Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone else think that Lindy Reynolds is a Skrull? What with her miraculous recovery after Ultron killed her, and her asking Stark to find a way to kill Sentry. The Skrulls could have found a way to insert the Ultron program into Starks armour after they studied it in Illuminati 1. Then they could take control of all of the missiles and kill Lindy to make way for a skull impostor.
Y'know that makes the most sense, considering Brian Micheal Bendis (guy who is doing Might and New Avengers) is also writing Secret Invasion. Props for the discovery.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I wish you would write the stories instead of Bendis Mr. Black, that also fits into why the Phallanx is focusing on the Kree so much.

2 birds with 1 stone.
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For the Deadpool fans in the forum,

WHERE the hell were his yellow speech boxes in Wolverine Origins!?!?!?! Why is he bugs bunny now?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
He's always been cartoony I suppose, I think Origins shows the first time he went crazy, before Cable, before X-force when he was still a merc.

Spoiler for those that haven't read Thor 5, Penance Relentless, Namor or.. w/e
So Doc Doom is gathering up some heavy hitters. After Namor and his army joined him, Penance is looking like he might be the next ally... Also something is going on with feme-Loki.

To be honest I love this idea, Doom always struck me as the Spiderman/Captain America of villains, alongside Magneto, but Magneto was never as evil. I am really hoping Doom gets his own Masters of Evil going for whatever purposes.. (maybe even the Red Hulk!) and hurts some heroes that deserve it. Even more so, I'd love it if his team was the one to defeat the Skrulls, when the heroes fail, but I doubt that.. even though it technically isn't an act of good, since it's a planet wide attack and you can't rule a destroyed world..

Lastly I really want Runaways and Young Avengers to jump into this Skrull invasion horse soon, because the lack of their titles is getting stale, especially with Deadpool gone, there are no titles that just make me feel good anymore, even if bad things happen.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Rick Jones joining von Doom? Hmm... that i gotta see! But i think if Rick Jones is the Red Hulk, then he'll most likely go to SHIELD to cure him
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Aww Spectacular spiderman!!! Yay, it's been so long since I read it.

Much better than the current amazing


Thank you for uploading it!
 
Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
y'know, ive never been big on the whole marvel universe. way too many heroes for me.
i like the movie versions cause there its always one person or s a small group of people that
takes the weight of the world on their shoulders. but the comics... ugh.... more heroes than you can count.

BUT!
ive read World War Hulk and i am now halfway through Civil War and i gotta tell ya. its good!
WWH rocked ass cause Hulk kicked everyones ass twice over.
and CW is a very very deep storyline. both sides have valid points. one second you sit and root for Iron Man and registration. the next you want Captain America to beat the living snot out of the pre reg bastards. and then youre back to Iron Man. very intriguing reading. (is that even a sentence?)

the only real backside to this is that i know the big event of CW.
i read Captain Americas wiki page a few months ago so i know that he dies. which kinda sucks...
so its no huge suspense for me there but otherwise i must say the story kicks arse.

*back to readin*


......................
i just read the thing i talked about in the spoiler above...
made me cry a lot...... damnit........
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Okay, so ever since moving here, I haven't really been updating myself with comics, and Ichi-san had already warned me about OMD. That's not to say I wasn't interested about what happened. So here I am off to Wikipedia...

Wait. What?

...

>_<

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! I am sooooo sorry for ranting, but WHY?! This is the worst shit ever! How the fuck are they going to frikkin' retcon it to everything?! Are the Spidey issues going to be in a different universe now?

And currently in other titles, when exactly did this happen?! I can't even continue reading the article anymore! DID JOE Q WRITE THIS?!

!#@$!@$#! What is it with Joe Q and marriages?! Why the heck could he not have gone for Storm and T'Challa's?!!

GOOD LORD! I feel like punching the keyboard! Or Joe Q! NGAH. *goes look for a better place to rant*

Okay. This is so wrong, and...this is a whole lot depressing than House of M got me. At least House of M (despite having involved magic) only seemed to have changed the present. NOT...not YEARS OF WORKING on one of the best (if not the best) character Marvel usually has to freakin' offer! And they put everything together quite all right, seeing how it involved the whole universe!

But one title?! This is not what I'm used to reading! D:

NGAH.


*sobs hysterically*

Well...I'm just glad they're finally writing down a new Young Avengers title. I didn't know how long I could go without it (which...I have done already o.O) but yeah.

Oh, and X Men.

I'm not sure how to really react to what just happened, but...I can't really complain since it wasn't as bad as I thought of Spidey's. Still. I feel like punching Scott. And I thought the writers promised that this arc would be the *one* that got everyone off Scott's back.

All it really did was make me want to stab it, and rub salt. I digress, though...the turn of events over at the X Factor side, and it's revelations. Wow. Didn't really see that coming. I'm still impressed with everything to do with the X Men though :)

And I'm really really really really sad that they're stopping New X Men (annoyed, to be honest). I liked the younger teams together. I never really thought much about half of them joining the older X Men. And in other teams, too D:

Still.

Avengers (all of 'em) is still really interesting :p Really enjoying it so far.


Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....


hee. If Lohnt isn't afraid to let any of you know of his liking for ASM, I'd like to do the same with Iron Man. Really. XD I'm enjoying his book so far, and I really dig the writing. It's my current favourite :) And like I've stated in the past, I don't think Tony's evil :p *dodges bullets and daggers* And this is not because Maria Hill is in the books (though that's how it did start off as)! XD
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
See, i toooold you so!! :D I really like the Young Avengers book too. I hope they're gonna start the second volume soon. And where the heck is the Runaways, I want more Runaways!!! :yelling
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Joss Whedon, the current Runaway's writer is the slowest guy ever. Though his work on Astonishing X-men makes me think that I can trust his Runaway's arc.

The Boff is going to have to read Captain America if he is to understand his death, considering the Captain doesn't die in Civil War... And well Captain America is an awesome title. Oh and disgruntled Spidey fans should check out Ultimate Spiderman, a very good read and at least you don't have to worry about retcons.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
The Boff is going to have to read Captain America if he is to understand his death, considering the Captain doesn't die in Civil War...
excuse me?
are you telling me that he didnt die? that the saddest moment ever created by an american comicbook was just a sham?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
He ddin't die in Civil War, but in Captain America #25. He was jailed at the end of Civil War, though.

But manu's right. You should read Captain America, since it's an awesome title :) Especially with the new Cap (<333333333333333333)

manu: Y4eah, I really enjoy the Ultimate Spidey title :) It's sooo much fun, whenever I get tired of Emo Spidey, I just head over to the Ultimate. XD Too bad they brought Beast back in Ult. X Men though. I honestly thought they'd stop all this revivial thing in the Ultimates =_= Still won't stop reading the book, though...

And yeah, I jsut wish Whedon would hurry up with Runaways.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
hold on here. Cap died from the assassination on the steps to the courtroom where he was going to answer for his action during the civil war, right? thats what i read in the civil war pack i downloaded and thats what wikipedia said as well. so now im thouroghly confused here.

ah now it hit me. as i said i downloaded a pack with ALL tie ins to civil war and read them in the order the play out. you guys are talking about the comicbooks that had the civil war tag on them. am i right?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That's right, Boff. Cap's assassination marks the "ending" of Civil War but it happened after the fighting is over. And I agree about you should be reading Captain America's book. It's a great title. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ooohhh >_< Sorry for confusing you, Boffer ^_^; Should've known you downloaded the pack.

Oh, and I jsut have to add this in, New Avengers Spidey is fun (so was he during Mighty Avengers) and I'm really glad they don't put emo Peter in there.
 
Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That's right, Boff. Cap's assassination marks the "ending" of Civil War but it happened after the fighting is over. And I agree about you should be reading Captain America's book. It's a great title. :D
nah i dont think ill be picking that up anytime soon.
the reason that i read CW and WWH was cause they marked great events that affected the whole marvel world and kinda felt like a series in its own right with a beginning and an end. and thats the thing it had an end. and i like the endings so i dont want that to get ruined by reading on and then have new writers come in and screw up stuff that i liked.
cause that happens when you have so many minds on the same stuff. writer A make thing A happen, then Writer B didnt like that so changes it with thing B so that now thing A never happened.... i dont like stuff like that..

Ooohhh >_< Sorry for confusing you, Boffer ^_^; Should've known you downloaded the pact.
:smile-big no worries Dizzy
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I know this is a Marvel thread but then you should read some Image or Vertigo comics. Y the Last Man has just ended its 5 year run and its consistently good. Heck its from the mastermind of Runaways so you know its good.

Oh and I think New Avengers Spiderman is a skrull, only way to explain his disappearance from the team after OMD.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
...

Well now that's a depressing thought. But it makes total sense, since he still seems normal. Which is ironic, considering we think he's a Skrull. GAH. I can't believe I'm preferring Skrull Peter to...canon Peter? Sucks that we don't know what's canon anymore...


So.

New Avengers this week was...

Uneventful? Other than the fact that the Mighty Avengers had no idea about the Skrulls, that I don't care much for the inking, that the writers have seemingly forgotten Maya is deaf and therefore CANNOT read lips if they're bloody covered, that the baby is still a suspect of Skrullism, and finally, so may Black Widow.

Okay, it seems eventful, but really is not D: It's like...some sort of short thing till the big thing, right?

And please don't tell me the art's gonig to be like this throughout?! D: I FORGOT ALL ABOUT LEINIL'S DEPARTURE. NOES.

GAH.

He's donig Secret Invasion, though, righT? *sigh*
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Leinil is doing secret invasion.

A little off topic of comics... kinda. Right now Marvel is going legal on a lot of websites, this is the only place I can get my Marvel fix currently and boy am I grateful.

On to comics again, Spidey seems to be having fun. Not buying it but good for him. Punisher is hilarious, but the series may suffer from continuity real quickly if he keeps revisiting people. Personally i don't mind tho i guess. Oh and wolverine is doing a lot of killing lately.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I thought they already started geting legal a month or so back? Or...is this a new one?

Technically, they can't touch us since we're a manga site, and yah.

But yeeeeees! LEINIL!!!!! <3
 
Top