A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
edited in 2 more pics
 
Last edited:

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
@GrySun you are making me want to go to Japan too, man that looks amazing!! Iggy plush!! :zomg
I bet you had a great time there, being a top Jojo fan yourself that must have been heaven. Keep taking the best of it! :awe
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Niichan have you seen the whole Bowsette meme someone created two/three days ago? Its spreading like crazy now! Every site with fanarts where I come I just see Bowsette fanarts everywhere (no surprise there xD). Dem fanarts of Bowser as Bowsette are fucking hilarious and yet gorgeous and nice. Even Boo is now a Boosette lol. I felt like joining this trend but unfortunately I have barely to zero time to create a fanart of them also. Oh well, its funny what one meme can do sometimes to many fandoms, just genius. xD
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You freaking red troll. I got two notifications in here in this post from you but I only have one response from you, what the actually fuck Niichan?????? What are you exactly trying to achieve with this? Because you're admin that you can do that and knowing that nothing will happen towards you? Because ''haha it's Magi, let's do that'' to fool me? Because you are aware that I can't ban you for doing such unacceptable thing towards? NOW YOU ARE WRONG. I CAN CERTAINLY DO SOMETHING, YOU KNOW. SOMETHING THAT YOU HATE, SOMETHING THAT GOES BEYOND THE UNIVERSE.


@Erinyes now do your thing and give Niichan his punishment!!



.................................
.........................
...............
...........
.....
..






:lmao was just me quoting you by mistake first, then realizing my mistake and quoting you again to answer your post : D

Hey nii. Everything good? JoJo exhibition was great :zomg Enjoyed it a lot. I got the tickets right there in the museum, didn't bother with getting them online. Nii did you try going to that museum in Roppongi directly?

Here's where I got the tickets:



Inside that museum near the entrance.



Here's my ticket :awe Understand almost nothing on it.

The queue was... long. A lot of people going there :XD Queue starts downstairs, then slowly moving up to 1st floor where the exhibition was.




Eventually you get to the start of the exhibit. First a counter with giving them your ticket, and getting some audio guide like a phone, where you can put in a number and listen to some nice stuff. They had an english version too. Some interviews with Araki, him talking about many aspects of JoJo and how he came up with some of the core ideas. For example, saying how back then when he started it was very rare for the MC to die(Jonathan), and his idea was to make a serious around a bloodline of people, all put into into conflict with something or someone because of their past relatives, so he decided on making it like the Parts we now have.
There were some 14-15 of those audios to listen to, either whenever you want or during a certain part of the exhibit.

So, the exhibit itself. Photoes were sadly generally prohibited :emocat There was a designated photo area for taking photos of some big handdrawn pictures of Araki, but everything else wasn't allowed to be photoed.

First area contained all the 8 Parts of JoJo along the walls, one big picture with a description of the Part, and listing the important characters of it. Is mainly to give a quick reminder about the series, or introduce it to new people there.

Now, you think I could resist taking a quick and sneaky photo of Speedwagon on the Phantom Blood part of the wall? :awe Of course not.



Made sure nobody was looking. :ninja They had workers in all the areas keeping watch, but was possible.

But didn't want to test my luck too much, so can only describe the other parts of the exhibit. Imagine it like a huge rectangle at first, and within this rectangle across the long part there's several areas with different things showcased on each. No doors between them, but walls with one not walled off part to go through. The long wall across all those areas had all the big pictures drawn by Araki which were allowed to be photoed. Looked like this:



The areas were split in what they had. The first one had many original framed manga pages, could see some scribbles on them too :wtf Another area focused on all the characters, villains and pictures of them, another area focused on all the Stands. One area had pictures + original manga pages of some key moments from each part, another area focused on fights only, mainly the major ones with a lot of illustrations and some text along with many.

Here two more illegal photos :ninja




Then this



Here one area had some statues in classic JoJo poses of some characters(Dio, Jotaro, Josuke, Jolyne and one more). The special thingy here is, these lights sometimes illuminate random parts of the statues and show some invisible to the human eye patterns featuring pictures of that person's Stand. A funny play on the shtick of us normal pleb humans not being able to see Stands, illustrated by not being able to see stuff like that without special lights aid.

At the final area there's a passage to a room where they showed some short 3D clip about some upcoming JoJo figures and details, then moving on from there to the final big area split into a few parts again. On one you have a big TV with a few mins of showing Araki, talking about JoJo, being all happy about the anniversary, and showed him as he was drawing those big pictures we've seen on the wall before. Araki so dreamy :blush

Should prolly now show the pictures on that wall:







That Jolyne tho..








This Rohan here was like 3 times the width of the other ones :XD Was hard to photo.


So where was I.. Right, Araki was adorable on that video, saying he was thinking of the fans while drawing those pictures and he wants everyone to be happy when they come to the exhibit and go home satisfied.

There were more pictures, then under a glass case there was a table with all the painting utensils Araki used for those pictures, then there were some of these info-chunks on the walls:






There were a few more, interesting text.

That was the end of the exhibit, only still featuring an area with a shop of all sorts of JoJo goodies :wtf You can take a look at all of them through some glass frame, 60+ different things. You get a piece of paper with pics and name of everything too, and put an X at each one you want to buy, then give that paper later at the counter to buy those.
Even me, who's stingy with money, wanted a couple of things. But, all the things I wanted were already sold out :emocat

Here's one page of it with the notification of which things are sold out and which aren't:



As you see, a lot is sold out already. That sucked hard... GIVE ME MY RERO RERO CANDY!!! :crying Or Iggy plush, or Stone Mask, or... :pout

Still had some cool stuff my companions bought themselves, one bought a Rohan painting for 45.000 yen :XD

Was over after that shopping at the end. Enjoyed it a lot, shame you couldn't go nii, but hope you feel a bit like you've been there. Not you only, also other JoJo fans @goodboy_lawlett @Lady pompom @Vandred (I'm counting you as a fan now :p) @Erinyes @Lambu just to name a few. :nod
ooooh, that looks awesome! :zomg Glad to hear it was fun, a shame that much was already sold out though... a friend of yours spent 45k yen? Woah, guess he must really be a big fan? :o Can't say I've ever spent that much on a single article, think the most was 20k on a rare collectors edition of an old game, and even that I considered a damn lot lol. Luckily I'm not into all that merchandise stuff, like towels and clear files and whatnot, that helps I guess. Some stuff like the paper weight stone mask looks juicy though :D (and the rero rero candy rofl)

Seeing all these pictures reminds me how unique Araki's style is (part of its charm), the anime really made it more "mainstream" in a way. Though I think it works really well, looking forward to see how a more direct adaption of his art is going to work out for the Part 5 anime.

The layout reminds me strongly of the WSJ exhibit I went to, but luckily you could take pictures of almost everything there. But yeah, I almost feared that would happen, most exhibits have huge chunks where you absolutely aren't allowed to take photos. I laughed at you still taking a few sneaky pics, I did the same at another exhibit :XD

Anyway, how's your trip going? Bought any nice stuff yet?
Oh and yes, I tried to buy the ticket directly at the Roppongi counter, but like I told you it was the very first day of the Jojo Exhibit and right as I went there the girl at the counter was like "Sorry, JoJo Exhibit sold out" in broken english... xD Flight was the next day, so no real chance to visit it again :( Shows how popular Jojo is though.

Niichan have you seen the whole Bowsette meme someone created two/three days ago? Its spreading like crazy now! Every site with fanarts where I come I just see Bowsette fanarts everywhere (no surprise there xD). Dem fanarts of Bowser as Bowsette are fucking hilarious and yet gorgeous and nice. Even Boo is now a Boosette lol. I felt like joining this trend but unfortunately I have barely to zero time to create a fanart of them also. Oh well, its funny what one meme can do sometimes to many fandoms, just genius. xD
You know what, Magi? Please take a look at this



As you might have guessed, that's where I store and order my images by series and... other stuff, like Bowsette :zomg

Not seeing the Bowsette/Koopa Hime craze is impossible, it's basically everywhere. Really amazing, yet scary in a way :lmao I doubt Nintendo ever saw a reaction like that coming, but that transforming crown really makes a lot of stuff possible. Not just art of Boozette, I already saw stuff like that with Bowser Jr: and the flytrap thing (whatever that one is called officially), so it's spreading.
But to make things clear, I've long since started jumping on that hype train :allthe Bowsette is great! Already thought about a set just like yours lol, but with the manga wars I will stick with mine for now. Which reminds me, aren't you going to nominate anything?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think this one is my fav one so far bc just imagining that is hilarious :lmao

 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Anyway, how's your trip going? Bought any nice stuff yet?
Oh and yes, I tried to buy the ticket directly at the Roppongi counter, but like I told you it was the very first day of the Jojo Exhibit and right as I went there the girl at the counter was like "Sorry, JoJo Exhibit sold out" in broken english... xD Flight was the next day, so no real chance to visit it again :( Shows how popular Jojo is though.
Can imagine the first days being super crowded and fully sold out, unfortunate. Especially since none of the merchandise is sold out at the beginning and can get it all. I‘ve already seen some people reselling their Rero Rero Candy for insane prices online :lmao

Trip is great, but I am in the last week :( But have other great things to look forward to in october, so won‘t be sulking for Tokyo too much. Will extra enjoy this last week and be satisfied enough until the next time I come there.

Haven‘t bought anything yet, only played those scummy arcade machines with the timings and claws. I‘m far from materialistic, so even though I‘ve seen a lot of cool stuff I don‘t need to own them. Will decide if I buy something this week and what. Won‘t have such a big pic with goodies like you and Sky, a bit too much for me :XD And don‘t have so much space for a lot of things either back home.

How‘s life going for you in germany?
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
I felt like joining this trend but unfortunately I have barely to zero time to create a fanart of them also.
Correcting myself on this part:

In the end I am just making a very rough sketch right now of Bowsette 'cuz I just have to, she is too great! The only main question: am I be able to finish it in the time I got. xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You know what, Magi? Please take a look at this



As you might have guessed, that's where I store and order my images by series and... other stuff, like Bowsette :zomg

Not seeing the Bowsette/Koopa Hime craze is impossible, it's basically everywhere. Really amazing, yet scary in a way :lmao I doubt Nintendo ever saw a reaction like that coming, but that transforming crown really makes a lot of stuff possible. Not just art of Boozette, I already saw stuff like that with Bowser Jr: and the flytrap thing (whatever that one is called officially), so it's spreading.
But to make things clear, I've long since started jumping on that hype train :allthe Bowsette is great! Already thought about a set just like yours lol, but with the manga wars I will stick with mine for now. Which reminds me, aren't you going to nominate anything?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think this one is my fav one so far bc just imagining that is hilarious :lmao

LOL. Of course you do hahah and ikr! It was a very creative idea of the person that came up with it. It's brilliant and epic in all kind of ways and I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo would take this idea and make them real in their game lol. Oh god, if that would be the case .... I would buy that game just only for them. I really love Bowsette and Boosette their design. Seriously man Bowsette and Boosette are just too goooooooood. I fucking love these two ideas its so brilliant af. I have my rough sketch of them being together, Boosette having her hands down (her spooky style as usual xd) and having this grin on her face while sticking her tongue out, and Bowsette having her 'rawr' hands positioning (I will just call it like that xD) and having her mouth open like as if she says ''rawr''. Hopefully I can finalize it or at least make a lineart out of it tomorrow. Even if I could just only use basecolors for them I would be satisfied. It's something different than my Umineko sketches/concepts that I have so this was quite refreshing and new to do, and this trend gave me inspiration to draw something else so that was also nice. xD But yeah lets see if I will get the time for it. Busy months are busy months. T3T

And lol yeah, I know that fanart and I found that one also one of the funniest one I have seen so far. There was another fanart of Boosette and Super Mario but I can't currently find it atm. -.- However, looking at that three panel comic have me suddenly that music sound of one of the OST's in my head LEL. If I find it, then I will post it here or perhaps you've already seen it. xP

Already thought about a set just like yours lol, but with the manga wars I will stick with mine for now. Which reminds me, aren't you going to nominate anything?
Well to be fair, I just noticed the Manga Wars since yesterday 'cuz the thread popped up and I actually didn't expect it to start in mid September. I thought it would begin somewhere in mid-end October like last year iirc. So the timing in itself is a bit unfortunate and my hands are currently a bit too full but maybe its for the better tho. xD Maybe if I have more time then I will see if I can 'support' some people but currently I am just already happy with a bit of my freetime lmao. Also I saw you tagged me there but somehow I didn't receive your notifications or I completely have missed it. :/
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's great Magi, looking forward to your drawing a lot! :zomg Gonna give you and Gry a full-length answer next time

@Erinyes do you know this?


I really like this remix :zomg FF9 was such an amazing game, most likely going to replay it for the I think 4th time next year :XD
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
wow i know the ost but never heard this remix :zomg its an amazing one thxs for sharing !

need to replay its one of my fave game (alongside chrono trigger/ff6 ) and best ff soundtrack ♥ i did replay a couple of years ago ff6 & 7 but my last computer broke and i no longer have them :pout
did you ever heard those ones if you like celtic tunes you might love it a lot.



Also if you havent played it (i never had the chance to, unfortunately) but highly recommand you Chrono cross & Baten katos (a lot of underated but an amazing game from what i know especially the 2nd opus BK origins) ) boths have such great ost




Sorry for spamming you vids, hope you ll enjoy them :)

 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
That's great Magi, looking forward to your drawing a lot! :zomg Gonna give you and Gry a full-length answer next time
Np Nii, take your time! And tbh I don't think I will continue it, too occupied with many things that it's like impossible for me to even properly fix things in the draft in the freetime that I give for this (which is mostly a bit during late evening/almost midnight time). Gosh, can I have summer back already? I need my freetime again for this. -w-
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
LMAO this fanart I saw on pixiv is kinda funny. xD





Freaking Boo, it reminded me again of Super Mario 64, if you turn your back to the ghosts they will put that face and follow you but if you turn around to them then they won't. xD
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You might have seen those or maybe not.. will post it anyway! Like let's be honest.... Chain Chomp is one of the most adorablest thing! Although... the Piranha Plant is also cute in a way. XD







 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Keep them coming Magi, I can't click "like" more than once :zomg (though perhaps put them in spoilers bc otherwise it might get annoying for others xD)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Can imagine the first days being super crowded and fully sold out, unfortunate. Especially since none of the merchandise is sold out at the beginning and can get it all. I‘ve already seen some people reselling their Rero Rero Candy for insane prices online :lmao

Trip is great, but I am in the last week :( But have other great things to look forward to in october, so won‘t be sulking for Tokyo too much. Will extra enjoy this last week and be satisfied enough until the next time I come there.

Haven‘t bought anything yet, only played those scummy arcade machines with the timings and claws. I‘m far from materialistic, so even though I‘ve seen a lot of cool stuff I don‘t need to own them. Will decide if I buy something this week and what. Won‘t have such a big pic with goodies like you and Sky, a bit too much for me :XD And don‘t have so much space for a lot of things either back home.

How‘s life going for you in germany?
Yeah, I can imagine :lmao

Vacation slowly coming to an end is never a nice thing, I know that feel :( What else are you looking forward to, if you don't mind me asking?

Nothing yet? Wow, you not being a materialist sounds like an understatement :XD Hope you will bring at least one thing back, besides cool memories ofc :p (never expected anything like what me and Sky got together though, no worries lol) What about your friends, they bought more? How do you like the food and the people?

Life's going good in Germany, having fun with my work and my colleagues, that helps a lot. A bit more busy than I would like tbh, because I have an "otaku" job on the side that's eating into my free time quite a bit, but it's giving me some extra cash and I enjoy doing it (most of the time), so it's cool.

Correcting myself on this part:

In the end I am just making a very rough sketch right now of Bowsette 'cuz I just have to, she is too great! The only main question: am I be able to finish it in the time I got. xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


LOL. Of course you do hahah and ikr! It was a very creative idea of the person that came up with it. It's brilliant and epic in all kind of ways and I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo would take this idea and make them real in their game lol. Oh god, if that would be the case .... I would buy that game just only for them. I really love Bowsette and Boosette their design. Seriously man Bowsette and Boosette are just too goooooooood. I fucking love these two ideas its so brilliant af. I have my rough sketch of them being together, Boosette having her hands down (her spooky style as usual xd) and having this grin on her face while sticking her tongue out, and Bowsette having her 'rawr' hands positioning (I will just call it like that xD) and having her mouth open like as if she says ''rawr''. Hopefully I can finalize it or at least make a lineart out of it tomorrow. Even if I could just only use basecolors for them I would be satisfied. It's something different than my Umineko sketches/concepts that I have so this was quite refreshing and new to do, and this trend gave me inspiration to draw something else so that was also nice. xD But yeah lets see if I will get the time for it. Busy months are busy months. T3T

And lol yeah, I know that fanart and I found that one also one of the funniest one I have seen so far. There was another fanart of Boosette and Super Mario but I can't currently find it atm. -.- However, looking at that three panel comic have me suddenly that music sound of one of the OST's in my head LEL. If I find it, then I will post it here or perhaps you've already seen it. xP

Well to be fair, I just noticed the Manga Wars since yesterday 'cuz the thread popped up and I actually didn't expect it to start in mid September. I thought it would begin somewhere in mid-end October like last year iirc. So the timing in itself is a bit unfortunate and my hands are currently a bit too full but maybe its for the better tho. xD Maybe if I have more time then I will see if I can 'support' some people but currently I am just already happy with a bit of my freetime lmao. Also I saw you tagged me there but somehow I didn't receive your notifications or I completely have missed it. :/
daaaw and you didn't finish it... at least show me your rough draft :arf

The idea was brilliant, but I honestly doubt Nintendo will use it, too much potential trouble. Like the girl gets used for 18+ stuff quite a lot already, and they aren't even the creators of Bowsette, so they would need to buy the rights from the twitter guy somehow. Honestly doubt it's going to happen, that Bowsette can open a can of worms for them. Though ofc if there's something like Bowsette ever coming officially, I would certainly like that : D
But boy you're raving about that so hard lol, weird to see you do that with something that's not called Umineko, must've really hit your taste. Not that I don't love this craze, there are so many great fanarts and hilarious/amazing ideas out there. People even started transmogrifying stuff like Sonic or Pokemon lol.

Not sure what OST you're talking about, but do share it! Thiink it has been around 10 years since I last played a Mario game, but as a kid I really loved most of them.

A shame you couldn't nominate anything for the Manga Wars.... :( Hope you will support my entry at least :p

Np Nii, take your time! And tbh I don't think I will continue it, too occupied with many things that it's like impossible for me to even properly fix things in the draft in the freetime that I give for this (which is mostly a bit during late evening/almost midnight time). Gosh, can I have summer back already? I need my freetime again for this. -w-
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
LMAO this fanart I saw on pixiv is kinda funny. xD





Freaking Boo, it reminded me again of Super Mario 64, if you turn your back to the ghosts they will put that face and follow you but if you turn around to them then they won't. xD
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You might have seen those or maybe not.. will post it anyway! Like let's be honest.... Chain Chomp is one of the most adorablest thing! Although... the Piranha Plant is also cute in a way. XD







God share your draft already, pleasu. Really nice fanart there though :zomg I know that Boosette thing, lots of artists depict her with that shy/aggressive face switch. Remembers me of my first Mario game on the NES when Boo was hunting me, these childhood memories make this new take on the villains especially fun :XD Though I'm not sure why almost all of them need to have bazongas like that, sometimes I feel like artists are going a bit overboard xD
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Np Nii, take your time! And tbh I don't think I will continue it, too occupied with many things that it's like impossible for me to even properly fix things in the draft in the freetime that I give for this (which is mostly a bit during late evening/almost midnight time). Gosh, can I have summer back already? I need my freetime again for this. -w-
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
LMAO this fanart I saw on pixiv is kinda funny. xD





Freaking Boo, it reminded me again of Super Mario 64, if you turn your back to the ghosts they will put that face and follow you but if you turn around to them then they won't. xD
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You might have seen those or maybe not.. will post it anyway! Like let's be honest.... Chain Chomp is one of the most adorablest thing! Although... the Piranha Plant is also cute in a way. XD







is this disney umineko?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah, I can imagine :lmao

Vacation slowly coming to an end is never a nice thing, I know that feel :( What else are you looking forward to, if you don't mind me asking?

Nothing yet? Wow, you not being a materialist sounds like an understatement :XD Hope you will bring at least one thing back, besides cool memories ofc :p (never expected anything like what me and Sky got together though, no worries lol) What about your friends, they bought more? How do you like the food and the people?

Life's going good in Germany, having fun with my work and my colleagues, that helps a lot. A bit more busy than I would like tbh, because I have an "otaku" job on the side that's eating into my free time quite a bit, but it's giving me some extra cash and I enjoy doing it (most of the time), so it's cool.
Another important trip as soon as my next exam is done, mid-october. But will only last for a week, and be a bit stressful coming back to lots of classes. Rather shoehorned into my schedule, but should work. Will tell you more later when I‘m back from that trip. But should be very nice and fun.

I will bring back at least one thing :XD Would want it reminding me of the nice times, as well as being something nice to look at sometimes. But won‘t be much. Was very surprised myself at my self restraint :hmm Brought a lot of money in case I want lots of things, but will come back with most of it unspent. Friends did buy a lot, figurines, books, framed pictures etc. Can enjoy seeing what they have too.
The food was great, though not sure if we were at normal places :lmao Breakfast+lunch was almost always ramen at many different places places(best being Ippudo and Ichiran, but also some others which names I forgot). Went to a lot of restaurants for dinner that were sukiyaki, yakiniku, curry, and many other ones. Am very satisfied with the taste :gaw Loved it. Especially loving this one chain of curry places that are open 24/7, CoCo curry. Not too expensive for an always available good tasting curry with lots of different toppings.

The people are also great, japanese workers all try so hard to do a good job, it‘s very inspiring. Professional, kind and supportive. And the normal people too, they all have this nice mentality of not wanting to bother others and being very considerate of one another. Very different from germany. Feeling like this could maybe be the best place to live in.

Otaku job on the side? Well as long as you‘re enjoying it and it isn‘t causing you harm that‘s great. Don‘t overwork yourself though. :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I watched the first two episodes of HnK, and my initial thought hasn't changed that much. The CGI is an absolute no go, I just can't warm up with it. On the other side the colors and the design (of almost everything) is wonderful. The tracks are good, not amazing though. I love the sound effects, but what I love the most is Phos and her voice actress. Whoever the voice actress is, she might be easily top 5 in my book. Absolutely stunning performance... or the voice is just too damn cute... or rather both, lol.

Again, the only saving grace for now is Phos for me. She carries the series for me. I can't sympathize with the rest of the cast as of yet. They are by no means bad though. Phos is everything what's positive. :lmao Funny, hilarious, troll?, cuteness overload, every single motion of hers is an eye candy, and don't get me started with her facial expressions, pure gold. :kukuku

Story... well sometimes I feel like they rush things but on the other hand, it doesn't seem like the plot moved at all after 2 episodes. Nice cliffhanger at the end of episode 2 though. I will obviously continue to watch it because of Phos. <3 Hope things will pick up soon.

No screenshots, since I watched it on my TV. :nomoar I regret this a lot...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I watched the first two episodes of HnK, and my initial thought hasn't changed that much. The CGI is an absolute no go, I just can't warm up with it. On the other side the colors and the design (of almost everything) is wonderful. The tracks are good, not amazing though. I love the sound effects, but what I love the most is Phos and her voice actress. Whoever the voice actress is, she might be easily top 5 in my book. Absolutely stunning performance... or the voice is just too damn cute... or rather both, lol.

Again, the only saving grace for now is Phos for me. She carries the series for me. I can't sympathize with the rest of the cast as of yet. They are by no means bad though. Phos is everything what's positive. :lmao Funny, hilarious, troll?, cuteness overload, every single motion of hers is an eye candy, and don't get me started with her facial expressions, pure gold. :kukuku

Story... well sometimes I feel like they rush things but on the other hand, it doesn't seem like the plot moved at all after 2 episodes. Nice cliffhanger at the end of episode 2 though. I will obviously continue to watch it because of Phos. <3 Hope things will pick up soon.

No screenshots, since I watched it on my TV. :nomoar I regret this a lot...
Just one thing for today. It's only going to get better, so you don't need to worry. Really looking forward to what you will think about later developments : )
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@syx thanks for given it a try thats so so awesome :zomg yeah phos is amazing !






@niichan did yous ee it
?
Volume 9 cov - need to catch up the manga, and a lot of other stuff, basically everything im reading/watching is currently on hold except tpn and hxh (+sns bc translation duty)


Next manga purchase might be this : Yukibana No Tora (i didnt find any Edited Manga of this available, but vol 1 will be released Asap in France) sounds great :zomg



 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail


if you know what I mean :wtf

tbh I can feel Spongebob, that's what I felt before I got to know you :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I was close to drop HnK again after the third episode, which was honestly a borefest but still had faith in your and Erinyes's judgement. The end was f* hilarious.

Screens:

Whenever I go outside and see the sun. :lmao



xD

Eh... no.

It's actually just the voice here... it's simply gorgeous.:wtf

First part of the forth episode was refreshing, even though I hoped for more plot progression especially since we are talking about a season with 12 episodes and there has been no direction in regards to the plot whatsoever. However, the second half made up for it with a beautiful conversation between the Jelly-King (or Queen?) and Phos. I think this "soul, bone, flesh" premise is kinda interesting, but the Jelly-King might have lied or didn't tell the whole truth? Oh, and that betrayal at the end shocked me. >.< I didn't see that coming. My poor Phos... :nomoar So these Luna-things (sorry I can't memorize the names) consider Phos more valuable than the Jelly-King's brother?

Another thing which makes me curious is this Kongo guy. Who is he and why is he the only male person out there, and everyone else seems to be female (if we are going by looks). Series looks more promising now with the second part of episode 4.

Screens:



:lmao

>.>

<.<

:hurr

A beautiful quote which you can apply to yourself. :kukuku xD

She looks amazing though. :zomg


:oh


Bitch...


Phos... :nomoar
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The fifth episode was very good, however I'm not sure if I understood what happened between the King and Luna-things. Wasn't the King's intention to trade Phos with her sibling? But the sibling suddenly appears/wakes up - out of nowhere? - and defeats the Luna-things? That was rather convenient and anticlimactic, not sure if I liked that part. Kinda takes away all the thrill you had before. Aculeatus has an amazing design though.

The convo between Cinnabar and Phos moved my heart, I felt so sorry for Phos. :nomoar But also here, I don't get why Cinnabar didn't inform the rest that she found Phos. The others needlessly searched for Phos the whole day and wore themselves out. Not nice, especially if we consider the potential threat and stakes. But I must admit, it was touching to see everyone looking out for Phos. <3

Phos got a powerup, Shunshin no Phosuuuu. :zomg

Screens:


:lmao



: (

<3



:zomg
:wtf
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I promise I'll help your lazy ass campaign for MiA like I said, I'm just bogged down with some stuff right now :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top