Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 492 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #42 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Piece 1126

• Jujutsu Kaisen 269

• Mission: Yozakura Family 242

• Undead Unluck 222

• Me & Roboco 201

• Sakamoto Days 182

• The Elusive Samurai 172

• Witch Watch 171

• Blue Box 164

• Akane Banashi 126

• Kill Blue 69

• Nue's Exorcist 66

• Kagurabachi 49

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 30

• Astro Royale 21

• Yokai Buster Murakami 13

• Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 12

• Hima-Ten! 10

• Ichi the Witch 2

• Shinobi Undercover 1 - New Series!

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Enezneb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #43 (2024)
HAKUTAKU (Cover & LCP, New Series by Ishikawa Kouki, 54p)
Sakamoto Days
One Piece
Shinobi Undercover (Color Page, 2nd Chapter, 25p)
Blue Box
Jujutsu Kaisen
Me & Roboco (Color Page, 200th Chapter, Announcement of Release Date of the Movie)
Ichi the Witch (3rd Chapter, 23p)
The Elusive Samurai
Kagurabachi
Hima-Ten!
Witch Watch
Akane-banashi
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page, Battle Climax)
Astro Royale
Nue's Exorcist
Kill Blue
Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Undead Unluck
Yokai Buster Murakami

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #44 (2024) - Information
Blue Box (Cover & LCP, TV Anime Broadcast Start, Great Popularity)
HAKUTAKU (Color Page, 2nd Chapter, 25p)
Nue's Exorcist (Color Page)
Jujutsu Kaisen (Extra Large Color Page, Final Chapter)
Shinobi Undercover (3rd Chapter, 23p)
One Piece (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #45 (2024) - Information
One Piece (Cover & LCP)

Last edited by a moderator:

shonenblue

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Obviously doesn’t mean too much, but the Japanese reception to Kyokuto Necromance on Twitter seems very positive. Curious if it’s the same over on Matome, etc. I don’t think it’ll necessarily translate to long-term success based on the low number of views on J+ but it’d be cool if it did, I enjoy the series thus far.

JBC008

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
What i mean is that i went for 28 volumes because of the covers theme and you went with 30 because you're thinking about Asa's family getting covers in 2 members too which i don't think it will happen, in the end i still have my doubts about Asa even being "the final villain" of the series because i think Gondaira could just easily keep going like UU is doing specially with the anime proving to be a decent success, but i feel like at the veeery least the manga will keep going until the anime ends on October, Mashle manga ended in the same week S1 ended.
I’ll hold you to it. But I think it will be 30 volumes and that Asa is the final villain. But I had that debate with myself here mostly because of how MY F never had any long fights.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Issue #32 - My Hero Academia (anniversary, manga ends here)
I find it difficult, very few manga in the history of Jump have had a dedicated cover in the issue of its last chapter.

However, I don't think seven chapters are enough to finish it.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I need to ask, is the Bastard! Anime still on Netflix? I just want to make sure it hasn’t gone away.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to ask, is the Bastard! Anime still on Netflix? I just want to make sure it hasn’t gone away.
Yes it's there just logged in and see all episodes (I'm in USA).. Not sure why they would remove something in just two years.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Yes it's there just logged in and see all episodes (I'm in USA).. Not sure why they would remove something in just two years.
Cause of how things are going in entertainment lately.

It primarily has to do with WB properties and how I remembered that I think WB was a part of the production committee (the anime division). I know a movie like Bubble is Netflix owned so it won’t be a problem, cause when it was released it was theatrical in Japan via WB. It’s just a scary time for me to see this.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I find it difficult, very few manga in the history of Jump have had a dedicated cover in the issue of its last chapter.

However, I don't think seven chapters are enough to finish it.
Not very few, only 2, Slam Dunk and Kochikame.

Cerclox

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Yeah if series like Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, Kimetsu etc didn't got the cover when they ended MHA definitely won't get it, it will get the same treatment as other series just a color page in the magazine when it ends.

One Piece probably will be the last series to get the cover when it ends.

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
What i mean is that i went for 28 volumes because of the covers theme and you went with 30 because you're thinking about Asa's family getting covers in 2 members too which i don't think it will happen, in the end i still have my doubts about Asa even being "the final villain" of the series because i think Gondaira could just easily keep going like UU is doing specially with the anime proving to be a decent success, but i feel like at the veeery least the manga will keep going until the anime ends on October, Mashle manga ended in the same week S1 ended.
going along with you, but I thinK asa is the final villain, but we still have more enemies that'll be working with him. I don't expect this to be the final battle, more like the PLW to MHA's final war arc

Mankichi Togawa

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
MHA isn't going to get a cover for final chapter.

But it should almost for sure get an anniversary cover to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the manga, which could easily happen in the same issue the series ends.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Not very few, only 2, Slam Dunk and Kochikame.
Not Dragon Ball ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But it should almost for sure get an anniversary cover to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the manga, which could easily happen in the same issue the series ends.
Which is the same thing

Qukiqq

Reaction score
Country
England
Rankings this week
1. Sakamoto Days 9.5/10
2. Jujutsu Kaisen 9.5/10
3. Akane banashi 9/10
4. Nue exorcist 8/10
5. Kill blue 8/10
6. Kagurabachi 8/10
7. Roboco 8/10
8.Astro royale 7/10
9.Kyokuyo necromance 7/10
10. Policeman Chojo 7/10
11. Green green greens 6.5/10
12. Undead unluck 6.5/10
13. Psych house 6/10
14.Witch watch 6/10
15. Dear anemone 5/10

This week the two jokes that really got me were gorilla showering and the butler in kill blue wearing air max sneakers :XD

I really don't have any hope in psych house now. Instead of moving the plot , it spent one of the essential first chapters doing basically nothing .It should have introduced the other occupants of the house. Also, I feel like the art declined a bit , especially with the proportions of the characters.

Kyokuto necromance has been better than what I expected from the first chapter but its still just okay with some really good art.

Astro royale finally slowed down a bit but the fight wasn't that well done.

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Not Dragon Ball ?
It didn't, but it got 1st place in the TOC and the Lead Color which is also a super rare thing to get, normally the common end for series in Jump is just a color page and the series placed somewhat in the middle.

Here's the cover where Dragon Ball ended

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It didn't, but it got 1st place in the TOC and the Lead Color which is also a super rare thing to get, normally the common end for series in Jump is just a color page and the series placed somewhat in the middle.

Here's the cover where Dragon Ball ended
why they havent done that to dragon ball? Didnt the last chapter magazine sell like a lot lot bc of it's ending?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sakamoto this week was amazing. When this shit gets animated people will go nuts.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sakamoto this week was amazing. When this shit gets animated people will go nuts.
Well my fear is that it will get the goofy censor (light beams , mist/clouds, lens flare) treatment and be a laughingstock :(

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Literally the same thing like Franz said lol they can just give a anniversary cover in the chapter before the final one like they did with Dr. Stone which celebrated the 5th anniversary and ended in the next chapter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

why they havent done that to dragon ball? Didnt the last chapter magazine sell like a lot lot bc of it's ending?
It's a tradition, Kochikame received because it's Kochikame and the ending of was a actual event.

Dongus

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Well my fear is that it will get the goofy censor (light beams , mist/clouds, lens flare) treatment and be a laughingstock :(
The fear in my mind is if it gets animated like Way Of The Househusband or Record of Ragnarok. Just a bunch of slideshows... Imagine if they just trace over all the neat panels and give some camera movement and sliding effects... That would be the end of days... Sakamoto Days...