Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 761 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialHxH

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
TOC

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
People keep saying this, but they can’t just ignore the Japanese side of things, because it’s still where they’ll likely get the majority of their sales from. Heck, aside from what’s already been added, there are only a handful of other series that you can even say are popular in the west in the first place.
Nah, the majority of the sales will come from the west which is of course bigger than Japan because it's a group of countries. I see Jump Force reaching at least 150k FW. In just US that already could be bigger.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Famitsu week 37

14./00. [PS4] Black Clover: Quartet Knights <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.09.13} (¥7.600) - 5.217 / NEW <40-60%>

23./16. [NSW] My Hero: One's Justice <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.23} (¥7.600) - 2.363 / 38.236 <80-100%> (-42%)

30./23. [PS4] My Hero: One's Justice <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.08.23} (¥7.600) - 1.567 / 23.563 <80-100%> (-38%)

heroaca are still selling out

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly now i should just wait and later post Heiji's posts lol. Make it a lot easier.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
People keep saying this, but they can’t just ignore the Japanese side of things, because it’s still where they’ll likely get the majority of their sales from. Heck, aside from what’s already been added, there are only a handful of other series that you can even say are popular in the west in the first place.
I know but there's no denying they're catering more to the west than ever before. There's a stage in New York/Time Square, you really think any Japanese fan asked for that? Also, the trailer used that stage to adverise the game and even had Luffy with the American flag, it's blantly obvious that they are catering heavy to the west with this one. Jump Force is going to be an xbox one game, a console that's very unpopular in Japan. I think this is the first time a Jump game in coming to xbox...that says a lot. I would argue most of the sales will probably be from the west since xbox is getting this game, that's another stream of revenue that the Japanese wont be able to tap into

All the series announced thus far are popular/familiar in the west.
The entirety of the Toriko manga is available in English, sure it wasn't a huge success but it was at least a major mainstay in Viz Jump. And Kinnikuman is relatively well known depending on the country (at least for the toys localised as M.U.S.C.L.E.).

J-stars had 39 playable characters for comparison so I imagine we'll get a roster of a similar size or a bit more. I'm also think we may see less series total than J-stars but more per series on average.
Honestly I think we're pretty damn lucky to have the entirety of the Toriko manga in english. Maybe I'm underestimating the popularity of it in the west

Last edited:

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Honestly now i should just wait and later post Heiji's posts lol. Make it a lot easier.
No you can post also, sometimes you big help for me too^^

Btw, Togashi left an afterword in the new volume of Hokuto no Ken - Ichigo Aji. And at the end he signs: Yoshihihiro Togashi, (unemployed), who lives in Tokyo. XD

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

OC by Akira Toriyama

Last edited:

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
J Stars has 39 playable, 13 supports from 32 Jump Series (made for 45th anniversary)
So far J Force has 18 playable from 6 Jump Series (Light is not playable)

Since 5 of the 6 are series from the 90s i better see my boi Taikoubo and Dakki :emocat.

Big Boss Togashi has the highest number of character count now 6 compare to One Piece at 5.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Next series to be revealed in Jump Force should be JoJo. There has been already teasing about it.

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
Who are the characters from HunterxHunter? All I remember is Gon, Hisoka, Kilua and Kurapika, but there's 6 total? I don't even know who the other two could be.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
TOC
That spread page is stunning! The mangaka is improving a lot.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who are the characters from HunterxHunter? All I remember is Gon, Hisoka, Kilua and Kurapika, but there's 6 total? I don't even know who the other two could be.
He's also counting Toguro and Yuusuke.

Also that Jujutsu color spread is dope but I think it's because I really love jellyfish lol

Haru Hana

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
the nose got better
This! Jujutsu's color pages are not bad to say the least, but the way the author draw nose really annoys me for some reasons. But this one is really good and those jellyfishes are nice too.

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So we have in Jump Force
-5 OP characters
-4 HxH characters
-3 DB characters
-3 Bleach characters
-Only 2 Naruto characters despite Naruto being in the cover with Goku and Luffy

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Yusuke, Togoro Killua, Kurapika

Original Characters

(almost) All revealed Fighters + specials

Last edited:

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
So we have in Jump Force
-5 OP characters
-4 HxH characters
-3 DB characters
-3 Bleach characters
-Only 2 Naruto characters despite Naruto being in the cover with Goku and Luffy
To add to this, 9 more characters coming after launch in the season pass.

Last edited:

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wonder if they’ll get Oda and Kishimoto to design some more original characters

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
someone started Editing Dragon Quest: Souten no Soura from V-Jump the same week HxH is returning

https://mangadex.org/chapter/449928

there's nothing you can say to convince me this isn't planned

btw, with its volume 12 releasing this month, Dragon Quest: Souten no Soura is officially the longest running manga in V-Jump history overtaking Dragon Quest: Slime Morimori which had 11 volumes

one has to wonder if DBS manga will continue with a new arc after it catches up to the anime or will it end

Status
Not open for further replies.