Art - Volume Covers and Official Art Thread | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Art Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Ultear should be on the next cover because I'm sure that there are people who read the series as each volume comes out instead of each week and that would be a huge spoiler for them. The cover should include the Sky Sister, Dimaria, and perhaps Jellal.
Volumes usually cover 9 chapters so the next slot would be 474-482 which covers SS vs. Dimaria, Nalu vs. Jacob, Beginning of Neinhart fight so yeah I expect the SS and Dimaria to be the main feature with Jellal, Natsu, Jacob somewhere thrown in cause you're right, some people just get the volumes

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
This cover is so random.
It's based off the ova "Fairies Penalty Game" which is bundled in with the volume, it drops on May 17th fam

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
It's based off the ova "Fairies Penalty Game" which is bundled in with the volume, it drops on May 17th fam
Where is Lily? There are Happy and Carla but Lily is not there. Or did I miss him?

Tryndamere

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Volume 55 cover is great i love it especially Natsu , lucy and Happy.
* still laughing at Laxus and Wahl tiny pictures :babyrage

Last edited:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

GamerSkull

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's an interesting alternate cover. I'm not sure if I remember Wendy dressed as a bride during the Fairies' Penalty Game... (I may need to re-read it). Is Romeo wearing a suit? :cheez I wonder how many people actually ship those two?

If Irene/Eileen is not on the cover for Volume 57, I'll rage! :XD Also, I don't remember the bonus chapter that the OVA either is based on having a scene like that in the cave-swamp thingy... new content? (my memory apparently sucks) Anyway, I think my favorite cover so far is the one for Volume 50. I like the callback it had to the very first volume.

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
If either Kagura or Jellal will not appear on cover i will be somehow disappointed ( if i count chapters right :P) :pwned but we will probably get Mavis,Lucy and Natsu :zomg
Yeah, I think the volume (56) should have Wendy, Chelia, and Kagura on it in some manner as they were the three people most effected by their respective fights. Jellal and Erza didn't undergo a change during the battle like those three did. Volume 57 should have Irene and whatever people that turn out to be "Savage Six" (if she's not one of them) or whatever they're called based on translations.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
eah, I think the volume (56) should have Wendy, Chelia, and Kagura on it in some manner as they were the three people most effected by their respective fights. Jellal and Erza didn't undergo a change during the battle like those three did.
We will live and we will see :P
That fight affects Jellal as when he first sure that Simon is a illusion create by Neinhart but after Kagura and him talk ( offscreen=damn really :P ) he hestitate when Simon appears again ( and this fights affects Erza somehow as well :P)
+ Wendy and Sherria battle and Statham "epic" battle it's so much to choose for the cover ..But i highly doubt that Irene will appear in this cover

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
We will live and we will see :P
That fight affects Jellal as when he first sure that Simon is a illusion create by Neinhart but after Kagura and him talk ( offscreen=damn really :P ) he hestitate when Simon appears again ( and this fights affects Erza somehow as well :P)
+ Wendy and Sherria battle and Statham "epic" battle it's so much to choose for the cover ..But i highly doubt that Irene will appear in this cover
Yeah, I agree with all that for the next volume's cover. I was talking about the volume after that featuring Irene.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Volume 55

Am I the only one who doesn't like this cover?

I can barely see Brandish. And she's all alone down there. What is Wahl doing? And is that Laxus up in the corner there?

I think the Natsu, Lucy and Happy bits are fine. I do think Brandish should have been larger and behind/next to Lucy. Laxus and Wahl could have been on the bottom or top going head to head rather than just put in randomly. Just feels like there is a lot of empty space here.

Cover 55 limited edition
I prefer this cover, it's got better balance. Gray does look funny though :)

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Am I the only one who doesn't like this cover?

I can barely see Brandish. And she's all alone down there. What is Wahl doing? And is that Laxus up in the corner there?

I think the Natsu, Lucy and Happy bits are fine. I do think Brandish should have been larger and behind/next to Lucy. Laxus and Wahl could have been on the bottom or top going head to head rather than just put in randomly. Just feels like there is a lot of empty space here.

I prefer this cover, it's got better balance. Gray does look funny though :)
I think Laxus ugly ass is the only thing wrong with it, his face looks like a tree stump. Besides I like the vibes coming from the cover:
-Natsu reflecting on the truth bomb from his bro
-Happy crying from saving Natsu
-Lucy in tears from her reunion with Aquarius
-Wahl just looking dope doing something
-Mermaid Brandish :hearts

Still better than last volume cover, that one was dry as hell

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think Laxus ugly ass is the only thing wrong with it, his face looks like a tree stump. Besides I like the vibes coming from the cover:

I agree on the Lucy/Natsu/Happy points. That's why I think Brandish should be next to Lucy, to reflect that overall theme.

Wahl/Laxus can even be taken out of this cover. They don't really fit in.

Tryndamere

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Lucy in tears because Natsu was unable to move.

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States