- Joined
- Mar 17, 2008
- Messages
- 480
- Reaction score
- 20
- Age
- 41
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Oh, believe me...I know that for a fact! I used to work in fast food...Rule #1: Don't fuck with the people handlin' ya food!![]()

Oh, believe me...I know that for a fact! I used to work in fast food...Rule #1: Don't fuck with the people handlin' ya food!![]()

Be careful not to do it around a supervisor or a boss though , you'll be firedx100 lolOh, believe me...I know that for a fact! I used to work in fast food...![]()
I've only done it once or twice, to people that most of the crew hated...besides, that was nearly four years ago...I've been working in a grocery store the past two years...Be careful not to do it around a supervisor or a boss though , you'll be firedx100 lol
Well we have our national exams spread over three weeks i think and it's about 2exams each week plus the non-national tests that we do which gives us like 3 or 4 exams each week and today i was supposed to do a math exam but i got sick ;'( I still have physic and biology exam last week *cheers*God I'm glad I'm done with highschool :x exam week is so late D= Some colleges are too, though, I guess. God Bless short, succinct semesters <3 But GL to everyone with their finals and stuff =D
Anyone taking summer courses? I'm taking a 6 week Sociology course, monday/wed 8:30-12:00 starting June 23. Blahhhhh.

i try to avoid fastfood, i can pretty much do it except when im drunkOh, believe me...I know that for a fact! I used to work in fast food...![]()

>_>Well, hopefully I'll be out of the restaurant business ASAP. I have an interview tomorrow for a job at Best Buy =) Yay for working electronics and video games and stuff =D

my headchef encourages me to be rude to guests if i have a good reasonBe careful not to do it around a supervisor or a boss though , you'll be firedx100 lol

same here. my friend and her boyfriend hate pies and cobblers due to the crust. i haven't eaten any pies or dessert for that matter in a long time either since i'm trying to be healthier.^lol, one of my best friends doesn't like pie (or any sort of fruit or pudding in dessert). wtf, right?!![]()


damn straight, it's a good thing. i'll be making a little bit over minimum wage but it's better than making no money right? plus, i'll be getting store discount which i know that i will be taking advantage of especially since i have to get stuff for my apartment.money is always a good thing! am I right?
![]()
you must have so much self-control! *had some ice cream earlier*same here. my friend and her boyfriend hate pies and cobblers due to the crust. i haven't eaten any pies or dessert for that matter in a long time either since i'm trying to be healthier.
anyway, i got a job this summer which i'm excited for. now i'll have something to do this summer and i'll be making money which makes me happy![]()

yes! gotta love those perks! but not all store discounts are created equal. some get a percentage off of the retail price and others get to buy things at cost + a certain percentage. if you have the latter type (usually better), you realize just how much certain things are marked up from coststore discounts FTW!!!! those are awesome, believe you me!
i can save a lot of money with that....

Ain't that the truth!And also, you gain a lot of respect for people who work these kind of jobs, once you've actually gone through it. So as a customer, I'm always respectful.

i guess. i usually turn down the food if it's presented before me or i'll ask for the smallest piece. i work out every night (thirty-five minutes on the treadmill plus crunches and lunges) so sometimes i indulge. ^^you must have so much self-control! *had some ice cream earlier*![]()
unfortunately, i receive the former. i wish that i got the latter since stores sell things at a higher price than what they purchase the goods for.yes! gotta love those perks! but not all store discounts are created equal. some get a percentage off of the retail price and others get to buy things at cost + a certain percentage. if you have the latter type (usually better), you realize just how much certain things are marked up from cost![]()
i know how you feel. my friends and i worked at the dining halls on my campus and it was an interesting experience. i was lucky and worked at the rec center's food court which wasn't bad but it was hellish to work during the swim meets. my friend maura worked in the setting that you have described and she hated it. it didn't help that she was working at the dining hall which served athletes who did not comprehend all the hard work she and the rest of the workers were doing.I worked at an on-Campus Fast food Restaurant at UCLA at one point, and I needed to learn being a cashier, prepare sandwiches, burgers, chinese food, salads, kitchen duty, and the hardest thing of all, was closing the restaurant during closing hours (you virtually clean the entire restaurant).....all of this, plus you have to deal with bitter customers.
It's difficult during rush-hour, and normally customers tend to be at their most bitter when waiting in longer lines, so having had the experience working this kind of job, I acquired a lot of patience when working with people.
So looking at it this way, it's not all that bad. I've never had to spit at someone's food...as much as I would have liked to.
And also, you gain a lot of respect for people who work these kind of jobs, once you've actually gone through it. So as a customer, I'm always respectful.
Yeah, I definitely learned a lot and gained a lot of respect for all aspects of restaurant/food service. You have to put up with a lot of shit in that industry, no matter what your job title is.I worked at an on-Campus Fast food Restaurant at UCLA at one point, and I needed to learn being a cashier, prepare sandwiches, burgers, chinese food, salads, kitchen duty, and the hardest thing of all, was closing the restaurant during closing hours (you virtually clean the entire restaurant).....all of this, plus you have to deal with bitter customers.
It's difficult during rush-hour, and normally customers tend to be at their most bitter when waiting in longer lines, so having had the experience working this kind of job, I acquired a lot of patience when working with people.
So looking at it this way, it's not all that bad. I've never had to spit at someone's food...as much as I would have liked to.
And also, you gain a lot of respect for people who work these kind of jobs, once you've actually gone through it. So as a customer, I'm always respectful.