Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Damn iniesta and his last minute goals. :yelling
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Paul the allmighty oracle was correct again!!!!!! :worship
The next time i will bet money on Pauls predictions :

But the final was boring - both teams did not played very good. Spain was better so its good that they won.
 
Last edited:

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Finally, that was dragging on forever! but...

:confetti
SPAIN WON!!!!
:confetti​



Paul the Octopus did it again. :o
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I congratulate Spain with the victory.:)
Though you know, the last two World Cups are not that great. I really did like 1998 and 2002 FIFA World Cups more.:)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Congrats to Spain, they deserved to win, they beat both arguably the best 2 teams in the tournament in Holland and Germany. Today they weren't good, neither were but they had more hunger and just kept playing their football throughout the match.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Congratulations Spain. Paul cleared it for you

 

jester_agr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Pardon for Paul. He's the new mascot of Spain's selection.


¡¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Sort of a meh final. The penalties were just ridiculous...ugly play...especially de Jong's karate kick to Alonso's chest...just ridiculous, should have been a red card. Players looked like fools most of the time...flopping like usual, but NOT flopping when they "should" have (i.e. Robben).

I think the best team won...but boy was that ugly...exciting at times, but ugly.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, Spain deserved to win, besides Germany, they played the best football in this WC.
That's good, maybe if Netherlands had won playing like this, people here would say that we don't need to play beautifully again, and it'd be another cup with a defensive style. Since Spain won, maybe we can hope to see a Brasil playing nicely in our home :P
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
YAY SPAIN! I do HATE the freaking octopus, I hope someone eats it...

THE HORROR, the WC is over! Can't believe I have to go back to my regular WC devoid life for 4 more years.... how will I ever make it.... Brazil's WC is gonna be beautiful though, I honestly can't wait. Perhaps we will see the comeback of the Jugo Bonito.... I guess I'd better start counting days..... so far 1/2 half a day out of 4 years have gone by...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Congrats to Spain! I'm happy for them. Not a terribly exciting game, especially for a WC final! It was actually quite boring and a drag to watch lol. I thought the first (lol) 90 mins were shit tbh. It was only until we got into the extra-extra time (xD) where we got a glimpse of good play and a bit of entertaining football. Gotta love Iniesta's play! I'm glad he netted in the winning goal. Great footballer, definitely one of the best midfielders in the world and probably the most consistent *performing* player in this year's WC tournament. I was hoping Torres would come on (hurray he did!) and scored the winning goal (noooo :() tbh because I feel like his been poorly treated in this WC. Sure he may not have been 100% fit but the guy is definitely a very good player and if he were given a better chance in this WC; I think he would've proven himself already. :)

Erm...apart from that I guess it's onto WC 2014?! xD 4 years away. :darn I agree with Jorge D. Dragon; the last two WC's weren't spectacular to say the least and looking back on it now, I preferred WC 06' over 10'. The stadiums were actually quite impressive during this tournament, Soccer City definitely served it's purpose (Can't see it being used much now...?) and it truly is a beautiful stadium imo.

"Time for Africa" - it was great to see the WC finally being hosted in an African nation but tbh I can't see it influencing and having a greater impact on the surrounding countries. Off course the "beautiful game" will have a more important, historical and sentimental value to SA and Africa now but what makes me kinda sad is the amount of propaganda bs and "advertisement" to highlight the fact that this particular WC is for Africa...but what good has it or will it do for Africa and not just SA? Mmm. I just kinda felt like saying that....:darn

I assume Fabio is now focusing on the 2012 European Championships, hey? :XD

Anyway, I enjoyed this WC nevertheless and it was great watching it, following it and discussing it with you guys!:thumbs Until next time...I say:

Argentina to win the 2014 WC! :smile-big BANZAI!!!!!

*Enter Brazilian football cheering chant here. :p*​
 
Last edited:

Diadz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
21
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
... omg

the ref needs to be shot.
how the hell can someone give 9 yellow cards and give so few to the opposing team when they were just falling to ground, almost to check if gravity still worked? F***Y** ref webb!

but yeah, congrats Spain.. although i dont mean it.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hey control yourself, Howard Webb performed as well as he could have done under the circumstance; if anything Holland are lucky that it took extra time to get a player sent off because honestly Van Bommel and De Jong should have both gone in the 1st half. You can't tell me De Jong flykicking Xabi Alonso was anything but a diabolical challenge. I'm not condoning Spain either cos I feel that from the counter attack that they scored their goal from, Holland should have had a freekick on the edge of the penalty box. Throughout the game you could see Howard Webb was reluctant to give out cards, (some may say that even Robben should have gotten a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away and if it was a club match, he wouldve) but the players just took the piss so he had no choice. I shouldve never 2nd guessed myself and shouldve put down money on Spain to win kmt.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I understand your feelings Diadz, you have a dog in the fight...but, sure Spain flopped some, but I thought the ref was too kind to the Oranje personally.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I agree, the referee was far to forgiving... I'd think that was no accident though... The WC final is unquestionably by far the most important sport match for the next 4 years, obviously they would not do something which might affect the ratings... Giving a red card card at any point during the match would result in the game becoming less entertaining and progressively one sided, there is no way they'd just give a red card. Only way I can imagine a red card in a match such as this is that one of the players takes out an actual weapon...


BTW, anyone knows what were the ratings for this WC final? I read somewhere it was around a billion people but I have not found definite statistics. Also, the ratings for the other matches would be interesting too.
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Alonso received a studded-karate chop into the chest. What else did you want him to physically receive from a Dutch player during that match before a red card was shown/given? :oh

Webb was a shit referee, I give zero credit to him. They should've booed him even more when he went up to the podium to receive his medal. Useless. Both teams should've been playing with ten men by the middle of the second half imo.
 

Phoenix946

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
920
Reaction score
467
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2087/mehnu.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/295wm5f.gif

:rofl

Congratulations to Spain, I believe you deserved to win mostly because of Robben not being able to make that goal and the pretty brutal way Holland played.

Though I have to agree, Webb had a pretty big hand in it in the last few minutes. If he would have been the perfect referee it probably would have gone completely different though, with de Jong being sent out and I guess van Bommel and that guy that kicked van Bommel as well. Who knows :)
 

OdaForPresident

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
292
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Greatest deception of my life.....

But come on, Howard Webb is not fit to referee at the minors.

For sure Holland played a rough game, but Heitinga did not deserve a red card, he only got that yellow card because Iniesta can take a dive better than a pro swimmer. Also every small foul from Holland immediately resulted in a free kick for spain while the same foul from spain did not result in a free kick for Holland, and don't even get me started on the corner kick he didn't award or the offside play which went before the goal. Howard Webb seriously blows.

I still have to admit that Spain was the better team, and they deserved the win. De Jong also deserved a red card, no question. However the referee was, so say the least, very inconsistent between the two teams!
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
I figured out the game tactics for the final for both of the teams.

Holland's tactics were to foul Spain's players hoping that they'd get injured and be subbed by fodders because they know Spain are better then them.

And spain's tactics were to play shit football in the first half hoping that Holland get tired by the time the 2nd half starts(which they did since Holland had like no possession whatsoever in the 2nd half), and then Spain play very good in the second half.

Fucking football.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Argentina to win the 2014 WC! :smile-big BANZAI!!!!!

*Enter Brazilian football cheering chant here. :p*​
That ain't happening even if hell freezes over... rsrs
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top