Games Top Ten Game - Interim Round 105: Top 10 Hottest video games female characters

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,256
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Schedule

Current :

Interim Round 105
Hottest Female Video Game Characters
Host: @Erinyes

On Hold :
Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel
Host: zimbardo

Note: The schedule could still be changed/re-arranged depending on the hosts' availability.



Host:
@Erinyes

🎨
Artist Characters

👾
Badass Video Game Characters

🍕
Slice of Life Anime/Manga/LN

Host:
@Purity of Magi
🏜
Magi Characters
🧙‍♀️
Whey They Cry Characters

⛓
Chainsaw Man Characters
Host: @Gajeel

🏐
Haikyuu Characters
Host: @Holt

🎮
Video Game Characters [Remake]
Host: @Sky

👨
Dads/Father Figures
Host: @z.5

🎵
'Big 3' Music Rounds
Host: @Xadyu

🐼
Anime Pandas
Host: @Copy Panda

Tokyo Revengers Characters
Host: @Hermit

Interim Rounds
#01: Animated Shows Host: @Faust
#02: Animes Host: @Faust
#03: Music Bands/Groups Host: @Faust
#04: Music Duos Host: @Faust
#05: Music Artists Host: @Faust
#06: Anime OPs Host: @Faust
#07: Anime EDs Host: @Faust
#08: Anime OSTs Host: @Faust
#09: Anime Fights Host: @Faust
#10: Anime Groups Host: @Faust
#11: Anime Moves Host: @Faust
#12: Anime Duos Host: @Faust
#13: Anime Movies Host: @Faust
#14: Manga Series Host: @Faust
#15: Music Videos Host: @Faust
#16: Animated Movies Host: @Faust
#17: Video Games Host: @Faust
#18: Mangakas Host: @Faust
#19: Manga Characters Who Lived Up to the Hype Host: @Faust
#20: Most Sad Anime Moments Host: @Faust
#21: Anime Senseis Host: @Faust
#22: Video Game Duos Host: @Faust
#23: Anime Leaders Host: @Faust
#24: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Swordwielders Host: @Faust
#25: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Marks(wo)men Host: @Faust
#26: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Athletes Host: @Faust
#27: Video Game Villains Host: @Faust
#28: Animated (Non-Anime) Villains Host: @Faust
#29: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Villains Host: @Faust
#30: Underappreciated Anime Series Host: @Faust
#31: Underappreciated Animated Films Host: @Faust
#32: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Rivals/Archnemeses Host: @Faust
#33: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Romantic Pairings Host: @Faust
#34: Anime/Manga/Light Novel featuring Physical/Mental Disablities/Illness Host: @Faust
#35: Anime Full Soundtrack Host: @Faust
#36: Super Smash Bros. Fighter Suggestions Host: @Faust
#37: Animals Host: zimbardo
#38: Sci-Fi Movies Host: @Faust
#39: Type-Moon Characters Host: @Faust
#40: Countries with Best Cuisine Host: zimbardo
#41: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Characters That You Want To See Go All Out Host: @Faust
#42: Animal Crossing New Horizons Villagers Host: @Ustegius
#43: Dragon Ball Characters Host: @Faust
#44: One Piece Characters Host: @Faust
#45: Naruto Characters Host: @syx
#46: Bleach Characters Host: zimbardo
#47: Female Lead Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Brandish μ
#48: Parents/Guardians [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#49: Fullmetal Alchemist Characters Host: @Purity of Magi
#50: Boku no Hero Academia Characters Host: @Hermit
#51: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Characters Host @GrySun
#52: Secondary Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @revo
#53: Best Story Arcs [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#54: Kimetsu no Yaiba Characters Host: @revo
#55: Anime Hair Host: @Evil3ye
#56: Gintama Characters Host: @Gryffindor
#57: Black Clover Characters Host: @Juviii
#58: Tensais Host: @Erinyes
#59: Waifus Host: @SirSamuel016
#60: Manga Artworks Host: @revo
#61: Hunter x Hunter Characters Host: @Nii
#62: Yū Yū Hakusho Characters Host: @Faust
#63: Pokémon Host: @Evil3ye
#64: Inspiring Characters Host: @desin24
#65: Shokugeki no Sōma Characters Host: @Tatsumaki
#66: Shingeki no Kyojin Characters Host: @Farfalla
#67: Stylish Characters Host: @Erinyes
#68: Husbandos Host: @revo
#69: Fairy Tail Characters Host: @Brandish μ
#70: Dr. Stone Characters Host: @Hermit
#71: Jujutsu Kaisen Characters Host: @Nii
#72: Romantic Scenes in Manga(wha) Host: @Erinyes
#73: Brawlers Host: @Faust
#74: Anime OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#75: Video Game+Visual Novel OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#76: Badass Male Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#77: Badass Female Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#78: Nanatsu no Taizai Characters - Host: @Hermit
#79: Manga/LN/VN That Need An Anime - Host: @Brandish μ
#80: Eurovision 2022 - Host: @Riku
#81: Female Mangaka - Host: @Erinyes
#82: Fate Characters - Host: @Nii
#83: Best Character Designs (Male) - Host: @Erinyes
#84: Best Character Designs (Female) - Host: @Erinyes
#85: Annoying Characters - Host: @Evil3ye
#86: Voice Actors (Seiyū) - Host: @Farfalla
#87: Video Game Character Designs (Male) - Host @Erinyes
#88: Video Game Character Designs (Female) - Host @Erinyes
#89: Eurovision 2023 - Host: @Riku
#90: Feel Good Slices of Life Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @Erinyes
#91: Kingdom Characters - Host: @MArGi
#92: Anime OPs (Remake) - Host; @Erinyes

ON HOLD
#??: Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @z.5
#??: Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs)
For rounds hosted by @BluePegasus Go here
For rounds hosted by @Xadyu Go here
For rounds hosted by zimbardo Go here

Hosting Priority List and Window of Availability

Video games in terms of story
Villains you wish had won [Anime/Manga/LN/VN]


I've made a thread to alert people when new rounds are starting, when lists are to be sent, when the number 1 has been released, etc.

I hope that it is a useful tool for you lot.

Please watch the thread and, if hosting, post messages to alert people to anything useful within the game
:verily

1K page celebration post [courtesy of Valhalla777]
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Unranked mentions (4/8)​



Denei



@Gryffindor (HM)

Denei's an OG that's been around since the start. I'd like to say he brought the sass before Garo before Kyou Rei, but he was actually just mean. I mostly remember him for his reactions towards Karyo Ten when she tried to help as a strategist, but Shin wasn't much better there...

Well, nowadays he's just a reliable pillar of the unit.



He's got some high tier grit.



Jin



@shinobi (HM)

One of the super archer bros. I like him, he's got the typical MC traits of being nice, honest, needing a character arc to accept killing people etc.
Criminally underutilized but his sniping(and his brothers bazooka) probably makes the battles less fun so I get that we need them used sparingly. I semi-ship him with Karyo Ten ever since she consoled him after his first kills.

He had that very controversial archer duel some chapters back, but I myself liked it. I just dont know where the plot takes him now that he's the best archer in all of China. Shin's unit gonna get feared hard.







Shi Ryou



@GrySun (HM)

Can't believe she has no points or other HMs! I was blown away by Shiryou in all her scenes. And while she and Sou'Ou are usually a package/hard to speak of one without the other, she is still her own person. There's absolutely no need for her to still keep fighting(one armed now) but she does it anyway for the love of the game.
Even Riboku was scared of her when watching her coming closer, thinking he's dead for sure if she makes it up to his little hill :lmao



To think she does this all with a sword and not a glaive/mace like the other heavy hitters! I was almost crying on the chapter that she and Sou'Ou are reunited after the disaster of Hango. I love Kansaro since then too.






Rou Ai



@shinobi (DM)

Rou Ai (He should have stayed a palace toy. Toys don't play the game of thrones)
^harsh but true. He himself admitted he never had the skill to do the complicated court stuff. His backstory is actually quite interesting.


Overall a terrible man. I did feel for him in the scene after his capture, but he has indeed been getting too bold even before he was forced into the coup, even toying with the idea himself.



I do think he and the queen severely misplayed their hand and lost sight of what they truly wanted(a peaceful life of love and their children) by doing the whole Ai Kingdom fiasco. Them being played by higher forces isn't fully to blame as they put themselves on this path.
I guess they never wanted to take it too far(at least the queen didn't) but Rou Ai definitely got high and greedy on his ever increasing wealth and power.

And despite all that his ending was still kinda gut wrenching imo.



​
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Unranked mentions (5/8)



Sei Kyou



@shinobi (HM)

Sei Kyou was so annoying in the first arc. An absolute brat, I was mad they didn't kill him for all the mess he created. So I got humbled when leaving him alive turned out to be the right choice - he actually turned around and became a good person AND a good character! I particularly loved him standing up to Ryo Fui, throne-blocking him by sitting on the throne himself in Sei's absence.



I almost gave an HM to his wife Rui, she impressed me almost as much as he did despite way less screen time.




Sai Taku



@shinobi (HM)

The ol geezer. Way too old to be their main diplomat, dunno how he manages all those long trips but he's great at what he does. Basically defeating a whole kingdom all on his own, in coalition war and in the future-to-come.

I know he was there during the Sei vs Ryo Fui final clash, but I still always found it interesting how easily and quickly most of Ryo Fui's pillars, save for Ri Shi, moved on to Sei's camp. Old man certainly not skipping a beat.





Danto



@GrySun (HM)

What a chad. He quickly rose past Bajio and most other established mountain tribe characters for me. You keep thinking "surely he's in over his head this time" but nah he just keeps fighting. A very crude man thinking more with his lower brain(but unsurprising with You Tan Wa). His design is also top tier, and I love his little bird that he uses(that I wish did more like scout/warn him rather than just look cool. Actually, he kinda does warn him a bit in the latest arc).

I wonder how strong he truly is, but he was unavailable to comment. He said something about arrows...




Hyou Shiga



@GrySun (HM)

What a total badass. Shou Hei Kun is keeping someone like this in the kitchen at home? Only had 2 brief appearances but he totally crushed it in both. Dismantling the rebels effortlessly + how he was about to murder Kanki no questions asked, just chop chop.



Snapped Koku'Ou's sword like a twig in a moment.

Unfortunately he may become a terrifying opponent later on if the story is going the way it looks to be going(Man'U - Moubu scene kinda heavily leads to it..). Who can take this guy out?

​
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Unranked mentions (6/8)



Mou Gou



@GrySun (HM)

No love for the oldest general? I liked all about him - his portrayal as an untalented general that kept moving countries til he found a place to settle/thrive with the skills he had.
And while his warfare ability leaves much to be desired, his eye for recognizing the potential of other people is unmatched. He managed to get both Kanki and Ou Sen to work under him, maybe the most impressive feat in the entire manga lol.



For a no-nonsense guy like Mou Bu to say this, means a huge amount.



His recruiting of Kanki was extremely bold but it worked out.

Also, he is gigantic and physically extremely powerful. No surprise his son is the strongest man in China.





I admit, when Renpa got up on his hill I thought he's getting oneshot, but Mou Gou fought him really well.





Ryuu Tou



@shinobi (HM)

Huh, I'd love to hear more from shinobi on what she likes about Ryuu Tou. Nothing wrong with him, but being both an antagonist and rather short lived to boot, he didn't really leave long lasting impressions on me. He for some reason made me think of Sasuke every time I saw him :lmao

For what its worth, he is extremely capable, and even somehow thwarted Kyou Kai's assassination attempt. Not only was he ready for the possibility of it, but that he could beat her back, albeit with heavy wounds, is impressive.





Every single soldier who encouraged Kaine before that sex scene




@Brandish μ (DM)

I do not know the names of these 4 guys, they are probably unnamed soldiers. But their lack of names doesn't save them from getting deserved flak for the atrocity they unleashed upon us!

.
.
.
.
.

Brandish :lmao

I mean, to be real, they aren't wrong. Kaine and Riboku are married, they should stop pretending to be children. But did we really need this, right now, in this high stakes arc?

Probably we did need it. I predict this one time alone is enough for her to become pregnant and carry on Riboku's bloodline. Yay.

​
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,407
Country
Japan
kanki-sama <3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

the most electrifying man
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Sei Kyou needs more love.

Huh, I'd love to hear more from shinobi on what she likes about Ryuu Tou. Nothing wrong with him, but being both an antagonist and rather short lived to boot, he didn't really leave long lasting impressions on me. He for some reason made me think of Sasuke every time I saw him :lmao

For what its worth, he is extremely capable, and even somehow thwarted Kyou Kai's assassination attempt. Not only was he ready for the possibility of it, but that he could beat her back, albeit with heavy wounds, is impressive.
​
Something about his interaction with Kyoukai touched my kokoro ~ I think I felt sadder for his death than Keisha, who died around the same time.


These soldiers :lmao I skip almost all of Kaine's panels, but now I feel I want to DM these guys as well lol.
But did we really need this, right now, in this high stakes arc?
No!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Unranked mentions (7/8)

Moving onto the final sets of unranked mentions, with these all having more than 1 person sharing them.



Naki



@shinobi (HM) @GrySun (DM)

Okay this is gonna be controversial from me but I do not like Naki. I liked what he could've been, but he was such a let down.

First, the good parts: his scene of joining the Hi Shin Unit is awesome and came at the perfect time where Kanki gets rewarded for everything he does especially the shitty things, while Shin and the reader are actively demoralized and put to be in the "wrong". Yet Naki jumping ship was a perfect slap to Kanki and reassurance to the readers/Shin, a perfect pick-me-up after the mess in Kokuyou. Great way to end the arc in an uplifting way.

So how does it go wrong from here? Well, by Naki never doing anything! Up until this point every newcomer to the HSU has affected it, like for example Garo became present in scenes and added new conflicts and viewpoints, but also interesting interactions with the other members. But after the high which is Naki joining, he never is shown interacting with anyone. His presence isn't felt among the scenes or other members, to the point I was forgetting he was even there. Which makes no sense as the whole reason he switched to the HSU is because they are more like an organized group that all cooperate, but he chooses to remain a stranger and just watch them from afar?

Name one scene that Naki affected ever since joining. You can't. At most he was shown scouting ahead in the woods a few times and finding Chou Ga Ryuu, but thats warfare not interactions with his fellow soldiers(and even in warfare thats like the only scene he gets).

And this all culminates in the Gian arc where he runs back to Kanki... Massively disappointing. What was the purpose of your brief stint with Shin? Did you just wanna make Kanki jelly or what? Smh my head.



Shibashou



@Gryffindor (HM) @GrySun (DM)

Yes it's me again, bringing the good moods down. I swear it's not that I'm biased because I'm an Ousen stan, but I really dislike the way Shibashou is portrayed.

Lets go with the good things first again. His design is good, he is super strong, there's nothing actively to dislike him over like a bad personality. He's pretty perfect.

And that's where my problems begin. He's some ideal superman gary stu, yet has 0 charisma to warrant all the love he gets. Strong and good looking yes, but his personality is nonexistent. Just the same 1 facial expression, boring thoughts and boring words. Isn't even a leader, when it comes to tough decisions like joining the war, he just bails and lets "the people" decide. More like, lets Riboku gaslight his people to get them to agree to the war, and then he's like "welp gotta do it now".

And the other half I hate about him is more an issue with his arc itself. Hango arc was terrible. He just bulldozer-walked his way to the enemy camp and won. No strategies or anything could stop him. Gave me Houken flashbacks with how silly his rampage was.

I hope they do something interesting with him in this arc because he dearly needs it. But as it stands he was just a plot device to wrap up Hango and deliver the Qin L that was fated to happen, without actually writing an interesting battle for it.



Still gotta admit he gets very cool scenes.



Bi Hei



@Gryffindor (HM) @shinobi (DM)

shinobi said:
Bihei (Too cringe. If the author intended for him to be a comic relief, he failed!)
Ah, Bihei. He's a very complex character. No, really. He's a simplistic comic relief that gets way too many serious scenes for a comic relief. He's constantly thrust into situations way beyond his paygrade. One of the longest members fighting with Shin, he's not particularly strong nor smart. He just keeps making it through all the situations. Half the panels in any given war are "Bihei's unit is requesting reinforcements!".

I dont dislike him, and I would be very sad if he died. Does that mean I like him? Hm. I like that he exists but he's not in my favorites. I like him mostly from his serious scenes, not the comic relief. He does get way too much screentime though, but I suppose it's easy to do scenes with him.

And can't exactly trash him, at this point all the things he lived through makes him an extreme war veteran that's far beyond an average soldier. Author just keeping him down and not letting him shine.




Ogiko



@Gryffindor (HM) @shinobi (HM)

I like how the string of HM + DM gets broken by OGIKO of all people, getting that double honorable mention :lmao

Understandable though, I also like Ogiko. Just wish he joined Shin after Gian arc but that's a topic for a later entry.

He's mainly comic relief, but top tier comic relief unlike Bihei. I love all his scenes like this one:



Jk :lmao I meant more like the scenes where he shows off that he can hit a guy with an arrow, when there's so many enemies below the wall it'd be harder to miss.



Or him being the perfect messenger that says things exactly how you want them said.

Speaking of messenger though, there's also serious reasons why he's a top tier messenger.



Even Raido is like "wow I had no idea you were this awesome".

I hope he reappears in the story again at some point, together with another character that's gonna come up a bit later.

​
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
how does one even become an ousen stan
It all started when he made me laugh a lot in Sanyou with his shenanigans where he failed to fire emblem recruit an enemy general and then bunkered down forever in a rock. What a doofus, I thought. We'll get to more Ousen talking later.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Ogiko is adorable :lmao Even THE Kanki couldn't stay completely immune to Ogiko's charm ~
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,680
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Unranked mentions (8/8)

The final unranked post, and it is filled with some juicy hate, but also some great characters.



Mou Ki



@Brandish μ (DM) @shinobi (DM)

Mou Ki (A panel-wasting clone)
I had no idea Mou Ki was this hated LOL. One of the finest students of Shou Hei Kun, makes you question if he is teaching them wrong intentionally...

I liked him initially when he was a baby like Karyo Ten, them playing strategists. Made you hyped for when they grow up and become strategists for real.

And then they grew up and you wonder "this is it?". When even a bum like Go Home Mei calls you incompetent you gotta wonder where you went wrong in life.



Bringing such shame to the Mou family.



One of those characters that are only used to be shown stressing and sweating. I had to choose among like 30 sweating panels, I didnt even need to search for them, they come to you.

Overall, had a promising start but sadly turned into a very mediocre strategist.



Sou'Ou



@Brandish μ (HM) @GrySun (HM)

Shi Ryou's other half. What a lovable guy. A total class act in every scene. He's not particularly strong or great as a general, at least we got no special feats shown, but he must be very capable to be a core member of Ousen's team, both past and present.

It's difficult to only list my 1 favorite scene of his, as he has several. From his tryharding in Hango, him walking to Kansaro's tent for Shi Ryou, to him scolding Ousen.

Probably the scolding Ousen. He really needed it.


That said, I'm surprised he's still in the army. I expected him to retire after Hango, as he's only alive due to an enemy general's extreme generosity. I'd prefer if he just went into the sunset with Shi Ryou like another Ryou person did, and left the war stuffs behind. Now I gotta continue fearing for their lives every arc..



Kanjou



@Brandish μ (HM) @Gryffindor (HM) @GrySun (HM)

Kanjou is the one redeeming thing of Ouhon's squad that makes me not actively scream whenever the Gyoku Hou has screentime(pre Akakin, that is). All a bunch of elite snobs following the most snobbest but least elitest. But thats a topic for later.

Initially a member of Ousen's army, he was sent over for unknown reasons, probably as a babysitter/observer. But with time he was taken in by Ouhon being Ouhon and became a full fledged member putting all his heart into it. A bit of him saving Ouhon, Ouhon saving him, and so on.
He's a top tier commander with impressive feats, rallying troops and accomplishing many big moves in all of Ouhon's battles. And his personality is also lovely, providing much needed pushback to some of Ouhon's actions.



Kaine



@Brandish μ (HM) @Gryffindor (HM) @shinobi (HM) @Ramen (HM) @Lady pompom (HM) @GrySun (HM)

Wow, 6 HMs for Kaine! One of the no doubt most beloved characters in all of Kingdom. I can't talk for a minute with any Kingdom fan without them bringing up how much they love Kaine and wish they could be with her. Completely understandable. She defends her homeland, everyone around her loves her, she marries the most handsome and smartest man in all of Zhao.

Not only that but she is also super powerful in combat with great feats like safely falling from a castle wall, taking 2 arrows to the throat and surviving without a scratch, being an amazing bodyguard to Ri Boku that prevents all dangers from coming to him, so much so that he gets bored and intentionally goes into danger for her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Alright, this is as far as I can take the joke without puking.

@Brandish μ (DM) @Gryffindor (DM) @shinobi (DM) @Ramen (DM) @Lady pompom (DM) @GrySun (DM)

Kaine

Lol. I've never talked with anyone who likes Kaine so to my surprise that on this forum there is not 1 but 2 people who like her(shino and brandish :teehee )
Kaine (her entire vocabulary is Riboku-sama!!)
Kaine - She’s Riboku‘s fangirl in ancient China When the word didn‘t exist yet. Zero accomplishments. At least characters like Karyo Ten are trying.
Also, a major dishonourable mention is Kaine. I hate her so much.
So much fan-mail for Kaine. An impressive 6 dishonorable mentions, that's half of our playerbase this game! What a trainwreck of a character.

She started off very promising in Bayou, a cool lady swordsman protecting the greatest mind in all of China. So clearly she must be super strong and level headed. So where did it all go wrong for Kaine?
How about, every single scene of hers. All she does is talk about how great Ri Boku sama is to the point it drives the reader mad, and her own feats are massive disappointments and Ls wherever she goes. She makes actual fangirls look reasonable in comparison.

It's a bit hard to properly put into writing what makes Kaine so terrible, as it's not just one scene or situation but countless scenes accumulating for hundreds of chapters. She has no own personality or self, only Ri Boku sama. He cannot rely on her or lean on her in his dire times of need, as Ri Boku sama is all she can say. She cannot fight off any other known character, and miraculously keeps surviving and getting bailed out by others including Ri Boku sama(but she is supposed to be the bodyguard?!). Her whole existence revolves around Ri Boku. No character developments for her since the story started either.

Think of Mikasa from Attack on Titan, but remove all her cool scenes, all her accomplishments and victories, any agency and choices she makes in the story and you get Kaine. Or close to Kaine but still better.

For an actual proper take on her character see Lyon from Suikoden V, showing that it can be done excellently and create an amazing character. Idk what Hara was thinking by making Ri Boku a cult leader. Real life Li Mu turning in his grave, but again, a topic for later...

Lets close it off with 3 of her greatest scenes:

1. Getting yeeted off the walls of Sai


This is actually a lot more ridiculous than just this. Kaine and Karyo Ten dangling off the wall while she keeps trashtalking, and BI HEI being called over to poke her to death with a spear and she has to flee from the great Bi Hei. Not to mention how badly she fumbled the wall battle with Futei, this alone lost them the siege of Sai. I couldn't believe my eyes when this string of scenes happened.

2. Kaine vs Shi Ryou



Take out Shi Ryou, who is doing Mou Bu level decimation on soldiers? Are you serious? I mean, sure, maybe you can have a short interesting clash, get some cool scenes in.




Does not even last 1 panel, manages to still mention Ri Boku sama mid swing, gets immediately bailed out. Of course.

3. Kaine vs Garo



Idk how she didn't get the memo that this is all just Ri Boku's bait, but she needlessly gets too deep into the fighting and gets slapped away in a second by Garo. Garo is nice but a far cry from any heavy hitter.

Ri Boku Sama mention? ✅
Wasting panel time doing unnecessary actions? ✅
Bringing Ri Boku into more danger rather than less? ✅
Accomplishes nothing at all? ✅
New anti-feat to not even stalling Garo for 1 second? ✅

I could go on but lets leave it at that. One good thing is that after the current arc we will probably never see Kaine again.

​
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gry writing walls of text for HMs... Once I catch up with maybe 2 or 3 other series perhaps I'll restart Kingdom again.
What top 10 game? I'm just here to have an excuse to write about Kingdom
 
Last edited:

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
There she is! Kaine, the Riboku-sama cheerleader !! 🤢🤮

6 DMs, no points, no HM. Congratulations on a job very well done, guys ~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, I forgot Kanjou....
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
3,838
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
this is quite an interesting one, I am sad that I can't allocate time for here properly 😭 amazing work, folks, and @GrySun
 
Top