dogpiling him at any given mention of the character.

This toxic JJK discourse is 100% a byproduct of Gege's own writing decisions. Unfortunately, the discussion in the JJK fandom often misplaces its frustration, directing it at the character rather than the creator’s writing decisions.

Never have i seen an author who has a clear vendetta against his own character smh. Tried the same thing with Yuji too when he sideline his own mc in his own story. Probably mad that they're more favored than yuta and maki.
 
Last edited:

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,098
Reaction score
901
Country
United States
Never have i seen an author who has a clear vendetta against his own character smh. Tried the same thing with Yuji too when he sideline his own mc in his own story. Probably mad that they're more favored than yuta and maki.
This is still a claim that I don't understand. The culling games is a glorified tournament arc. Where we just get 1v1s for all of the mcs available at that point. Yuji didn't appear after his fight because we focused on the fights of the other characters. (And even then he still gets reintroduced before the arc ended). And its not like suddenly someone like yuta or hakari started regularly appearing after his fight, they were gone until much later in the story. In Bleach, Ichigo was missing during like a big chunk of the arrancar arc, because we were focused on the captain fights, does that mean that Kubo hated him??? Like sometimes you gotta step back and actually critically look at what is being claimed, lol.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
This is still a claim that I don't understand. The culling games is a glorified tournament arc. Where we just get 1v1s for all of the mcs available at that point. Yuji didn't appear after his fight because we focused on the fights of the other characters. (And even then he still gets reintroduced before the arc ended). And its not like suddenly someone like yuta or hakari started regularly appearing after his fight, they were gone until much later in the story. In Bleach, Ichigo was missing during like a big chunk of the arrancar arc, because we were focused on the captain fights, does that mean that Kubo hated him??? Like sometimes you gotta step back and actually critically look at what is being claimed, lol.
Oh boy.

Kenjaku never interacting with Yuji is already one major example.
Anymore, and you will have a 2 full page discussion on JJK here.

If that's your take on this then you can keep continue holding on to that opinion.
Like i said, i'm ending my discussion here.
 
Last edited:

TwoTimesMartyred

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2025
Messages
64
Reaction score
118
Age
20
Country
Philippines
Someone Hertz will get an obi recommendation from Gege Akutami (JJK) for Volume 3 and has surpassed 300,000 copies in circulation, and Ichi the Witch has surpassed 1.8 Million Copies in Circulation.
Ichi got 1.8 million, coo-what.

What.

Gege recommended Hertz????

Did not expect this.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
1,654
Age
36
Country
Australia
Last post about this megumi thing from me.

I disagree with this. The fraud slander has gone way past being just a harmless meme, it gets to a point where a significant portion of the JJK community legitimately believe this notion and treat it as fact that megumi has always been a terrible character.
What makes it worse is that Gege has done nothing but fan the flames to that perception by ending up reinforcing that criticism in jjk modulo.

I don’t need him to be the strongest character, and I don’t need him dominating the spotlight either. He could have very off stayed weak, frail, or even dead and still feel as meaningful as the story as treats him.
But that's not the case with what happen in modulo. He feels completely absent.

He’s missing from narrative beats where his perspective should be essential yet the story constantly skirts around actually acknowledging it. Yuji’s new character arc revolves around the accumulation of loss, with the implication that Megumi's death acted as the tipping point, the connection is there yet Gege writes around it like it’s not worth addressing. The story deliberately avoids framing Yuji around him and treats megumi as an afterthought.

To rub salt in the wounds, Gege teased the appearance of “that character” in the final volume of modulo. Only for it to be Todo. And sure, people will say it’s on me for assuming it’d be Megumi but when every other major character gets at least some kind of acknowledgment or a cameo, his complete absence just stands out even more.

No rough sketches, no supplementary material, no extra notes, no acknowledgment. Nothing. But hey, new material for these chucklefucks to spam an already tired joke all over the internet.
You can't even have a proper discussion centering around him anymore without clowns dogpiling him at any given mention of the character.

This toxic JJK discourse is 100% a byproduct of Gege's own writing decisions. Unfortunately, the discussion in the JJK fandom often misplaces its frustration, directing it at the character rather than the creator’s writing decisions.

Never have i seen an author who has a clear vendetta against his own character smh. Tried the same thing with Yuji too when he sideline his own mc in his own story. Probably mad that they're more favored than yuta and maki.
I thought i was done but i suddenly feel that i need to add about Yuji:

To rub salt in the wound, with yuji gege actually "make up" for it at the last 12 chapters of OG JJK and Modulo. To put it into perspective, it takes less than 12 chapters to turn opinion around on Yuji in OG JJK. I have been in the fandom since 2020, i clearly recall at lot of times people clown on yuji at lot. Whole fandom did massive shift on yuji in last 12 chapters of shinjuku. It really does NOT take a lot to basically salvage the character. Also remember the impact 265 had on Yuji. That is just ONE chapter.

And then gege double down hard on developing Yuji in Modulo. Even nobara, who he fridged hard in og jjk, got redeemed.

You put it so eloquently that gege clearly has vendetta against Megumi to the point it is definitely deliberately malicious. The absence of acknowledgement of Megumi's death in Yuji's arc was jarring. And the complete nonchalance from nobara and yuji when in ch 25 of modulo (he basically got shoved into an afterthought one sentence). I am not asking for something grand. It is just an extremely jarring, emotionless and utter lack of care in a manga full of carefully crafted emotional payoff and moment. That completely stands out. And it was really extremely easy to fix. Literally just have nobara said yuji left after Megumi's funeral. Done. We have timeframe of Megumi's life and connections to people, he directly has impact to the story. Etc. Not this deafening silence.

And noone can argue uiui and panda has more relevance than Megumi in modulo. Seriously. There is literally no other author who would do the unthinkable of what gege did here.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
I thought i was done but i suddenly feel that i need to add about Yuji:

To rub salt in the wound, with yuji gege actually "make up" for it at the last 12 chapters of OG JJK and Modulo. To put it into perspective, it takes less than 12 chapters to turn opinion around on Yuji in OG JJK. I have been in the fandom since 2020, i clearly recall at lot of times people clown on yuji at lot. Whole fandom did massive shift on yuji in last 12 chapters of shinjuku. It really does NOT take a lot to basically salvage the character. Also remember the impact 265 had on Yuji. That is just ONE chapter.

And then gege double down hard on developing Yuji in Modulo. Even nobara, who he fridged hard in og jjk, got redeemed.

You put it so eloquently that gege clearly has vendetta against Megumi to the point it is definitely deliberately malicious. The absence of acknowledgement of Megumi's death in Yuji's arc was jarring. And the complete nonchalance from nobara and yuji when in ch 25 of modulo (he basically got shoved into an afterthought one sentence). I am not asking for something grand. It is just an extremely jarring, emotionless and utter lack of care in a manga full of carefully crafted emotional payoff and moment. That completely stands out. And it was really extremely easy to fix. Literally just have nobara said yuji left after Megumi's funeral. Done. We have timeframe of Megumi's life and connections to people, he directly has impact to the story. Etc. Not this deafening silence.

And noone can argue uiui and panda has more relevance than Megumi in modulo. Seriously. There is literally no other author who would do the unthinkable of what gege did here.
Nah, leave it be.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
1,654
Age
36
Country
Australia
Ichi got 1.8 million, coo-what.

What.

Gege recommended Hertz????

Did not expect this.
There was the modulo collab with hertz.

This is not surprising and definitely planned by shueisha.

I do not believe all recommendations are purely the rec giver's own will.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

guys, let's not start a witch hunt or something like that.
My bad. It was really not my intention as i have nothing against him. I just found it amusing.

I deleted the post, maybe you should delete yours too. The og post is still showing as you quoted it
 

Lord Anubis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
457
Reaction score
594
Age
23
Country
United States
Hey, I came up with an idea for a Jump Fighter roster that's inspired by the first 2 Smash games if you wanna hear them.
It's based on a bit of a hypothetical timeline where Jump does one of those games about 2-3 years after the corresponding Smash games, with fighters representing the line-up of the magazine at that time.
Would you be interested?
I only made it up to Melee, though.
 
Top