Discussion - Meliodas' Original Magic Power | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Meliodas' Original Magic Power

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, every one is already familiar with the HYPE that's been built around the OG Magic of Meliodas.
In the new chapter, the DK said: " ... Meliodas, surely you cannot have ...!" his son then responded: " .. it is just as you said ... I am certainly afraid".
What I got from these two lines is that the DK has nearly figured out the nature / identity of Mel's ability. Apparently, he certainly DID have an idea about that power in the past, but he didn't know that his son possesses it until his arm was butchered. So what are your thoughts about this fearsome "ability"?

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Well, every one is already familiar with the HYPE that's been built around the OG Magic of Meliodas.
In the new chapter, the DK said: " ... Meliodas, surely you cannot have ...!" his son then responded: " .. it is just as you said ... I am certainly afraid".
What I got from these two lines is that the DK has nearly figured out the nature / identity of Mel's ability. Apparently, he certainly DID have an idea about that power in the past, but he didn't know that his son possesses it until his arm was butchered. So what are your thoughts about this fearsome "ability"?

My thoughts about this fearsome ability is that he is too op and someone needs to nerf the dude in this patch because this expansion ends in less than a year so good luck to the developers :D

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
His magic power is ass-pull.

Nakaba grants him a magic power, capable of shitting on God tier opponents because Meliodas.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
His magic power is ass-pull.

Nakaba grants him a magic power, capable of shitting on God tier opponents because Meliodas.
Lmao now wasn't there a similar line for erza from ft like erza can one shot eveyone and get out of situations because she is erza? Lmao

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
With magics like Snatch and Break out there, Meliodas better have something really OP, and it looks like he does. Innate magic letting characters hit above their weight class is nothing new to the series, its no surprise that the main character obtained such a magic.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I still have hope in the SD lol...
With yoda voice: Still hope you have? hm you should not. hope there is no more ruined the manga nakaba just have.

The end

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
My thoughts about this fearsome ability is that he is too op and someone needs to nerf the dude in this patch because this expansion ends in less than a year so good luck to the developers :D
I think it is actually (already) nerfed by default since the beginning of manga, as it is definitely not that sort of ability which you can use whenever or wherever you want. That should be its drawback I guess.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The DK called Mel a destroyer in chapter 284 and now in this chapter his arm gets destroyed. For what we know, it appears to be an extremely haxed and destructive ability that has serious drawbacks for Mel to be afraid of using it.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I think it is actually (already) nerfed by default since the beginning of manga, as it is definitely not that sort of ability which you can use whenever or wherever you want. That should be its drawback I guess.
Do you really believe that he got nerfed? I am pretty sure he got a brand new skill out of his ass who is probably even more hax than his full counter and revenge counter.

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm gonna be a contrarian and say it's awesome and will give him a better chance at vs battle wiki

martezwb

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel that Mel’s magic is not only a destroy everything type magic but one that also cancels out others abilities

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I feel that Mel’s magic is not only a destroy everything type magic but one that also cancels out others abilities
In better words, it is some sort of "Omni-Negation"; an ability that can obliterate anything including conceptual objects as it was hinted back in ch 283 to be able to beat The Ruler. Maybe when fully unleashed, it negatively affects the fabric of reality itself, and that's possibly why Meliodas chose the option of absorbing commandments instead of using his OG Magic.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like it’s some sort of absolute destruction or the ability to harm others hat otherwise can’t be hurt.

I can’t call it an asspull though. Ban has one scar despite all the opponents he’s faced and Meliodas gave it to him. There’s also Chandler walking around with the same ability and Maelstarossa. It was hinted at.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Looks like it’s some sort of absolute destruction or the ability to harm others hat otherwise can’t be hurt.

I can’t call it an asspull though. Ban has one scar despite all the opponents he’s faced and Meliodas gave it to him. There’s also Chandler walking around with the same ability and Maelstarossa. It was hinted at.
The feat of him leaving a scar on a literally immortal individual seems to me like "reality rejection" which is in principle one aspect of the Absolute Destruction. What I mean by this is that it allows Meliodas to achieve virtually impossible feats, i.e, scaring Ban & Destroying the arm of the DK (despite the Ruler possibly).

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The feat of him leaving a scar on a literally immortal individual seems to me like "reality rejection" which is in principle one aspect of the Absolute Destruction. What I mean by this is that it allows Meliodas to achieve virtually impossible feats, i.e, scaring Ban & Destroying the arm of the DK (despite the Ruler possibly).
So Meliodas basically has Orihimes power?

Nakaba plz

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So Meliodas basically has Orihimes power?

Nakaba plz
We are just speculating here .. you know :p
But, if it turns out that Mel's OG power is responsible for that scar on Ban, then it'll pretty much be a similar case to Orihime's power. Reality Rejection is basically the ability to erase certain objects from reality (as she did when she "erased" the arm of Grimmjow being destroyed), which makes it simply one aspect of Absolute Destruction.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
For somehow the effect looks like what an Ark would do to a Demon.

So I feel it erases everything.That is Mel's innate magic.