Recent content by Teeba

  1. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I think the fact Lady Justice is something we're still discussing shows its having some kind of impact. I remember when UBS and Roggy came out there was hardly this much discussion - and well, they didn't last long either. Lady Justice looks very much inspired by recent franchises, so even...
  2. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I read Lady Justice's first chapter. I feel very conflicted about it. I felt like, there's something really devoid of personality. The characters felt SERIOUSLY cookie-cutter. Even Lady Justice's sexy attire in the colorpage felt uninspired and unoriginal. But...I think there are a lot of...
  3. Teeba

    Favorites What anime yaoi pairings do you like?

    Ah the spread I was talking about was here: http://artbooksnat.tumblr.com/post/116207790101/aldnoah-zero-slaine If you notice, in the last epside Inaho's actually forgoing Hime's peace ceremony to visit Slaine in jail. If that isn't a massive shift in loyalties then I don't know what is!
  4. Teeba

    Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

    I think he killed her, accidentally of course. When he transformed into his current form, there's a tiny panel of what looks like his tentacle penetrating Aguri in the stomach. You will have feels, its a Matsui manga after all! I am remembering Professor Harukawa and Setsuna a lot now-a-day...
  5. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Interesting that Tosh chose to draw pre-God of Death arc Irina. I wouldn't have minded seeing her in her modest ensemble. Well her initial outfit was more iconic, I guess. Two consecutive color pages for Black Clover, now that's pretty interesting.
  6. Teeba

    Favorites What anime yaoi pairings do you like?

    Did you see the art spread they did in Newtype Magazine? The ending was really shitty but at least the Slaine/Inaho love is pretty strong! And apparently white roses mean stability,innocence, and requited love. :teehee If only the finale matched that sentiment! Apparently the director...
  7. Teeba

    Favorites What anime yaoi pairings do you like?

    I've started to ship Kaizuka Inaho and Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero because of certain fandom friends. :gwah I never thought I'd like a protagonist/villain relationship this way!
  8. Teeba

    Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

    I guess now that AssClass is becoming popular, more groups want to scanlate it. I think I'll wait for Mach 20 scans. Does anyone find it interesting how Korosensei basically copied Aguri's personality? Its like he's been wearing a mask this whole time.
  9. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Why do people get so hung up on waifus. Just let the Chitoge fans and Onodera fans have their service, no need to hate on fictional characters in the process. Its not like Komi is going to publicly humiliate the losing girl(s). :cookiehand I like Erina but I wish the first couple of 50...
  10. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    No problem, xi0! I found the Assclass chart as well, but its kind of hard to decipher. Its from 2013 when Japanese booksellers were asked to rank which series they prefered. As you can see, a series that sells 700,000 copies per volume has slightly more women than men in its fanbase:
  11. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    LOL but One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto (when it was running) all had a 50-50 male to female readership ratio. The magazine may have a 20% female readership but the people who actually buy the volumes do not adhere to that percentage. Also AssClass currently has more female readers than male, so...
  12. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Sigh. Its a shame about the ecchi. I think its ok for series to have ecchi, but I also wish we could have female leads that aren't exploited like that. Or I dunno, have something more to offer? I looked at the oneshot and its awfully gimmicky, plus the art left a lot to be desired. It kind of...
  13. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Well then let me ask you, was it the fact that she's female that put you off? Or was it like, anything else in the manga? Medaka Box was no masterpiece, but for the female lead alone it was quite brilliant. I don't think Tamura should serialize Tiger Dragon Brothers. He should put out more...
  14. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    A series selling 100,000 copies for the first volume would be phenomenal. Most new series that are expected to be success sell about 30-50,000 copies for their first volume. Now I'm not sure exactly, but I think Nougami Neuro never sold more than 100,000 copies per volume, but because it had...
  15. Teeba

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Eh, I'd say Beelzebub won the GFC because of its comedy and delinquent themes as oppose to the demon related stuff. Japan actually hated anything Tamura tried to develop from the demon aspects. Though you do have a point, I didn't realize the Golden Future Cup's record was so bad. :lmao
Top