Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,307
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Wow, I really thought france was gonna win this one... It's a disappointment IMO... Mexico played this game better this time but I would think in general france would be better than them. I think the WC would be more interesting if france makes it to the next round.....
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I love your subtle requests :XD
Will do this we.^^
Nao!!! :yelling

And what is with the goalkeepers in this wc?See Greece again...
Yeah I know. It's quite worrying lol. Blame...the Green Curse. XD
Perez did really well today in goal for Mexico. :nod

I can't believe this is the game I was at home for. France are terrible, I hope for the good of the tournament that they lose, it'll make the last group game all that interesting.
Uruguay & Mexico ftw! Two abysmal performances by the french, you think they should be forgiven? Hell no. I agree with Koen, Ireland deserved their place in this WC. They would've played much better even Scotland would show more "spirit" on the field.

penalty kick for mexico !!!!!!!

......and goal - 2:0
:shakefist

France was soooooo terrible, sometimes it looked like the french players didnt want to play.....this was refusal to work.
And i dont know why - but i dont like the coach of france.........
He should get :guns for his sh**y selections..

Raymond Domenech...:barf

Bye Bye France:bye

I wonder if we will see a good German game tomorrow...
:bye

Yea, the Germany x Serbia game should be good. England should win tomorrow against Algera. I hope Defoe starts and bags a goal in as well. Will Green start? Mmm. I don't think so.

Wow, I really thought france was gonna win this one... It's a disappointment IMO... Mexico played this game better this time but I would think in general france would be better than them. I think the WC would be more interesting if france makes it to the next round.....
Mexico's performance was great! France were rubbish. In the first 10 mins Mexico could've been 3 nil up. Hell no. France do not deserve to progress to the first KO stage imo.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
^Why you freak not rooting for England btw?

France was just horrible. They don't deserve ever being called favorites from now on.

As for tmrw's match. 3:1 for Germany I'd say. Yeah last match vs Aus made me believe they ain't that bad after all. Not as disappointing as some others that is.. /yes France, Spain, Portugal, I'm looking at you :notrust\
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
^Why you freak not rooting for England btw?
I am. Kinda. :P
I'll be rooting for them Capello.

France was just horrible. They don't deserve ever being called favorites from now on.
Shockingly poor performance. Gallas should retire and Juve apparently want him lol. Agreed.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I know argentina won by quite a bit but I am still not convinced by their overall gameplay. For one thing, the koreans were aweful, they proved beyond reasonable doubt they had no business in the world cup or in the sport at all so a victory over them is not that big a deal. I got the impression their overall gameplay was about the same as when they played nigeria, they were not very coordinated and lacked structure. Messi was spectacular though, every time he touched the ball he made a fantastic play....
Considering what the other teams have shown so far, I'd say that's enough to get pretty far.
 

Harlett

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
257
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Mexico won, Mexico won ♥~ Thanks to Hernandez and Blanco
This is epic, the first time in a World Cup

And how happy I was to see Blanco finally being able to score again, this is most likely the last thing he'll do in the Mexican National Team so it made my day, even though it was on a penalty kick.
Yes.
He'll retire after this, I'm sure. In fact I could say that thanks to him the national team made it to the World Cup, Mexico was about to be left out
I mean... Mexico lost against El Salvador in preliminaries ._.
And in a penalty ...
Mexico is really bad on penalties haha...

Great.
Congratulations to Argentina for their great victory against South Korea.
Uruguay and Mexico to the next round, I wish
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,307
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Considering what the other teams have shown so far, I'd say that's enough to get pretty far.
I thought the exact same thing shortly after writing the post lol... I got chills at the very thought of argentina winning the world cup with maradona as a coach. Definitely a sad day for football.... At this rate, I would not be surprise to see a brazil-argentina final....
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Brazil-Argentina final would be awesome. Dream of my dreams.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I really thought france was gonna win this one... It's a disappointment IMO... Mexico played this game better this time but I would think in general france would be better than them. I think the WC would be more interesting if france makes it to the next round.....
France have wasted their WC spot imo, I think Rep.Ireland woulda entertained us more. The french press are gonna mental in the papers today loool.

Brazil-Argentina final would be awesome. Dream of my dreams.
That would be a great final, but imo, Brazil would win cos their defense is actually quite solid. Thats where the game would be decided, not on how many goals the team can score but how many they can keep out.
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
OMG Germany was really bad.........
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They were not really bad,they were just not good enough:p
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Yeah, twas very disillusioning... but they really had tough luck this time. Red for Klose, Podolski's awkward misses..

Oh wait, Müller with all his too wide flanks was indeed bad. And so was Badsch..something blond dude.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
<Akainu> if they played any worse they'd substract goals from the game against australia
Can't make a better comment to display my opinion on this match :notrust
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That was a good game too! They're getting better when the teams start to get desperate for points :XD
If Australia wins against Ghana all members of the group will have 3 points :p ( not likely, imo )
And btw, what the hell was that penalty for, Vidic? Seriously...
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Is this true ?
They refuse to learn the anthem ?
Well, they probably know half of the first verse and the chorus but you know that does not make much of the national anthem :

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !
Contre nous de la tyrannie,
L'étendard sanglant est levé
[...]
Aux armes, citoyens
Formez vos bataillons
Marchons, marchons !
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons !

Anyway, you can clearly see on the video that some don't sing it and others pretend they're singing, what means they don't know the national anthem.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Today is the day when england will have to snap out of the last match, and just play what they are used to do in the Premier League
7 points for England at the end of the group stages if they win this match today

And finally some better matches...I mean so far tons of red cards, goals with help of the opponent...that's no football
 

One Eyed Sharingan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
573
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Man, i thought Schweinsteiger is the main executor for penalty kicks (since Ballack's not around).
And why did Podolski used his right foot? isn't left is his main canon?

well this is a wake up call.... need to be more cool headed on the next match against Ghana (got yellow cards on Lahm and Schweinsteiger, and few else)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
In France's defence: Same in Germany.

We learn the national anthem somewhen in elementary school (my kids currently annoy the heck out of me with it) and then most of us forget the text.

Many know the beginning, but I think very few Germans can sing it further than the first two lines. You can see that very nicely when it's played and the first two lines are sung loudly by the crowd, then with the beginning of the third line you hear suddenly a switch from singing to humming :XD
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Liked how France got a beating yesterday...too hyped these french, along with italians and germans(no offence meant)...I just can't stand those teams


In France's defence: Same in Germany.

We learn the national anthem somewhen in elementary school (my kids currently annoy the heck out of me with it) and then most of us forget the text.

Many know the beginning, but I think very few Germans can sing it further than the first two lines. You can see that very nicely when it's played and the first two lines are sung loudly by the crowd, then with the beginning of the third line you hear suddenly a switch from singing to humming :XD
A bit offtopic...
In romania, and it can be best seen with football players...it's how they mix up lines from different verses...the thing is there is some sense either way, but it's hilarious
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What a shame,the U.S. was really good and then Slovakia makes the second goal >_>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top