TV - The Television Show Thread | Page 77 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV The Television Show Thread

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
"Creature" you say?! So they have delved into supernatural or meta-humanish things?! If so, I'm sold!

Yea, and it works with Jessica Jones. I don't think it will work with Luke Cage, who is much like Superman. The dark, grittiness fit her and her story/powers.
oh my bad.. I meant to say "Creatures" :D

yeah.. I think I'd laugh if I ever saw Luke Cage like that. :XD

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
oh my bad.. I meant to say "Creatures" :D

yeah.. I think I'd laugh if I ever saw Luke Cage like that. :XD
Plural?! Well looks like I have to add that show to my already unmanageable list. lol

I suppose they had to hold him back since he could accidentally kill someone, but then again, why should Marvel care about that? They don't mind making their heros kill so they might as well let Luke utilize his full strength. lol

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
yes! plural :D

though some seem to have been taken care of off-screen.

true.. he should just wreck havoc all over the place. I wonder who will be the boss villain though. should be interesting to see what kind of villain can push back someone like Luke Cage.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Just two more days until Luke Cage airs! Have you seen the final trailer for it yet?

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
IKR!

haven't watched the final trailer or any trailer :XD

I'll just watch it when it comes out :amuse

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Anyone see the Ash vs Evil Dead S2 premier?

IKR!

haven't watched the final trailer or any trailer :XD

I'll just watch it when it comes out :amuse
Good idea! That way it'll be all new content. Too bad I already watched them to figure out if the quality would be worth watching. I bet the trailers spoiled all the good parts, too. :pjsalt

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Anyone see the Ash vs Evil Dead S2 premier?

Good idea! That way it'll be all new content. Too bad I already watched them to figure out if the quality would be worth watching. I bet the trailers spoiled all the good parts, too. :pjsalt
haven't watched Ash vs Evil S2 premier.. nor season 1. :XD

what is it about?

too bad about the trailer :nah

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
haven't watched Ash vs Evil S2 premier.. nor season 1. :XD

what is it about?

too bad about the trailer :nah
Ash vs Evil Dead is about (the same character from the original movies (Evil Dead & Army of Darkness)) having to fight back demons he and his friends summoned during the first movie from a book called the "Necronomicon".

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going to wait until the whole season is out before I watch Ash vs the Evil dead season 2. Season 1 was great though so I have to think season 2 will be too.

Right now there is so much good stuff for me to watch. I've got Luke Cage and a new season from Longmire on netflix The Lethal Weapon tv adaptation is also surprisingly not terrible.

Anybody check out the MacGyver remake? I just assumed it was terrible but never actually watched it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, and speaking of terrible, watched a bit of Dark Matter's second season. I was really hoping that show could find it's legs but it is just not very good. Classic Sci-Fi badness too. An interesting concept being dragged down by clone plotlines, bad acting, and alternate universe/time travel garbage. It really should have just copied more stuff from Firefly. That was it's real mistake.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I haven't checked out the MacGyver show yet, but I am almost certain it will be trash. I've been meaning to give The Lethal Weapon show a try, too. I guess I'll do that sooner rather than later.

As for S2 of Dark Matter: I loved it. :biblethump the show's name kind implied they'd be revealing things like this, so I went in expecting it. Alternative timelines can be so fun too. :kreygasm

EDIT

Anyone catch the latest episode for Van(essa) Helsing or The Exorcist? I think they both have some great potential.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finally got into watching Power on my Netflix this past week, I'm nearing the end of season 2 now.

A lot of the plot is cliché, as in there's nothing you've not seen in any other show before, it's just how it's presented and I'm kinda hooked on it now.

My favourite character would have to be Tommy by quite a mile. He's not trying to be anything other than what he is and he has this childishness to him that is hilarious, scary and endearing at the same time.

After I finish this, I'll begin Like Cage.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't checked out the MacGyver show yet, but I am almost certain it will be trash. I've been meaning to give The Lethal Weapon show a try, too. I guess I'll do that sooner rather than later.

As for S2 of Dark Matter: I loved it. :biblethump the show's name kind implied they'd be revealing things like this, so I went in expecting it. Alternative timelines can be so fun too. :kreygasm
Well I'm glad somebody liked it.

I really wanted to be able to get into Dark Matter. There are so many pieces there. The guy who plays 3, the outlaw guy, is actually good. The captain girl is... fine I guess. And the hacker girl is ok. Everybody else just can't act. Especially the former Cop and the former billionaire. And the show keeps giving them these hard things to do like playing multiple versions of themselves or do nuanced emotional stuff and they just can't do it.

This is one of those shows that I think really could have used a former B list and current C list actor and use that person to take attention away from weaker parts of the cast. Like Stargate had with Richard Dean Anderson. Somebody who isn't necessarily a good actor but can act at least a little bit when the situation calls for it and has some charisma.

The Nick Cage type would probably be aiming a little high but what's Emilio Esteves doing these days? Or Christopher Lambert? Or Lance Henrickson? Or Michael Biehn? There has to be somebody out there.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
watched 5 episodes of Luke Cage so far.. gotta say I'm not digging it right now.

I'm surprised it has a 8.5/10 rating on IMDB.

it doesn't even come close to Daredevil and Jessica Jones, IMO.

might change my opinion if I finish watching all episodes.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've just finished watching Stranger Things. It was a great little Netflix series that was executed rather well in my opinion. I hope that it get's a third season, because something like this can go places

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
watched 5 episodes of Luke Cage so far.. gotta say I'm not digging it right now.

It is a lot slower than both of those shows, but you might like it the closer you get to the ending. I suspect S2 will give the show its real legs. S1 felt more like an opener to explain his character, background and capabilities.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It is a lot slower than both of those shows, but you might like it the closer you get to the ending. I suspect S2 will give the show its real legs. S1 felt more like an opener to explain his character, background and capabilities.
So pretty much, S1 is the Pilot Episode :XD

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
that's actually true.. It gets better as you progress with the story.

I hope there's more explanation to how he turned like that than what I saw on Episode 3 or 4.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm only one episode in, so I'm not sure what I think yet. But my very early impression are about the same.

The thing that's bugging me is that half the episode seems focused on the music. Like in the middle of a dialogue scene it would cut to the nightclub stage for 10 seconds and show the musician doing his thing then cut back to the dialogue. I wouldn't like that even if the music was of a type I liked.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm only one episode in, so I'm not sure what I think yet. But my very early impression are about the same.

The thing that's bugging me is that half the episode seems focused on the music. Like in the middle of a dialogue scene it would cut to the nightclub stage for 10 seconds and show the musician doing his thing then cut back to the dialogue. I wouldn't like that even if the music was of a type I liked.
exactly. there's a lot of unnecessary switching and other stuff.

then there are scenes where I'm like "wth are you doing Luke?", "why aren't you doing anything?", and I'm not digging the fight scenes and some special effects as well.