Shounen - Kimetsu no Yaiba by Koyoharu Gotouge | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kimetsu no Yaiba by Koyoharu Gotouge

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I will still put Rengoku above him though not sure about Tengen.
I don't think Tengen was stronger than Kyoujurou. Kyoujurou did rather well against Akaza, the N.3. Gyutarou was weaker.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Tengen was stronger than Kyoujurou. Kyoujurou did rather well against Akaza, the N.3. Gyutarou was weaker.
I don't know if Kyojurou would've stood much of a better chance against Gyutarou. That poison he had was potent and Tengen only lasted as long as he did because of his resistance. Akaza is a stronger, but he's a better match for most Pillars because he doesn't have a ton of tricks, like Gyutarou and Daki or Gyokko even, he's fairly straight forward in his style.

Either way, it's interesting to think about. Upper Moons are strong as hell and have killed a ton of Pillars before, so it's still impressive the both of them did as well as they did.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 119.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Muichirou is in control and still using the Breath of the Mist. I guess it's not that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like the birthmark comes from the anger/rage of the "Chosen" users, which allow them to focus clearly and gives them enhanced battle clarity and, I guess, allow them to do a "Full" Full Focus Breath or something. I could see this being the reason why this fight is juxtaposed with Haganezuka's focus on the blade. I can see Gyokko comparing their composure in the next chapter or so and then we'll switch back to Tanjirou to further support this observation.

Tanjirou failed the first time because he couldn't overcome his "Life" Limit, which was brought up during his fight against Daki. That chapter said that people trained until they coughed up blood to extend that limit. This chapter confirms that Muchirou trained until he coughed up blood, so we can assume he has a significantly higher "Life" Limit than Tanjirou, so he can fight with his rage without immediate reprucussion.

DJBlitzkrieg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Chapter 119.
Muichirou is in control and still using the Breath of the Mist. I guess it's not that simple.
He became a pillar using breath of the Mist, it's the breath that suits his body the most for all we know, unlike Tanjirou who made a bunch of remarks about his body not being fit for breath of water.
Seems like the birthmark comes from the anger/rage of the "Chosen" users, which allow them to focus clearly and gives them enhanced battle clarity and, I guess, allow them to do a "Full" Full Focus Breath or something. I could see this being the reason why this fight is juxtaposed with Haganezuka's focus on the blade. I can see Gyokko comparing their composure in the next chapter or so and then we'll switch back to Tanjirou to further support this observation.

Tanjirou failed the first time because he couldn't overcome his "Life" Limit, which was brought up during his fight against Daki. That chapter said that people trained until they coughed up blood to extend that limit. This chapter confirms that Muchirou trained until he coughed up blood, so we can assume he has a significantly higher "Life" Limit than Tanjirou, so he can fight with his rage without immediate reprucussion.
I like your theory, would explain why Tokitou's mark is different from Tanjirou's (though that still doesn't explain why tanjirou's mark isn't water shaped instead of beign exactly the same as the BoTS samurai).

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like your theory, would explain why Tokitou's mark is different from Tanjirou's (though that still doesn't explain why tanjirou's mark isn't water shaped instead of beign exactly the same as the BoTS samurai).
The tattoo's shape might be determined by the same thing that determines the user's blade color.

Muchirou's shape does look like water on first glance, but it's most likely supposed to look like smoke/mist.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He became a pillar using breath of the Mist, it's the breath that suits his body the most for all we know, unlike Tanjirou who made a bunch of remarks about his body not being fit for breath of water.
True but Tanjirou only had the opportunity to learn the Breath of Water with Urokodaki IIRC. He is not compatible with it, but maybe he is compatible with one of the other Breath(Fire, Rock etc.). Muichirou is compatible with the Breath of the Mist indeed but I think it would be kinda weird if he was incompatible with the Breath of the Sun. Possible, but unlikely IMO. Maybe he just never really tried to learn it, or didn't try hard enough back then.

DJBlitzkrieg

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
TMuichirou is compatible with the Breath of the Mist indeed but I think it would be kinda weird if he was incompatible with the Breath of the Sun. Possible, but unlikely IMO. Maybe he just never really tried to learn it, or didn't try hard enough back then.
Remember that neither we or the characters on the manga know anything about Btreah of The Sun, there are people like Rengoku's father that know about its existence but that's it, the only remotely close thing to the BoTS that we know about is the Dance of The Fire God and that seems to be hidden among the Kamado family, and only Tanjirou/Nezuko are left from there. So taking all of this into account and implying Muichirou really was compatible with it, I doubt he would've had the opportunity of learning it, even if he wanted to.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder what Gyokko's "other stage" is. Upper Moons seems to have several surprises up their sleeves and Gyokko has only shown one thing so far.

DJBlitzkrieg

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I wonder what Gyokko's "other stage" is. Upper Moons seems to have several surprises up their sleeves and Gyokko has only shown one thing so far.
Since his name literally means " Fish pot" in japanese and his theme is spawning fish-like monstrosities, I expect him to unleash more deadly things like lovecraft-like sharks

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
"Is that pot of yours deformed or something" :clingy

Really funny chapter. Also the turn everything into fish punch is really interesting.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What a good chapter! Slander showdown indeed, Muichirou was awesome :gar. He might really be stronger than Tengen.

I like Gyokko's abilities.
Since his name literally means " Fish pot" in japanese and his theme is spawning fish-like monstrosities, I expect him to unleash more deadly things like lovecraft-like sharks
The fishes don't look like monstrosities, but his ability is pretty scary :D.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
What a good chapter! Slander showdown indeed, Muichirou was awesome :gar. He might really be stronger than Tengen.

I like Gyokko's abilities.

The fish don't look like monstrosities, but his ability is pretty scary :D.
I really want to see this technique used on you.Oh Demon please don't refuse.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
"Everything I punch turns into fish" is a perfect ability I wouldn't change anything about it.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, this cements it. This series goes right next to Toriko in my Top 5 Shonen. Now I just need to think about the other 3.

Gyokko can literally fish fist people to death.

He might really be stronger than Tengen.
Tengen's my boy, but it's looking like it. This Birthmark Mode seems to allow Muchirou to fight through the poison more efficiently than Tengen did, so he might've been able to handle Daki and Gyutarou much more easily.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wonderful chapter :D The petty banter I can't say who's more childish. I'm liking tokitou more and more and gyokko ability is just perfect.

On the side, haganezuka still working.... I haven't mourned his eye... this series top ikemen....

We have a date for the anime!

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Amazing! :wtf

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Looking good! I only sew their fate adaptations and kara no kyoukai so, yeah a lot of faith :celebrateGood luck with the clothes patterns. For critic sake though: A] Tanjirou's have the activated scar not the burn one?
b] I'm not a fan of the hair changing color midway thing, I know it's like that in the manga but we don't have to see it page to page there...

Can't wait to see tanjirou's haori flattering, and Nezoku is too cute, too pink :zomg Inosuke soon!! and zenitsu I guess