Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,834
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

TheChosenOne

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
6,886
Reaction score
322
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

never knew that you were interested in basktball.
Love it, used to play in High School but then stopped, still play sometimes. :)
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

I see then,Lakers won...3:1 baby,now lets finish this thing!!
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

i pick the celtic to win the final. i hate lakers.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

argh! Alas my Pistons are no more. I guess I have to go for Boston, due to the sheer fact that I don't want Gasol to win.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

I would like to see Boston win, but I definitely think it's going to be the Lakers. I'm thinking the series will be 4-2. Boston will defend home court and win game 1, but the Lakers will find a solution to KG and Pierce and take game 2. I don't now about the rest. Lakers will probably defend home court. Boston will win game 5 and Lakers in 6. Who knows... we'll see...
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

I think Rajon Rondo could hamper Bryant a little bit with his length and solid defense, and Gasol will slow KG down, much like he gave Duncan some problems.

You've got Paul Pierce, and he's something the Celtics can count on. Ray Allen will have shooting slumps, and I think Fisher will give him problems. Then you've got Odom, who's unstoppable because of his size and quickness. Overall, the matchups are relatively equal, but Lakers has got more depth in the bench.

If Lakers can steal a road game early, the series is theirs for sure. If not, then it will go to game 7, and it's a coin toss.

The fact that Celtics has home court advantage is the only reason why I think this can go to either games 6 or 7, otherwise, without question, most would agree that Lakers are the dominant team.

I'm hoping it reaches game 7...more exciting.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

how about them celtics last night. That's waz up. 3 more games to go.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

ah crap...nice near comeback, too bad they couldn't capitalize. This is the kind of Celtics team that I want. I want both the Celts and Lakers to play to their best potential, to make it more exciting.

Celtics fans, don't get too cocky though. Lakers will show up, don't worry.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

After watching games 1-3, I'm starting to think that the Lakers are overrated. I thought they were going to lose last night. Maybe it was just the transition of going to the opposite side of the country that made both teams play poorly, but shit... only Kobe and Vujacic showed up to play for L.A.

If the Lakers lose on Thursday or just barely manage to defend home court because of lack-luster team play, it's over. We'll see how they change it up on Thursday, but I'm starting to think that L.A. won't be able to win in Boston.

Let's hope for a great Thursday night game. And as Miyi said, go all the way to game 7. Who wants to see a lop-sided series anyways. It's only take away from the whole L.A. - Boston rivalry that the media has been hyping up.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

So the Lakers game against Sacremento in the 2002 playoffs was fixed, man I hate the Lakers and that news made me smile. I know that this whole playoffs was fixed, no matter what happen the commissioner made sure Boston and L.A. got to the finals.

P.S. the Lakers suck, especially Kobe
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

So the Lakers game against Sacremento in the 2002 playoffs was fixed, man I hate the Lakers and that news made me smile. I know that this whole playoffs was fixed, no matter what happen the commissioner made sure Boston and L.A. got to the finals.

P.S. the Lakers suck, especially Kobe
Wait what?? The Lakers game was fixed? How? When did you hear this from? I was pissed that Sacramento lost.

No matter how much you hate Kobe, you can't say he sucks, he was the best player in the world last year, and Gasol is pretty solid, it's not coincidence he was MVP in the last Fiba.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

So the Lakers game against Sacremento in the 2002 playoffs was fixed, man I hate the Lakers and that news made me smile. I know that this whole playoffs was fixed, no matter what happen the commissioner made sure Boston and L.A. got to the finals.

P.S. the Lakers suck, especially Kobe
ok that donahue guy, you have to take into consideration, was a former felon, so already his credibility is questionable.

Second, it's difficult to prove any of his allegations.

Third, there must be some motive for him saying all these things. One that comes to mind is making him less held accountable by showing he's not alone in this so-called rigging. That would translate into him getting, what he would hope, would be lighter charges and lesser punishment.

So let's wait until this whole case is fully developed before jumping into conclusions. If the game was fixed, I doubt the Lakers themselves had any role in it, and it's unfair to call them cheaters due to some criminals that are behind this.

As for the current playoffs, it's true that the Lakers are now the underdogs.

But don't forget one crucial factor in this whole series: this is Kobe's year, his MVP year, and he's virtually worked his ass to get to this point, so expect him to put up a fight. If there's any player you'd rather have when your team is down in this situation, I'm sure many would bet on Kobe to be their guy. Anyway, it's an exciting series so far. May the best team win tonight.
 

purplerose_04

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
91
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

seriously i thought it would be an easy wins for Lakers... I'm disappointed that they lost two games straight. Sorry to Boston fan but I'm Lakers fan... i mean i was disappointed with the lakers for the last few year..i guess mostly cause of Kobe... i'm not his fan.. but he is a good player.

I mean now even if the Lakers win the championship.. it won't be on their ground..which totally suck.. well they have to win 3 games straight but then again it would be nice to go into game 7.

But then again.. i'm really surprise that Boston made this far.. seriously when I was watching the Boston and Cleveland.. I thought Cleveland would win.. then again with the Detroit... they really surprise me...too bad I'll miss tonite game... Damn Final..
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

I think Boston underperformed in the first two Playoff series vs. the Hawks and Cleveland, but they picked it up a notch vs. Detroit.

The initial lackluster performance from them can be attributed to the fact that they haven't been battle-tested in the regular season. Now in the Finals, they are feeling pumped and energized, and came ready to play.

Ironically it's the Lakers that are underperforming, perhaps because the Nuggets, Utah and Spurs (with no disrespect to these teams) posed little opposition against the Lakers. By comparison, Lakers have not been battle-tested enough in the playoffs, Celtics have. That's the difference. Celtics has the advantage.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Wait what?? The Lakers game was fixed? How? When did you hear this from? I was pissed that Sacramento lost.

No matter how much you hate Kobe, you can't say he sucks, he was the best player in the world last year, and Gasol is pretty solid, it's not coincidence he was MVP in the last Fiba.
I know Kobe is the best but I still love to hate


ok that donahue guy, you have to take into consideration, was a former felon, so already his credibility is questionable.

Second, it's difficult to prove any of his allegations.

Third, there must be some motive for him saying all these things. One that comes to mind is making him less held accountable by showing he's not alone in this so-called rigging. That would translate into him getting, what he would hope, would be lighter charges and lesser punishment.

So let's wait until this whole case is fully developed before jumping into conclusions. If the game was fixed, I doubt the Lakers themselves had any role in it, and it's unfair to call them cheaters due to some criminals that are behind this.

As for the current playoffs, it's true that the Lakers are now the underdogs.

But don't forget one crucial factor in this whole series: this is Kobe's year, his MVP year, and he's virtually worked his ass to get to this point, so expect him to put up a fight. If there's any player you'd rather have when your team is down in this situation, I'm sure many would bet on Kobe to be their guy. Anyway, it's an exciting series so far. May the best team win tonight.
of cousre the players had nothing to do with it. It was the refs. The Lakers shot 27 free throws in the 4th, that led them to win by 2. In 2002 when it happened, Ralph Nadar tried to take legal actions over it. He saw the game, thought it was fixed and called the NBA out, and now this ref comes out and says that game was fixed. It could be a coincidence, but I believe it was fixed. If anything, why did the Lakers need help to beat Sacramento. Dont get me wrong, Sac is good but Kobe and Shaq should have been enough to win a best out of 7 series. That championship is gonna be questionable for the rest of our lives


seriously i thought it would be an easy wins for Lakers... I'm disappointed that they lost two games straight. Sorry to Boston fan but I'm Lakers fan... i mean i was disappointed with the lakers for the last few year..i guess mostly cause of Kobe... i'm not his fan.. but he is a good player.

I mean now even if the Lakers win the championship.. it won't be on their ground..which totally suck.. well they have to win 3 games straight but then again it would be nice to go into game 7.

But then again.. i'm really surprise that Boston made this far.. seriously when I was watching the Boston and Cleveland.. I thought Cleveland would win.. then again with the Detroit... they really surprise me...too bad I'll miss tonite game... Damn Final..
it seems that Boston does good against great teams but they do bad against mediocre teams


Lakers are done for, Im so happy they are down but I would still like I see it go to game 7 cause its entertaing to watch
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

Oh god,Celtics made a comeback for the ages,but the Lakers gonna make an upset for the ages!! :) i still believe!Kobe came to far to lose it now,i dont care about KG,Ray and Paul..Kobe aint gonna lose,he aint gonna,i believe!!And the Lakers to,they aint gonna lose,Kobe needs to prove things!!
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

^ their backs are against the wall, so they will give it everything they got. I really want it to go 7 but I want the Lakers to lose. It's funny, they lost that game cause Kobe had a shitty game, the rest of the team did their share in the 1st half, taking a 24 point lead. 2nd half should of been all Kobe but he couldnt make a shot. It;s rare to see the Lakers do good but not Kobe.
 

purplerose_04

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
91
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

man wat a disappointing game yesterday.. well.. it would be kool to play game 7, but if the Lakers keep going like this, they gonna lose before game 7.

Seriously I nearly fell out of my seat when my professor announce the final score.. during the fricken final too.. i wish he didn't do that..
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

they will lose it in game 5 if they keep it up
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA Playoff's-who do you want to win?

of cousre the players had nothing to do with it. It was the refs. The Lakers shot 27 free throws in the 4th, that led them to win by 2. In 2002 when it happened, Ralph Nadar tried to take legal actions over it. He saw the game, thought it was fixed and called the NBA out, and now this ref comes out and says that game was fixed. It could be a coincidence, but I believe it was fixed. If anything, why did the Lakers need help to beat Sacramento. Dont get me wrong, Sac is good but Kobe and Shaq should have been enough to win a best out of 7 series. That championship is gonna be questionable for the rest of our lives
yeah I know I know....if it turns out it's fixed and it's proven, my views about the Lakers probably wouldn't change much, since I'm sure they're innocent. If they had a role in it, then maybe I'll be worried.

It sucks that there are some illegit refs, but hey, putting it all in perspective, the refs overall are amazing....not all are perfect.

As for the series, I'm really disappointed.

All props to the Celtics, because clearly they are playing like Champions, and they deserve to be.

I still hope Lakers will pull a miracle.
 
Top