Discussion - Gray Fullbuster Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gray Fullbuster Thread

Jarvisxtra

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Yep invel vs gray is obvious but i think this fight would be later in the arc.
They are some spoilers saying gray will fight dimaria but i don't trust them xD
I really think gray is gonna fight dimaria though..
Well if Dimaria is hinted to be Mary from Ice Trail then we can see a match from them.
I don't see it though because of the different hairstyle, shape color and origins.
Originally thought Mary from Avatar was the Mary from Ice Trail.

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Well if Dimaria is hinted to be Mary from Ice Trail then we can see a match from them.
I don't see it though because of the different hairstyle, shape color and origins.
Originally thought Mary from Avatar was the Mary from Ice Trail.
Yep if dimaria is really the mary from ice trail, i don't think gray would want to fight her lel . Yeah she is different but if you look carefully you can see a little ressemblance but that's me xD.
With erza handicaped and kagura who she is not strong enough to fight her I can see gray vs dimaria and gray always fight a girl xD

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
:-_-Gray against fodders begins to bugs me seriously since the time skip begins he has never get a true fight..

darkenedreality

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Because his true fights are with Invel and END. He's being saved for later. I wouldn't be surprised if Invel somehow shows up after Dimaria, Wahl, and Neinhart are taken care of.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Because his true fights are with Invel and END. He's being saved for later. I wouldn't be surprised if Invel somehow shows up after Dimaria, Wahl, and Neinhart are taken care of.
I Have a Feeling Invel will Fight Natsu so Gray may fight abother Spriggan.

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not going to happen. Gray needs a real fight and Invel is that person. You know this foreshadow is different than the one with Natsu/Ajeel. Gray vs Invel is obvious just like Gray vs Silver was. Both are destined fights.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes ofc but i want him to help laxus or wendy though..

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Gray Fullbuster's role in Alvarez Arc? I like his character development. He is a caring friend. I hope he can erase MBP inside Laxus' internal organs by freezing and neutralizing it so that the particles can be excreted through Laxus' sweat and urine. As we know in the anime version Gray can neutralize MBP so easily. His DeS magic is very needed here. I hope Mashima didn't build bromance between Gray and Laxus for nothing. Also, I am so annoyed (sorry, Dimaria fans) with Dimaria's pervert hobby. I hope Gray pisses her off :teehee. As for possibility of him vs Invel, it seems like a destined fight, if we follow Mashima's trend. But usually Gray's opponents all were related to him, either his father, his old friend, or his master's daughter. I have no idea who Invel is..

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I want to see gray and Laxus in team it would be godly ! Ice and lightning ! Mashima creates a new broptp and i hope we see them teams up in the future !

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
How strong is Gray?
On Par with Natsu w/o Igneels Magc Power and Gajeel

Who will he fight?

Invel

What's his trump card?

Devil Slayer's equivalent of Dragon Force

Appearance and Personality?

The same always,

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think this manga would have been better off with gray actually becoming the dark, twisted person that we saw after the tartaros arc

(remember when he was working undercover with erza to try to crush that dark guild)

its not that i dont like gray i just feel like the story would have had some much needed drama if someone of that magnitude became evil and then they fought to

bring him back to the light

just my opinion

as for this arc, he does seem strong, but i would have liked for him to perform better against the historia version of ur ... i would like to think that he had passed her up in power a while back

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly... after the recent chapter, I have no ******* idea what Gray's job in the southern front was....

- Obviously when Mavis made the plan, she should have thought about what would happen.

- Obviously the Southern Front Team had a lot of strong members in it already... Gray being there was completely unnecessary

- Obviously the Southern Front had the weakest Spriggans compared to all other fronts, yet Mavis placed FT's strongest all on the weakest side

Now that the battle in the South is pretty much over (unless another Spriggan shows up)..... as you can see, almost all of the "strong" characters got their own spotlight with a Spriggan.

Meanwhile, Gray has been fighting nothing but fodders and a fake ass Ur.

Meanwhile, there have been crucifixions up in the North and two Spriggans are hyped up to be so strong (Bloodman and Eileen).

So, having said all that, my predictions since the beginning was correct all along. It was just too easy to foresee this.

Gray should never have been in the South as it didn't fit his role. He did absolutely nothing and served no purpose but help Lyon with his unstable emotions (Lyon's a cool guy, I'm just saying..)

So having said that, got 2 questions that I would like answered in the upcoming chapters:

1. What did Gray accomplish in the ******* South? Did somebody even think for a second when they decided to place Gray in the South?

The moment I knew Jellal/Laxus was gonna be in the South, I knew that Gray wasn't going to receive a spotlight nor was he needed there.

2. How the **** is Mavis the best Tactician in FT?

In my opinion, Gray would have made a way better tactician and should be the next master of Fairy Tail (9th Master).

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Honestly... after the recent chapter, I have no ******* idea what Gray's job in the southern front was...
When all that power went South I initially wondered why (Natsu was also in this group). Then Jellal showed up south; and they won with excessive force (Jellal and Kagura are completely fine, Gray/Lyon have minor or moderate injuries at best, Laxus is cured of sickness, Erza/Wendy are

I feel team North will lose to Alvarez. And August will actually solo the guild. This will leave thing in dire straits, and then team South comes to provide back up. I am more confident in the North losing than August soloing (I can see August losing if something like Dragon Force is used by Natsu).

So I think Gray was sent South so that he wasn't sent North. I still think he fights Invel, it's the most logical match-up. So Gray will have to wait for a while.

1. What did Gray accomplish in the ******* South? Did somebody even think for a second when they decided to place Gray in the South?

The moment I knew Jellal/Laxus was gonna be in the South, I knew that Gray wasn't going to receive a spotlight nor was he needed there.
It seems all Gray was used for was to help Lyon out.

2. How the **** is Mavis the best Tactician in FT?

In my opinion, Gray would have made a way better tactician and should be the next master of Fairy Tail (9th Master).
I don't like hating on characters but I do generally cringe when Mavis comes up with a strategy. She did wins some wars when she was alive through tactics so that's why she's revered as the master strategist or whatever. Plus on a personal note I don't put a whole heap of stock into strategy for this manga because it's not a major theme.

Gray can use his magic well in battle but it's not the same as planning a war. Plus he's able bodied v Mavis who's a projection (well maybe not anymore if Cana frees her).

I can see Gray being a Master. I'd probs back Laxus to get the nod though.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tbh I'm happy Gray didn't get a major role in the war so far because we know he will get one and that obviously means that Mashima is saving Gray for something pretty awesome.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Don't know why but i want to see gray and jellal teams up..that could be very badass !

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, yeah, I wouldn't mind that so much. A tag team between the two will look pretty cool.

But if we are talking about tag teams here, I would like to see the duo Gray and Gildartz.

For anybody out there that has read Fairy Tail: Ice Trail, you know what I'm talking about.

Gray goes way back with Gildartz, way before even Natsu and Lisanna.

Maybe even Cana (not 100% sure though).

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Actually, yeah, I wouldn't mind that so much. A tag team between the two will look pretty cool.

But if we are talking about tag teams here, I would like to see the duo Gray and Gildartz.

For anybody out there that has read Fairy Tail: Ice Trail, you know what I'm talking about.

Gray goes way back with Gildartz, way before even Natsu and Lisanna.

Maybe even Cana (not 100% sure though).
Oh yeah man an tag team between gray and gildarts would be so cool and so hype.. !!
For now i want gray to show his true powers..i don't know against who he will use that but i can't wait to see his ace in the hole..

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like Gray's fight is going to be one of, if not, last. All of Team Natsu have fought a spirrgan except him, and the rest of the fights are set up. Right now it's looking like Gray & Juvia VS Invel, because he won't take him on alone and Juvia needs someone to fight. If someone like Levy got the chance to face a spirrgan, no doubt Juvia will too.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really hate how the fights so far are being unfairly distributed. It seems like the powerhouses in the Tartaros, GMG, Tenrou, etc. have continued to get their spotlights over and over.

Gray needs to fight a Spriggan solo ASAP. I don't want the BS thing where Natsu and Gajeel bite more than they can swallow and then Gray comes in to save them.

Although I would like to see an enemy where Natsu and Gajeel lose to... if Gray somehow finishes off that enemy, then I just know people will come up with the excuse:

"Oh, well, you see, Natsu and Gajeel technically did a lot of damage to that enemy, so Gray only cleaned it up with the help of Natsu and Gajeel"

I'm tired of excuses such as those and "effective only against demons", that I'd rather Gray not bail anybody out.

And I don't want a Gray & Partner vs. Spriggan. Cuz then people will use the excuse that Gray had the help of a sidekick. It's about time Gray get a serious one on one so we can finally gauge and settle the score about Gray's power.

So far, the list of enemies that Gray can fight have significantly dwindled:

August (taken)... Probably by Natsu...again...

Bloodman (taken) by Gajeel

Eileen (taken)..... Lol, this woman will probably challenge Acnologia or be taken out by the time Gray gets there

so that ultimately leaves:

Rahkeid - I would imagine that Mira might fight him because they are the only 2 powerhouses left in the North unless Mira fights Eileen

Invel- Ugghhh, another ice user. If Gray fights him, I know that there will be some excuse about "Gray being immune or having some kind of advantage"

Zeref and Acnologia- Probably gonna be fighting END....AGAIN #&$*#$%......

Brandish- Seems like the only decent one left...but then either Lucy is gonna help him out or Brandish will be defeated by talk no jutsu

So.... yeah, I'm done..... Gray will never get a chance to prove himself let alone one spotlight....

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Why not? Don't stop hoping. Gray being saved for the last could be a good sign Mashima-sensei will give us a spectacular Gray's fight. As for who will be his opponent, I find Invel the most likely option. Looking forward to it.