Recent content by stlwright

  1. Help [JP] The Official Kanji Ask-for-Help Thread

    Please help with kanji/symbols in the above image I can't make out the kanji in the image above. Please help. http://www.mediafire.com/download/akd9q1mczmmypq4/Capture.JPG
  2. Done How is 盛り上げ used in the sentence below

    特注のお酒も用意させましたから盛り上げ担当は杉山先生に任せましたよ Special order beer has been prepared so _______ and Sugiyama sensei will be left in charge. 盛り上げる - to enliven, to heap up to pile up.
  3. Done Please help with the sentence in red

    センセイー2年の茂木見なかった? Sensei, Have you seen sophomore student, Mogi? し。。。 N... 知らないけどどうしたの? No, I haven't. But what's the matter? 話があるから教室にいろって言ったんだけど逃げられてさあ。。。 I need to speak with him, so I told him to stay in the classroom, but he ran away... 茂木君何かしたの? Did Mogi-kun do something...
  4. Done Need help with sentences

    まあ適当に嫌になったらまた東京戻ればいいかって Well, as they see fit...It's better that I return to Tokyo if I become reluctant. どうせずっといる訳じゃないんだし It's not like I'll stay here forever anyway. てきとうにやり過ごして日々を消化すれば//とりあえず 卒業はできるしって… そのくらいにしか 考えてなかったの
  5. Done Need help with sentences

    Page 83: 83.1: やはり高校生たるもの健全なおつきあいを 夏休みどうすんの? What are you doing for summer vacation? つか補習 I'm taking supplementary lessons. 帰りミスドいこー I'm going to the donut shop. 83.2: すべきたど思う訳で 説得力ねえー んだよ生まれ変わろうとしてんだろうが I tried to make a fresh start in life, but
  6. Done Need help with sentences

    rumors were spread about the guy whose saying the below. お前に言われて気付いた… (I know what was said to you...) 俺まだ引きずろうとしてるって//転入までしてんのにさ (I still tried to prolong it.//??) 俺らしくないから//やめるわ (??)
  7. Done need help with sentence

    紡績会社のボンでな Old man is starting to tell a story of something that happened in the past. Then he says the line above.
  8. Done Need help with these sentences

    現実はこんな物か Is this real? んな都合よくいくわけねーか Is that why.... ______________ んで?.わざわざ恩着せがましいそれを言いに来たってのか Why? You came all the way here to say something so condescending? 弁護士さんもひまだな Attorney-san has free time on his hands, huh? 相変わらずそういう口しかきけないのか Do I have to hear such a thing out of your...
  9. Done Need help with these sentences

    So, should I do it like this? そこはさあ (not sure how this is used. Or that. のんびりした所で 暮らせば//少しは人間丸くなるとでも思ったのかしれないけど If I live in a easy going place// ま 体のいい厄介払いね But that's a nice way of saying good riddance, huh? Context: One guy is saying this to another guy. 命短し//恋せよ乙女。。。か Life is...
  10. Done Need help with these sentences

    会人としては俺の方が センパイだから 何でも聞けよ? As a working adult I'm your senpai, so listen to everything all right? なんだどうざきってすかしたやなやろうなのかと思ってたけど What? I thought Douzaki... やなやろう (Not sure what this means)
  11. Done Need help with these sentences

    やっぱ都会者は違うぜ As I thought, city people are different. 関係ないか [small text]: Does it matter? 目の色素が薄いんだな He has light-colored eyes... Context: After seeing someone's calligraphy.... なんじゃこりゃなんかおしいけど全然ちがうし Girl A: What is this? Good try, but it's completely different. これだから今の若いのは Girl B...
  12. Done Need help with these sentences

    Context: Just mentioned going to the summer festival しかしまたなんでこんな辺鄙な所にねえ But why is it in such a remote place again? Context: Main guy is talking about leaving the capital, and one guy asks if he has been exiled. 案外いい奴かもしんねーじゃん Unexpectedly, he might not be a nice guy. Context: Main guy finds...
  13. Done Need help with these sentences

    留年して2年からこっちに転入してきたらしいぞ (not sure) He was held back twice and It seems that he entered here his sophomore year. へえじゃ一コ上? Eh? So you're one up? どうもとっつきずれーよな (not sure) どうも=thanks そのせいかな (not sure) I wonder if that's the reason
  14. Done Need help with sentences below

    自転車を走らせながら団地を発見・観賞・萌える・のが最近の楽しみです。 While riding my bike, my recent enjoyment is infatuation and admiration of discovering multi-unit apartments. なじもうとしてないっつーか Don't try to fit in. なんだろうね What? 東京の人間には水が合わんだろう I probably don't get along with people from Tokyo. 東京? そうなの堂崎って (堂崎...
  15. Done Need help with sentence below

    二人が重ねてきた日々を人に理解してもらうのは難しいだろうし... It's probably difficult for two people to get an understanding of each other day after day 重ねてきた-how is this used here?
Top