Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
OI GK post a pic of yaself in the pic thread i wanna see how much of a clone/bunshin/whatever i really am :XD
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Aaaaaargh! physics exams on tuesday and what've i done this weekend? I've been drunk, played the guitar and just been lame! Need to take care of those studies.. I still wonder if Nature Sience was the correct College education choice.. Okay maybe it was because we're soooo hot and cool when we're outside on biology class and picking flowers and looking at moss... ok maybe not.
Tbh i disagree with the above posts about "college is the start of a new life" The only changes are basically that you need to take more responsibility for yourself and your studies. It's pretty much the same route as in high school. It's Uni that i'm afraid of, even tho i made "Högskoleprovet" (the university examinations as you can do between your first and third year at college) and I passed with 17.2 and it's only my 2nd year at College.
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
SO many the's that it would confuse the confuse
so the the's must stop (not maybe?)
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
There's a solution to passing physics. ^^ If you don't know the answer, it's usually zero. hahaha.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@blai - university is what everyone is actually talking about ;) in the US, we use the terms college and university interchangeably, but most people don't refer to it as university. it sounds a bit too formal or something. so basically, it goes high school->college/university not high school->college->university. i know nothing about the swedish school system, so maybe yours is different?

personally, my college experience was fantastic, so i really do miss the college lifestyle. the classes can be tough and require actual studying (something i never really had to learn how to do in high school :sweat), but pretty much everything else is awesome. my friends and i always joked that classes really got in our way of college :XD
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
People have a SOCIAL LIFE in university?! o_O

Okay, I'm really missing out on something here. I've never spoken to my newfound friends outside of shared classes (although none of my friends from before this year went to the same university), and so I have no idea how people get a social life without already knowing people beforehand and having connections. Any tips? :/ It'd be nice to understand what everyone talks about when they mention how great university is/was.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
what? isn't university life great????

If you're in a dorm, that's even better because you get to know so many people that aren't your classmates.

And if there are organizations/clubs that you're interested in, join them! that way you'll get to know more people, and join in activities. Having an org really keeps me busy all throughout the year.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh okay that explains it. Well I'm not afraid at all when it comes to the Uni studies, I'm acually looking forward to it. There's this wonderful uni in Lund in south Swe that's just terrific. It's like the city is made for the students and the majority of the inhabitants are students or their familys. Ther's dorms there aswell iirc.
 

gorbal

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
29
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Sometimes I want to go back to school. I still look like a college student, even though I am much older.

My college had really great activities, there would be Michael Moore speaking one day in one theatre, then a comedian and free movie at the Blue Wall cafe, meanwhile there would be 30+ things going on at the campus center, several bands playing at the dorms, theatres and at the Mullins Center. The downside the that place is the food was soooo expensive.

I just watched the raw of Nabari No Ou #3...It was so action packed I forgot it was a raw. (therer are like 5 people subbing it so the sub won't be out in to long)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Has Nabari No Ou been animated for a long time, or is it still released as a weekly?

Ah what am i doing. So many *to watch* and *to read* and I'm adding another one? :shakefist
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
^Uhhh, I think it's new, isn't it?

Oh, dorms - that explains a lot. Living in them seems awfully expensive, though. I guess it's just a necessary sacrifice - save money, but having a social life is more difficult. Clubs are really that helpful in such a thing, though? Never thought about it being that way...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Ours is opposite though. Dorms are subsidized and suuuuper cheap. One of the qualifications for being in a dorm is the distance of your house to school, and another one is your family income.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Anyone who knows when Shakugan no Shana season 3 is going to be released? I'm bored of watching the two first over and over again. :)
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i have no idea i have not even watched 1 and two yet. cant decide if its worth watching
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
It's abit weird but somehow it's a cute anime and by time to time it reminds me of Bleach. Pretty funny too tho.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
@blai - university is what everyone is actually talking about ;) in the US, we use the terms college and university interchangeably, but most people don't refer to it as university. it sounds a bit too formal or something. so basically, it goes high school->college/university not high school->college->university. i know nothing about the swedish school system, so maybe yours is different?
Hmm.. mebbe the swedish system is similar to here? ours is like high school -> college/polytechnic -> university. I've currently graduated from poly so now I'm on my way to uni. :XD

what? isn't university life great????

If you're in a dorm, that's even better because you get to know so many people that aren't your classmates.

And if there are organizations/clubs that you're interested in, join them! that way you'll get to know more people, and join in activities. Having an org really keeps me busy all throughout the year.
Yeah, I wanted to stay in the dorm but there's limited no. of rooms and all the requirements to meet. :darn

Sometimes I want to go back to school. I still look like a college student, even though I am much older.

I just watched the raw of Nabari No Ou #3...It was so action packed I forgot it was a raw. (therer are like 5 people subbing it so the sub won't be out in to long)
That's wad I feel wen I go back to my poly for work, although I'm older than them, it doesn't feel that way somehow.

Ah, I've recently started on Nabari No Ou too though I find Miharu pretty funny yet scary at times. :amuse

Has Nabari No Ou been animated for a long time, or is it still released as a weekly?
Nah, it's airing rite now so it's a weekly thing.

Oh, dorms - that explains a lot. Living in them seems awfully expensive, though. I guess it's just a necessary sacrifice - save money, but having a social life is more difficult. Clubs are really that helpful in such a thing, though? Never thought about it being that way...
I guess it depends from country to country? I know it's more expensive living in dorms on campus in australia but its pretty cheap here.

Ours is opposite though. Dorms are subsidized and suuuuper cheap. One of the qualifications for being in a dorm is the distance of your house to school, and another one is your family income.
Ah, those are not the requirements for us, instead, we must have good academic results and very active in co-curricular activities plus resident hall activities.


I've caught the flu bug during the weekends so I haven't been around the past few days. I came back to work this mornin after taking a day off yesterday, and one of my colleague nag at me to go home instead of passing around the virus to everyone else. (I haven't fully recovered yet)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Flu.... Reminds me of the flu shots I had yesterday.... How bad was it Azurel??? Real bad, or just bad??
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
It wasn't too bad since I was still able to watch anime although my headache stopped me from gaming. :XD And I've had worse before. :D
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Good thing you could still watch anime, it sucks being sick and not being able to watch it. You all better now though???
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I still have a flu and sometimes a slight headache. But my fever and sorethroat is gone although my voice is still very nasal. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top