Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
1 day to go then it's swedens nationalday and im not working then, so nice... wouldve been alot better if i could drink but no, i have to be sober, even got loads of money back from taxes but i cant drink for em... crap..
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
phonogenic? is that even a word?

:darn
nope..I sorta invented it..

basically phonogenic would mean: someone who sounds attractive over the phone. kinda like photogenic, except it's phono-genic. :amuse
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nope..I sorta invented it..

basically phonogenic would mean: someone who sounds attractive over the phone. kinda like photogenic, except it's phono-genic. :amuse
All hail to the power of made up words!!! :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think I'm phonogenic >.> Lord knows I'm not photogenic xD

I have noticed that when I'm on the phone, I tend to have a smoother, more even voice. Maybe not quite so high pitched, either. It's weird >.>
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
When I'm answering the phone at my mom's house, people tend to confuse me with her...it's so scary!
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nope..I sorta invented it..

basically phonogenic would mean: someone who sounds attractive over the phone. kinda like photogenic, except it's phono-genic. :amuse
lol. i wondered if that's what you were getting at, but i felt kind of dumb because i didn't know the word. -_-; i feel better now knowing it's made up. anyway,it's not like i'm a phone sex operator or something.....i think that's the only job where you would be required to be "phonogenic" :XD

like most people, i don't really enjoy the sound of my own voice. it's probably fine and not as bad as i think, but it's just weird to hear myself on a recording :darn


I think I'm phonogenic >.> Lord knows I'm not photogenic xD

I have noticed that when I'm on the phone, I tend to have a smoother, more even voice. Maybe not quite so high pitched, either. It's weird >.>
it's funny, but i think we all change the way we talk somewhat on the phone. i'm not really sure how i sound, but my mom has a really funny "phone voice." she's the opposite of you where her voice is actually more high-pitched and nasally. my sisters and i always give her crap and imitate her.......it's all in good fun, of course :p
 
Last edited:

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
anyway,it's not like i'm a phone sex operator or something.....i think that's the only job where you would be required to be "phonogenic" :XD

now get your mind outta the gutter :p

like most people, i don't really enjoy the sound of my own voice. it's probably fine and not as bad as i think, but it's just weird to hear myself on a recording :darn
there's only one way to overcome that insecurity....one of these days I'll set up a karaoke thread...well, when I'm not too lazy. :amuse
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ooooo...karaoke!

....I can't sing worth a lick!
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
now get your mind outta the gutter :p
too late -_-;

miyi said:
there's only one way to overcome that insecurity....one of these days I'll set up a karaoke thread...well, when I'm not too lazy. :amuse
ooooo...karaoke!

....I can't sing worth a lick!
yep, me too. a karaoke thread sounds cool, though. heh, i'd love listening to it, but i wouldn't be singing anything. trust me, i'm sparing you all ;)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
1 day to go then it's swedens nationalday and im not working then, so nice... wouldve been alot better if i could drink but no, i have to be sober, even got loads of money back from taxes but i cant drink for em... crap..
I have to work during midsummer... and I'm a student.... ;(
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Working and being a student sucks ass...believe me I have been doing that since I was old enough to legally work...
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually like work and school. It beats staying home.
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah, staying home can drive you nuts. Sooo boring. In fact, Im taking classes now and the extra time on my hands is killing me because I do nothing when I could be working and earning money...but of course, getting a job here in Orlando seems impossibe (decent paying that is and matching their requirements).
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I have to work during midsummer... and I'm a student.... ;(
yeah but ya have ya break during midsummer, whine when ya work 65-70 hours a week and only get one weeks vacation during the summer, and its the first time in two years i have a vacation during the summer. :faint

beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
yeah but ya have ya break during midsummer, whine when ya work 65-70 hours a week and only get one weeks vacation during the summer, and its the first time in two years i have a vacation during the summer. :faint

beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
beer
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER :nuts:nuts:nuts:nuts:nuts:nuts
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Big tits, Check. Flamboyant homosexual, check. Male stud, check. Nerd, check. Three months of constant trash reality tv, check.

Someone please shoot the person who invented big brother. -_-;
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I actually like work and school. It beats staying home.
ditto. i like having a routine down (classes, work, study, sleep, eat in between, etc.) i'm the type of person who has to be kept busy all the time or i'll be bored out of my mind. plus, i'm a capitalist at heart so i don't mind working and making money ^^

i wish that i took some business classes when i was still in school...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
big brother eh? I never got to appreciate that show. But I somehow wondered what would happen if I were in that house. I think I'd kick ass. :yaha
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I hate most reality TV, specifically the ones where they all live in some house together and none of them do shit except fuck random people and argue and start drama >.>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top