A Fateful Encounter | Page 83 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah ofc I read those books, I thought I told you that I'm up to date with ASoIaF and am waiting for the next book XD It's amazing that I wasn't spoiled by seasons covering more than the books yet, I tried to stay away from that as much as possible and so far it worked out. It's pretty much the last western book I read though, that I have to admit. Ofc before I turned more "otaku" I read quite a few western books, but even those usually were fantasy or crime thrillers/mystery stories. Sometimes horror too, with stuff like "It" or "She" from Steven King. When I was younger I actually read quite a few history books... which reminds me that the last history-related book I read was Pillars of the Earth and later the sequel World Without End by Ken Follett. Really loved both, especially the first. For many stories I can't recall the name tbh, but some other stuff I've read is The Jackal, The Physican, Pope Joan, Le Petit Prince (which I totally didn't get as a kid tbh, I think you can only appreciate that book for real once you're older)... I'm actually here scratching my head bc there are way more but I can't recall concrete titles atm... x'D

Oh, so you're reading the Dark Tower? Many years ago I never could get past the first hundred pages or so, bc absolutely nothing happened (or that's what my memory says).
I wasn't sure whether you told me that you read the ASOIAF books or only watched the tv series and plan to read the books. :hmm Wow, you really read a lot of books. Well, compared to me that is. :lmao I was never a book reader and was never interested in them until recently. I had to read the usual books "Die Physiker" and "Der Richter und sein Henker" in school, started with Harry Potter when the Goblet of Fire was released and that's it for my youth as far as I can remember. Later, I started to watch Game of Thrones and came to realize that 99% of the fanbase recommend everyone to read the books. So, I picked ASOIAF up and also finished all five novels so far. ASOIAF made me more interested in books, but as you might already know, I didn't make the first step to pick up another book. :darn After some time, my cousin gave me the first novel of the Dark Tower series. However, I stopped reading it after the events in Tull (dunno, if you remember). But it wasn't because I disliked it. Anyway, I picked it up some weeks ago and finished the first novel recently. I'm currently reading the second novel. I'm surprised that you dropped it, because it kinda reminds me of Umineko in regards to mindfucks. :lmao I'm also a huge fan of the MC and his monologues, maybe that's why I liked the "calm" passages more than you? After The Dark Tower, I plan to read the Geralt Saga and after the Geralt Saga, I will most likely pick up Mistborn. Unless you can rec me something else. :amuse

Come again... who is Iroha?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I wasn't sure whether you told me that you read the ASOIAF books or only watched the tv series and plan to read the books. :hmm Wow, you really read a lot of books. Well, compared to me that is. :lmao I was never a book reader and was never interested in them until recently. I had to read the usual books "Die Physiker" and "Der Richter und sein Henker" in school, started with Harry Potter when the Goblet of Fire was released and that's it for my youth as far as I can remember. Later, I started to watch Game of Thrones and came to realize that 99% of the fanbase recommend everyone to read the books. So, I picked ASOIAF up and also finished all five novels so far. ASOIAF made me more interested in books, but as you might already know, I didn't make the first step to pick up another book. :darn After some time, my cousin gave me the first novel of The Dark Tower series. However, I stopped reading it after the events in Tull (dunno, if you remember). But it wasn't because I disliked it. Anyway, I picked it up some weeks ago and finished the first novel recently. I'm currently reading the second novel. I'm surprised that you dropped it, because it kinda reminds me of Umineko in regards to mindfucks. :lmao I'm also a huge fan of the MC and his monologues, maybe that's why I liked the "calm" passages more than you? After The Dark Tower, I plan to read the Geralt Saga and after the Geralt Saga, I will most likely pick up Mistborn. Unless you can rec me something else. :amuse
Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Reactions: syx

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

I admit the art is so good, especially the first pic

Okay after this I bet 100% nii will say "I saw that Ahmad, thanks : D"

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wasn't sure whether you told me that you read the ASOIAF books or only watched the tv series and plan to read the books. :hmm Wow, you really read a lot of books. Well, compared to me that is. :lmao I was never a book reader and was never interested in them until recently. I had to read the usual books "Die Physiker" and "Der Richter und sein Henker" in school, started with Harry Potter when the Goblet of Fire was released and that's it for my youth as far as I can remember. Later, I started to watch Game of Thrones and came to realize that 99% of the fanbase recommend everyone to read the books. So, I picked ASOIAF up and also finished all five novels so far. ASOIAF made me more interested in books, but as you might already know, I didn't make the first step to pick up another book. :darn After some time, my cousin gave me the first novel of the Dark Tower series. However, I stopped reading it after the events in Tull (dunno, if you remember). But it wasn't because I disliked it. Anyway, I picked it up some weeks ago and finished the first novel recently. I'm currently reading the second novel. I'm surprised that you dropped it, because it kinda reminds me of Umineko in regards to mindfucks. :lmao I'm also a huge fan of the MC and his monologues, maybe that's why I liked the "calm" passages more than you? After The Dark Tower, I plan to read the Geralt Saga and after the Geralt Saga, I will most likely pick up Mistborn. Unless you can rec me something else. :amuse

Come again... who is Iroha?
Can't really be, or it happened years ago, which I doubt xD I started reading the books soon after finishing the first season (and Season 2 didn't even start at that time). And lol, I guess I once was a big book reader :D Though yeah, compared to 90% of the people I knew and know I always was the biggest book reader by far (talking about friends and acquaintances here). So I think your case is nothing unusual, really :XD
And well, the school stuff is awful most of the time, nothing a kid or teenager will like, so I find it pretty dumb... "Der Richter und sein Henker" bored me to death for the most part, don't think we read "Die Physiker".
As for the Dark Tower series, you have to remember that I tried to read it like... 8 or 9 years ago I think? Maybe even ten or a bit more. So I can't remember anything, nor do I know if I might like it today. I'm pretty sure I just gave up prematurely back then and never really tried to pick it up again. Might do so at some point, considering I've liked all the other books from Stephen King I've read. If you like the Dark Tower, I can always recommend "Es" (horror) and "Sie" (more of a psychological thriller) from him. At some point I really should try rereading one of these at least...
I see that you're really into those fantasy stories huh? XD I think I can always recommend "Der Medicus" and "Der kleine Prinz" if you want to check out something different. Der kleine Prinz isn't really long and it has illustrations because it's kind of a book for children but it's a pretty mature story where you won't understand shit when you're small. I sure know that I appreciated it 10 times more reading it as a grown-up.

What a great Yui pic! :zomg

I admit the art is so good, especially the first pic

Okay after this I bet 100% nii will say "I saw that Ahmad, thanks : D"
I mean you don't expect me to not know this, right? :p That's very old news and ofc saw the very first (bad) scans of that when it showed up. Each week I pray to the TM god to give me the Tsukihime remake, but Nasu is too busy milking Fate :(

Also yes, the art is great, Takeuchi sure evolved a lot since the original Tsukihime XD

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Malazan Book of the Fallen.
How much value can I place on your - a Fairy Tail reader - recommendation? :notsure

And well, the school stuff is awful most of the time, nothing a kid or teenager will like, so I find it pretty dumb... "Der Richter und sein Henker" bored me to death for the most part, don't think we read "Die Physiker".
I won't forget the 5 I got for my characterization of Bärlach. :whistle:fan

As for the Dark Tower series, you have to remember that I tried to read it like... 8 or 9 years ago I think? Maybe even ten or a bit more. So I can't remember anything, nor do I know if I might like it today. I'm pretty sure I just gave up prematurely back then and never really tried to pick it up again. Might do so at some point, considering I've liked all the other books from Stephen King I've read. If you like the Dark Tower, I can always recommend "Es" (horror) and "Sie" (more of a psychological thriller) from him. At some point I really should try rereading one of these at least...
I see that you're really into those fantasy stories huh? XD I think I can always recommend "Der Medicus" and "Der kleine Prinz" if you want to check out something different. Der kleine Prinz isn't really long and it has illustrations because it's kind of a book for children but it's a pretty mature story where you won't understand shit when you're small. I sure know that I appreciated it 10 times more reading it as a grown-up.
Woah, you might really give the Dark Tower another shot, if you dropped it at such a young age. I mean, it won't hurt you to reread 100-200 pages again in order to confirm whether your decision was right or wrong back then.

I heard of "Es" and "Sie" a lot, so I might consider them in the future, especially if I turn out to be a Stephen King fan after the Dark Tower. How did the movie "Der Medicus" do compared to the book? I wasn't a big fan of the movie, I barerly can remember the plot. And that's quite some praise you have for "Der kleine Prinz". How would you rank "Sie", "Es", "Der Medicus" and "Der kleine Prinz" overall?

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
How much value can I place on your - a Fairy Tail reader - recommendation? :notsure

Woah, you might really give the Dark Tower another shot, if you dropped it at such a young age. I mean, it won't hurt you to reread 100-200 pages again in order to confirm whether your decision was right or wrong back then.

I heard of "Es" and "Sie" a lot, so I might consider them in the future, especially if I turn out to be a Stephen King fan after the Dark Tower. How did the movie "Der Medicus" do compared to the book? I wasn't a big fan of the movie, I barerly can remember the plot. And that's quite some praise you have for "Der kleine Prinz". How would you rank "Sie", "Es", "Der Medicus" and "Der kleine Prinz" overall?
Hey I may be a Fairy Tail reader, but there's a reason its sitting at a 3 in my MAL now. :p

In all seriousness though, you should check out the reviews / the general consensus on it if you don't trust my word. :XD

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hey I may be a Fairy Tail reader, but there's a reason its sitting at a 3 in my MAL now. :p

In all seriousness though, you should check out the reviews / the general consensus on it if you don't trust my word. :XD
*looks at his own FT rating, which is also at 3* :SOON

Guess, everyone has and needs his guilty pleasure. You are also a Fate fan, aren't you? So your taste can't be that bad. :blush

Yeah, I already checked some ratings, and it seems to be well received. I have it in mind. :nod

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
*looks at his own FT rating, which is also at 3* :SOON

Guess, everyone has and needs his guilty pleasure. You are also a Fate fan, aren't you? So your taste can't be that bad. :blush

Yeah, I already checked some ratings, and it seems to be well received. I have it in mind. :nod
I guess FT is one of my guilty pleasures :p. And yeah I'm a Fate fan, although I've only seen the animes and the GO special XD. Admittedly though, I do have some knowledge of other stuff like Apocrypha, Extra etc and about the other two main series in Nasuverse. :3

Keep in mind that the first book in the series can be confusing as it kind off throws the reader straight in the middle of the action. After that though it gets immensely better.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Koe no Katachi? :notsure

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I bet you already know this nii? :D

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Keep in mind that the first book in the series can be confusing as it kind off throws the reader straight in the middle of the action. After that though it gets immensely better.
Oh, you cute, clueless human being. Just for your information, I read Umineko. There is nothing which can confuse me more. :teehee
Koe no Katachi is here. :arf
Did you read the manga?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
And this is the result of me searching for some Cu Alter fanarts on Twitter. I found this pic haha

Maybe you will like it (not really sure). I often saw the girl, but I don't know (have never googled) who she is. Is she Sakura, or a new servant, or a demi-servant, or someone else?

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Right, that name makes me recall painful memories too... xD Though I never got a 5 in anything for German as a subject, so there's that :kappa

Yeah I didn't mean to say that I would never give it another chance, I actually figured that there's a good chance I might feel different about it nowadays. Still, not right now. I usually don't take on more than one big "project" at once, it kinda distracts me too much, I prefer as much immersion as possible.

I'm not sure how similar they are to the Dark Tower, but if you like that one there's a good chance you will enjoy the majority of his other books.
Didn't watch the movie, but I heard it got lukewarm reception. You know that movie adaptations turn out bad more often than not, so I think you can't really draw any conclusions from that. The book was really cool, and like always, there's no way you can fit hundreds of pages into a what, 2 hours long movie at best.

Hmm it's a bit hard to give a concrete rating, simply because it's been too long. Well "Der kleine Prinz" was the most recent one out of these and it's relatively short, but I think I would easily give that one a 9/10 if you're able to appreciate the various messages and statements it makes/delivers.
I remember "Es" was really good at times, at other times it felt a bit too stretched, so I think 8/10. "Sie" captured me pretty much the whole time, so 9/10. "Der Medicus"... I think 8-8.5/10. Remember that I'm not judging their literary value, it's been too long for that anyway, but my personal enjoyment (going by as much as I remember about my feelings back then).

I bet you already know this nii? :D
I don't know that one tbh, but I don't like it that much. Still thanks, I appreciate it :nod

And this is the result of me searching for some Cu Alter fanarts on Twitter. I found this pic haha

Maybe you will like it (not really sure). I often saw the girl, but I don't know (have never googled) who she is. Is she Sakura, or a new servant, or a demi-servant, or someone else?
Yeah this one I know XD I saw a few more rather good Emiya Alter pics, some really cool ones actually, but I just can't get over his silly design... maybe I can appreciate him more once I know his story. As for the girl... that's complicated xD I guess you can call her a demi-servant in a sense, but they're generally called Alter Ego. They're beings who got mixed together by various other entities or their traits. This one is called Meltlilith and her components are "BB's Ego, Artemis, Lotan and Saraswati. A bit too complicated to explain it in a short way, so if you're curious and don't mind spoilers you probably have to look up Meltlilith or BB on the wiki : )

oh and they're from the game called Fate/Extra CCC, but they just got included in an event of FGO, so that's why they're getting a lot of fanart lately (not that I mind) :D

Koe no Katachi is here. :arf
Yeah so you should better read the manga :p or watch the movie if you lack the motivation for that, just saying ;)

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Right, that name makes me recall painful memories too... xD Though I never got a 5 in anything for German as a subject, so there's that :kappa

Yeah I didn't mean to say that I would never give it another chance, I actually figured that there's a good chance I might feel different about it nowadays. Still, not right now. I usually don't take on more than one big "project" at once, it kinda distracts me too much, I prefer as much immersion as possible.

I'm not sure how similar they are to the Dark Tower, but if you like that one there's a good chance you will enjoy the majority of his other books.
Didn't watch the movie, but I heard it got lukewarm reception. You know that movie adaptations turn out bad more often than not, so I think you can't really draw any conclusions from that. The book was really cool, and like always, there's no way you can fit hundreds of pages into a what, 2 hours long movie at best.

Hmm it's a bit hard to give a concrete rating, simply because it's been too long. Well "Der kleine Prinz" was the most recent one out of these and it's relatively short, but I think I would easily give that one a 9/10 if you're able to appreciate the various messages and statements it makes/delivers.
I remember "Es" was really good at times, at other times it felt a bit too stretched, so I think 8/10. "Sie" captured me pretty much the whole time, so 9/10. "Der Medicus"... I think 8-8.5/10. Remember that I'm not judging their literary value, it's been too long for that anyway, but my personal enjoyment (going by as much as I remember about my feelings back then).
I was the king at getting 5s in german until the 8th or 9th class. :lmao

What is your current "big project" then?

I have a long way to go after all. The Dark Tower and the Witcher series sure will take a long time to finish for someone like me. Then I might decide between Mistborn or "Sie", just because of the hype. Sadly, there is no one I know who read Mistborn, I would like to hear the opinion of colleagues.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I was the king at getting 5s in german until the 8th or 9th class. :lmao

What is your current "big project" then?

I have a long way to go after all. The Dark Tower and the Witcher series sure will take a long time to finish for someone like me. Then I might decide between Mistborn or "Sie", just because of the hype. Sadly, there is no one I know who read Mistborn, I would like to hear the opinion of colleagues.
And what happened after that? XD

The last one was Persona 5. Right now it's nothing, because besides uni and work I also have to do the QC for a certain VN. It's one of my favourites and I get money for the job, so I'm more than happy to help with that. Then again, besides the usual anime episodes and manga chapters per week, I'm also slowly reading through the Umineko manga, but I think I told you. What's slow though, I'm at Episode 7 and we both know where you are :kappa

Yeah I don't doubt that xD Years seem likely, considering it's mutliple books :p But hey I'm always ready to talk to you about any of the ones I mentioned~ I know what you mean, having no one somewhat close to you to talk about the book/game/etc is sad, I guess that's why everyone tries to rec his/her friends the book or game if you love it, bc you really want to talk about it :XD I mean in this age talking about something with someone is always possible, but it's just not the same if it's some random dude on the internet.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
And what happened after that? XD

The last one was Persona 5. Right now it's nothing, because besides uni and work I also have to do the QC for a certain VN. It's one of my favourites and I get money for the job, so I'm more than happy to help with that. Then again, besides the usual anime episodes and manga chapters per week, I'm also slowly reading through the Umineko manga, but I think I told you. What's slow though, I'm at Episode 7 and we both know where you are :kappa

Yeah I don't doubt that xD Years seem likely, considering it's mutliple books :p But hey I'm always ready to talk to you about any of the ones I mentioned~ I know what you mean, having no one somewhat close to you to talk about the book/game/etc is sad, I guess that's why everyone tries to rec his/her friends the book or game if you love it, bc you really want to talk about it :XD I mean in this age talking about something with someone is always possible, but it's just not the same if it's some random dude on the internet.
I started to study finally, lol. :) Additionally, I had a nice tutor if my memory serves me right. It was also the time where my parents got divorced, which I thought - and still think - was better for everyone.

Ah, I thought you were referring to a book. Persona 5 seems like a great game, I will definitely play it, too. What does QC stand for? Quality Control? That sounds interesting. Are you allowed to tell for which VN? Do you think I might like it? And come one, you are kinda rereading Umineko. I'm in a far worse position, considering all the riddles, mysteries and mindfucks. Not comparable... not comparable at all. :hmph

You are not a random dude on the internet for me anymore. :hmph Besides, in regards to Mistborn, I was simply saying that there is no one I know - and whose opinion I value - who read Mistborn and could rec or advise against it. So, if I had to choose between Mistborn and "Sie", I would most go with "Sie".

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
?

I started to study finally, lol. :) Additionally, I had a nice tutor if my memory serves me right. It was also the time where my parents got divorced, which I thought - and still think - was better for everyone.

Ah, I thought you were referring to a book. Persona 5 seems like a great game, I will definitely play it, too. What does QC stand for? Quality Control? That sounds interesting. Are you allowed to tell for which VN? Do you think I might like it? And come one, you are kinda rereading Umineko. I'm in a far worse position, considering all the riddles, mysteries and mindfucks. Not comparable... not comparable at all. :hmph

You are not a random dude on the internet for me anymore. :hmph Besides, in regards to Mistborn, I was simply saying that there is no one I know - and whose opinion I value - who read Mistborn and could rec or advise against it. So, if I had to choose between Mistborn and "Sie", I would most go with "Sie".
lol now that's great :) A good tutor really can do a lot, and a bad one can destroy a lot. Sadly there seem to be way too many bad ones... right, you mentioned that everything turned better after that. You weren't sad or anything?

No, a big project is anything that is more than a few (manga) chapters or episodes. Let's say everything that takes more than just a few hours is a big project to me, or watching/reading a whole series. I don't really like to have two of those at once, bc that divides my attention too much and I don't like to stop reading or watching for days either, for better immersion. Ofc with single chapters or episodes that can't be avoided, but it's not how I prefer to tackle things.
And yeah it's a great game, not without fault, but then again nothing is. Really had a tremendous amount of fun with that, if Persona 6 actually manages to surpass 5 then it might as well be a masterpiece (saying this bc 4 was better than 3, and 5 is better than 4 overall. "Sequels actually being better than their predecessor is really rare, sadly).
Yeah Quality Control, basically checking for typos, spelling, grammar etc. and the technical stuff (does everything appear as it should, etc). I can tell you in private which one it is, but not here. Pretty sure you would like it, but you better finish what you have at hand first... xD
Heee that's a nice excuse :p well everyone has his own pace, I just like to nag at times x)

yeah I got that, I meant that for "online" friends too ofc ;) Basically everyone you're close to in some way, bc that makes it much more fun to talk about your experience. Some random person, no matter if the internet or not, just isn't the same. And haha, good to hear that :D