A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Poor Illya... Even in her own what-if-route she still gets replaced by a different girl... *sighs*
Well this Shirou is still a bit different... Just wondering though... Did Julian install a tracking device? :XD

Guren has a nice weapon and that is all that matters to me. :kappa
Well Illya is there, in a sense it's still her route :blush
I guess he actually followed him? I mean if you look at the pat two chapters you can clearly see that he already is suspicious of Shirou. Also loved the comment about this being "the most boring plot development" haha

It's easy to please you sometimes... xD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Well Illya is there, in a sense it's still her route :blush
I guess he actually followed him? I mean if you look at the pat two chapters you can clearly see that he already is suspicious of Shirou. Also loved the comment about this being "the most boring plot development" haha

It's easy to please you sometimes... xD
Kinda... But in this flashback it does feel like Illya became the sidekick. x'D
The whole chap was hilarious anyway. The lolicon jokes... Julian becoming more chatty after changing his pants... Hah. x'D
Well shit is about to go down.

Yeah. I am the easy-going, easy to please type. :blush

---------- Post added October 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2015 at 08:42 PM ----------

That moment when you can already hear certain pieces of the OST while reading a Gintama chapter.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Kinda... But in this flashback it does feel like Illya became the sidekick. x'D
The whole chap was hilarious anyway. The lolicon jokes... Julian becoming more chatty after changing his pants... Hah. x'D
Well shit is about to go down.

Yeah. I am the easy-going, easy to please type. :blush

---------- Post added October 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2015 at 08:42 PM ----------

That moment when you can already hear certain pieces of the OST while reading a Gintama chapter.
Well it's a flashback from a world where she doesn't exist so.... :XD
I can't wait~

Heh, really? :blush

Indeed, a nice chap :nod I guess the villains are gathering now to prepare for multiple big fights (Oboro isn't good enough by now x'D). I wonder about that guy with the eye on his forehead... do we know him? Could it be that one from the Red Spider arc? Just making a guess where Gin might know him from.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Well it's a flashback from a world where she doesn't exist so.... :XD
I can't wait~

Heh, really? :blush

Indeed, a nice chap :nod I guess the villains are gathering now to prepare for multiple big fights (Oboro isn't good enough by now x'D). I wonder about that guy with the eye on his forehead... do we know him? Could it be that one from the Red Spider arc? Just making a guess where Gin might know him from.
Sure just saying that their world feels "natural" as well. It does have "all" the characters... Well apart from Illya... :kappa
Neither can I.~ More Shirou badassness~

Of course. Well there are some things where I am rather picky but apart from that... :XD

That moment when even a character with the looks of Umibozu is able to look badass as fuck. :XD I hope we already know him... Because introducing even more characters Gintoki might've fought in the past at some point would be kinda meh at this point.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

but I stopped that long ago...? XD I mean I won't deny that I'm a Fatetard but please don't say something you never even watched or read destroyed my rep, because everything I recommend to you, you end up enjoying, if you do check it out xP

Yeah I think Hunter x Hunter would've been a very big hit, probably even more so than Naruto was, if it actually had a regular schedule. I mean even with the constant breaks for many years volumes still sell a million in Japan and a big amount of people jump on the manga every time it actually returns. I mean the series isn't without flaws, nothing is, but I would argue that in terms of quality (story and characters) it easily surpasses a lot of other Jump series, OP and Naruto too.

Haha nice, I forgot how awesome the OP's were! Need to rewatch them all sometime soon.

Well I think Togashi really planned for a rather long continued serialization this time, only to get problems with his back out of it. I dunno how serious it actually was, but from how it sounded serious enough for him to put HxH on a sudden halt. I actually believe he's recovered by now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks along the lines of "fuck this, I'm getting too old for this shit. No more back pain pleaze, let's just enjoy life!" now lol.
I mean I wouldn't like it if he actually ends HxH now, but I could deal with it. The manga ended on a good note, solving the main issue that was brought up in the beginning (Gon meeting his father) and while not everything has been solved, it can serve as a good ending. If it continues then great, if it doesn't that's okay too.

All the more reason why I strongly recommend Boku no Hero Academia to you, because I think it can fill the spot of Naruto for you :p
Guess I wasn't lazy enough after all. Will try to keep it short though xd

Not Fate Stay Asleep :babyrage But other than that I have no examples of something that disappointed me, no. You got pretty good grasp on my taste I think.

Yeah but it's kind of easy to give it too much credit too. HxH is half of Naruto's length. Around chapter 350 of Naruto it still hadn't spiraled out of control after the Pain arc. At that point it was arguably in its prime during Shippuuden. But overall I'd say HxH is better at that point too, in pretty much all aspects except when it comes to the emotional aspect.

Yeah I always loved the ending of the episodes, where they started to play the ED songs during the anime, then transitioned to the EDs. And they were all so good so I had to listen to the entire EDs xD Same with the OPs. I've actually been rewatching quite a few clips on Youtube lately of HxH. Kind of keen at rewatching the series actually, but it's so long, LOL. I also seem to be missing episodes 1-25, wonder what happened to them.

Yeah. He probably develops back pain easily from sitting in the positions he does to draw, and due to that he's tired of this shit. Or maybe he doesn't and it's not that bad, who knows. It's just sad either way. I'm pretty salty that it's pretty much stopped half-way through it.

No it can't.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Sure just saying that their world feels "natural" as well. It does have "all" the characters... Well apart from Illya... :kappa
Neither can I.~ More Shirou badassness~

Of course. Well there are some things where I am rather picky but apart from that... :XD

That moment when even a character with the looks of Umibozu is able to look badass as fuck. :XD I hope we already know him... Because introducing even more characters Gintoki might've fought in the past at some point would be kinda meh at this point.
Well, Miyu basically is the grail of that world, so yeah XD
Shirou badassness and Sakura cuteness/madness, I couldn't ask for more :zomg

Yes, yes you are :P

Sorachi knows how to make characters look badass if he wants to XD
Yeah it's not really necessary at this point, but I guess some kind of connection has to exist to make them more compelling enemies, because there's not really time for much characterization at this point. Doesn't have to be Gin-chan though.

Guess I wasn't lazy enough after all. Will try to keep it short though xd

Not Fate Stay Asleep :babyrage But other than that I have no examples of something that disappointed me, no. You got pretty good grasp on my taste I think.

Yeah but it's kind of easy to give it too much credit too. HxH is half of Naruto's length. Around chapter 350 of Naruto it still hadn't spiraled out of control after the Pain arc. At that point it was arguably in its prime during Shippuuden. But overall I'd say HxH is better at that point too, in pretty much all aspects except when it comes to the emotional aspect.

Yeah I always loved the ending of the episodes, where they started to play the ED songs during the anime, then transitioned to the EDs. And they were all so good so I had to listen to the entire EDs xD Same with the OPs. I've actually been rewatching quite a few clips on Youtube lately of HxH. Kind of keen at rewatching the series actually, but it's so long, LOL. I also seem to be missing episodes 1-25, wonder what happened to them.

Yeah. He probably develops back pain easily from sitting in the positions he does to draw, and due to that he's tired of this shit. Or maybe he doesn't and it's not that bad, who knows. It's just sad either way. I'm pretty salty that it's pretty much stopped half-way through it.

No it can't.
but you never watched it, so how could it possibly disappoint you? :babyrage
And see, have some faith in my grasp regarding your taste :p

Well we had this dicussion multiple times, but I still think that Naruto had multiple rather weak or lackluster arcs, even at the same number of chapters HxH currently has. If you ignore nostalgia and the likes, I would argue that Hunter x Hunter is pretty much better in every aspect yeah. I guess you could argue that Naruto's "best moments" surpass Hunter x Hunter at times, but it's rather hard to compare, considering Naruto basically was the introduction to the manga/anime world for a majority, and hence always is seen with a rather big amount of bias.

Yeah I would consider a rewatch too but it's so goddamn long.... not anytime soon at least. But yep, the EDs and OPs were spectacular for the most part. I think it's hard to argue against the fact that this is probably the best long-running anime out there. Well not like I've seen all dem anime, but looking back I still think it's astonishing that they were able to maintain such a high level of quality for 150 episodes.

Half-way through? Like I said, he could've easily ended it with Gon meeting his father if he so wanted to, the only really open thing remains Kurapika and the Spiders. Ofc now that he introduced this whole new continent it's a rather hard pill to swallow that he won't return anytime soon, if ever. Oh well, no point lamenting about things that can't be changed.

Yes it can, trust me you fool!
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Well, Miyu basically is the grail of that world, so yeah XD
Shirou badassness and Sakura cuteness/madness, I couldn't ask for more :zomg

Yes, yes you are :P

Sorachi knows how to make characters look badass if he wants to XD
Yeah it's not really necessary at this point, but I guess some kind of connection has to exist to make them more compelling enemies, because there's not really time for much characterization at this point. Doesn't have to be Gin-chan though.
Illya > Miyu. That is still the golden rule. :kappa

Yandere Sakura. She'll lancelot the living shit out of our heroes...

Yes I am. :blush

Indeed... Pretty much everyone is able to look badass...
I guess we can expect quite many fights in the near future.

Oh D.Gray Man is out? Nice. Only 3 more months till the next chap.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Illya > Miyu. That is still the golden rule. :kappa

Yandere Sakura. She'll lancelot the living shit out of our heroes...

Yes I am. :blush

Indeed... Pretty much everyone is able to look badass...
I guess we can expect quite many fights in the near future.

Oh D.Gray Man is out? Nice. Only 3 more months till the next chap.
I don't disagree :kappa

LOL. I'm just glad she will finally get some focus too, I was missing Kirei and Sakura in Illya's world, so hopefully he will get some focus too :blush

Well it's the big final arc I guess, so many fights are to be expected.

You're late with that one, it's been out for days XD Not that I care too much, but nice chap I would say
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

I don't disagree :kappa

LOL. I'm just glad she will finally get some focus too, I was missing Kirei and Sakura in Illya's world, so hopefully he will get some focus too :blush

Well it's the big final arc I guess, so many fights are to be expected.

You're late with that one, it's been out for days XD Not that I care too much, but nice chap I would say
But you don't completely agree huh? :frankerz

Pretty sure they are goofs in Illyas own world. Kirie is probably like "well shit" and Sakura is like "Senpaaaaaaaaaai <3".

It is good that most of those fights don't last that long. :nod

I read it just now and I wonder if I should stop. I have absolutely no idea what is ging on anymore... Who is Mana? Who is Nea? Who is Allen even? Red?
If Mana was the earl (kinda) then how did the earl revive Mana in the beginning as an Akuma?
This used to be such an "easy" story...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

But you don't completely agree huh? :frankerz

Pretty sure they are goofs in Illyas own world. Kirie is probably like "well shit" and Sakura is like "Senpaaaaaaaaaai <3".

It is good that most of those fights don't last that long. :nod

I read it just now and I wonder if I should stop. I have absolutely no idea what is ging on anymore... Who is Mana? Who is Nea? Who is Allen even? Red?
If Mana was the earl (kinda) then how did the earl revive Mana in the beginning as an Akuma?
This used to be such an "easy" story...
I do XD

I prefer the more complex versions <3

Well Mana and Nea are a divided Millenium Earl. Mana devoured Nea to become the complete Millenium Earl, but his personality still is Mana's, he just repressed it completely and created the Millenium Earl persona to cope with murdering Nea. The Nea inside Allen simply revived, like all other Noahs do too. As for Allen and his backstory, I dunno tbh. Maybe it's an early fuckup because she didn't have that much planned back then, but my memory about the early parts is way too fuzzy and at this point I don't care enough to read the whole thing again.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

I do XD

I prefer the more complex versions <3

Well Mana and Nea are a divided Millenium Earl. Mana devoured Nea to become the complete Millenium Earl, but his personality still is Mana's, he just repressed it completely and created the Millenium Earl persona to cope with murdering Nea. The Nea inside Allen simply revived, like all other Noahs do too. As for Allen and his backstory, I dunno tbh. Maybe it's an early fuckup because she didn't have that much planned back then, but my memory about the early parts is way too fuzzy and at this point I don't care enough to read the whole thing again.
Are you sure? :kappa

Well do do I... So we should be glad that there is this fucked up parallel world. :XD

I still don't get it... :XD Anyone here on MH who is an abolute DGM crack?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Are you sure? :kappa

Well do do I... So we should be glad that there is this fucked up parallel world. :XD

I still don't get it... :XD Anyone here on MH who is an abolute DGM crack?
ofc I am :nod

I prefer it fucked up :toc

Ask riki or kannazuki XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Yeah fucked up means it'll be a lot of fun. :kappa

Thanks. I will ask them. :blush
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

but you never watched it, so how could it possibly disappoint you? :babyrage
And see, have some faith in my grasp regarding your taste :p

Well we had this dicussion multiple times, but I still think that Naruto had multiple rather weak or lackluster arcs, even at the same number of chapters HxH currently has. If you ignore nostalgia and the likes, I would argue that Hunter x Hunter is pretty much better in every aspect yeah. I guess you could argue that Naruto's "best moments" surpass Hunter x Hunter at times, but it's rather hard to compare, considering Naruto basically was the introduction to the manga/anime world for a majority, and hence always is seen with a rather big amount of bias.

Yeah I would consider a rewatch too but it's so goddamn long.... not anytime soon at least. But yep, the EDs and OPs were spectacular for the most part. I think it's hard to argue against the fact that this is probably the best long-running anime out there. Well not like I've seen all dem anime, but looking back I still think it's astonishing that they were able to maintain such a high level of quality for 150 episodes.

Half-way through? Like I said, he could've easily ended it with Gon meeting his father if he so wanted to, the only really open thing remains Kurapika and the Spiders. Ofc now that he introduced this whole new continent it's a rather hard pill to swallow that he won't return anytime soon, if ever. Oh well, no point lamenting about things that can't be changed.

Yes it can, trust me you fool!
Well, the other one didn't excite me too much, so I was like "meeeeeh" :babyrage
stfu noob.

Well, I guess that's true. I feel like HxH's arcs also had their flaws however. Even if they all had strong points, they also had weak points. I think the only real flawless arc at quick thought is the exam arc. It's short, it's to the point and it is strong in all its phases. But overall you have to say the story was complex, well executed and thought out. But then again he had a lot of time to think 8-) But yeah I think most of the Shippuuden arcs had big flaws except for the Pain saga and Itachi's battle with Sasuke. But we seem to be in agreement here in general anyway xD

Cmon man, what about Gintama MAL ranking :babyrage :4head

Yeah he could, but he didn't. He started to build up the Dark Continent arc for 8 chapters then left. It's basically built up to sound like it will be a whole other "half" of the manga. But yeah nothing to do about it except being :pjsalt
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

Well, the other one didn't excite me too much, so I was like "meeeeeh" :babyrage
stfu noob.

Well, I guess that's true. I feel like HxH's arcs also had their flaws however. Even if they all had strong points, they also had weak points. I think the only real flawless arc at quick thought is the exam arc. It's short, it's to the point and it is strong in all its phases. But overall you have to say the story was complex, well executed and thought out. But then again he had a lot of time to think 8-) But yeah I think most of the Shippuuden arcs had big flaws except for the Pain saga and Itachi's battle with Sasuke. But we seem to be in agreement here in general anyway xD

Cmon man, what about Gintama MAL ranking :babyrage :4head

Yeah he could, but he didn't. He started to build up the Dark Continent arc for 8 chapters then left. It's basically built up to sound like it will be a whole other "half" of the manga. But yeah nothing to do about it except being :pjsalt
and I kept telling you it's not really the same but okay :babyrage

Well nothing is perfect xD And I would say he didn't have that much time to think during the first few years, the months long breaks only happened later on haha. More or less started with Greed Island but the worst part obviously was the Chimera Ant arc, because it was sooo long and there were so many breaks in-between... still


Only a part of it but damn, Gon confronting Pitou still gives me goosebumps, it's better than the majority of fights :kreygasm
And yes, we are in agreement :D

Well Gintama is great but I hold HxH in higher regards because the animation constantly was on a very high level, for Gintama that wasn't needed most of the time.

Yeah, let's throw salt around until he returns, eventually!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

and I kept telling you it's not really the same but okay :babyrage

Well nothing is perfect xD And I would say he didn't have that much time to think during the first few years, the months long breaks only happened later on haha. More or less started with Greed Island but the worst part obviously was the Chimera Ant arc, because it was sooo long and there were so many breaks in-between... still


Only a part of it but damn, Gon confronting Pitou still gives me goosebumps, it's better than the majority of fights :kreygasm
And yes, we are in agreement :D

Well Gintama is great but I hold HxH in higher regards because the animation constantly was on a very high level, for Gintama that wasn't needed most of the time.

Yeah, let's throw salt around until he returns, eventually!
haha, stay mad dude :babyrage

Haha yeah of course, but later he had all the time in the world during the Chimera Ant Arc 8-)

That confrontation easily top 5 moment in the series :kreygasm Still gives me the chills.

I know, I was just baiting you to reply. I was hoping you'd type a longer rant since I know you don't like how high Gintama is on the list.

Stay salty friend, stay salty :pjsalt
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

haha, stay mad dude :babyrage

Haha yeah of course, but later he had all the time in the world during the Chimera Ant Arc 8-)

That confrontation easily top 5 moment in the series :kreygasm Still gives me the chills.

I know, I was just baiting you to reply. I was hoping you'd type a longer rant since I know you don't like how high Gintama is on the list.

Stay salty friend, stay salty :pjsalt
You want me to stay salty and mad? Damn is this the return of the grumplord? 8)

Yeah can't deny that, but then again there are a lot of authors who have all the time in the world and can't create a good story :^)

Agreed. I shall rewatch that episode now, I'm in the mood. The whole Gon/Nefelpitou confrontation including the fight was the highlight of the arc anyway, even if they delivered with Netero vs Meruem too.

haha this bait attempt, it's not working that easily. I don't like it but I'm not a fervent hater or anything, maybe you got the wrong impression there lol.

Anyway, start whatever you want next, just something I know too plz so we can talk about it, I miss our walls :D
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

:pjsalt
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

What's with the salt? I can actually lead long conversations with Nuno yeah, for some reason it's not working with you :pjsalt
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Save in the name of true love

How rude... Of course it works for us as well... :pout
 
Top