A Fateful Encounter | Page 84 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
lol now that's great :) A good tutor really can do a lot, and a bad one can destroy a lot. Sadly there seem to be way too many bad ones... right, you mentioned that everything turned better after that. You weren't sad or anything?

No, a big project is anything that is more than a few (manga) chapters or episodes. Let's say everything that takes more than just a few hours is a big project to me, or watching/reading a whole series. I don't really like to have two of those at once, bc that divides my attention too much and I don't like to stop reading or watching for days either, for better immersion. Ofc with single chapters or episodes that can't be avoided, but it's not how I prefer to tackle things.
And yeah it's a great game, not without fault, but then again nothing is. Really had a tremendous amount of fun with that, if Persona 6 actually manages to surpass 5 then it might as well be a masterpiece (saying this bc 4 was better than 3, and 5 is better than 4 overall. "Sequels actually being better than their predecessor is really rare, sadly).
Yeah Quality Control, basically checking for typos, spelling, grammar etc. and the technical stuff (does everything appear as it should, etc). I can tell you in private which one it is, but not here. Pretty sure you would like it, but you better finish what you have at hand first... xD
Heee that's a nice excuse :p well everyone has his own pace, I just like to nag at times x)

yeah I got that, I meant that for "online" friends too ofc ;) Basically everyone you're close to in some way, bc that makes it much more fun to talk about your experience. Some random person, no matter if the internet or not, just isn't the same. And haha, good to hear that :D
I have great respect for teachers who take their job seriously and try their best to teach. Sadly, there are teachers who seem to like to put a spoke in your wheel, who seem to be more interested in doing just their program instead of concerning themselves with the problems of their students. Though, I'm not talking about me. I deserved most of my bad grades, I never hid that fact. :lmao I rarely had an issue with my teachers, but it happened from time to time.

Well, no one wishes for their parents to get divorced, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I felt relieved rather than sad. Funny fact: my teacher instantly realized that this happened, because acc. to him, my presence at school greatly changed for the better.

I'm doing something wrong then. I play Umineko (yes, I play it), read the Dark Tower and started to play Dark Souls 3 (rarely). :oh

Yeah, sequels tend to not reach the level of its predecessor. Though, I never expect them to. The first game of a good and successful series is something new. The sequels are obviously build on this new ground work. Thus the core is more or less the same. That's generally spoken, but you get what I mean.

Oh, I'm very interested in that VN now. :zomg

Casual Sakura <3 :x3

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Chibi makes it cute :3

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What genre do you like, nii? :?bunny so that I know which K-song I'd recommend to you

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have great respect for teachers who take their job seriously and try their best to teach. Sadly, there are teachers who seem to like to put a spoke in your wheel, who seem to be more interested in doing just their program instead of concerning themselves with the problems of their students. Though, I'm not talking about me. I deserved most of my bad grades, I never hid that fact. :lmao I rarely had an issue with my teachers, but it happened from time to time.

Well, no one wishes for their parents to get divorced, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I felt relieved rather than sad. Funny fact: my teacher instantly realized that this happened, because acc. to him, my presence at school greatly changed for the better.

I'm doing something wrong then. I play Umineko (yes, I play it), read the Dark Tower and started to play Dark Souls 3 (rarely). :oh

Yeah, sequels tend to not reach the level of its predecessor. Though, I never expect them to. The first game of a good and successful series is something new. The sequels are obviously build on this new ground work. Thus the core is more or less the same. That's generally spoken, but you get what I mean.

Oh, I'm very interested in that VN now. :zomg

Casual Sakura <3 :x3
well I think that's actually the majority of teachers xD Not even trying to look at the individual student, just doing their thing and if it's not working it's obviously the fault of the student. Ofc you have your own responsibility, that can't be denied, but especially when you're more or less a "kid", a good teacher can do a lot. Even if you deserved your bad grades, maybe a good teacher could've managed to motivate you more. Just speculation, but I think I can count the teachers I consider "great" on one hand. That's just my experience, but from what I hear from many others, "great" teachers are more rare than what one would want.

Yeah I know what you mean, "Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende". If that helped you recover then that's good, sometimes a parting is necessary for happiness, as strange as that sounds lol.

I don't really care if you say you "read" or "play" it, I'm not a purist like that XD By now it looks like you rarely play Umineko too though, haven't heard anything from you in 2 weeks -___- I guess Ramadan is stressful and you have better things to do, so don't mind me :p

I get what you mean, but even if the core stays the same, a great game series actually uses that core and improves it further. And with that I don't mean some little tidbits here and there, but notable improvements. I could think of a few cases, like Persona, which actually managed to do that. Then again it's hard to beat nostalgia and novelty, no one's free of that.

I can tell you more on Slack ;)

Great Sakura pic, didn't know that one :zomg

Chibi makes it cute :3

What genre do you like, nii? :?bunny so that I know which K-song I'd recommend to you
Cool comics, thanks ahmad :3

Oh I'm pretty much open for everything. I know that won't help you, but it's the truth xD I think the only thing I'm not particularly fond of is plain techno, but even there I can like a song.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
well I think that's actually the majority of teachers xD Not even trying to look at the individual student, just doing their thing and if it's not working it's obviously the fault of the student. Ofc you have your own responsibility, that can't be denied, but especially when you're more or less a "kid", a good teacher can do a lot. Even if you deserved your bad grades, maybe a good teacher could've managed to motivate you more. Just speculation, but I think I can count the teachers I consider "great" on one hand. That's just my experience, but from what I hear from many others, "great" teachers are more rare than what one would want.

I don't really care if you say you "read" or "play" it, I'm not a purist like that XD By now it looks like you rarely play Umineko too though, haven't heard anything from you in 2 weeks -___- I guess Ramadan is stressful and you have better things to do, so don't mind me :p

I can tell you more on Slack ;)
Hmh, might as well be an issue of our educational system. Don't know, I'm not very familiar with it in detail, so I refrain from judging it. Yes, a good teacher might motivate the students (more), but in the end, the student also has to contribute his own share. What I liked the most is when the teacher designed the classes with his students. For example, I never liked the physics classes (and my physics teacher) in middle school, hence I barely studied for it and got pretty bad grades until the 8th/9th class. Even when I started to study for it and got better, it was a pain in the ass. On the contrary, the first thing my physics teacher in my technical secondary school (Fachoberschule) said to us was something like "First subject of our lesson will be that you tell me which topics pique your interest. What do you want to learn? You know, I want that we design our lessons together". And no, he didn't give us absolute authority, but you instantly realized that this guy tries to approach you, that he doesn't want to discourage you. It was a give and take and in the end I had good grades in physics. It was one of my favorite courses. Well, this may sound a little bit cliché (getting good grades = good teacher = good/interesting lessons), but it's not like it. My physics professor during my study was also a very good teacher in my opinion. But I only got average/bad grades, because this time I didn't learn as much as I should/could. That's clearly on me. I think I'm able to view this objectively.

Oh, you misunderstood me. I wasn't highlighting that there is a difference between the words "playing" and "reading" in regards to the Umineko VN. I was jokingly highlighting that I didn't stop continuing it and won't accept you saying otherwise. However, it really seems that I stopped for the time being, unfortunately. Fasting is not that stressful, it's just boring, literally. You feel like a zombie. When I play something I really like, then I need my drinks, my sweets, my potato chips, my ice... EVERYTHING. Otherwise it's no fun, absolutely no fun. Not to mention that I need my dose of sugar to boost my brain, especially during my Umineko runs. :(

Oh you have to. I'm really interested in that VN, even though I know next to nothing about it. :lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmh, might as well be an issue of our educational system. Don't know, I'm not very familiar with it in detail, so I refrain from judging it. Yes, a good teacher might motivate the students (more), but in the end, the student also has to contribute his own share. What I liked the most is when the teacher designed the classes with his students. For example, I never liked the physics classes (and my physics teacher) in middle school, hence I barely studied for it and got pretty bad grades until the 8th/9th class. Even when I started to study for it and got better, it was a pain in the ass. On the contrary, the first thing my physics teacher in my technical secondary school (Fachoberschule) said to us was something like "First subject of our lesson will be that you tell me which topics pique your interest. What do you want to learn? You know, I want that we design our lessons together". And no, he didn't give us absolute authority, but you instantly realized that this guy tries to approach you, that he doesn't want to discourage you. It was a give and take and in the end I had good grades in physics. It was one of my favorite courses. Well, this may sound a little bit cliché (getting good grades = good teacher = good/interesting lessons), but it's not like it. My physics professor during my study was also a very good teacher in my opinion. But I only got average/bad grades, because this time I didn't learn as much as I should/could. That's clearly on me. I think I'm able to view this objectively.

Oh, you misunderstood me. I wasn't highlighting that there is a difference between the words "playing" and "reading" in regards to the Umineko VN. I was jokingly highlighting that I didn't stop continuing it and won't accept you saying otherwise. However, it really seems that I stopped for the time being, unfortunately. Fasting is not that stressful, it's just boring, literally. You feel like a zombie. When I play something I really like, then I need my drinks, my sweets, my potato chips, my ice... EVERYTHING. Otherwise it's no fun, absolutely no fun. Not to mention that I need my dose of sugar to boost my brain, especially during my Umineko runs. :(

Oh you have to. I'm really interested in that VN, even though I know next to nothing about it. :lmao
Yeah I don't doubt your objectivity, I mean you're the gourmet of objectivity, you judge anything and everything without bias :kappa
And yes I get your point, it's pretty much in line with what I meant. Participation and co-management are two good examples of how a good teacher can make learning and ofc teaching a better experience. It's still not necessarily fun (like if you simply don't care for the subject) but I think a good teacher can motivate almost all of the students to at least TRY, given the right environment. Obviously if the student is too far gone or simply doesn't give a flying fuck no one can do anything, bc without dedication from yourself no one can motivate you to do something.
The fault probably lies with a lot of things, Germany as a whole is still fairly average when it comes to school (as proven by PISA and other studies) but there are a multitude of reasons for that. Nothing to discuss in detail here I guess, and I doubt you care much xD

Hmm I see where you are coming from, just was surprised to see that you stopped at exactly that point, I sure as hell couldn't have done that xD Then again I'm not fasting, I can see how that's possibly distracting/tiring. Don't think I would need ice or sugar or even something to eat while reading, but nothing to drink? Now that's definitely painful...
oh well, can't be helped. Guess I have to endure until Ramadan is over. I feel like almost all muslims participate, no matter if they're particularly religious or not. I saw/see you as someone who isn't particularly religious, so I wasn't sure if you would fast too :XD Hang in there :blush

lol well I can tell you, but not sure how much point there is with you still having quite a bit on your plate. I think I already mentioned the VN once too, but you probably forgot.
Yeah, let's hope it will be a great adaptation (the trailer looked good at least, apparently they have some good animators on their team) :zomg Still after that it's going to take a while until the Kaleid and Heavens Feel movie :( I mean not in terms of release date, but we westerners will have to wait +6 months at least until we can watch them...

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
@niichan Compared to Fate/Zero how good is the story and characters of Apocrypha?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah, let's hope it will be a great adaptation (the trailer looked good at least, apparently they have some good animators on their team) :zomg Still after that it's going to take a while until the Kaleid and Heavens Feel movie :( I mean not in terms of release date, but we westerners will have to wait +6 months at least until we can watch them...
What takes it so long?

Have you seen this?

So awesome :zomg

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah I don't doubt your objectivity, I mean you're the gourmet of objectivity, you judge anything and everything without bias :kappa

Guess I have to endure until Ramadan is over. I feel like almost all muslims participate, no matter if they're particularly religious or not. I saw/see you as someone who isn't particularly religious, so I wasn't sure if you would fast too :XD Hang in there :blush

lol well I can tell you, but not sure how much point there is with you still having quite a bit on your plate. I think I already mentioned the VN once too, but you probably forgot.
Smh, how did you get all those most friendly staffer/member badges?

And you are more than right with that claim. I think we had this convo before, didn't we? It's very easy to say that you are a Muslim (or a Jew, Christian and so on), but how much value do those words coming out of your mouth have? I once learned (I was more forced though, lol) to read the Quran. Well, I was taught to read the letters, but I was never taught what those words actually mean. Today, I can't even do that much. So, what I'm saying is that I never read and understood the Quran. Most of my little "knowledge" comes from people who just repeat what they got from others. Not saying they are wrong, just saying that they never confirmed anything for themselves. I don't and can't consider me very religious. I don't pray 5 times every day, not even in my free time. I don't (or very very rarely) visit the mosque for the important friday prayer, not even jn my free time. I don't (or very very rarely) visit the mosque for the Tarawih prayer (only done during the Ramadan month), not even in my free time. I never made a move out of my free will to read and understand the Quran, not even in my free time. I eat non-Halal products, all the time. I didn't pilgrim to Mecca, yet.

On the other hand, I donate to poor people I know from Turkey, so that they can buy an animal for the Sacrifice Feast for example (sorry, if this offends anyone). I do fast, since I was little. I visit the mosque for the Sacrifice Feast and end of Ramadan prayer (two prayers in a year, wow, where is my medal?). That's pretty much it. Nothing, literally. And that goes for many people I know. Very few do even less than me, most of them do little more than me. Only a very little group do actually practice Islam. But when asked, we are all faithful muslims with every tiny bit of our heart and soul.

Oh, you made an interesting point with saying that almost every Muslim fasts. Back then, the Ramadan month was very special for us kids. Every day, another family would invite everyone else. Every day, you got to see all of your cousins, uncles, aunts and friends. Every day was another "adventure" for us. One day you play consoles, another day you play "Stadt, Land, Fluss", and the other day you just chill outside. And fasting was like a challenge. Being able to fast meant to be cool, to be strong, and most of all to be equal to the adults. We kids were never "forced" to fast, it was quite the opposite, we were advised against it. But this just encouraged us more, because it felt like we were being underestimated. :lmao Good old times, which I really miss. Well, fasting is something which is firmly anchored in me since my childhood. That's probably the reason why I practice it even today.

No worries, I'm just curious, nothing more, nothing less.

@niichan Compared to Fate/Zero how good is the story and characters of Apocrypha?
That's a very, very high bar you want Apocrypha to be compared with. :lmao

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Pixiv x TYPE MOON Illustration Contest

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Quick question: is Enkidu male or female? :?bunny

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
June 25th :wtf

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I couldn't possibly tell you. I'm not really big on Light Novels, so I only read a chapter or two of Apocrypha. I do follow the manga, but that only has like 12 or so monthly chaps yet I believe. From what I know the story seems good, but if it can live up to Fate/Zero I dunno, there's way too much of the story I don't know about. That's why I only know the content of the first... dunno, maybe 6 or 7 episodes, and after that it's probably going to be new stuff for me as well xD

What takes it so long?

Have you seen this?

So awesome :zomg
What do you mean? I mean ufotable made Tales of Zestiria and the upcoming Touken Ranbu anime, they don't just work on Fate at this point, so that's probably why it took a bit longer than usual for the first HF movie. Or do you mean the +6 months wait? That's bc it takes that long for a movie to get a bluray release, so until then we only get shitty camrips at best.

Yeah saw it on pixiv a day before you shared it, but thanks ;)

Smh, how did you get all those most friendly staffer/member badges?

And you are more than right with that claim. I think we had this convo before, didn't we? It's very easy to say that you are a Muslim (or a Jew, Christian and so on), but how much value do those words coming out of your mouth have? I once learned (I was more forced though, lol) to read the Quran. Well, I was taught to read the letters, but I was never taught what those words actually mean. Today, I can't even do that much. So, what I'm saying is that I never read and understood the Quran. Most of my little "knowledge" comes from people who just repeat what they got from others. Not saying they are wrong, just saying that they never confirmed anything for themselves. I don't and can't consider me very religious. I don't pray 5 times every day, not even in my free time. I don't (or very very rarely) visit the mosque for the important friday prayer, not even jn my free time. I don't (or very very rarely) visit the mosque for the Tarawih prayer (only done during the Ramadan month), not even in my free time. I never made a move out of my free will to read and understand the Quran, not even in my free time. I eat non-Halal products, all the time. I didn't pilgrim to Mecca, yet.

On the other hand, I donate to poor people I know from Turkey, so that they can buy an animal for the Sacrifice Feast for example (sorry, if this offends anyone). I do fast, since I was little. I visit the mosque for the Sacrifice Feast and end of Ramadan prayer (two prayers in a year, wow, where is my medal?). That's pretty much it. Nothing, literally. And that goes for many people I know. Very few do even less than me, most of them do little more than me. Only a very little group do actually practice Islam. But when asked, we are all faithful muslims with every tiny bit of our heart and soul.

Oh, you made an interesting point with saying that almost every Muslim fasts. Back then, the Ramadan month was very special for us kids. Every day, another family would invite everyone else. Every day, you got to see all of your cousins, uncles, aunts and friends. Every day was another "adventure" for us. One day you play consoles, another day you play "Stadt, Land, Fluss", and the other day you just chill outside. And fasting was like a challenge. Being able to fast meant to be cool, to be strong, and most of all to be equal to the adults. We kids were never "forced" to fast, it was quite the opposite, we were advised against it. But this just encouraged us more, because it felt like we were being underestimated. :lmao Good old times, which I really miss. Well, fasting is something which is firmly anchored in me since my childhood. That's probably the reason why I practice it even today.

No worries, I'm just curious, nothing more, nothing less.

That's a very, very high bar you want Apocrypha to be compared with. :lmao
Well I'm usually a nice guy, but I can be mean too :p That only happens with people I consider friends though, or if someone really annoys me ;)

Yeah you already told me most of that stuff some time ago. I guess it's a bit of a tricky topic, bc what exactly does make one a "faithful" muslim/jew/etc.? That's a pretty difficult question where you could find arguments for almost every answer you decide on. I'm not really big on religion, but if it gives people hope and faith, or supports them in their daily life, then that's all good for me. Sadly religion has a pretty big ugly side to it, but I guess that's only natural because we're ugly humans haha.

True, I heard as much from my german friends with turkish roots back then. I imagine as a kid it's actually a lot of fun in a way, and an interesting challenge. And I guess that's why most adults practice it too, it simply has been ingrained since childhood. Personally I wouldn't do it, at least not to this extent. Some healthy fasting can actually be a pretty good thing though, no doubt.

And I think I told you quite a bit about the VN I'm working on, let's hope you will get to it at some point. For now there's Umineko... :(

Pixiv x TYPE MOON Illustration Contest
I'm looking forward to the results, please share here in case I forget about it :blush
June 25th :wtf
Yeah, finally! :zomg Gotta have to get access to the US store first though...

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The matter is way too sensitive to talk loud about.